- Text Size +

Lo was in one of those interesting situations where she was left to her own devices. Morgan was at work. She had no merchandise to funnel from one place to another. And her entire friend and family groups were busy. So she tried to read one of Morgan's books but couldn't get into it.


"God, woman, just pick either the hot mummy or the hot yeti already! This book series would be cut in half if you weren't such a disloyal cheating bitch!" Lo yelled at the fictional characters, wondering how Morgan could like the garbage book series.


*KNOCK* *KNOCK* Lo heard the door, and a chill ran down her spine. She hadn't been expecting anyone, and she was alone. The two-foot woman usually put on a brave face, but the truth was that she was very small in a world of much larger people who could easily hurt her. She got out what would look like a her-sized cattle prod, letting it charge up as she walked to the door.


"Unless you're selling cookies, we don't want any!" The tiny woman yelled, her weapon making a light ding noise. Letting her know it was charged and ready to incapacitate.


"Dose a Mark Summers live here?"


"You from the government?"


"I'm his uncle, I just wanted to track him down, seeing as my bitch sister's been tight-lipped about him, and his granma's birthday is coming up." Lomasi thought carefully about what she would say next. She had minimal contact with her girlfriend's family. Aside from David, she was led to believe they were all assholes. But this uncle seemed to at least not much care for who she assumed was Morgan's transphobic mother, so he might be on the up and up.


"Give me your number, and I'll give it to them when they get home."


"Much obliged, ma'am. You his gal, or like a made, or something?"


"Ya, we're together." Lo then swiped her phone to the right screen and got to her messages. She saw no point in not just texting the number to Morgan right away. "Ready for that number, sir."


...............................................................................................................................


Morgan, David, and Lomasi sat around the coffee table in David's living room. It was all very quiet, and nobody even touched the blueberry muffins David sat out. It was that tense.


"I don't want to go through what happened when I came out to mom and dad again," Morgan said as she hugged herself. The memory of that day haunted her. The pure venom of her mother's words stung just as terribly at that moment as they did all those years ago.


"They might not reject you, actually."


"And what makes you so sure of that, David?"


"Because they might not even know. Think about it, mom is such an insufferable gossip. Remember when she proudly declared that it was her who hosed that group of carolers for singing about other winter holidays aside from Christmas? So if anyone were going to demonize and talk shit about you to the rest of the family, it would be her. The fact that uncle Rick didn't know about your transition more or less confirms that she is keeping that a secret from them, and she would only do that if telling them would make her look bad."


"Or Rick is as bad as she is."


"We both know that even if he were, he would use your preferred name just to piss mom off. Nothing is sacred in the face of their sibling rivalry, nothing." David then looked a thousand miles away, reliving the tragedy of his and Morgan's fourteenth birthday. It was on that day his innocence died.


"I don't know..." Morgan grumbled, leaning to fall down sideways on the couch. Laying close enough to Lomasi so she could pet her larger lover's curly redhead, said giantess leaned into the petting like a cat, a very adorable sight. "What if I go, and everyone turns on me all at once? I don't know if I could handle that!"


"Then don't go, simple as that." Lo chimed in.


"This is my family, Lo. I don't feel comfortable just cutting them all off just to rather be safe than sorry."


"Well then, me and David will go with you."


"I'm not so sure you know what you're getting into with that. The extended family can be a little... Eccentric."


"Try me."


...............................................................................................................................


Lomasi walked into the log cabin beside her best friend and her lover. The three stories tall building was filled with people. Lo tugged on Morgan's skirt to get her attention.


"Ok, so who is who?"


"Looks like far extended family dominates the ground floor. I only ever met most of these people at events like this. We are going to have to go looking for the people I actually know." Morgan said as she held Lo's hand, guiding her through the crowd. They didn't see her parent's car out front, but that didn't mean they weren't lurking about. But then they saw the woman of honor herself, Martha Summers. Morgan had actually modeled parts of her transition on old pictures of her grandmother at her age. Giving the two many similarities.


"No, no, no! I told you I'm not selling my family land, no matter how often you call." Martha barked at the phone. The Morgan's family tended to marry and have kids at a young age, so her grandmother was only in her sixties, and aside from the noticeable wrinkles, she was still in good shape for her age. "Now, piss off! You're ruining my birthday!" The older woman then hung up angrily before her gaze turned to her grandchildren, and she got right back to smiling. "Davey!" She said while walking over and giving him a great big hug. "It's been way too long since I've seen you, Davey!"


"Nice to see you too, Granma," David said, returning the hug.


"That's your grandmother!?" Lo said a little too loud, the three larger people looking down at the slack-jawed tiny. "Good God, you're gorgeous, ma'am! Like, drop dead, milfylicious! If I wasn't in a committed relationship with your granddaughter, I might just-" The two-foot terror was then silenced with a smack to the back of her head from her girlfriend.


"Lo! What the fuck is wrong with you!? You lust-crazed imp!" Lo slumped sheepishly while looking up at Morgan and rubbing the now sore back of her head. Martha just gave a deep-bellied laugh at the entire display.


"Well, good to know I still got it in the looks department, I suppose!? But sorry to disappoint you, little one, but I'm also spoken for. But knowing the old fart, he would probably be ok with it as long as he got to watch!" The pretty older woman said as she continued laughing so hard that it was starting to make her cough a bit. On the other hand, Morgan and David turned very uncomfortably red in the face at the implication of their elder's words.


"For fucks sake, Granma! We're standing right here!" Morgan screamed as she did her best not to form the mental image of her girlfriend and her grandmother getting it on.


"Sorry, sorry, I- Wait, who are you? I thought all the grandkids got here already except for..." Morgan became very uncomfortable with the way her grandmother looked her over. It seemed that she was starting to understand who she was looking at slowly but surely, confirming it by pinching the younger woman on the ear, who responded by backhanding her arm away.


"What did I do to deserve that, Granma!?"


"Jesus, it really is you, Mark..."


"It's M-Morgan now, actually..." Morgan instinctively took Lo's hand as her grandmother continued looking her over.


"Sorry for staring, but... Fuck, you are a beautiful woman."


"Really?" Morgan straightened up a bit, not expecting anything less than hostility. Her elder's compliment took her off guard but in a welcome way.


"Yes, you do. So now you have to tell me, was this on purpose, or did you piss off an old Romani woman? They tend to do stuff like this."


"Well, at least you didn't use the G slur, but that was still pretty racist, Gran. Be better."


"Oh, just answer the damned question, woman." Martha huffed while crossing her arms. She had just had a stressful talk on the phone and did not feel like being lectured by who she considered a child, even if she was right to call her out.


"Yes, this was on purpose. I spent a lot of money to finally look on the outside how I feel on the inside."


"Honestly, I kinda feel silly not seeing this coming," Martha said as she seemed to be finished taking in her descendant's appearance finally. "The way you always wanted to watch while your mother and I put our make-up on, how you would go on about which cartoon princesses dress was best and why, it was obvious looking back on it." The embarrassed smile on her grandmother's face filled Morgan with so much relief and joy it was practically pouring out of her.


"You're taking this so much better than mom did. I was kinda worried you would be just as harsh about it." Martha's expression turned cold all of a sudden. The whiplash was kinda disturbing.


"My youngest hasn't been treating her own with understanding, has she?"


"N-No, ma'am. She got outraged and threw me out of the house. She said I was dead to her and that she'd rather I had come out of her dead than turn out as I have." Morgan teared up a bit, practically hearing her mother shouting at her in the back of her mind, calling her all sorts of nasty things. But the memory was quickly banished as her grandmother pulled her in for a mighty hug.


"I'm so sorry that happened to you. To think my little girl was capable of such cruelty, I would never have believed if it hadn't come from you or David. I hope you know that you still have family that loves and supports you, no matter what." New tears formed in Morgan's eyes, this time of joy. She had feared the worst when she arrived at her grandmother's cabin, but in one act of basic human decency, Martha banished all dought and fear from the grandchild's mind. "Let's go reintroduce you to the family. I know your grandfather will just adore the new look!"


"Really, I didn't think Grampy enjoyed anything?"


"Clearly, he had never invited you to go see a musical."


...............................................................................................................................


"For the last time, I don't mostly wear flannel because I'm a lesbian!" Morgan said as she swigged down another drink. She had tried to pace herself, but her cousins could be so annoying. Klark and Kary really lived up to the identical twin stereotypes. One being a feminine man and the other being a tomboy. If not for Kary's well-developed rack, they would be hard to tell apart.


"Then why predominantly wear it then?"


"It's not like you look good in it, so why wear it?" The two said in quick succession, they mastered the art of people not being able to tell which one was talking if you weren't paying attention.


"Hey! My baby looks great in flannel! Look at how those knockers look under buttons!" Lo said, valiantly defending her lover's style to the detriment of her dignity.


"Lo! For fucks sake, do I have to put you with the children!" Morgan said while pointing to a play area that was set up in the corner. Over two dozen toddlers ran around in a caged-off area. At the center of which, Morgan's great-grandmother sat in a rocking chair with a singe around her neck, saying not to ask her political opinion.


"Try it, and I'll have the munchkins organized into a gorilla fighting force in the hour. Don't think I won't."


"What an adorable couple you make." Kary's said.


"Much better chemistry than with that pink girl. Whatever happened to Petra anyway?" Klark said the moment his sister stopped talking.


"She joined a group of tiny rights activists. Ironically owning enough of them to be able to live off the government checks, I hear she's getting better, but we haven't talked in a bit."


"Oh, that does seem like her." Morgan wasn't looking directly at them, so God knows which twin was speaking.


"She was always so fascinated by the little ones. I can see the appeal, having a little pet myself."


"We share him, dearest brother mine. And it's about time you give him back. My poor little one never gets properly taken care of when he's with you." Kary said in a mock heartbroken tone. "All junk food and candy, you're going to give him diabetes!"


"This is why he likes me more than you, beloved sister~," Klark said as he booped his twin on the nose. "I'm the fun one~."


"You two aren't keeping him against his will, right?" Both twins looked at Morgan with the slightest bit of panic in their eyes.


"No, no, not at all!"


"Eric is as free as a bird. Hand to God!"


"How do I know you- Wait? Eric Stans? That guy you both, had a crush on and competed to try and get to be your boyfriend? Ok, now I know you're probably not keeping him of his own volition! You two were obsessed with the guy!"


"I am offended by that implication!" The twins said in unison. Only then did Morgan notice that the two were switching seats every time she wasn't looking. Probably just to confuse her, they really were just too into being twins.


"Oh, I imply nothing! I am acus-SHIT!" Morgan screamed as she turned and used one hand to hide her face from the direction she was pointing before. Everyone then looked to see who she was hiding from.


"Is that who I think it is?"


"If you think that particular stain on humanity is one Gwen Summers, then yes." Lo got a good look at the woman who gave her lover life, and she looked very much the stereotype of one of those Karens who would pull her kids out of public school because the gym teacher had a ponytail. Somehow the forty-three-year-old looked older than her mother did. It must be stressful being a nasty bitch.


"Dose she always look like someone just farted in her face?"


"Na, she usually just has resting judging you face. But, if I had to guess, Grama and Grampy had just finished telling her off," Klark said as he finished his drink, Kary pouring him another.


"Oh fuck my life, she's coming over here."


"Shit! Do I have time to run!?"


"No, she would spot you right away," Kary said before turning to the tiny she had been drinking with. "Lo was your name, right? Keep my cousin's face covered until bitchzilla leaves."


"On it!"


"Wait, what are you-YEEP!" Morgan was cut off by her little lover pouncing on her like a wildcat, pinning her upper body to the far end of the table as she mounted and started kissing her. But there was little passion in it. She was just keeping her body between Morgan's most recognizable feature and her wicked mother's eyes.


"Hey, double-k's, you seen my twins?" Gwen asked, her disdain and malice clear in her voice.


"David is up that way."


"But we haven't the foggiest were your, DAUGHTER, is though. Sorry to disappoint, aunty." Gwen literally snarled like a dog at the reinforcement of her child's true gender.


"So, I see he's gotten to you too. Probably made me out to be some kind of monster. Why can't you lot see that I'm the victim here?"


"Maybe because your not?" The twins said in unison, giving their aunt the stink eye before turning back to their drinks.


"Good luck being invited to Thanksgiving, by the way."


"Or getting a Christmas gift from anyone in the close family, for that matter."


"Geerrr!" The middle-aged woman huffed before stomping away. "If that brat thinks he can get me ostracized from my family, little punk has another thing coming! He wants to be a bitch, then I'll treat him like a little bitch when I get my hands on him!" Lo waited until she could no longer hear the self-righteous whining of the disgruntled hag before hopping off of her now very flustered girlfriend.


"Well, that was a close one! You ok, baby?"


"I... Um... We should probably try slipping out of here while we can."


"It was great seeing you again! please visit!" Klark and Kary said in unison as the emotionally confused lesbian grabbed her tiny lover by the hand and got the hell out of there.