- Text Size +

"Tragedy struck our fair city last night." The reporter said on the screen. Morgan had flipped on the TV because it was her day off, and she didn't want to use her phone. And she was glad she did, considering what the news report was on. "Last night, there were violent attacks on three hideouts belonging to local tiny traffickers. It is believed that the attacks were carried out by out-of-town rivals moving into the city." The reporter then gestured behind him at the charred ruins of what were three separate apartment buildings. "This is but one of three similar sights. There are believed to be no survivors of last night's attacks. Massive collateral damage and significant loss of both criminal and civilian life are the trademarks of this new organization. Back to you, Angela.


"Thanks, Bruce." Said the nine-inch morning news anchor. "Police are cracking down on known traffickers and their associates. In addition, it is suspected that the governor will make a statement. The city's mayor has also said to channel 43 news reporters that he will pass new laws to further crack down on traffickers and have current laws more effectively enforced." Morgan looked through her phone, looking up articles and pictures of the other attacks. What she saw was horrific. Sure, gang violence happened in cities, but the wanton slaughter, and the disregard for civilian casualties was something that was new to the area.


"I want to assure the people of our fair and prosperous city." The elderly mayor said. "Whoever is behind these horrific and monstrous attacks against the peace will be found. But until they do, I would advise caution to anyone currently taking care of smaller citizens. This malicious organization may target them, and as we've seen, they are willing to kill anyone they perceive as in the way." Trembling, Morgan exited the news app and called Lomasi. It didn't actually take her long to answer, but it felt like forever in Morgan's frantic and emotional state.


"You've seen the news I take it?"


"Yes, oh God, Lo, this is fucked!"


"Morgan, it's ok. I'm safe. We're safe." Morgan had to take a few deep breaths before continuing.


"I think you should come to stay with David and me for a little while, and while you're here, we should look for a place for both of us to move in together."


"Morgan," Lo said in a stern voice. "I know things are crazy right now, but-"


"No buts! You saw the news! There are cutthroat tiny hunters in town, and you living alone makes you an easy target!" Morgan said down as she began to lose composer. "I can't lose you, not like that. I must keep you safe, please, Lo, don't fight me on this." Morgan wept, breaking down completely.


"Ok, Morgan, I'll come over. And we can discuss my living arrangements tonight after you've had a chance to calm down. Ok?"


"I'm not changing my mind on this." Morgan whimpered out between bouts of tears.


"We'll discuss that later. I love you."


"I love you too. Be safe getting here." Lo then hung up on her. Morgen then thought about everyone she needed to let know about what was going on, then started dialing.


...............................................................................................................................


Lara looked over a map of the city, a frustrated look on her face. This was not how things were supposed to go. Bridget then walked in with an amused smirk on her face.


"Well, you look overly pleased with yourself," Lara said, her disapproval putting her taller subordinate off guard.


"What do you mean? The mission fulfilled all parameters. We rescued all the captives and eliminated all the hunters, and there were no witnesses. So what's the problem?"


"What's the problem!?" Lara then swiped the cell phone she used as a wall monitor. A picture of a headline showing the excessive collateral damage. "Innocent people are DEAD, Bridget! This was supposed to be a surgical strike, in and out, no big fuss, and now we're on the fucking morning news!"


"And did you see the news? Tiny hunting is being punished by big law enforcement, and they will even pass new laws protecting us. Honestly, we should level more buildings. Maybe we can get one of ours in the mayor's offi-"


"Did you fucking hear me, you stupid savage!? Innocent people, children for Christ's sack, I did not approve of this! You and you're team have gone way over the line!" She then swiped the phone on the wall again, showing a list of the identified casualties. She then turned to look a Bridget, tears rolling down from her one good eye. "We are not the animals that bigs say we are. We are human beings, and I expect the people under my command to fucking act like it."


"Lara, we knew the possibility of casualties before we launched the raid. And besides, this is working out unexpectedly well for us. We should be celebrating our success!" Lara then pointed to one of the names on the casualties list, Sara Ambers, age twelve.


"This is not something to celebrate. I am officially putting you on administrative leave and putting you in mandatory therapy. You will return to work only when you are given a clean bill of health."


"Lara, I-"


"Overseer Chaple, we are not on a first name basis for the time being. Now, get, out!" Bridgit froze for a moment or two but did leave the office. The moment she could no longer hear the larger woman's footsteps, she collapsed in her chair, weeping into her hand. Looking up at the list, she didn't care about hunters. She expected them dead. But most of the list were not hunters, and those names would be on her conscience. The wall phone then began to ring, and she answered it. "Hello, Morgan."


"I know you probably already know, but there seem to be some new hunters in town. So I just thought I would call if you need a big person for anything to prepare for what is undeniably going to be a rough time ahead." Lara trembled, guilt filling every fiber of her being. But she was a leader. She knew how to bury her emotions and not let her voice betray her feelings.


"You're compassion is as inspiring as always. But no, at this time, we do not require anything more than what you are already providing. Rest assured, we will be in touch if we need more from you."


"Ok, I think I hear Lo pulling in. Me and her are going to be looking for an apartment later. Have a good day."


"You too." Morgan then hung up, and the moment she did, Lara collapsed in her seat. It was indeed going to be a rough time coming up, but not for the reason that Morgan thought it would be. "God forgive me for what I let transpire because I don't think I ever will."


...............................................................................................................................


"This is the Vindicount residents. My mom is busy flying a cargo carrier for the next few days. Can I take a message?"


"Joey, it's Dave." Joey didn't expect to hear from the big on a Sunday. But his face twisted in disgust as he made assumptions.


"Is this a booty call? Because you missed her by a day."


"This is serious, Joey. Did you hear the news?" Joey shifted a little where he stood. The fourteen-year-old was one of only twenty, maybe twenty-five, people who knew what really happened. and that was only because his mom was one of the piolets that carried out the assault, and she left a last goodbye just in case she didn't make it. Thankfully she did, but now he was in an awkward position.


"Ya, my mom almost didn't leave because she was worried our Enclave might get hit."


"If you or you're mother need a place to stay, just let me know. I know your mother is skittish around bigs she doesn't know, but my sister and friends are good people, and we will protect you if you ask for it."


"Oh, wow, man." Joey was deeply moved. David was the only one of two bigs he truly trusted, and despite the guy sleeping with his mom on a quasi-regular basis, the two of them got along really well. "That means a lot, thanks. Want me to give you the radio frequency to moms bird? She calls the thing she flies a bird, kinda silly to me, but whatever."


"Yes, please. I think I know someone with something I can use to contact her. Your mother has forbidden you from venturing out right now, right?"


"Ya, what of it?"


"Nothing, you should listen to that. If you got grabbed again, I don't think we could save you a second time." Joey knew the added danger wasn't real, but hearing the tone of Dave's voice as he said that was chilling.


"Roger that, tell ma I said hello." Joey then hung up on David, then continued getting ready to head out like he was going to anyway before David called. Most of the Enclave didn't know the truth of what happened. Once the people his mom helped rescue got properly reoriented and integrated into their community, the cat would be out of the bag anyway. It took him about ten minutes to get outside the Enclave. From the outside looking in, it was nothing but a rundown area of the city, so nasty that no one in their right mind would be. And yet, a shadow moved over Joey, and he readied his slingshot, ready to take an eye and flee if necessary.


"Does that thing even hurt?"


"Omin! You have to be more careful about sneaking up on me!" Joey lowered his guard and let the goth teen pick him up. "What if I took my boyfriend's gorgeous eye out?"


"Then I would get a cool eye patch. I saw one in this antique shop that looked like a raven wing. It totally would match my world-weary and tormented soul."


"You're so deep I could fall into you, and no one would ever find me~." Joey swooned, his infatuation with the edgy teen clear on his face.


"Oh, before our ride, do you get the news where ever it is you live?"


"Ya, I know about what happened." Joey felt conflicted. On the one hand, Omin was his boyfriend of one and a half years, and they told each other everything. But on the other, he was a big, he was sympathetic to tinies, but he might not understand how what his mom had to do was necessary. "Crazy, what happened, right?"


"More than crazy. My dad has been working non-stop verifying cohabitation contracts since the news. My mom's been freaking out too." Omin then moved to sit inside the rusty broken-down car the two shared their first kiss in a while back, setting Joey down on the steering wheel. "I've been thinking, and I know this might be a relationship breaker, but you and you're mom might consider getting a cohabitation contract with my family."


"What!?" Joey couldn't believe what he heard, but he heard it all right. Nimo, what the fuck is wrong with you!?"


"First off, Omin, when not around my family. Second, why do you think people are rushing to get contracts verified? These new hunters are killers, and any tiny with an up-to-date contract will likely find their way back home. If you and you're mom was in the system, and they got you, then if someone like a cop finds you-"


"Stop," Joey said sternly, and Omin obeyed. "Under any other circumstances, you would be right about that being a relationship breaker. But I know your are just scared for me, and I appreciate that."


"I just don't want to lose you, man." The big said as he slumped as started to sniffle.


"Hey, your eyeliner is going to run."


"So what? The tear streaks will perfectly reflect the torment of uncertainty that plagues my pain-filled heart."


"Careful, remember what I said about falling into you." Omin then grabbed Joey and held him close, whimpering and choking out tears as he held him. How about we go for that ride, tough guy? Get your mind off of it." Omin nodded, putting the tiny in his shirt pocket, and they rode around the abandoned aria on his electric bike. The two of them did that every other week. Naturally, neither of their parents knew about them, and they dreaded the day they inevitably did. But that day, they didn't think about anything but the bike ride and each other naturally.


...............................................................................................................................


"Mike, I swear to every God there is, if I find out you've had anything to do with this, I will do things to you that your insignificant little mind couldn't possibly imagine!" Penny heard Candie say on the phone in the other room. But she tried to focus on comforting Petra as she was finishing up with a call.


"Thank's again for checking, Morgan. You're a good friend, and I hope you and Lo figure something out about the living situation before too long. Have a good day." Petra then slumped down on the couch, looking at the news as she fidgeted with her hands. Penny, to her credit, was stroking her mistress's ear, which usually worked.


"Don't give me that, gone clean, bull shit! We both know you were born a dirty scumbag and are gonna die as one if you had even had so much as beforehand knowledge of the massacre! You sniveling little worm of a man!" Candie's shouting was starting to get Petra even more upset. Penny couldn't get the slut to shut her mouth under the best circumstances, let alone when she was pissed.


"Mistress, perhaps you should go to the attic. I know the others are quite frightened by today's events and could do with some words of comfort."


"A-Are you sure? I thought th-that Enclave person came around this time. I d-don't want to be a bother." Penny moved to hug the side of her owner's head. Petra returned to gesture with her hand gently pressing against the smaller woman's body.


"You are never a bother, mistress. And this is your home. If they do not enter it just because they know you are there, then screw them."


"I'll... Hide behind some of the boxes, then... That should be out of the way enough..."


"I have ways of getting information out of your people, Mike! I have a medical degree and years of sexual experience I can use to cut and hump my way to the truth! And if I don't like what I find out after going through your entire little gange, you'll get the worst of it!" Thankfully Candie's declarations of malicious intent couldn't carry all the way up to the attic. But unfortunately, there was an entirely different panic happening in the attic.


"Welp, I guess it's off to the medical testing facility for us! Mathew yelled, it seemed he was the first to go hysterical. "I wonder what strange and vile diseases I will be infected with to see if they can cure it with untested drugs!?"


"Mathew, calm down. You're scaring the babies." Vivian scolded, but in a calm and level voice, trying to get the infants in both her arms to relax with a gentle rocking.


"Petra should have just let that snake eat me. Digesting alive is probably the tamest death any of us can hope for at this point." Mathew twitched and looked about wildly.


"You heard the woman, Mathew," Marcuse said. The middle-aged man seemed unable to continue his meditation with the panicking going on.


"Oh, shut up! We can't all be emotionally stunted weirdos who punch the wall and nap all day!"


"Now, now, everyone." They all turned to Petra as she spoke, some startled, not expecting her to come up around the time the Enclave representative was supposed to show up. "I know the recent news has been troubling. But you are all safe with me, and you know that I would do anything to protect you." She got onto her knees and the tinies who needed to gather around her in a group hug. She gently petted them all one at a time, making sure not to leave anyone out. Penny felt just a bit smug, she knew her mistress, and the one thing that could help her feel better was putting her in a position to help others. But the moment was interrupted by a sizeable drone-looking aircraft landing on the balcony. "I'll head behind the boxes, I know they don't much care for people my size."


"Mistress, if I might be so bold, could I leave your side to represent your interests in this?"


"This isn't the UN, Penny."  Petra giggled as she tickled at the top of her pet's little head. "But if you wanted to let everyone know about my decision, go right ahead. Though, I hesitate to go through with it, considering what happened." Petra then sat Penny down before heading over to her hiding place. When the pink-haired woman was out of sight, the little piloting of the flying machine hopped out of the cockpit. Penny took a deep breath when she saw her. The pilot stood at a solid one foot tall, more than twice the size of any of the tinies in Petra's care. But she was representing her mistress, so Penny desperately tried to suppress any fear the intimidatingly larger woman inspired.


"Welcome to our home. I know you flew a long way. Would you like something to-"


"No, thank you. I want to get my bird loaded up and return home." The larger woman said as she walked over to a pile of T-P-S products they had previously paid for. Then, picking up one small box at a time, she moved to load the cargo into her ship.


"Right, right, silly me. But um, my mistress has something she wanted to be discussed."


"No one's stopping you." The larger tiny continued working as Penny just stood there awkwardly.


"Ok, can I have everyone's attention? This concerns all of us." The others crowded around her, making Penny a bit nervous. But she knew her mistress's eyes were on her, which gave her the courage to speak. "The mistress, in her wisdom, has decided that those of us who wish to leave for the Enclaves may do so at their discretion." This made the crowd go wild.


"What!? Now of all times!?" Elizabeth said in disbelief. "Had that hair die finally made her senseless!?"


"Our mistress knows the risks, and so do the rest of us. We are a family, and any of you who do leave will be welcomed back with open arms." She then turned to the larger woman. "She also extended an offer to the Enclave."


"Speak it then." The pilot said, still toiling as she listened.


"She has discussed it with the other members of the Tiny Protection Society, and any tiny that comes into their care who do not adapt well to pet life will be sent to the Elclave." The larger tiny stopped what she was doing, turning to give her full attention. "And the T-P-S invite anyone from the Enclave who wants the safety and comfort of a standard-sized human protector. And offer the use of any shelters under their supervision as a safe place for medical treatment, food, and rest."


"Do you think your owners are the first to try and infiltrate the Elnclaves? Do not think we will fall for such an obvious trap."


"Do not insult my mistress with such accusations, savage! The offer is genuine. Take it to your chieftains or whatever you wild folk answer to. It means nothing to me if you accept my mistress's generous offer or not, but know that it is for you to take if you want it." Everyone was a little shocked at Penny's outburst. The one-foot-tall woman then walked over, getting down on one knee, but even then still loomed over the smaller woman.


"I will deliver your message, lap dog. But if my superiors go along with this, and even suspect foul play... " The larger woman clenched her right fist, making two prongs come out of her knuckles that began to spark and hum with electric malice. "...Then we will show you're owners just what savagery truly looks like." She then stood tall and walked back to her work. "Whoever's coming has the amount of time it takes for me to finish loading up to get on bored." Penny wanted to collapse in terror, she had no idea how many volts were in that psycho's taser fist, but she felt it was enough to kill her. But she waited until she was well behind the pile of boxes where Petra was hiding. When she fell, it was into the waiting hand of her very concerned owner.


"Oh, my sweet little Penny, are you ok?"


"I don't mean to worry you, mistress, but my heart feels like it's going burst out of my chest. That was so intense!"


"Shhh~. There there, little one~. I will keep you safe~." Petra said as she petted her worried little woman.


"E-Excuse me." Petra and Penny looked at who was addressing them. Susan wore her hair short and had the muscles of a boxer. At her original height, she might have been able to kill a man in one punch, but at three inches tall, she might be able to bruise someone Petra's size. "Me, Marcuse, and Drake are leaving with the pilot."


"I wish you the best, Susan. Know that this will always be a home for you, and your bed will be left out if you ever come back, even if just for a night." Petra said, doing her best to remain composed.


"Thanks, for everything I mean. That's why I'm over here. I don't want you to think I'm ungrateful. Fuck, you're the reason I'm alive right now. You care for us better than anyone has ever treated us. But being taken care of and having things done for me is just not my thing. I need to earn what I have, for better or worse, you know?"


"Letting you three go is one of the hardest things I've ever done. Don't misunderstand. I want what's best for you, and if this is it, then go right ahead. But this little family, seeing it drift apart like this, hurts me." Petra started crying, picking up Susan in her free hand, and bringing both her and Penny in for a hug. But she would eventually set her down, and let her and the others go. She hoped that they would be ok. They were the toughest of the lot, so they had a better chance than most. But watching them fly away, tore her apart.


"You did the right thing, mistress," Penny said, doing her best to comfort her owner.


"I know. That doesn't make making go any easier."


...............................................................................................................................


Lomasi didn't much care for the idea of cohabitation. She loved Morgan plenty, but a comfortable home for one of them would be either too cramped or too big for either to function efficiently. Not that now was the best time to make that clear to her larger lover.


"He did not!" Morgan said, Daisy was on the phone with her. From what little she got from only half of the conversation, Jona's third or five hussy got spooked by the massacre and kicked the little guy out to fend for himself. And the worst part, he tried getting back together with Daisy, not for love, but for protection from the new hunters.


"Got the peanut butter. Sorry that it took so long. Cupboards are a little high off the ground, I had to do some climbing."


"Oh, I could have gotten that for you."


"You're not going to be able to babysit me every day, big girl. I can fend for myself, don't worry." She then snuggled up next to Morgan, both dipping crackers into an open jar of peanut butter and eating them while enjoying each other's company.


"Well, I'm glad you decided not to let the bastard back into your life," Morgan said into the phone. "I know it was hard, but he made his choices, and you two finalized the divorce. So if he ends up the main course of some black market dinner table, that's on him. You too, have a good night." Morgan hung up and got right back to snuggling with Lo.


"I'm glad that everyone seems ok. I hope it stays that way."


"Ya, let's just try and forget all that for right now. Nothing exists for the next few hours before bed except for you and me, ok?"


"Sounds good to me." The two decided to watch cartoons while snuggling on the couch, eventually falling asleep in each other's embrace.