- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A week roughly since the last chapter. I'll save my own personal complaints/criticisms till the end of this whole conflict. Regardless, Hope everyone Enjoys! 

Warning: This chapter will feature a range of fetish content, one scene will contain some mild nose stuff.

“Milady, we have some urgent news!” A voice yelled, not quite in distress but one still possessed by worry. 


“Yes?” Ana questioned, Having her thoughts interrupted.

“Captain Lez and the rest of platoon 1 have arrived, they request you speak with them at once!” The lady voiced, making sure to get the urgency conveyed properly. 


“Come on, honey. A platoon has arrived back.” She sweeped Leon up from the armchair rest she was seated atop of. Leon himself was on the sides of the armchair, right next to her left hand. Ana’s right hand was gripping a weapon tightly. It was the sledgehammer type that Leon inspected earlier, the same one with a jewel of sorts lodged into it. The human didn’t pay it any further attention, but clearly it was something important. Ana herself didn’t explain its origins or significance either which had Leon slightly worried. 


As Ana walked outside the tent she and the rest of the generals were lodged in, she found the figure of a dark haired woman standing before her. With bangs that were just slightly too long so the woman kept brushing them aside. She seemed annoyed about the fact but quickly adjusted herself when Ana came into the picture.


“M’lady,” Lez was taken aback by what Ana was holding in her right hand, it was easily half the size of her. A legendary weapon that Jade had crafted by the dwarves in the olden days. Every warrior giantess had heard of it, but it was reserved only for the queen to use. The design was a long handle that went from Ana’s toes to her waist, where above that rested a massive mass of steel that was forged with the expert craftsmanship of the dwarves.  It had a large surface area on each side, it was definitely a weapon for crushing. That was what it was rumoured to do after all. The jewel encased into the centre of its hilt was a jade. A gemstone that wasn’t too common, but it was said to harness the power of magic and collect it from its sources. Word was that any human hit with this weapon would have their enchantments deactivated. Making them easy prey. Hara-Hira was its name. It wasn’t derived from any nearby native tongue in Ranate, in fact it was a rather odd choice of a name. However, it was what it was called. A name that often pertained to the idea of a ‘green diamond’.


 Though Lez found it hard to think about what she’d just seen on the field yesterday. She thought that perhaps it would only be effective on low level enchantments. “Apologies for the delay, and for our retreat so quickly. We had an unforeseen threat in the northern regions.” She paused briefly. “These humans seem to know a lot more, we’ve taken them as war prisoners for the time being… But I’ve promised their safety and well being.” She added on. 


In her heart of hearts, Lez didn’t want to be seen as a tyrant. After the shameful and downright cruel display of what she’d done to them. This was the least she could do. Which was to promise their safety. The humans who she had plunked out of her panties 20 to 30 minutes earlier all looked back at her with glee. While it wasn’t anything to even begin to forgive her. They were surprised. Initially they were reluctant to go with Lez, defiant even. The current scenario was a welcome surprise. 


Lez Zelmer could only smile back at them, hiding her shame but still highlighting the good character she possessed. 


“Well, little humans. I’m sorry for any harm we’ve done to your side. But-” Ana had to be tough. A little cruel even. Lez promised their safety, however that didn’t mean they’d do it for free or not do it at all. “We need intel. Neither side here wants to continue our bloodshed. Many of my giantesses are injured, some of the humans we’re using have also been killed or are completely missing in action. There’s reports that as of now, there’s a hectic battle being fought in the second platoon. Maybe some giantesses there have been killed too.” Ana paused. She wanted to make it clear that this was a tragedy that was occuring. “Yes, we are the invaders today but we didn’t want this war. No sane person did. If you help us, not only will we promise your safety but we promise that after the war is won we can return you to your lands… Or even access to our own. What do you say?” 



There was a moment of silence. No, actually it may be better to call it a moment of contemplation. The human’s in Lez’s palm all stared at each other without uttering a word. How long would this awkward interaction last? Not for long, all due to one man speaking up. 


“If you don’t want to take my wife’s word for it. I can also promise you all that no one here will be harmed. We don’t want to fight for no reason. A peace treaty between our lands would go a long way.” Leon spoke up, seemingly acting in his role for the first time since the war had started. He’d actually been sidelined quite a bit as of recent due to not having a place to do anything of worth. However, that wasn’t always the case nor was it going to be the case any longer. Now that Marvialasian prisoners were being taken in, he had a role. A position he could step into with ease due to his own unique experiences. 


Ana chuckled slightly, even though she had forgotten the significance of Leon here. While she wasn’t a fan of him talking over her points, she knew why he was doing it. Her line of thinking sounded so much more convincing coming from a human. So, she let him continue speaking from atop her shoulder. 


“Marvialasia is uh, well it’s one hell of a place. I can tell there’s a thriving culture there with its own history and significance… However, many people also suffer there too. The rhetoric of hating Ranate’s people is spat at you all every day, at every waking hour. I’ve seen it first hand. Doesn’t it get tiring? Do you all really hate the fine ladies of this country?” He asked. He wanted to make sure of one thing. From a glance it was obvious the soldiers weren’t of high rank, they certainly did not reach the conclusion of annexing Ranate from themselves. No, it was fed to them. Leon was sure of that fact. He just needed confirmation. “Or… Do you all think like this because it’s all you’ve ever known?” 


He thought back to his own experiences in Vascar. Of what life was like for him. When he was sentenced to exile into Ranate, what did he think of the giantesses? He also was scared, he also was worried, he also didn’t know what to think. The fear mongering of Vascar had him stuck to his place. Like a dog chained to its collar and a pole, forever frozen in place. He would have continued to work for Vascar like that till the day he died if he didn’t meet Ana. The love and light of his life. 


A similar line of thinking existed for the dwarf too. He also had his preconceived ideas about Ranate and the giantesses. This way of thinking wasn’t uncommon. Leon’s experiences had made sure of that fact. 


So, his approach was one bred from empathy. From a collective experience of what all fearful human’s had thought of. From the roots planted out into their minds, he wanted to pull them out properly and give them the chance to think for themselves. 


It was the purpose Leon Darlington-Bliss had found himself having. 


“...Please. The prince forces us to fight. I-If he knew we told you anything.” A human finally spoke. 


However Ana bent down slightly, only slightly and reassured him. “We’ll remove him from his throne. Marvialasia can’t progress any further with a relic like him in charge.” 


“Is our prince going to be replaced?” The idea hadn’t even gotten to their minds. Leon could hardly believe it, just how imprinted was his image? The prince seemed to live as some sort of deity, he knew because he was in Marvialasia briefly. However, that brief experience couldn’t convey the lifetime's worth of manipulation to him. 


Leon, even with his newfound experience and confidence, found it difficult to answer that. What would these people do with such a person gone? What would Marvialasia be like? Could Leon take responsibility for altering the governmental body on such a large scale like this? 


He found it difficult to speak. Ana was watching him, so she could tell too. Her husband had done nicely so far, but some things were out of his depth for the time being. Alas, she was proud of him for how far he had come along since they’d first met. 


“There’s a lot of changes that will happen to Marvialasia soon. However, I promise you as queen I don’t want to alter your land’s beliefs too much. Simply put, we only want you all to be accepting of other intelligent creatures. Like us…” Ana was patient with them. Her kindness extended to depths only possible because she was who she was. 


Again, she was who she was. There was no changing that. Afterall, it brought results. 


“Well. We were only clued on to this last minute but…” The human had cracked. Willing to reveal classified information, he asserted his voice. “ Someone from the west… the prince hired a guy from the west who was a mercenary. He boasted about his prowess in killing giantesses. He had the power to back it up too.” 


Lez immediately, rudely even, interrupted. “ Was that why the tide of battle shifted so significantly?” She thought back to the conflict she had with this group. How originally the giantesses of platoon 1 were losing. It wasn’t sustainable by any means, far from it. They were going to retreat. It wasn’t until Lez analysed the situation further and found that the human side began retreating. 


“The man, he claimed to be a giant slayer candidate. Someone proficient in killing giantesses but lacking in experience. He was boasting about his abilities and their effectiveness… And yes, uh, lady. He was why we began our retreat. Specifically, he sensed a bigger threat down south and began moving there. Once he was gone, we were helpless. We began to flee before…” He kept the last couple words silent, Lez instantly knew why as what occurred between them was something both parties wanted to keep private. 


Ana was capable of filling in the gaps, so she did. 


“Which is when you were captured by Lez here.” The queen articulated. 


“...Yes.” 


The confirmation of information was nice. Splendid even. Ana had a feeling something was off. It appeared that Marvialasia had an ace left up their sleeve. One that no one but the prince and the correctly designed soldiers knew about. However, that feeling of unease remained. What exactly was the plan now?


‘Giant slayer? Candidate? I’m not familiar with these things… If I’m not then I doubt anyone else from Ranate is either.’ Ana, as part of her duty possessed a vast array of knowledge on Ranate’s history. She had often read many texts from the library over and over again till they were memorised. Along with this were books and tales about neighbouring lands and cultures. So, of course when Ana wasn’t familiar with the context of the terms ‘giant slayer’ it was something of concern. ‘The old libraries of our land were burned down by Jade at one point, but regardless, most of the texts were retrieved. Some forever lost to time. Could this be from such a case?’ Ana wondered. She couldn’t rule out the possibility. 

In reality, she was quite far off. If such details about an organisation existed from way back then but were burned off and lost. Surely by now someone would have heard about the term ‘giant slayer candidate’. Alas, it remained foreign. 


This was either a group of people, or an organisation or something that originated from a land Ranate had no prior business with. Perhaps even a new group of people. However, it didn’t answer Ana’s concerns. ‘Why giant slayer? Why did they make us the enemy?’ 


That was an idea that she pondered in thought. However, couldn’t do anything about. The more pressing matter was that a potentially devastating enemy was headed towards the 2nd platoon. There was a likelihood that they were already there…


“Captain Lez.” Ana’s tone of voice shifted. “I’ve got a bad feeling. The guards behind me will take care of the humans.” She shifted her body and bent down slightly. “For the information you’ve provided, I will ensure your safety. I would still like more from you all but for the time being you’ll be in good hands.” She reassured. 


“ A bad feeling?” Lez repeated, it wasn’t that she didn’t hear her. She simply wanted Ana to elaborate further. 


“Yes, head towards the second platoon at once! Take reinforcements too.” 


‘Well damn, there goes my hopes of leaving early.’ Lez obliged. Putting her own individual thoughts to rest. 



– – –


“Kiss them.” Rashtahl demanded to the poor man at her feet. She had removed them from the sweaty containers known as her shoes and laid them bare on the ground. 


The lust she had knowing that the soldier in front of her was powerless against her every action was a surge that went straight to her loins. She looked down to her victim in anticipation. Having stripped him from his own agency, she forced him to make a choice. 


He was stunned. Too scared to cry, too scared to run, too scared to utter a sound. Did he even hear what Rashtahl said? The fact she had to question that irritated her. She shifted her foot slightly and moved it forward right in front of him. As if taunting it. 


The human though, had witnessed his comrades smashed underneath the very same foot. Their joyous forms instantly rendered into stains of blood beneath it. In one moment they were all fleeing together only for a sudden thud to occur. Sending the lone survivor flying forward on his back. By the time get got up, his comrades were nowhere to be found. It was obvious where they were. Certainly not alive. 


That too was going to be his fate if he didn’t buckle and kneel to accept her offer. He crawled forward, painstakingly so. Slowly, one hand forward followed by dragging his legs behind. Finally, as he arrived at the goal he could only look up in-


**Splat**


Rashtahl got her other foot and smashed it down on him. Rendering him nothing more than a petty toy for amusement, one the giantess was bored of. She no longer desired to play with him. It wasn’t like she herself had a choice there. Sparing any enemies may come to bite her down later. It was better she nipped the problem in the bud. 


“A pity. He was rather obedient too.” She mocked. As she soon forgot about her prey, Rashtahl looked back at the war torn battlefield. A rather one sided fight had occurred where the giantesses ravaged the humans. Unspeakable acts of horror occurred here, things everyone knew had to stay between them or else they would suffer the consequences from Ana. “How’s the scout doing?”


Lavial who was standing a little bit away walked towards her. She made an audible gulp sound. One that marked the end for anything caught up in it. She had just swallowed someone. 


“He’s doing fine. I got the last 2 humans.”


**Blegh**


She roared, as a ferocious burst of gas exploded out of her mouth. 


“Seems like the last batch have been digested.” Rashtahl said. Rather nonchalantly. An action that caused Lavial to smack her own stomach as she chuckled. 


“Shhh, cutie. If you listen too closely you might still be able to hear them.” She whispered as she looked down to her chest, to her cleavage where the human scout was now stuck in place. She warned him against listening, but he chose to do so anyway. It was natural curiosity, a human instinct even. “Look, don’t worry about all that. When the war is over, all you have to do is look pretty on our dinner date, ‘Kay?”


Rashtahl sighed once more. Though this time, she was more than certain most of the enemy had been killed. Flattened and reduced to nothing more than the landscape itself. She didn’t have it in her to worry too deeply. Over time, the intensity of the soldiers did increase. So did their magical proficiency. However, even at that best they only managed to injure some of the giantess troops. It was far from being anything that justified worry. Still, Rashtahl maintained the bare minimum level of caution. 


“Still seducing the little man?” Rashtahl was tired of Lavial’s antics.


“Hey, do you know how hard it is for military gals like us to get tiny lovers?!” Lavial shouted in a playful tone. “If I can get one, I’ll get one. The rest of these pathetic humans I couldn’t care less for though.” Was that true, what Lavial just said? No one but herself knew the answer.


“You did always go on and on about wanting a wedding. I guess this makes sense…”  The commander of the third platoon could hardly believe herself, she too was having a casual conversation right now. The influence of Ana was felt even by the top platoon leaders of the country, where her wedding had encouraged hundreds more to be happening within Ranate soil. “What’s his name anyway?”


The human stuck between the gluttonous mounds of flesh that seemed to consume him finally took action. He desperately tried to free himself once more, as if forgetting the harsh lesson he had just learnt earlier. The last thing he wanted to do was upset Rashtahl, the platoon commander. Alas, he couldn’t. Lavial merely chuckled at his vain attempts. 


“His name is Jahar Basri, he-” Lavial wanted to continue but paused mid sentence as she looked at Rashtahl’s face. 


“Jah-ar?”


“No, he said it’s pronounced Jhae-har.” Lavial corrected but Rashtahl remained confused. It wasn’t a normal name she was used to hearing. 


“Whatever. I didn’t know you already were this well acquainted with him.” 


“Well. It’s been over a day since this whole thing started. I guess that isn’t that long of a conflict, but when he’s stuck to my titties we end up spending some time together!” Lavial stuck her tongue out at Rashtahl, her calm and collected attitude had mixed with her feelings of playfulness. The commander could only chuckle back dryly. “His family is originally from the far east, it seems they wanted to move to the west from way back but some oldie had captured them all to stay in Ranate. Dunno if I should be thanking or cursing that ancestor of ours right now though.” She spoke with great care as she cradled her bosom. Putting her arms underneath it, stopping the constant swaying of her jugular mounds. 


“...”


“It must have been pretty scary for your ancestors right? Imagine turning across the provinces and running into people 30 times your size!” Lavial let out in a laugh with her whole body. She wasn’t sure why she was laughing so hard, nothing really funny was going on but she felt oddly comfortable with Jahar. Part of it may be due to the trapped human feeling fear of her but not a fear of death. The mood between the two was far from equal but rather a teasing atmosphere. Lavial liked it like this. In fact, she wouldn’t settle for anything else right now. She wouldn’t settle for anyone else. Rashtahl recognised this, as she walked towards Lavial’s cleavage and bent down slightly. Wanting to talk to the trapped human.


Jah-ar, little mite. Listen, this may be a little horrific for you but let Lavial enjoy herself. If you two become an item, she’ll probably give up eating humans and other things.” Her tone of voice was somewhat serious. 


“Well… maybe. It’ll depend. I’ll tone it down.” Lavial, with a slight blush voiced as she looked away. “I won’t stop completely. I’m sorry. You’re okay with that right?” 


The two giantesses were staring right at Lavial’s cleavage for an answer. For Jahar, the man of the hour to say something. Alas, nothing. For of course he was still sealed between the meaty boobs of Lavial. It was a scenario that made the two giantesses cackle fiercely. 


“Scream if you’re okay with it!” Lavial teased, half jokingly. 


“MMMPHHHGH!” A muffled sound, barely audible but there nonetheless came out. It was extremely ticklish, but more so than that it felt incredible for Lavial. His screeches of anguish were little vibrations that felt delightful. 


“... Really?” She asked, her voice panting as she spoke. She felt a tinge of guilt at how nonchalant and unserious her answer was for changing whereas Jahar was ready to accept her for who she was while drowning in titty flesh. Perhaps, that was the small fire she needed to ponder the question. Of whether her attitude should slightly change?


Regardless, that was food for thought. She archived her feelings for now. Giving herself not even the barebones level of thinking or empathy to the Marvialasian soldiers that she’d fight today. For Lavial, this was a day to unload and enjoy. Afterwards, her life would take a turn. One with the human scout she met earlier. As the question pondered on whether Lavial would spin the wheel to change her attitude and belief, a sudden message seemingly materialised out of left field. 


“Commander! Commander!” A voice shouted. “We have word from Home Base, half of these troops here are to assist platoon 2 immediately. Preferably led by the commander!” A giantess who had appeared suddenly shouted. She was from platoon 1, a foot solider but was being used like a scout for the time being. Why was this? Rashtahl didn’t give much time to ponder. She obeyed the command. 


“Lavial, you and half of the platoon are to guard this area. The rest of us will be going ahead.”


Rashtahl ordered, not suggested but ordered. She judged from the tone of voice of the messenger that whatever was going to happen was important. She’d hear her along the way as they marched northward to platoon 2. 


“Aye, Ma’am.” Lavial replied, she wasn’t the type to utilise such formal language but put that aside for now. She was just glad the messenger who had just arrived didn’t see their platoon massacre the Marvialasian troops just moments prior. 


Lavial watched as her friend disappeared into the distance. 


– – – 


“It’s been 2 hours since Rashtahl’s group left… I’m so bored.” She sighed. Lavial was under-stimulated, her platoon ended up versing the least experienced platoon or group of Marvialasia it seemed like. After all, they had destroyed the Marvialasian enemies with ease, hardly even breaking a sweat.


“W-what do you think’s happening at platoon 2?” Jahar questioned. Lavial, out of the kindness of her heart, had freed him slightly. Having his face stick out from his sweat drenched confines. His body, arms and legs were bound in place. He could speak but that was all. 


“Dunno, couldn’t care less. I bet Rashtahl’s having fun though. Good for her.” She voiced, with a hint of jealousy. A tinge of frustration perhaps too. “She’s probably crushing loads of humans. Turning them into her toys, playing with them as she breaks their souls. I’d love to give them a turn with these.” She held up her breasts with her arms once again, threatening to drop them down. The buoyant and bouncing prison of Jahar was really a weapon of mass destruction against human enemies. He didn’t want to imagine what Lavial was capable of doing with her boobs. Her titty bulldozer could flatten the livelihoods of many, turning their physical forms into just stains. Something to be forgotten to time. “Lucky for you, Jahar. You’ll be safe! I hear you have plenty of standard enchantments so even If I were to let loose on some poor helpless soldiers, it's not like I’d be hurting you.” 


It was clear to Jahar that Lavial had no intention of freeing him. Far from it, this was his home now. His place of comfort. Lavial had claimed him, marked him as her property with her sweat and warmth. The comfort she hoped to provide was laced with a sense of strict obedience, a feeling of dominance she exuded over the human.


“You don’t need to do this…” Jahar protested. However he couldn’t control Lavial’s body. He was without a shadow of a doubt attracted to her form, but he also found her beliefs somewhat harmful. While sure they were limited to the enemy, he could easily envision himself in the Marvialasian’s shoes. 


“... I figured It’d be too much for you to handle. It’s traumatising isn’t it? The way they go crunch when their bodies break.” She paused. “I won’t force you to watch. But you aren’t leaving either. In you go sweetie.” She pushed him with the tip of her index finger deeper into the depths of her cleavage. His voice began to protest but was ultimately cut off against her whims. She was just that powerful. Just that all encompassing. 


Lavial stepped forward, now departing from the rest of her fellow soldiers. She wanted to have a look around, to search for any scurrying humans from the earlier attack. While it was true that Rashtahl and herself had killed off almost every last one, the chance of completely eradicating a pest was unlikely. She was sure there would be one or two somewhere, hiding on a tree or inside one or something somewhere. 


Not wanting to deal with Jahar’s nagging, she had him tucked away safely. Far from any danger but also far from convincing her otherwise. This was a war, to Lavial that meant she could enjoy herself today. Maybe not in the future if she wedded Jahar, especially with how the country was turning as of recent. No, if she wanted to let loose. It had to be now. This was the perfect opportunity. 


She went on all fours. Now a decent bit away from her peers, she was living in the moment. She was having fun. Her own voice reflected this. 


“Come out. Come out, wherever you are…” She grinned as she spoke, completely unaware of the humans right behind her. They were hidden inside a hollow dead tree, an old one. It was perfect ground to escape from the giantesses if they were marching about. But now? Even that was unlikely. 


Lavial was searching for survivors. She’d find them soon enough. She’d hunt them down. Her ears were on full alert, like a predator searching for prey. All of her senses lusted for humans. They growled in hunger for humans. Lavial needed humans, she needed more toys to satiate herself. Having been kept away from the brunt of the battlefield, the giantess longed for entertainment. 


“I say we run!” A lone voice whispered. 


“Shh! You’ll get us caught.” Another replied, in full alert. 


“ She can’t hear us. They have strong ears but they're not that strong either.” A third voice added on. 

“If she finds us… Who knows what’ll happen. If we run, we might make it.” 


“ If she finds us while escaping?” The more cautious voice asked. She pointed at her ass, the picturesque view in front of them that was the size of a whole field of nature itself. “We’ll be added to that thing.” She alluded to the idea of being eaten. Of becoming one with the giantess. It was an idea that terrified all prey. Humans were no exception. 


“If she finds us here, it’ll have the same effect.” 


“I don’t wanna die. If you’re so eager to try this, go ahead. Do it without attracting attention here.” Finally the second voice snapped, she wasn’t having it anymore. She’d witnessed Lavial scoop up scores of humans and swallow them whole. They’d resist against her mighty tummy only for so long before the beast burped. Signifying their defeat. It was a terrible sight, one out of a nightmare. Maybe even a stage play of Marvialasia. 


“Fine.” He hissed. “I’m out of here. This is the only chance we have to run.” The man paused for a second. Resuming his train of thought aloud. “ Fuck, If only they sent the other troops here and not us…” 


They were mere backup, an infantry group that was still mastering magic. Sent to their deaths to stall the march of platoon 3. This was the result. Their fate would soon be that result. A reminder of the giantess’ remarkable strength and cruelty. They had excellent eyesight if they were paying attention, and unfortunately Lavial had all her senses heightened. It was a matter of time when they’d be caught, not if.


The singular man fled from the hollow tree, sticking his head and upper body out first out of the crevice. His eyes stuck to Lavial’s glutes, her ass in its absolute titanic form. It wasn’t out of lust or anything, he just needed to make sure the giantess was looking away. Not at them.  Which is exactly when tragedy struck. 


His eyes fixed on the prize, he accidentally tumbled while jumping out of the hollow tree, which had its exit somewhat near the top of its structure. It was a tiny hole out of a thick tree, it barely fit everyone inside and so stumbling outside was a challenge. A challenge that proved too difficult.


**Snap**


The sound of a branch he had placed his foot on, it snapped in half. Causing the human to fall down and create a large thud as he fell. He wasn’t particularly hurt too badly, but his legs had given out of him. 


What was that?’ Lavial had picked up something from behind, she turned herself around and inspected the tree directly behind her ass. Or well, it wasn’t directly behind, it was a little to the left. However, when she was so massive, it hardly made a difference. 


“Well, what do we have here? '' She grinned. “ Someone ogling a little too hard?” She puckered her lips as her tone switched to tease her prey. She was going to have fun, that was her resolve. 


“S-Stay back.” He demanded. Not wanting the giantess to get any closer. The last thing he wanted to do was have her find the rest of the group within the tree. 


“Are you asking me to stay back? You’re a brave little man. Though, personally, I like your lot a little more fearful. A little more subservient.” She licked her lips, creating a thunderous smacking sound. She wasn’t really hungry anymore, she just thought it’d look intimidating. Lavial wasn’t wrong. 


The human had his knees quivering, his legs both too damaged and too scared to move. His hands shook as he instinctively knew this was the end. At the very least, he was going to die by the hands of a gorgeous lady… Actually, the more he thought about it, the less that notion made it bearable. 


He was going to guard the Marvialasian capital, he was going to go to his favourite tea shop and drink the newest blend they had in stock. He was going to spend his night alone and relaxed, not partaking in the war.


So what changed? Why was he here? 


Simple. He was ordered to be. Whilst on guard duty, his regimen was ordered to fill up spots in the defensive position in the army. He couldn’t refuse an order. It was against Marvialasian law when it came from the prince or someone delegated his authority. As such, he was sent to platoon 3. Where intel reported the weakest of the Ranate forces to be… That intel was horribly wrong. Worth noting, the intel also mentioned platoon 1 being an area of caution. Though that didn't matter to the soldier back then nor did it matter now.


After all, he was at death’s doorstep. 


“Hmm, what’s this? There’s more of you?” She had found them. The behemoth of size had found her toys. “You all were hiding… I guess you saw what we did to your friends.” 


“Please, spare them!” The man shouted. But to no avail. What exactly was he going to say? How would he convince the goliath in front of him to be merciful. In reality, he couldn’t. He could try to say that he got them all spotted so only he should be punished… But why would Lavial listen to such drivel?


“Don’t order me around, worm.” She took offence from his constant bickering. Her tone of voice and her inflection changed, her voice got slightly deeper and she articulated her words properly. Like a being from above, like a goddess of the battlefield. She found the soldier’s very existence to be disgusting. She wanted her fun, and he was trying to ruin it. 


She plucked the rest of the hidden humans to her hand, one by one. No one dared to run. Of course, that’s why they got spotted at all. 


Jahar is nice and cosy in there… He should be fine even if I get a little rough.’ She thought to herself. The giantess wasn’t going to take her date to be out of her bosom. Her cleavage was his safe space. The man clearly wasn’t going to take well from seeing death first hand. ‘Why did you even join the military then… Really, you don’t belong here. The battlefield doesn’t suit you. Which is why when we get home, your one and only job will be to service me. I’ll take care of you, feed you, love you and make all your wants met. I won’t let you even be able to think of spending a day without me.’ She giggled in her head, a notion that was oddly terrifying to the humans at her hand.


“Hmm. Still, you guys are all really weak.” She mocked, at least that’s what it sounded like to the humans in her captivity. Lavial hadn’t picked up the one human on the floor of the hollow tree, who’s legs still weren’t willing to work. 


So, she decided to run a little test. She curled her rude finger to her thumb and lodged in place with great power, obviously with her free hand. She brought it closer and closer to the man, edging it right next to him. He couldn’t move nor did he even have the will to speak. He knew what was next. Any second now. Any moment, he was going to die. 


“I’ll give you a chance… Answer my one question correctly and I’ll be merciful.” She demanded. The man naturally nodded his head in compliance, but Lavial didn’t care too much. She was going to do this regardless of his response. “What’s my favourite colour?” 


The man gulped, he didn’t know the answer! How could he? 


“...” He silently wept as his mind warped through hundreds of possibilities. 


“Five.” Lavial began counting. Marking that a countdown had started. 


Shit. Shit. What could it be… Think. Think. Look at her clothes, her eyes, her hair.’ 


He analysed her entire form as Lavial had her finger ready to end him at a moment’s notice. She remained calm and smiling throughout, as if genuinely interested in what he had to say. Regardless, it was do or die. 


“Four.” 


He had to think more. 


“Three” Lavial slowed down slightly, not enough for the panicking human to notice though.


He had to say something. 


“Two” Followed by a yawn after, it was as if she was intentionally giving him a chance to speak. However, it wasn’t needed as finally-


“Purple!” 



Silence pervaded the air. As the human closed his eyes, begging fate to spare him. 


“Y’know, purple may look good on my date. It’s not a bad option.” What was she talking about? The human had no real idea, but he didn’t care. It sounded like good news. It had to be, right? “But, I think blue would really match my eyes well. Sorry.” 


“Wait-” 


**Flick**


She unleashed the might of her rude finger, the potential energy stored got released as an explosive flick that turned the humans form into a blood red mist. His lingering remains stuck to Lavial’s finger  Which she brought back to her face. 


**Slurp**


She began licking her hand, in a rather sensual performative manner. Cleaning the blood off of it. “Mhmm. Nothing beats this… Don’t worry little ones. I got something else planned for you all.” Finally she acknowledged the humans on her open palm. 


What exactly did she have in store? They all wondered that silently. Questioning the meaning of their existences as they were reduced down to playthings for Lavial, it was hard not to think in such a way. Was this all the human experience amounted to? To be thrown around and toyed with? 


Was this how other creatures felt when Marvialasians subdued them?


Calling it an act of karma would be far too cruel, while their country was responsible for heinous acts, the people themselves hadn’t necessarily done a thing to be responsible. Alas, the war allowed the giantesses to justify their actions. It wasn’t okay what was to happen to these people, but nothing could be done right now either. Their own government had failed them. The people, or the person in charge refused to amend his ways. Still, the idea these people didn’t deserve the cruelty couldn’t be misunderstood. Surely, Lavial too understood that somewhere in her heart of hearts. 


“There, there.” She patted one of the humans on her palm with a finger. An odd thought occurred where one of them reminded her of Jahar. Except he wasn’t Jahar. He was a human that acted like him, but not the one she kept in her cleavage. She could feel it in herself, the gradual change. Her attitude, her enjoyment of the acts of cruelty. All of it was going to differ after this war. So, she pushed those feelings aside for the time being. 


‘I’ll save all of that when we’re back home.’ She told herself. As she lied down on the ground once more, now in a more open field. She tilted her palm slightly to a 60 degree angle, causing the humans to slowly fall down to the dirt below. 


**Thud**


They all landed in pain. Many were on their knees and some remained lying down. Even with minor enchantments, the fall was simply too high to have recovered so quickly. Their best bet was using magic to heal themselves somehow, however, wasting mana wasn’t an option. They all waited, watching Lavial’s devilish gleam. Hoping that she was in a merciful mood. 


It was hard not to stare into her chest while watching, for most of the humans, both men and women. The truth was that her mounds were large. From their perspective, they were capable of demolishing a house with ease. 


Large build ups of sweat accumulated on her jugs, a single drop of which could subdue a human with ease. What about her tits though? 


That was a thought that pervaded the minds of many as Lavial rose to her fours. Hoisting her breasts right above the group. The grand mountains of fat and flesh blocked out the sun itself. They were encased within her shade, if Lavial’s arms relaxed… The weight of twin meteors would come crashing down.


“MMPPHHFH” A voice muffled, still tried to scream. It was none other than Jahar who desired Lavial to be merciful. He wasn’t quite as kind to say let them all live. The Marvialasians were why the giantesses were so especially harsh in the recent past. They were the reason his family slaved away under Jade’s harsh rule. He knew they specifically weren’t to blame, but he couldn’t find it in him to be kind either. He simply wished for Lavial to end it quickly and painlessly for them…


That was a request that Lavial intrinsically knew from the core of her being. From the start she was aware that Jahar wouldn’t take well to cruelty. Even watching it from afar was too much. It was partly why she fought the way she did. She ate her opponents earlier, making it easy to dissociate with them. She distracted Jahar with her own body and warmth to make him forget about the atrocities she was committing. She stuffed him away to safety to make him feel safe and secure. 


Shhh. I got it from here.’ Was the message she gave him through her actions. Ignoring the squirming human within her bosom. 


The giantess smirked one last time as she looked down to her playthings. The itty bitty creatures that flailed in agony as they desperately tried to stand up and run. At best they could last a couple steps before falling down and tumbling once more. She could hear them curse and yell at each other, unfamiliar names she didn’t know nor cared for were being shouted about. Lavial could only pity them and their existences. 


She relaxed her arms and, well. 


The twin spheres from heaven came descending down at a rapid pace. Monoliths from the sky, against their might it felt like time itself slowed down. Each precious second counted for something, meant something. The humans stared at their world above. At the sight that was crashing down. They mustered the last ounce of strength they had and ran as far as they could. It was meaningless, and they knew that but alas they needed to try. The bouncy jugs would come crashing down to their reality, crushing everything in their way. 

Each and every millisecond, they jiggled and wobbled. Swaying like gigantic boulders capable of turning anything in their way to a splat of blood. The devastating power they held threatened the earthly human form, as if converting it into the landscape itself. Marking them a part of the history of the land, of the soil, of the ground itself.They were going to depart the land of the living. Would their existences even be remembered? Lavial thoughtlessly questioned as she continued only with the slightest bit of care. 


Each person would think back to their most fondest memories. Reliving their life as it flashed right before them. The most common denominator between everyone being ‘Really? This is how I go out? By a pair of enormous boobs…’. It was a haunting realisation. A disastrous one. A painful one even. 


The sensation of touching the fat globes was like touching something divine. Like a bug grasping on to something it wasn’t supposed to. It alerted the giantess. It alerted Lavial as she felt the sensations of everyone coursing through her body as-


**Squelch**


They were erased from this plane. Their mortal bodies leaving this world as they joined whatever was next, if there even was a next. Lavial herself had the belief of something else, however she didn’t entertain that train of thought. 


Reduced to mere blemishes, covered up by the dust and the dirt.’ 


In the end, the giantess couldn’t think of them as much more than playthings. She tried to rationalise it in her head due to their own weakness. Their own inadequacy. Humans from Marvialasia were a danger after all! They were meant to be a threat. However, these people were hardly that. They were toys donned in Marvialasian soldier attire. Not even their mediocre enchantments could have saved them from what had just happened, if they were a tad bit higher quality maybe. If they were as strong as Jahar’s enchantments. 


‘He should be okay… I’ll check up on him.’ 


The man had his whole world come crashing with Lavial’s mounds. He was exposed to an unholy amount of force before finally it’d come to an abrupt halt. He must have been one of the few humans ever to survive a ride in a giantesses cleavage like this. Only due to his enchantments did he make it out alive, if they were even a smidge bit weaker, he’d have suffered some serious damage. Damage that Lavial would come to regret, she wasn’t a tyrant after all. In the end, she used her two fingers to part her cleavage wall. Like the saint from legend parting the sea, she exposed the tiny scout in his confinement. 


“How was it? A ride in the titty express.” She called out, a little embarrassed after what she just named it. 

After examining her surroundings, she noticed that the ground was flattened a layer below where it was before. A marking on the land of where her boobs rested remained. Jahar hadn’t seen any of it, but rather he experienced it in his own way. He didn’t know what to say. 


“D-did you… Are they…” He couldn’t formulate his thoughts coherently. They were tattered and broken. Disjointed and unsure. 


“It’s okay.” She gently whispered. “You don’t need to worry about that. You're safe, I’m safe. No one that matters is hurt.”


“But. But-”


“No buts. Remember, you still owe me a dinner date. Let’s just be glad we’re both okay so we can have that. ‘Kay?” She continued. Cutting him off, an act that was both intentional and something Lavial deduced to be for his own good. A notion she decided by herself without his input at all.


The meagre human could only watch his world above, the titanic face in his field of vision that covered the sky, Lavial’s face. It was his world above. He was surrounded by her. Her flesh and smell, her heart beat, her voice. She covered everything he knew. Or would come to know. 


“...Alright.” He gave in to comfort. To pleasure. To his own satisfaction. What did that mean for Jahar? He wasn’t quite sure himself. What was guaranteed though was Lavial having him right where she wanted him. The titaness giggled in her own happiness. 


“Good night. I’ll see you tomorrow.” She relaxed her fingers, allowing the breast walls to encase him into his prison once more. The flesh, and smell once more becoming overbearing. The sweat, mind numbing. 


It wasn’t even night time. Far from it. However, that didn’t matter to Jahar. From the meaty cage he was trapped in, Lavial’s word was gospel. He accepted it as such for he found himself being lulled to sleep against her heart beat. He hoped that she’d feed him when he’d become hungry, but that was a concern for later. For now. His mind rested. 


Lavial could feel his struggles fading, quietly as his movements slowed down. Eventually, it was done. 


Well, now it’s just the waiting game.’ She thought. If she was sent up north instead of Rashtahl she could be having some more fun… However, that wasn’t her fate. The rational part of her mind even was against it. After all, if there really was a threat, she’d have to fight properly. She couldn’t do that while watching over Jahar. ‘I’ve really made a mess of this place, haven’t I?” She thought to herself. 


She inspected the underside of her boobs, underneath her clothing it was covered in debris. It had her having a sense of ick, a feeling of disgust. She had stowed away a tiny passenger in her bodily intimacy and yet she felt herself not clean enough. 


‘The tree’s are flattened, the ground’s concave where I dropped myself. I wonder if any nearby villages heard the thud…’ Lavial had to stop her line of thinking there. ‘No, let’s leave the innocent villages out of this. It was Ana’s command, but even I’m thinking they don’t need to be a part of this right now.’


With that, stopping a few steps short of a direction baked in disaster. Lavial was satisfied with what she’d done. She had her fun. Perhaps the giantess would readily accept change going forward? Maybe she won’t. 


It was impossible to tell just as of yet. 


– – –


‘Humans are… Malleable creatures. Soft, squishy and weak. I’ve seen them all over. At the U.P they held positions of power, with their own hierarchies and systems. Rules and regulations. Ideas. Etc, etc. No matter where though, they try desperately to make up for their own weaknesses. They lack our superior physical might. So, instead they devote time to magic, magecraft or perhaps technology. Always something. Yet, we live in a world where what they learn and do, the rest of us can always adapt to.’ Devita internally monologued as she gripped her hand tightly, within it was a bound human who was lodged in place. Only his little head remained visible. ‘Magic… We’ve learnt that. Technology? Something that can be transferred. Physical might? No one dares to compare. What else remains? I don’t have any specific disdain or dislike towards you humans. Only curiosity. What exactly are you good for?


“Please… Have mercy.” He begged, pleaded even. If it was to a lesser giantess, someone with less integrity than Devita… Maybe it would be needed. However, fate was kind for now. 


She raised her lip, deep in her thought. It was a notion that often marked the end, often a horrific end for humans… However, that wasn’t what Devita was thinking about. Her own thoughts were constantly battling for importance with her own bodily distress. A certain sensation stuck in her upper nose area. Devita tried to ignore it.


‘Light enchantments. Trying to make up for your physical weaknesses. In an ideal society, accidental deaths between our kinds should be minimised.’ She squeezed him ever so slightly. She could feel it in her hand, the soldier could be popped like a grape. ‘Yet, the queen. Her majesty, Ana and this entire platoon believe in your worth. That even though it would be easy to crush humans… We see that there’s something else we can do with you. There can be no Ranate without humans, if the lineage of giantesses must continue. It must be with the support of humans.’ 


It was far from orderly nobility. Not quite the grand answer that people around her would expect of Devita. However, she didn’t care. Humans were essential in Ranate. Why kill them unjustly? It was a notion Devita agreed with Ana on. It was an idea her platoon was founded on. 


The fact they all were proficient in the magic arts in platoon 2, it was due to help from humans. Without them, Ranate would have never adopted the arcane arts. This was a mere fact. It was due to their intervention and Ana’s inclusion and mercy of the captured Marvialasian forces that allowed Ranate as a society to evolve. 


“... Miss. I’ll do anything. I’ve already begged, I’ve wept. What else do you want from me?” He cried out. “I’ll lick your toes, I’ll kiss your feet, I’ll worship you like a goddess. Just let me go back home…” 


‘I’m sorry but I can’t do that. The orders are to capture soldiers. To restrain them and keep them safe… At least to a degree... Also, creepy.’


For a brief moment, Devita had separated her professionalism and job to her personal feelings. The words of the subjugated human had her feeling a sort of way, a sense of power that she lorded over him. It was somewhat disgusting, yet it felt right. Like it was the natural order of things…


No wonder so many giantesses fall for this trap.’ She thought. About the lust she inherently possessed, it was unsightly. It was distasteful. Yet, it was what her body yearned for… A sensation she would never indulge in, for her own morals found it wrong. She found the rationale of using the pretense of a war to justify the horrific act, something many giantesses would do. In fact, many of her own side did sustain heavy injuries. Some giantesses were retreating. The temptation, while unjust, was certainly there.


“Please… Anything.” He begged, the pleading growing ever more desperate as the seconds continued to pass. The bells of time rang with daunting enthusiasm as they echoed through the otherwise silent air. It was just him and Devita now. His own squadron of soldiers were too terrified to speak, to even utter a word, let alone help. He was truly on his own. 


“...My nose.” She whispered. Not trying to be intimidating, however it couldn’t be helped. She was a giantess, and in her clenched hand was a human. A victim to be. 


“Your nose?” The confused soul questioned. His eyes darted forward, as if stuck in fixation with Devita’s nostrils. He saw two tiny holes he could get lost in… It wouldn’t even be that. He’d only need to be in the right position at the right time.


“My nose is itchy, could you scratch it please?”


It was a humble request, it lacked any signs of malice or disdain, yet that fact didn’t make it any less horrific. 


“You’ll let us go?” He asked, gently. 


“No… You’ll be safe though.” Devita answered, omitting information and instead opening her palm up to a free position. It faced upwards, frozen in place right below her nostrils. Hot and humid air being shot out and the cold breeze being inhaled. 


What was happening? What was going to happen? Why was it going to happen? 


The human knew. 


She was asking him to venture into her nose, to the sticky and slimy cavern filled with sensations no one wanted to think about. He was sure he wasn’t even going to fit in all the way. There’d be a point where he’d get stuck… Surely. At least he thought he would, the alternative would be getting inhaled into her nasal passages and eventually to her mouth… Where the fate of digestion would be marginally better than being stuck somewhere in her facial cavities. 


The man looked down to his squadron of petty soldiers. They were disarmed and weak. Their magical prowess heavily weaker after a long standing battle. It was a surefire way to win after all. Once their magic was depleted, all they were was humans. Said humans were akin to bugs against the might of Devita’s peers. 


“Oh… E-excuse me. I-” She began talking as she sensed a feeling quivering up to her body. It was disastrous, uncontrollable. Something Devita had to let occur as it was merely natural. Something her body did on its own. Like a titanic sway of motion, the giantess opened her mouth and said. “Ah…Ahhh.”


Inhaling in, the air got sucked in like a whirlwind. Carrying the human soldier along with it. Like a fly getting swallowed by mistake, was that all this human was? Was that his fate? No, he wasn’t quite lucky enough for that. Devita had been holding him above her mouth, but below her nose. Naturally, that spelt only one type of hell for the human to experience. 


He was swept away, literally knocked off his feet and inhaled into her left nostril along with the premonition of the sneeze to come. To say he was knocked out was an understatement, he was done. He was at his wit’s end. Stuck, hard in the nasal walls and the sticky semi-solid mush around him. He had been buried deep, lost in the sight of all that mattered. Away from his friends, from his fellow soldiers and mates. This was his fate for the time being. Despite it only happening for a mere moment, it felt as if time had frozen. 


“Shit… Shit-.” He tried to voice his inner thoughts aloud but the feeling of the sticky walls had him silent once more. Whatever it was, he didn’t want to have it go in his mouth. So, as it was natural to his own bodily actions. He attempted to push himself away… But to no avail. 


He was helpless. His hand was stuck to the slimy substance. Soon, his whole body would too as it would contort and be compressed against the rising action of Devita’s-


**Achoo!**


Sent flying. 


He was sent flying away far at a speed no human should ever be subjected to. The aching pain jolted in his joints as every limb was in agony. The split second misery was short lived in his snot-covered surroundings as Devita sneezed, with the might rivalling the fiercest canons of Marvialasia. Her saliva and other gross bodily fluids all mixed together as she caught the distressed human. 


“I-I’m alive?” He whispered, or at least he thought he was whispering. In reality, he spoke loud and clear. It was a testament to his own surprise that he was okay. “Fuck… Eww.”


Devita had caught him with her palms, having them cover her nose and mouth as she sneezed was the only reason he lived. The sheer force and might of a mere sneeze, a normal bodily action could be enough to have him go splat. Yes, even with his weak enchantments included. It wasn’t something Devita would risk. All she wanted was a mere favour. Now, she has a human in her palm who is desperate for a bath. 


“Apologies. Ruffling through the tree’s has my nose acting up… Always happens a bit, but I can usually ignore it in the heat of a fight.” She clarified. “The fresh Marvialasian soil is great, so many trees and flowering trees blooming… A shame that it goes against what my body wants-” Her mind was led astray for a moment as Devita thought about her allergies.


**Shhhhhhhhh**


Immediately after, a cold shiver ran down Devita’s spine. The giantess’ eyes darted to the side. Towards her right. Her focus on the poor human soul in her palm had been forgotten in an instant. She was paying attention to something else. To something fierce approaching the horizon. 


Dense magical power. Refined mana, a massive field of mana. What is this? I’ve never seen it before.’ The commander looked behind, where the rest of the soldiers were. Everyone noticed the presence at the same time. ‘How did such an exceptional cloud of mana go unnoticed for so long?’ She questioned. The noise was like a tiny snake hissing, but one with such strength that the very environmental pressure changed. That the atmosphere around here became more distressed. More dangerous. 


“You two.” She pointed to an injured giantess, one from the prior fight and a healthy one. “Carry these humans back to safety at Home Base. It seems we’ve got a complication.”


In front of her was an unimaginable monument of strength. A cloud of mana she’d never seen before. It pulsated like waves at the beach. It was calm, collected but easily capable of swallowing an unsuspecting target whole. 


Humans are malleable creatures, soft, squishy and weak… Right?’ Somehow, Devita found herself concerned for the first proper time in this whole conflict.


– – –


Ranate was… quite behind in their magical prowess. 


In fact, it wasn’t a stretch to suggest that the whole eastern continent was. One could argue it only exemplified the lack of need for magic, the fact that technology could simply do the same or better in other robust ways. 


It was only against the beasts of the eastern lands, against Ranate’s giantesses. Against undead monsters and foes did the population of the eastern land adapt to magic. 


Adopt however from where? 


It wasn’t a historical fact that many delved that deep into. The giantesses of the east simply accepted as it was. However, was it always like that? 


Marvialasia was a country that boasted magical techniques that came from the west. In fact, most individual's understanding of mana itself came from the west. A land and culture that the eastern countries were unfamiliar with. It was guarded by a tall mountain range that made it impossible to cross, the freezing cold and icy wind making an impenetrable wall. 


It was hard enough for humans, however what about the giantesses? The titanic towering legs of a colossal lady would cause avalanches no doubt. Their travel abroad was strictly banned from most countries that shared a border with the mountain range. 


Most of the continent was like that. It wasn’t made in mind for the giantesses. They lived here, but not because it was their ideal environment. The land of Ranate seemed to be the only ideal place. The temperature was cool, the landscape had naturally growing things of their correct size, monsters too had been seemingly absent from their surroundings. 


Ranate itself was safe. Ranate itself felt like it existed purely for the giantesses and no one else. Ranate itself was merely just Ranate. A land fit for one culture and nothing else.


Yet, just outside of central Ranate and the south east. The trees grow smaller, fauna and flora vanishes as if it becomes nothing more than grass or something hidden within it… Here in Marvialasia, it’s all tiny. Everything’s tiny. Nothing like back home at all. Yet, the ecosystem feels like this is normal.’ Rashtahl analysed. She couldn’t help it, she was charging forward with a healthy count of soldiers but her mind couldn’t stop thinking. The constant green hues of the Marvialasian scenery had her questioning things in her head. ‘Why is Ranate so different? Why do parts of our ecosystem exist to suit our size so well?’ 


It was a worthless train of thought. Rashtahl was far from qualified to be thinking about such things. That being said, she had more to think about. 


Then there’s magic… the oldest giantesses we know of in our records didn’t use magic. Sure, that’s most of the eastern continent but it’s quite strange. We hardly know anything about it but one thing’s for sure, it doesn’t suit our bodies. Only our bodies. Everything and everyone else in Celessa has no problem with it. The humans love it, evidently these buffoons in Marvialasia depend on it to stand a chance against us. The queen also has made some relations with the elven folk who are quite talented in it. The dwarves follow their own system but are proficient in utilising magic to make mage craft.’ Rashtahl could list a thousand examples but they all pointed to one thing. Why was it that the giantesses of Ranate struggled in this field where everyone else shined? 


If their bodies were too big to utilise magic well then why had their bodies been created so large in the first place? Why were they such Goliath beasts? 


It was none other than on this little jog through the enemy soil that Rashtahl realised everything followed an ecosystem. Like the hierarchy in Ranate, nature itself had a pecking order. 


Things that didn’t work well in this order evolved and adapted. But the giantesses did not, their behemoth size, while problematic with magic, remained the same. It didn’t follow the rules of survival of the fittest, an ideology the warrior Rashtahl praised and lived by on the battlefield. 


It was a contradiction. The giantess loved toying with the weak insignificant humans but she herself felt a tinge of remorse. There was something wrong. However, the alarmed giantess was in no position to wonder. Hardly even, while she couldn’t assess the quality of mana itself, Rashtahl had a tingling feeling down her spine that she was headed somewhere dangerous. 


The tiny, but still gigantic sized hairs on her arms were raised up. Her eyes remained focused on all 360 degrees of her surroundings, her heartbeat was pounding but her mind remained calm. It was due to experience, something akin to a warrior’s instinct. 


‘...What in the hell.’ 


She had arrived, at the source of monstrous thuds and thunderous stomps that were heard across the distance. Rashtahl had naturally assumed it was a giantess having fun. Which was the normal assumption in this case. No one in their right mind would think otherwise, what else even was there to consider? 


Reality however was a beast left untamed,  for the thuds were none other than Devita fleeing slowly as she held her ground. Witnessing the scene in front of her, Rashtahl held back the urge to simply charge in. It was the years of experience she possessed that led her to make that call, otherwise killing the lone human would hardly be a challenge. Clearly, that wasn’t going to be the case though as she assessed Devita’s injuries. 


Bleeding, scratches, burn marks… What’s going on?’ 


Rashtahl watched her superior, the lady in charge of the second platoon cast her own magic. Solely only being defensive spells and incantations. Techniques that would only further assist her skin and her body’s overall defence. Where were the teeth of the giantesses? Where was the counter attack? 


Devita tried to remain calm. It was a challenge for sure. No human that she’d faced before in the past had done anything like the opponent in front of her. He was skillfully hiding within the plains and trees of the environment to mask his presence whilst shooting high level spells out at her at an instant. She needed to remain alert, while also watching for every plausible attack that could materialise out of thin air. A notion she wasn’t familiar with. 


‘Humans… They don’t fight like this. The Marvialasians don’t at least. What’s going on?’ Rashtahl analysed as she watched the second by second scene unfold in front of her. Naturally she was going to offer her support, and also it was clear the problematic human had located her as well. She was right there too after all, only a little ways away. However, Rashtahl knew it wouldn’t be a wise move to interfere yet. She needed information. ‘When humans cast fire magic, the environment around them gets colder. That means it isn’t something that happens out of thin air. It takes time for it to occur. For the conversion of temperature to mana to temperature once more… Yet, there isn’t a delay at all here.’ 


**Whphoosh**


Just like that, as if it had already been there, a ball of fire capable of melting steel had been launched at Devita. The velocity of it was too fast to dodge, it had far outshined her reaction time. However, that wasn’t all, beneath the shadow of the spell was a secondary attack that would catch Devita off guard if she dared duck underneath it. This second spell wasn’t fire magic, instead it was a solid material. A sharp material in fact, capable of piercing through a mountain if shot fast enough. 


“Devita! Dodge LEFT!” Rashtahl shouted, just as soon as the attack began. She was slightly at a vantage point which made the conflict easier to see but more than that she was out of the danger zone, making Rashtahl as calm and collected as she possibly could be. 


The action, the verbal direction Rashtahl shouted was quickly understood by Devita. She had neither the time nor idea to question why she was here, however being told where to go removed the need to mentally calculate where to dodge. Keeping her barely still in the fight, as the titanic figure rolled across the field. Flattening the wildlife and flora to a ground paste. Tree’s were cruelly uprooted and entire tiny ecosystems of many little creatures were brought to extinction. 


As was the fate of the giantess. To be an overwhelming force of nature, one could say it was their destiny even. 


As Devita stood back up to her fighting position, she found… Nothing behind her? The attack or spell shot out had completely evaporated the tree’s and environment that was once behind Devita. Now, they had been smoked to a crisp. 


Just how much mana was concentrated in that?’ A chill ran down her spine. What would have happened if she was there? Or more specifically, if Rashtahl wasn’t here. Certainly, not a fate where she would be living that was for sure. The human defender had enough to pack a mean punch. He was certainly no ordinary man. 


“Just who are you?” Devita shouted out to the lonely expanse. Obviously, the human wasn’t going to reveal himself. However, it was worth a shot. 


“...” 


Silence 


Rashtahl interrupted. 


“ So… You are the giant slayer I’ve heard about.” She raised her voice and accentuated the middle of her sentence, making it clear to Devita what they were up against. Really, it was Rashtahl’s way of communicating with the enemy and her ally. 


“...Candidate.” The voice shouted from way back out. He was behind Rashtahl now, somewhere in the small trees which only went slightly above Rashtahl’s ankles. Still hidden and plain out of sight. He had blended in with the environment. 


“What’s your purpose? Why are you here? Answer quickly or your fate won’t be a pretty one.” Rashtahl threatened. A notion Devita, while not entirely happy with, wasn’t in a position to complain either. This human was trouble. Someone to stay away from. The second platoon had already sustained heavy injuries with less than half having already fled. He wasn’t someone Rashtahl could boss around. 


“Go back to where you came from… Filthy beasts.” 



An uncomfortable silence filled the air, the two giantesses had an idea of what he was talking about. He wanted them to flee the war. To flee the conflict and retreat back. To turn this whole mission into a failure for Ranate.


“For what? To have Marvialasia wage another war? Not that I would mind going up against you little bugs, but it’s clear war is what your leader wants.” Rashtahl hastily rebutted. As she searched the floor, to find where his voice was coming from. It was strange, she couldn’t hear him like a normal person. It was as if his words were hazy. Like it was hard to tell where the sounds were coming from. 


“Creatures like you don’t belong on Celessa. Go back to where you came from, out of Ranate and out of Celessa.” He demanded. 


“???” This time both Devita and Rashtahl were confused. What exactly was he talking about?


“It's a little harsh to say we don’t deserve to live.” Rashtahl had interpreted his words as a threat. As if he was saying none of the giantesses deserved to live. In her heart, she knew she wasn’t that far off from whatever the giant slayer candidate wanted. “Fine. One on one. A fight fair and square. If I win, I’ll claim you as my personal prisoner.” She mocked, an act of hubris for sure. However, she banked that Devita had weakened him even a tiny bit. If not, it must have been an act of arrogance on her part. From Rashtahl’s understanding, there wasn’t a single fair case in history where a human won against a giantess one on one without some underhanded tricks involved. This would be no different. Earnestly, honestly, perhaps even modestly that was what Rashtahl thought. She genuinely could not conceive of a single way this could go wrong if it was a fair fight.


“No! I’ll provide an assist.” Devita interjected but was immediately cut off. Of course she was, there wasn’t a chance in hell she’d let her rob her of such a catch. This was Rashtahl’s chance. A victory against a foe Devita struggled against would lead to a promotion no doubt… More than that, she wanted to experience this foe in his pure form. In a fair contest of strength. She didn’t want to ruin that honour. Rashtahl simply couldn’t, it was against her code as a warrior to take someone of interest down in such a way. 


“Stay out of this! Have you no honour for our people? Do you really think a mere human could best not 1 but 2 giantesses back to back? Give him a break, I wish for a one on one. Not for a team deathmatch.” 


Rashtahl’s words cut sharp, so sharp that Devita let out an annoyed click with her tongue. 


This fool, you have no idea what you’re fighting against…’  Devita scorned the commander of platoon of 3 from the depths of her heart. It was only fair she felt this way. However, if there was an ounce of respect she had for Rashtahl in anything. It would be her fighting prowess. ‘Good luck…’. If the worst outcome came to be, she would simply recover her strength while Rashtahl was fighting and break the duel apart. Involving herself and turning it into a two versus one. In truth, Devita didn’t care in the slightest for the honour Rashtahl had. The mission came first.


“So that’s where you are… Hiding atop ankle height trees isn’t exactly an intimidating image.” She mocked, hoping to light a fire under him, to get the human to move. To talk, to say something. Rashtahl herself also wanted answers. 


However, the human refused to speak. Instead, what Devita sensed in what was to happen next shocked her internally. 


He was twisting the mana itself, she could sense it. While it wasn’t a physical thing, it was there nonetheless. She could feel him sharpening the ethereal energy. Twisting it against each other to make a spear of sorts. 


Suddenly, the human, the giant slayer candidate, possessed in his arsenal a weapon made of mana itself. What was he going to do with that?


Is he going to use it as it is? You can do that? How?’ Devita was shocked to see such a unique application of mana. The human had made something that Rashtahl, someone lacking skills in magic, couldn’t see at all. A perfect counter if not for the fact he was so small in comparison. ‘Regardless… If that thing makes contact with Rashtahl…’ 


Devita had a bad feeling. A sudden urge to call for aid appeared in her heart. Why? 


Well, that bad feeling simply wouldn’t go away. If anything, it grew more distressing by the minute. 


It was a sign of angst that even Rashtahl herself began to feel...


Chapter End Notes:

Finally, that is the third chapter out of four that I've planned for this conflict. Hope everyone is following along well, if there is anything confusing please let me know. I'm planning on uploading the next chapter sometime next week (maybe a little later), so there's still time for me to edit and move some stuff around. 

Regardless, I'd love to hear more from everyone. Please let me know what you thought in the form of a review, if you'd be so kind!