- Text Size +

As Finn drove along Sundance Road, grumbling to himself about how uneven it was, he saw a black SUV coming from the airport along the road towards him. Instinctively, he pulled to the side and gave the oncoming vehicle the right of way, trying to determine who it belonged to. As it drove past him, he realized that the windows were so tinted he might as well have been looking in a mirror. 


Shrugging, he continued along the road until he was back at the airport, just like the day before. Katelyn was already outside, wearing a pink V-neck shirt and the same black shorts as the day before. She was rubbing her inner elbow, but quickly stopped once she saw Finn’s car pull up to the hangar. Rapidly standing up, she walked over to him with two small steps. She sat back down right next to his car as he stepped out.


“Hey, Finn! How are you?” She smiled.


Finn looked up at her, still not used to receiving a friendly greeting from his former bully, “Good! Saw an SUV leaving here. What was that about?” 


“Oh, that was the Department of Health. They wanted some more blood samples from me.” She replied.


“Huh. What for?” 


“Something about isolating the mutation. I’m not sure exactly, way too complicated for me to understand. I tell you who does know, Doctor Hopkins. She’s confident they could make a cure for me, but just isn’t sure how long it would take.” 


“That’s awesome!” Finn exclaimed.


“I know, right? What I wouldn’t give to be back to my good ol’ five foot seven self.” 


“So, what do you wanna do today? I’ve gotta be home by three this time. Gotta do the homework I’ve been neglecting.” 


“Ugh, homework. Such a nerd,” Katelyn scoffed sarcastically, “That was a joke! I wasn’t being mean!” She quickly added.


Finn cracked a smile, “I know, don’t worry.” 


“Oh! I almost forgot! Notice anything new?” She asked, thrusting her feet towards Finn to present her toenails.


Stopping just short of knocking him over, the toenails in question had bright blue paint on them that hadn’t been there the day before. Along with the sight came an odor that dominated all other smells. It wasn’t unbearable, but it was by no means a pleasant smell. Now able to see her soles, Finn saw a layer of dirt caked onto her feet and wedged between her toes, no doubt from walking barefoot. He cast a glance up at Katelyn’s face and saw her beaming back a smile. She wiggled her toes, each of them larger than his head. 


“Is this the lead up to calling me a foot pervert?” He asked, never asked to review a girl’s pedicure before.


“Of course not! I promise this is not about making fun of you! I’m just curious what you think of my new nails?” 


“I-I like them…” Finn stuttered, not sure what exactly to say as a compliment, “Where did you get the paint?” 


“I have a few colors of house paint sitting around. Put it on with a paint roller. Do you like the color?” She asked, holding her toes still for Finn to take them in again.


“Y-yes, I do,” He stammered again, thinking about how blue was his favorite color. 


Wait. He’d mentioned what his favorite color was to Katelyn yesterday, when they were sharing facts about each other. He had a sneaking suspicion now that she’d done this specifically for him. If that was true, he had to admit it was a bit strange. 


“I should probably stop shoving my huge, smelly feet in your face, huh?” Katelyn asked rhetorically, retracting her legs back towards her body, “Anyway, I was thinking we could hang out at the radio tower again. Maybe check out the river?” 


“I’m in!” 


“Excellent! And I’ve also got a new way I think I could carry you.”


Katelyn lowered her hand to the ground and Finn stepped on without hesitation. She rose to her full height once again, raising Finn up to her shoulder. He carefully stepped off and took a seat on the pink cloth, grabbing a few strands of her blonde hair to keep himself steady. Looking out, he and Katelyn had roughly the same view. Looking at the roof of the hangar, he could see a white pair of panties set out to dry in the sun, alongside the light green shirt from the day before.


“How’s that? Are you good?” She asked, trying to turn her head to face him.


“Yep! It’s like I’m holding onto a ship’s rigging!” Finn replied, giving her hair a gentle tug.


“Well okay then, my little sailor. Off we go!” 


As Katelyn took her first step, Finn wrapped a few strands of hair around his arm for more support. He momentarily lost his balance, but was able to find it again before he tipped too far. Katelyn’s hand reached up, hovering just a few feet away to catch him if he fell.


“You good?” She asked, turning her head as far as she could without knocking him over.


“I’m good!” He replied, carefully sitting down on her shoulder.


The rest of the short journey continued without incident. As they approached the radio tower, Finn could see a black convertible parked at the base of the tower. With each of Katelyn’s enormous steps, he could see more and more detail, like the couple obviously making out in the back seat. Realizing Katelyn was coming, the guy scrambled into the front seat, quickly starting the car as Katelyn came within a step of them.


“Sorry to intrude on your alone time,” She apologized, watching the car quickly speed away.


Katelyn lowered her shoulder for Finn to step onto the platform. Once he was safely on the metal structure, she crouched down ever so slightly so they were at eye level.


“How was it? I’m still trying to figure out what the best method for carrying people is,” She said.


“I liked it. Definitely the most free, and probably has the most risk. Open palm is probably the best choice,” Finn replied honestly.


“Alright. I’ll remember that for the future. What about my shirt pocket? How was that?” 


“I liked that, too. But I see not all of your shirts have pockets,” He motioned towards her chest.


“Yes, this shirt is the only one that doesn’t have that pocket. I like that method when I have to use both of my hands or need to be active. I can make sure you don’t fall out or anything.” 


Finn cast a downwards glance at her cleavage. A pocket wasn’t necessary to keep him in place without her hands. Hell, she could just drop him in her bra cup. Yet again, Finn blocked out any sexual ideas and looked at Katelyn’s face, hoping he hadn’t been staring for too long.


“Where’s the furthest you’ve walked since you grew?” He asked, trying to shift the topic.


“That’s a good question. I’ve been to the city a handful of times, not in the city, mind you. Just on the outskirts. But about a month ago, I did walk about two hours or so to do some tests with the Department of Health. That was probably a good hundred fifty miles away, and I had a helicopter escort and everything. It made headlines. Didn’t you ever hear about that?” She wondered.


Finn shook his head, “No, I blocked out everything related to you. I was just still angry at you…and scared about what you might’ve been planning against me. Looking back, that might’ve been mean of me.” 


It was Katelyn’s turn to shake her head, “No, no, don’t you dare feel bad about that for even a second. If I were in your shoes, I would’ve done the same thing. Don’t feel bad about anything, especially considering the years of awful stuff I did to you.”


Finn smiled and looked out at the scenery in front of him. As he looked towards the river, he noticed an old concrete pillar sticking out from the overgrowth near the riverbank. Leaning forwards, he tried to distinguish what it was.


“What’s that?” He asked, pointing towards it.


“Oh, that little thing? I’ll show you!” 


Not asking for permission, Katelyn pinched Finn between her thumb and forefinger, quickly pulling him from the tower. Before he could react, he was wrapped in a tight yet soft fist as Katelyn navigated her way down the hill towards the river.


“Easy…almost…there!” She exclaimed, reaching the point where the terrain leveled out, only a few dozen yards from the river. 


Finn was carefully set down atop the concrete pillar in question, finding it was roughly ten feet or so above the water. It was decades old, with the concrete cracked and patches of moss covering the surface. 


“I think it was used to moore up barges when they weren’t in use, back when they were more common along the river,” Katelyn explained.


“Interesting. I would’ve thought it was an old bridge support, but there’s none on the other side of the river,” Finn thought aloud, looking out across the river.


The river was pretty wide, but Katelyn could probably swim across in a few strokes. That is, assuming it was even deep enough for her to swim. 


“Up for a little swimming?” Katelyn asked, making Finn turn around.


“I’ll pass. I don’t have a swimsuit,” He replied.


“Aww, come on! It’s not like I have one either! It’s called underwear!” 


Finn glanced at the river again, tempted to jump in, “Nah, I’m good.” 


Katelyn shrugged, “Suit yourself,” She said before grabbing the bottom of her shirt and lifting it over her head, revealing a plain black bra.


Finn’s eyes went wide and he quickly turned around, facing the water once again. He heard the rustling of trees and cloth as he tried to focus on the other side of the river, the birds in the air, anything to keep him distracted. 


“Come on, Finn! Turn around. Don’t be shy,” Katelyn encouraged in a playful tone. 


After a brief moment of hesitation, he slowly turned around to see Katelyn’s shirt and shorts draped over a few trees. And there was Katelyn, wearing only her black bra and matching underwear. She got down on her knees, pushing her face closer to Finn, who took a nervous step back towards the ledge.


“You sure you don’t wanna swim?” She asked again, batting her eyelashes. 


He wasn’t sure if it was him scared to say no to her, or maybe just because he secretly wanted to swim, but he quickly removed his shirt, dropping it at his feet. Under the unrelenting gaze of Katelyn, he removed his shoes and socks, setting them up nicely. Lastly, he unbuttoned his shorts but hesitated when it came to pulling them down. Katelyn gave a quick nod, motioning for him to continue. Stepping out of his shorts, he stood up and crossed his arms. Katelyn gave his body a once over and immediately burst out laughing. 


“You’re wearing dinosaur boxers? You realize you’re a senior, right?” She said, breaking down into a new round of laughter. 


“Shut up, they’re comfortable!” Finn replied, feeling his face go red with embarrassment, “Besides, it’s not like I planned on showing people my underwear today. I have other pairs that are just plain colors, too.” 


“Guess it’s a good thing I never tried to pants you in the hallway, huh? Anyway, jump in!” 


Finn turned to lean over the ledge of the pillar, inching closer until his toes were over the side. He wasn’t sure how cold it was, and didn’t feel ready to just take a blind leap of faith. 


“Uh, maybe you could-” Finn began, turning around, only to find a massive toe coming towards him. 


Trying to hold back Katelyn’s big toe was like trying to hold back a bulldozer. He tried to hold onto the nail, but the paint had made the surface slippery. Finn was pushed back and fell right over the edge, landing in the river with a splash. The water was cool, not uncomfortably cold, but not as warm as he would’ve liked. He surfaced and wiped his eyes, taking a deep breath. On the shore, Katelyn watched on completely unfazed.


“What was that for?” He yelled.


“What was what?” She replied innocently. 


“You pushed me!” 


“It was just a nudge.” Katelyn shrugged before stepping into the water as well. 


Finn’s feet couldn’t reach the bottom of the river, but it barely went past Katelyn’s ankles at that same spot. 


“Wanna race to the other side?” She offered.


“Somehow this doesn’t seem like a fair race,” Finn replied.


Katelyn paid no mind to his comment, “Ready? Set? Go!” She yelled, taking off running across the river.


Finn simply watched Katelyn’s mad dash through the water, noting how it barely came halfway up her shins at the deepest point. As to be expected, she reached the other side of the river first. After letting out a celebratory cheer, she turned around and calmly walked back. She did an exaggerated runway walk, giving her breasts a bit of a bounce as she strolled back towards Finn. 


“I won!” She declared.


“Fine, but I’m still better at chess,” Finn replied, swimming closer to her.


“I’m calling for a rematch when we get back,” Katelyn replied, sitting down in the river.


A three foot wave was created as she sat down, pushing Finn a few feet backwards. The water level reached a few feet past her navel as the river calmed again. Katelyn quickly laid down, letting the water wash over her entire body before sitting up straight. She flipped her now soaked hair back, sending a stream of water behind her. As Finn got closer, one of her hands appeared below him and lifted him up to eye level.


“Refreshing, huh? Come, have a seat.” 


She held her hand up to her shoulder, encouraging Finn to step on. As soon as his feet landed on her shoulder, he quickly realized that the water had made the surface incredibly slick. Katelyn repositioned herself a bit, completely unaware that Finn was losing his balance. Passing the point of no return, he reached out and tried to grab her hair to support himself, but it was out of reach. With a surprised yelp, he fell forwards.


Sliding down her slippery body, Finn found himself completely helpless. His unplanned slide came to a quick stop when his foot lodged itself in her bra. An instant later, his view was obscured by Katelyn’s palm smothering him as she reacted too late. Finn was pressed against her breast for a moment before her hand was removed.


“Oh no! I’m so sorry! Are you okay?” Katelyn asked, frantically leaning forward to look down at him.


“I’m fine. Just slipped, that’s all. Your skin is very, very slippery.” 


“I’ll be sure to get a ‘Slippery When Wet’ tattoo in the future,” She joked, “Although, that does give me an idea.” 


Katelyn’s leg breached the surface, sending waterfalls of water rushing down. It came to a stop a good ten feet above the river, gently sloping down until it disappeared underwater.


“Katelyn’s Water Park is now open!” She declared, setting Finn atop her knee.


Sitting down, Finn pushed himself off, quickly gaining speed as he slid down her leg. He landed in the water with a splash, quickly surfacing and turning around to look at Katelyn.


“That. Was. Awesome!” He cheered.


Katelyn smiled back and raised her knee higher, now about twenty feet above the water. Finn paddled over to her hand, where she lifted him up and onto her knee again.


“Your leg is so smooth! How do you shave?” He asked.


“A four foot wide razor, and very, very carefully,” She replied.


“Interesting. Sure does make for a fast slide!” 


Finn pushed off and slid down her leg again, noticing an increase in speed the second time around. The two of them kept at it, with Katelyn trying different variations in angle and height to create different slides. Eventually, Finn splashed down into the water like usual, but when Katelyn picked him up, she leaned forward, setting him between her shoulder blades. To him, it was the largest water slide he’d ever seen. He eagerly pushed off, sliding down her back and landing in the water. 


“That’s awesome! Easily the best water park I’ve ever been to!” Finn exclaimed, swimming around to her front.


“I’m glad at least one of us is enjoying how big I am,” Katelyn replied.


Holding her arm out, she carefully bent her hand to create a small ramp just a few feet above the water. As Finn was picked up with her other hand, he began to understand what she was planning. Stepping onto her shoulder, he was extra careful to keep his footing. He carefully walked to the edge of her shoulder, looking down at the newest slide.


“This one will be interesting. Hopefully it should give you some hang time,” She said. 


Finn carefully sat down and shoved off, sliding down her arm and gaining more and more speed. As he reached her hand, he felt himself get launched skyward, soaring at least ten feet above the water and landing with a huge splash. 

Surfacing, he turned to see he was at least twenty feet away from Katelyn’s hand. 


“Of all the things I’d never imagine doing in my life, this has to be the top of the list!” Finn shouted, swimming up to her stomach.


“I’m glad at least one of us is enjoying how big I am.” Katelyn replied with a smile


I bet going to the beach would be tons of fun!” 


“At my current size, I think I’ll pass. Too many people staring and taking pictures of me, especially in a bikini. You just know those pictures would be plastered all over social media for a week at least,” Katelyn said, lifting Finn from the water. 


“Yeah, I guess you’re right. That is something that would turn heads.” 


“I know it’s turning yours,” Katelyn said, cracking a sly smile.


“W-what? What do you mean?” Finn stammered.


“I’m just teasin’ you!” She replied, playfully bumping his shoulder with her huge finger before her expression turned serious, “Really. That was just teasing. I promise no bullying.” 


“Oh, no problem!” Finn said, waving off his nervousness, “It’s fine! I don’t mind a bit of teasing as long as it’s not cruel.” 


“Great! Now, ready for the high jump?” 


Katelyn held her palm out a good thirty feet above the water. Using her fingers as a diving board, Finn dove down into the river, surfacing and swimming towards her stomach. A loud noise suddenly got their attention. It was Katelyn’s stomach, growling like a freight train. Only a few feet away, Finn saw little vibrations in the water as her stomach seemed to only get angrier. Katelyn blushed, grabbing Finn and lifting him away from the noise.


“Sorry, guess I’m hungry. We probably should get back soon,” She explained, walking towards the riverbank where their clothes were.


Katelyn carefully set Finn down on the pillar where his clothes were. Next, she quickly threw her clothes back on, the water soaking through her shirt and making two circular spots on her chest. Finn quickly got dressed as well, wishing he’d brought a towel to dry himself off. Once they were both dressed, Katelyn carried him back to the airfield. 


“Hey, what’s the time?” She asked once they arrived.


“Half past one,” Finn replied, checking his phone.


“Really? Wow. Lost track of time at the river.” 


“That was super fun! If I had a swimsuit and a change of clothes, I probably would’ve enjoyed it more,” He motioned to the water soaking through his clothes.


“Yeah, it was pretty fun! Up for some chess before the food gets here?” 


“Absolutely! I would never pass up a chance to win!” Finn replied.


Katelyn set up the chess set on the runway, laying down to dry herself off in the sun. Finn’s clothes had mostly dried out from their time in the sun, but they were still a bit damp.


“What’s your type?” She asked, idly moving a piece on the board.


“My type? For what?” 


“Girls, duh.”


“I don’t have a type,” Finn said, moving a piece in response, “Check.” 


“Shit,” She muttered, moving her king, “Everyone has a type. Let’s start with hair. What color? Curly or straight? What length?” 


“I guess…blondes,” Finn admitted.


“Blondes. Not bad,” Katelyn mused, twirling a lock of her blonde hair between her fingers, “What about the length or curls?” 


“Well, I like straight hair. And I don’t care how long it is.” 


“Okay. How about height? How tall is your dream girl” 


“Uh…” Finn trailed off, looking down at his feet, “T-Tall.” 


“Tall? How tall?” 


Finn forced himself to look Katelyn in her huge, green eyes, “T-Taller than me. Like, six feet at least.” 


“Six feet at least,” Katelyn mused, biting her lip thoughtfully, “And you’re what, five foot five? A girl over six feet would…tower over you, wouldn’t she?” 


Katelyn leaned forwards, casting Finn into the shadow created by her head. Her hair draped down on either side like huge blonde curtains. He gulped nervously, feeling just how small he was, or rather how big she was. 


“Imagine if she was six and a half feet! Oh, you’d probably struggle to reach her chin on your tippy toes!” 


“Y-Yeah, I would,” Finn said softly, staring into Katelyn’s eyes.


“Well, I’m afraid I don’t know many girls who fit that description,” Katelyn replied, returning to her normal position, “But this dream girl of yours sounds quite interesting.” 


Finn suddenly snapped out of his trance to realize he was rock hard. Cursing to himself and wondering if Katelyn had managed to see it, he adjusted his pants as subtly as he could and shook out any dirty thoughts from his mind.


“Uh, do you…have a type? Favorite type of guy?” He asked, trying to keep the conversation away from him.


“Of course I do. He needs to be six feet tall, make six figures, have the body of a Greek god…” Katelyn cracked a smile, “I’m just joking. But for real, I like a guy who is fit. He doesn’t have to be ripped, just in shape. As for hair, well, I just love brown hair,” She reached her finger out to playfully mess up Finn’s hair, “And for height, actually, I have two preferences. Either taller than me by a few inches, or shorter than me by a few inches. Whichever it is, I want there to be a noticeable difference in height between us.” 


“Well,” Finn said, fixing his hair, “Given your current size, I’d say you’re guaranteed a noticeable height difference.” 


Katelyn exhaled loudly through her nose, “You’re right about that! I guess finding a guy taller than me is out of the question, though. I’ll have to settle for one who’s shorter. That is, assuming I can find a guy who’d be okay with dating me.” 


“I’m sure you’ll find someone,” Finn assured her.


Deep down, Finn had an odd feeling. It sounded almost like Katelyn was flirting with him during the conversation, but not quite that. It reminded him a little about her bullying, but it wasn’t that either. Even if she was into him, which he doubted, the feeling wasn’t mutual. He couldn’t let himself fall for the girl who’d tortured him throughout high school, just because she’d had a change of heart. But…what was this feeling creeping its way into the back of his mind? Why did the thought of them dating not completely appal him? Whatever, it’s not like Katelyn did have feelings for him anyway. All of the name calling and teasing about his looks made it abundantly clear that she wasn’t into him. 


Finn glanced up at Katelyn and saw she was staring back, with a look he couldn’t quite pinpoint. It was a sly smile, but not one of mischief. She looked like she was planning something, but not something in the way he’d seen her do when she was about to pull a mean prank. Noticing his gaze, she gave him a wink, only serving to confuse him more. Was it a joking wink? A teasing wink? A loving wink? Whatever it was, he would not let it get to him. 


“Checkmate!” Katelyn declared, moving the final piece into position, “Finally! Katelyn wins!” 


Finn looked at the board in disbelief, realizing he’d left himself open and she’d taken advantage of it. All of that thinking about Katelyn had distracted him. 


“Well, congratulations! Guess you finally beat me!” He said, admittedly impressed.


Katelyn jumped to her feet and began to do a celebratory dance, pumping her arms into the air and spinning around. She suddenly jumped into the air, at least forty feet up, before her huge feet came crashing back down onto the tarmac. The incredible force from her jump caused her feet to crack the runway as she broke through the pavement. The ensuing earthquake knocked Finn to the ground. Over a hundred feet away, his car’s alarm was triggered by the noise of Katelyn’s celebration. 


Meanwhile, Katelyn froze in place like a deer in headlights. She cautiously looked down, lifting a foot to see the crater created from her jump. Carefully putting her foot down away from the hole, she stepped to the side and crouched down. Everything went dark around Finn as the sun was blocked out by her body.


“Finn! Are you okay? I’m sorry, I didn’t know that would happen!” She said, brushing away the hair in her face.


“I’m fine. It was just a fall,” He groaned, reaching for his keys to shut off the car alarm.


Before he could stand back up, Katelyn’s hands were over him, gently picking him up and cradling him as she sat down.


“I’m fine, really. See?” Finn said, standing up to show he was unharmed.


From his new vantage point, he could see the enormous footprints made by Katelyn’s jump. They were perfect outlines of her feet, toes and all. Katelyn forced out an embarrassed laugh.


“Good thing this airfield is abandoned, huh? No planes coming in to land,” She nervously cast a skyward glance, checking to see if a plane was about to magically appear.


“Well, now we know what happens when you jump.” 


“Note to self: Don’t jump unless absolutely necessary. I should also probably refrain from any excessive dancing or celebrations.” 


“Yeah, probably for the best,” Finn admitted.


“Guess I forgot my own strength. Wanna play another round of chess? Minus the earthquake if I win.” 


As they set up the pieces for their next game, the familiar honking of trucks came from the airfield entrance. Katelyn stood back up and walked over to the side of the hangar where the water barrels were located before sitting down. Finn was left to jog over there himself, arriving just as the trucks pulled up. There were five, just like the day before. What was different was the large dump truck with a black tarp covering the contents instead of a tanker. 


Katelyn patiently waited for the restraining belts of huge food bars to be removed, lifting the first of the four up into the air and shoving it into her mouth. Her huge teeth tore into the food, ripping off a considerable chunk easily larger than Finn’s body. She slowly chewed before swallowing, looking down at Finn once she was done.


“Doctor Hopkins told me to slow down when I eat. She doesn’t want me to choke or anything, because it’s not exactly like anyone can do the Heimlich maneuver on me.” She explained.


“She’s got a point,” Finn agreed.


Katelyn took another bite from the bar, washing it down with a barrel of water. As she finished off the first bar, the dump truck driver unhitched his trailer and removed the tarp. Finn still couldn’t see what it was, but had a feeling it was something else scaled up to suit Katelyn’s appetite. She effortlessly lifted up the second food bar and bit another huge portion off.


“Want any?” She offered, casually lowering the bitten end down to Finn.


He looked at the enormous bite mark. It was like a T-Rex, or possibly a megalodon, took a chunk out of the school bus-sized bar of food, “Uh…I’ll pass. Not hungry,” He lied. 


“You sure?”


“Yeah, I’m good.”


Katelyn shrugged before taking another bite out of the bar. Finn hadn’t thought about hunger until he saw Katelyn eating. It had been a few hours since he’d had breakfast and his stomach was now making that known. Katelyn gulped down another barrel of water and set it overturned near him. Next, she picked off a small corner of the bar she was eating and carefully dropped it on the barrel. 


“Here, just have a few bites,” She said, pointing to the crumb as she finished off the second food bar.


Finn walked over and saw the crumb in question was easily the size of a football. He carefully broke off a handful, raising it up to his mouth and smelling it. It didn’t really smell like anything. He carefully took a bite and let the flavors set into his tongue. It tasted like a normal energy bar. There was some sweetness, some saltiness, a hint of peanut butter, and a few other flavors he couldn’t quite distinguish. It was pretty sticky, seemingly held together with honey or something else to allow it to keep its shape. Once he’d eaten enough to satisfy his hunger, he stepped away and realized his hands were absolutely coated in the sticky residue.


“Got any water?” He asked Katelyn.


Katelyn took a break from her third food bar to grab another barrel of water, popping open the lid and lowering it down for Finn. He dipped his hands in to wash them off, as well as scoop a few handfuls into his mouth to drink. Once he was done, Katelyn lifted the barrel away and drank the rest of the water, crumpling the metal container in her fist and discarding it. 


“So, what’s in that one over there?” Finn asked, pointing to the dump truck trailer.


“Oh, it’s salad!” She replied, picking up the trailer and tilting it slightly to show it filled to the brim with lettuce heads, full carrots, tomatoes, and cucumbers.


Katelyn lifted up the trailer to her mouth and dumped the salad into her mouth. After a few bites, she set the empty trailer down and wiped her mouth before continuing with the other food bars. She’d just started the final one when the trucks left. She waved goodbye and gave a muffled ‘thank you’ with her mouth full, abandoning her initial plan to pace herself. Soon, it was just her and Finn alone again. 


“Can you do me a favor? There’s some food stuck between my teeth and I can’t get it out. Inside the hangar, there should be a pallet with fence posts. They’re about six feet long and have a pointy end. Grab one of those and bring it out,” Katelyn said, “Unless you feel like climbing inside and getting it out yourself,” She added playfully.


“Giant toothpick, coming right up!” Finn replied, jogging inside the hangar.


The pallet of fence posts was easy to find, as was lifting up one of the wooden beams and carrying it out to Katelyn, who was licking her fingers clean from her lunch. She delicately lifted the fence post like it was nothing and went to work picking the leftovers from her teeth. Once she’d dislodged whatever was bothering her, she flicked the used toothpick away, sending it at least three hundred feet away and into the trees. 


“That was good. Salad days are always a nice change of pace. Something that is actually made fresh, you know? If only I had a few barrels of ranch to go along with it. Ah well, can’t have everything,” She shrugged, tugging at the bottom of her shirt, “I’m still a bit damp from the river. I think I’ll lay down and let my underwear dry out.” 


Not waiting for an answer, Katelyn stripped down to her underwear again, prompting Finn to turn away and focus on the forest while she did so. Once she was done, she laid down on her back, spreading her arms out to soak in the sun. 


“Aren’t you worried about tan lines? Or sunburn?” Finn asked, walking up to her ear.


“No, I won’t be out in the sun for too long. Besides, tan lines mean nothing to me now, considering how huge I am.” 


“I guess I could go for an hour in the sun,” He said, glancing at his watch. 


Finn took off his shirt and laid down on the hot tarmac beside her head. He didn’t stay there long, however. Katelyn turned her head to glance at him and soon after, her hand hovered over him like a crane. He was picked up by two fingers and let down on her stomach. It was like a soft, flat field to him. A few dozen feet away, he could see her breasts rising up like hills.


“Trust me, this spot is much softer.” 


Finn laid down on his stomach, letting himself sink into her soft skin. Her body was warm, practically radiating heat. He rubbed his face against her perfect skin before rolling onto his back and spreading his arms and legs out.


“What’s sleeping like?” He asked.


The ground below him moved as Katelyn sat up, “It’s alright. Certainly not a king-sized mattress, the hangar floor is all smooth concrete. And I have a few dozen blankets to cover up where I’m cold.” 


“And what about a pillow?” 


“None. Some of the warmer nights I sleep outside, in the grass where it’s softer.”


The two of them laid in silence for a few minutes, taking in the sun. The ground beneath Finn shifted again as Katelyn sat up once again.  She carefully lifted Finn up so she could roll onto her stomach, dropping him on her bare back.


“I got this itch I can’t reach. Right between my shoulder blades,” She motioned to the spot on her back, “I’d love it if you gave it a good scratching.” 


Finn shrugged, deciding he might as well help out. Standing up, he carefully walked to where she was pointing before kneeling down. Taking a deep breath, he pushed his fingernails into her skin and began to scratch.


Katelyn let out a questionable moan, “Oh yeah! That’s the spot! Up and to the right! Ah! There it is!” 


Finn scratched harder, knowing Katelyn wasn’t going to be hurt by his actions. Meanwhile, Katelyn continued to moan and gasp in relief. Finn could only imagine what it must sound like to someone without any context.


“That felt amazing! There’s another spot I’d really appreciate you taking care of,” She said, unhooking the clasp of her bra and pointing to a spot previously covered up.


“Can’t you get that spot yourself?” Finn asked, walking over. 


“Yeah, but you did such a good job with the first spot. I’ll reward you, I promise.” 


As he went to work on her itch, Finn wondered what exactly his reward would entail. He scratched a particular spot, causing Katelyn suddenly arch her back and moan. He barely managed to stay in place, cautiously continuing after she calmed down again. 


“I should hire you as my personal back scratcher. Up a bit. Oh yeah, that’s the stuff,” Katelyn mused, loudly sighing.


It suddenly occurred to Finn that if Katelyn were to stand up right now, she had nothing keeping her bra in place. Part of him hoped she’d forget, allowing him to see just what was hiding behind that fabric. Glancing back towards her butt, he imagined what it would feel like to slide beneath those panties, pulling the fabric over him like it was a bedsheet. 


Finn glanced down and realized he was getting turned on. He momentarily froze, hoping Katelyn wouldn’t turn around and get the wrong idea. Unfortunately, his pause did not go unnoticed.


“Why’d you stop? Everything okay back there?” She asked, turning to look at him through the corner of her eye.


“Everything’s good!” He replied quickly, scratching her back again.


“If you say so,” She shrugged, laying back down, “Anyway, about school tomorrow.” 


“What about it?” 


“Do you wanna…I don’t know, hang out beforehand? I’d hate for things to continue the way they were, with you afraid of me. Maybe we can be like friends?” 


Friends. That word sounded alien in the context of Katelyn. It still didn’t seem right, being friends with the girl who’d made his school life a nightmare. But the last two days had all but confirmed that she’d changed for the better. 


“Sure!” 


“Wait. Seriously? You really want to hang out tomorrow before school?” She asked in a serious tone.


“Yeah, why not?”


“To be completely honest, I’m shocked you actually said yes. I thought you would prefer we just went our separate ways on neutral terms after today. Don’t do this because you’re worried what I’ll think.”


“I know, and this is what I choose,” Finn replied. 


Katelyn reached back to reattach her bra before picking Finn up and rolling over again. As she held him in her hands, Finn could see tears running down her cheeks. 


“Thank you, Finn. I…I don’t deserve your kindness. I’ve been just such an asshole towards you and I know I’ll never truly make it up to you and…and…” Katelyn tried to hold back, but the floodgates opened anyway.


She clutched Finn against her chest in a tight hug as she began to bawl and sob uncontrollably. Finn could only watch and listen, shocked to see Katelyn completely break down as he was smothered by her. If he thought her shedding tears when she first apologized was strange, he had no words for what was happening now. He’d always thought of Katelyn as a soulless monster who couldn’t show remorse, now she was reduced to a ball of emotions. There was nothing he could do but let her cry it out, seeing that was what she needed the most right now. 


And so, for the next few minutes, Finn silently allowed Katelyn to cry. She finally managed to calm herself down enough so she could recompose herself, still letting out the occasional sniffle or tear. Realizing that she was pressing Finn against her chest, she released him, allowing his lungs to fully expand again. Katelyn set him carefully on the tarmac, taking a deep breath. 


“I’m sorry. That was embarrassing,” She apologized.


“Don’t be sorry, Katelyn. Knowing that things between us are different now is all I need to move forward.” 


“Thank you,” Katelyn smiled, nearly breaking down into more tears, “You should probably head home now. Before I keep you hostage to my breakdown again.” 


Finn smiled, “Okay. Goodbye, Katelyn! See you tomorrow!” 


“Bye, Finn!” 


Katelyn waved all the way until she disappeared behind the trees as Finn left and began the drive home. The last three hours of his life had been chaotic, that was for sure. They’d gone from playing in the river to some sort of sexual tension to Katelyn having an emotional breakdown in a pretty short time span. She’d changed from the girl who used to trip him in the hallway or throw paper airplanes at him during class. She’d changed in more ways than she herself likely knew. 


That night, Finn crawled into bed and realized that for the first time since gigantic Katelyn had returned to school, he wasn’t afraid of the morning. There wouldn’t be an ambush, he didn’t need to strategize his escape back to his car, he was okay. In fact, he was almost excited to see her bright and early. Smiling to himself, he closed his eyes and drifted off into a peaceful sleep.


Chapter End Notes:

Sorry for taking slightly longer than expected. Next chapter will have some action in it.