- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey guys! I'm back! I've really enjoyed my time writing over the years but this story, "My Little Friend" and "My Little Girlfriend" have been my all time favorites to write and I still have quite a bit more. I'm going to be continuing this story asap with more chapters, exploring a lot of untouched aspects of Bobby and Jen's relationship and other hazards and problems of course. Hope you all enjoy! 

"My Little Girlfriend"

by Sonicfan287

Chapter 10: My Little Date

It was an unusually nice day for that time of year. Living in CT, anything over 50 degrees seems nice So nice, in fact, that Jen and I were able to shed our winter jackets as we headed into the mall. Then again, given the week we had just had, nothing seemed unusual anymore... just why was Jack back at Avery Point? And what exactly had he done to my girlfriend on their little get together? That still worried me a little, as I hadn't heard much about it. Then there was Ashley... another new girl who I hadn't known from my past but sure seemed to know me... and took every opportunity to let me know about it. For the moment though, she was no longer an issue, which means that I should've been focusing on the cute girl in my pocket, my girlfriend Jen. Instead, I'm drifting about the mall with my usual expression of daze, whenever I get into these deep thought cycles.

"Hey... Bobby?" Jen said "If you're gonna wander aimlessly through the mall with that blank expression on your face, can you at least go a bit slower? I'm getting really smushed in here..."

"Oh... heh... sorry" I said, slowing down and giving her a moment to compose herself. I decide to go over to a bench to be alone with her. I just couldn't make it too obvious that I was talking to her or it would appear to the passers by that I was discussing things to myself. Tnen again, anyone who knew me at all could attest to the fact that I did often talk to myself.

"And just by the way..." Jen added, struggling to get herself out of the tangled mess she had finagled into while stuck in my pockets, "Have you considered getting looser pants? Or at least ones with bigger pockets?"

"Too tight?" I asked, although I had already known the answer. My pockets had been on the small side, but then again, so was my girlfriend... at the moment.

"Just a little" she sighed but she seemed more joking than actually in pain, "But hey, where better to go clothes shopping than at the mall?"

"This is true..." I said.

"So?" she urged, "What are we waiting for?"

"Oh okay..." I grinned,then added in my usual goofy tone, "But can we play some music and have a clothes trying on montage?"

Jen gave off a little chuckle, before saying "what?"

"Y'know, like in the movies... someone tries on a bunch of clothes and they play some cheesy 80s music" I explained, once again showing my affinity for movie cliche's.

"Bobby, we're just trying on pants" she laughed, "but I suppose if you want... your ipod's in here..."

"Nah, I'm kidding" I laughed, "you're all the company I need"

And so, we were off to the first "leg" of our adventure (some pun intended), at JC Penneys' to find the perfect pants for Jen... well technically I'd be wearing them... but... you know what I mean. Trying them on would be one issue but the important thing was to find some pants with good pockets... the kind of deep pockets, with lots of room to accomodate a lovely lady of Jen's stature.

Thinking it over, I could only imagine how well that would've gone over... myself going up to some store associate and saying "Hey, I need pants with a big, loose pocket... I keep a lot of things in my pocket, spare change, cell phones, my girlfriend..." Yknow, totally normal.

All kidding aside, I shuffled my way over to the rack of jeans on the wall. Jen looked up at them all, scanning them over as best she could from her vantage point, at which she was only eye level with the mid-level shelving and had to look way up just to see what appeared to her as an endless wall of jeans extending up towards the sky. That was one thing I kind of missed about being small... the spectacular views, when even a well designed clothing rack appeared to be a massive work of architecture.

"See anything you like?" I whispered, talking to Jen of course.

"Well these LOOK nice..." she admitted, "but the problem isn't with how your pants look, it's just the tightness of them and these look a lot like what you're wearing already. Have you considered khakis or cargo pants? Something with more pocket space?"


"Hmm, cargo pants, huh?" I thought, releasing it wasn't such a bad idea. Of course, giving it further thought I remembered my disorganizational problems and had a quick nightmarish fantasy that I'd lose Jen among the many pockets. With that, I replied, "How about khakis?"

"Eh, we'll just try them both, there's some over there that look nice" Jen said, and so I walked over to them, searching for my size. While doing so, I caught a glimpse of the sign that read: "BUY ONE, GET ONE FOR A PENNY"

"Heh" I chuckled.

"What?" Jen asked, failing to see the humor in pants shopping, naturally.

"No, it's just this sign" I said, "Buy one, get one for a penny... I feel like you should just get it free"

Jen laughed at this as well.

"Yeah, what if you're short a penny and can only buy 1 pair?" she suggested, eliciting a laugh from me as well. Good thing noone was around to notice who I was exchanging jokes with. Even at 3 inches tall, my girlfriend was a lot funnier than 'normal height' people I knew.

I took a couple pairs of each type of pants into the fitting room, setting them into a pile, before letting Jen free from my pocket and laying her gently in my hand. Even though we were quite accustomed to being held by one another, I could always feel a slight shaking in her spine if she ever happened to lean on one of my fingers. It was fairly natural and not so much a fear as just a subconcious thing. Imagine being lifting into a giant elevator with no sides in which you could fall out easily? If your back made any contact with what little walls there were (in this case, my fingers), it would be a scary experience, for sure. That said, we both trusted each other to hold on and the short journey from my pants pocket to the small bench in the fitting room was nothing major.

Jen paced around the small bench, watching me remove one pair of pants and get on the other, letting out a joking wolf whistle as I gor changed. Well, hopefully it wasn't all joking.

"Heh, you like?" I laughed, struggling to get the first pair of cargo pants on completely, half distracted at watching the tiny girl's reaction to me trying them on.

"Yeah..." she said in a hushed tone, "I just can't get too excited because imagine someone's reaction if they thought you had a girl in here..."

"Well what do you think YOU are?" I asked, joking.

"Well yeah..." Jen admitted, "but I'm just saying, they might think we're fooling around in here"

For whatever reason, I felt a strange wave of heat and curiosity hit me. I was intrigued by that idea, of course, since any one would be, but also, for whatever reason, Jen and I had never really explored that aspect of our relationship, aside from some occasional making out when we were both normal sized... or sometimes, we'd kiss each other while one of us was tiny, but besides that, we hadn't exactly been intimate for a couple that was together for so long.

"Heh... yeah" I said, giving her a look that probably tipped off how I was feeling inside. It's just that... she was so fragile, and I wasn't exactly the most careful person in general, but there's a big difference between dropping a vase on the ground and breaking it and breaking a human being... I just wouldnt be able to enjoy her in that way knowing any wrong move I made could spell the end of it. Similarly, I imagined she had the same feelings. Still, watching her pace around on that bench for some reason, got me even more interested.

It didn't help that she stopped pacing mid-stride, with her hand on her hips, showing some of the curvature of her thigh in a flattering manner, holding the pose on purpose so that I could take it in, even at her miniature state. She looked up at me and said, "You think they have any pants MY size at this place?"

Of course I knew she had been joking but for some reason I didnt know how to respond to this. I always felt kind of bad that we couldn't both be normal sized at the same time and that she had to be reduced often times. Because of this, I always felt weird about the idea of joking that she was tiny and couldn't try on normal clothes.

"Well I... I mean..." I stammered, feeling a wave of nerves hit me, "I mean you could... if you wanted... yknow... I mean, it's your date too. If you want, we could switch sizes again and..."

"Oh my gosh" she laughed, "I was kidding! Today's your day to have me small, don't worry about it"

"Heh, what do you mean 'have you'?" I asked. Again, I felt uneasy about this context, making it sound like she were my property, and yet again I was intrigued in a way.

"Well... yknow..." she said, getting flustered herself. I could see a tiny blush forming on her face, so she stopped. "I... I don't know what I mean... but the pants look nice"

"You think?" I asked.

"Y-yeah" she said, "real nice. Now how's about helping your dear old girlfriend up so I can test them up?"

"Why Jen, are you saying you'd like to test my pants?" I chuckled, as if this were some kind of innuendo. Of course, if it was, I wasn't familiar but the joke still got it's point across, provoking a cute laugh from Jen. I picked her up and slid her into the pocket.

"This is pretty nice" she sighed, leaning into the fabric and seeming to get comfortable. "And because there are more pockets on the leg, you could keep your other devices in there so I'm not so squished"

"That's not a bad idea" I admitted, "In fact, I'm not sure why we didn't think of it sooner"

"Not sure either" she shrugged, "but I'd say this would be a great purchase, what do you think?"

"Yeah, for sure" I replied, "yknow it's funny... I feel like I'm not just buying a new pair of pants for myself, but also a new home for you"

Almost immediately after I said those words, I felt horrible, as if I were again making light of the fact that she were so small. Again though, she seemed unoffended. It was almost like, over time, we had become less sensitive to the fact that we were small. It used to really bug both of us during our times of being tiny, but we realized the arrangement was only temporary, and even though being small wasn't always the greatest, we had a lot more fun with the whole dynamic, realizing we could be re-enlarged at any time if it got too scary or unpleasant. I know the extended period of time I had just spent at my small size had gotten me a bit more freaked out but even now, I didn't feel too uncomfortable with the idea of shrinking down again if I had to.

The one thing that neither of us had grown comfortable about though was the idea of other people seeing us. We had more or less established an understanding with Sarah, who loyally kept our secret to this point, but to anyone else, we could seldom be seen without the other (since the other would be shrunk down) and we liked it that way. There was a certain sense of embarassment and fear about unknown strangers seeing you in that vulnerable state. I still get occasional chills and nightmares when i think about that fateful moment that Kim first found me tiny and began playing with me. At the time, I honestly thought that was the end of my life altogether.

Because of this fear, I was even more surprised about what Jen said next, as a joke.

"Hey, maybe I should pay for these" she laughed, "yknow, just place me on the counter with your giant credit card... the cashier would probably be so freaked out we'd get them for free!"

I didn't know how to respond to this at all, although honestly considering her scenario was funny. Finally, Jen snapped me out of my daze.

"Oh cmon Bobby" she whispered, although still loud enough so that I could hear her "You really need to calm down"

By strange coincidence, I could swear I heard someone else's voice saying nearly the same thing.

"You need to calm down, yknow?" the voice said. It was a male voice, and a familiar one at that. Since I had already been at the checkout counter, I began purchasing the pants, but all the while I was suspicious about what I had heard.

Jen remained silent the entire time I was buying the pants, but once I had gotten away from the store, I heard her whisper, "hey you okay?"

"Yeah... I just think..." I hesitated.

"What?" Jen asked.

"I think John's here" I sighed, almost 100% sure the voice was his.

"What where?" Jen asked.

"I think he was in Penny's... I heard his voice" I said, realizing that maybe the mall wasn't the best venue. John and I thought alike in many ways and if he were still trying to deal with Ashley, he wouldve taken her to the mall just because at least he could go somewhere he enjoyed and maybe lose her there. John could be a jerk sometimes, but he'd be even more of a jerk, unknowingly, if he were to ruin my date.

"Are you sure?" Jen asked, almost sounding more worried than I was. Neither of us wanted to deal with anyone other than ourselves, especially seeing what a distraction our friends, and Ashley had been in recent days. Just then I saw his form come into view from around the bend. I quickly ducked behind the escalator and heard him talking to Ashley.

"Okay okay" he said, "we can eat here.... you just seem a bit, tense"

"Yeah, maybe" she said, "I'm just new here and..."

"Yeah I know that too" John said, rolling his eyes a bit, "you've said that many times already"

Yep, that was John... a real ladies man.

As they neared us, I realized it would only be a matter of time before we'd be seen if I didnt act quickly. I decided to dart into a store that he never would've expected to find me in, or go to himself. The only store like that was the Claire's close by, so I ran in, easily being one of the oldest ones there, and the only male in the store. I walked deeper into the store to reduce my chances of being seen, heading towards what appeared to be the lip gloss section.

All the while, I could see a lady out of the corner of my eye, zeroing in on me to assist me. They mustve figured since I was a guy I had no idea what I was doing there... and wasn't that the truth, although not for the reason they would suspect.

"Hi" she said, "do you need any help today?"

"Um... no, I'm just looking at..." I hesitated before taking a second look at what was around me "...lipgloss"

I heard Jen let out a loud chuckle. The girl helping me gave me a weird look.

"Did you hear that?" she asked.

"No. Nothing" I said, trying to remain as composed as possible, and I continued talking, taking one of the lip glosses off the shelf, "yeah, I want to buy this... for my girlfriend, of course"

I heard Jen give off a small aw, this time quieter so she wouldn't be heard.

"Excellent choice" the girl said, but of course she'd say that. "Was there anything else you needed help with?"

"No, I think that'll be it for today" I replied and we rang out the mango scented lip gloss, walking out of there as inconspiciously as possible.

"You didn't have to buy that" I heard Jen say.

"Yeah but I wanted to" I replied, "for you... yknow when you're big enough to use it"

"Thanks" she said, "but we should probably get out of the mall, it's only a matter of time before John finds us..."

Realizing she was right, I found a quick way to exit, through one of the side doors and we quickly got back to my car, where I noticed John had parked just beside. It figured he'd tag along. I needed to go somewhere else entirely, somewhere he'd never think to go, which meant Avery Point was out of the question. I know! A movie, a romantic movie date would be perfect but it'd have to be something sappy, something John would never see.

"We should see a movie" I blurted out, as I started my car, with Jen secured in my cup holder as always.

"Yeah, that'd be nice" she said "although I'm a bit hungry too, maybe we could stop somewhere first?"

"Of course" I said, "Whatd you have in mind?"

"I'm sure we'll think of something" Jen said, and that phrase seemed to echo in my mind

I'm sure we'll think of something... that seemed to be the story of my life these days.