- Text Size +

"Knock knock, can I come in?" Polly asked, seeming a bit nervous.


"Oh, sure, I'm not doing anything. I actually wanted to talk to you about something." Polly then entered Lo's office through the little mouse hole they had installed when it became clear that she would be staying. They had little staircases on all the counters and tables for her. But at the little woman's request, she would be picked up and placed on surfaces by her larger housemates when optional, which Lomasi did before continuing the conversation. "So, what's up?"


"Well, my exercise channel is getting enough views that I'm getting sponsorship requests." Lo's jaw dropped the moment she heard that.


"OMG! Congratulations, how should we celebrate?"


"Cookies and cocoa, but I needed your help first. I know you sell herbal remedies, so I wondered if you knew which ones sponsors were actually healthy."


"Ok, tell me who's asked you to shill their shit." Lo then listened closely to the names and became immediately concerned. "So, the first one is rat poison disguised as vitamins, and the next three are just mild aphrodisiacs that make you feel good but do not actually help you get healthy. But the last two are actually beneficial, but you should emphasize that they are supplements to diet and exercise, not a replacement. I actually sell the off-brand version of the last one on my e-store."


"Jesus!" Polly exclaimed, just as shocked by the information as she was by how casually Lomasi gave it to her. "Aren't there government agencies that are supposed to regulate that sort of thing!?"


"Legally, yes. But dirty lobbying from companies who want to use cheap but hazardous chemicals means that the agencies responsible for punishing people who do that are underfunded to the point of being ineffectual. Capitalism is a charming system, ain't it?" Polly took a moment to sit down and process that information.


"The world of self-health is a much darker place than I thought it was... So, you said you also wanted to talk about something?"


"Actually, well, this is a bit embarrassing now," Lo said with a bearly noticeable blush on her cheeks. "I was wondering if we could do a sponsorship deal. Nothing weird or anything! Just expanding my inventory with exercise equipment with your name on it, and you using it in your videos and saying other people can buy it at my shop!"


"Oh, ya ok. That sounds good to me. We can look over s-" They then heard the front door open and the groaning of someone who had a very long day at work. "Oh, Morgan's home. Mind carrying me to the living room to greet her?"


"Sure thing." Lo then casually grabbed up the tiny and went to go see Morgan collapse face down on the couch groaning like a zombie. "Did my big girl have a bad day at work?" The two-foot woman asked as she sat down next to her exhausted lover.


"You have no idea..." Morgan said before rolling over onto her back and grabbing Lomasi, pulling her in to cuddle her like a teddy bear, not seeming to notice Polly falling right onto her cleavage. "Me and three other air controllers spent at least three hours yelling at some hotshot piolet who decided every flight regulation in the book didn't apply to him. Fucker almost crashed at least six other planes, and into the airport! I feel ten years older just having gone through that, and I need emergency cuddles."


"Coming right up~," Lo said as she comforted her emotionally drained partner. Moving Polly out of the way before snuggling on top of Morgan, seeing how flustered the poor tiny got just being on a pretty girl's chest, being smooshed between the two of them might make her explode. Just then, Morgan's phone started going off, earning an angry groan as she answered it.


"Daisy, I swear to God, this better be good."


"Sorry if this is a bad time, but I have a big favor to ask, and I wouldn't be asking you unless all my other options weren't available."


"You really know how to butter me up, flower girl," Morgan growled as she rubbed her eyes with her spare hand. "Ok, I'll bite. What do you need help with?"


"I need you to... pose as my girlfriend at Rose's basketball game." Morgan sat straight up, almost knocking her smaller companions over as she did.


"Could you say that again, slower, enunciating as you do?"


"Look, creeps think single moms are desperate enough to sleep with anyone, no matter how much one would insist otherwise," Daisy said in a very annoyed tone. "So it would just be easier if I pretend I'm in a relationship with someone."


"Fuck..." Morgan said as she rubbed her eyes. "Ok, what day is it?"


...............................................................................................................................


Morgan had absolutely no idea what was going on. She knew enough to know that her side was winning, but that was about it.


"YOU GO, ROSE! DUNK THAT BRAT!" Daisy screamed as she waved their hometown team's red and purple flags. The middle-aged woman was half a beer in, her face was painted in team colors, and she beamed with pride for her only child. "Reff, you fracking blind!? That blond kid is roughhousing!"


"Wait a second..." Morgan squinted her eyes. Something was familiar about the kid. "No way..." The exasperated ginger looked around the crowd of the visiting team, and just facepalmed. "How the hell does this keep happening!?"


"What keeps happening?" Morgan pointed at the answer to her friend's question across the field. And Daisy just rolled her eyes. She had hoped she would never have to see that particular family ever again.


...............................................................................................................................


Candie knew she should probably be paying attention to the game, but Petra was more than enthusiastic enough for the both of them.


"GO, Raddlsnakes!" The normally pink-haired screaming woman had changed her usual dye to have her hair the black and green of their team colors. But more extravagantly, on her lap was a tray where she had some of her more athletic pets dressed up as cheerleaders, jumping about and waving pom-poms. While on Candie's lap, her son Ezil had a team flag that he was just nonsensically waving about, more for the fun of waving a flag than in support of his big sister.


"Oh, did we finally get a point or something?" Candie half-heartedly asked, looking at her news app more than the field.


"Diana just tossed the ball from halfway across the court and scored! But you would know, if you were paying attention to your little girl's first local championship game!" Petra said as she gave her sister a whack in the back of her head with a flag, then joined by Ezil, who started tapping his mother in the shoulder with his flag.


"Clare knows I'm proud of her, and I am paying attention to-"


"GET YOUR FUCKING HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS, ZOWY!" Candie then locked her eyes on the team bench, seeing the coach yelling at one of the girls on his team. "IF YOU DON'T START MOVING YOU'RE USELESS SELF ON THE COURT! THEN YOU ARE OFF MY TEAM! GOT THAT, YOU LITTLE BITCH!" The small child standing before the much larger man was shaking as she started to sob.


"Leave her alone, you fat-ass drunk!" Clare said, standing up for her teammate, and showing no fear before the clearly intoxicated man.


"Hold this. I'll be back in a bit." Candie said as she sat Ezil down on Petra's lap, the tiny cheerleaders bearly having enough time to get out of the way as she walked off. Her little man waved by as Candie made her way toward the screaming.


"SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH, LOCKET! IF I WASN'T ALREADY IN TROUBLE WITH THE SCHOOL BOARD, I'D-" The coach took a deep gasp as Candie dug her thumbs into the sides of his neck. Not hard enough to cut mind you, just enough to cut off blood circulation to his brain. He passed out in moments. All the children looked on in horror, aside from Clare, who just seemed annoyed. Candie then picked the cap off of the unconscious slob's head, adjusted it, and put it on the head.


"Ok, kiddos, I'm going to be straight with you. I am still trying to figure out how this game works. But I've been in and out of enough locker rooms to make an educated guess on most things. Any questions?" A little black girl raised her hand, her eyes still locked on the limp body on the floor. "Yes, Vitani?"


"Did you just kill coach?" Candie responded with what had to be the girliest giggle in years.


"Oh, sweetie, you can't just go around killing people just for being jerks! I just noticed that coach was a bit grumpy, so I helped him get his nappy poo." The girls could not pull their eyes away from the bearly breathing body of the man they had become accustomed to being berated by. Only breaking eye contact when Candie loudly clapped her hands, making them jump a bit. "Anyone need a juice box before getting back out there?"


...............................................................................................................................


"Candie made a surprisingly good coach," Daisy said as she dug into her ice cream. Both teams were taken out to ice cream after the game, one out of celebration and the other in consultation. "If they weren't so far behind before she took charge, they might have won!"


"Rather saintly of that guy she knocked out not pressing charges too," Morgan said right after gulping down a spoonful of mint ice cream. Both looked at the crowds that filled the rather cramped ice cream bar, parents congratulating or comforting their children. Rose and Clare made faces at each other as the former returned from the buffet table with an intimidatingly large bowl of ice cream.


"I don't like her," Rose said as she sat beside her mother.


"And I don't like how big a bowl you got," Daisy exclaimed. "Unless you got your hands on an extra stomach or two, you're not going to finish that." But before the child could retort, the rather unwelcome presence of Candie was inflicted upon them.


"Hope I'm not interrupting anything." She said with as friendly a smile she could muster.


"Actually we-"


"Good, because I need to talk to you about something," Candie said, interrupting Daisy as she waved her to follow her to a secluded corner. Daisy begrudgingly got up to follow, leaving Rose and Morgan alone in awkward silence.


"So... How's being seven?" Morgan said awkwardly.


"It's ok, not great, but I'm not complaining," Rose said as she started digging away at her ice cream. "So how are you and that short lady gonna have a baby since you're both girls?" Morgan hacked up the spoonful she was halfway done swallowing, not expecting such a question. "Because I was told that you can only make a baby with a mommy and a daddy, but Billy has four dads, so there has to be a way, right?" Rose asked, seeming unaware or uncaring at how awkward she had just made the table.


"Well... You see... The thing about that..." Morgan was screaming internally. What the hell was she supposed to say!? "Sometimes, parents can't take care of their kids for one reason or another, so they have to go live with someone else."


"So you'll have to adopt?"


"Yes, exactly."


"Then why didn't you just say that? You grown up's can be really silly sometimes, you know that?" Rose said, rolling her eyes as she continued to eat her food. Morgan groaned hard, relieved when Daisy came back.


"So what did she want? Anything appropriate for young ears?" Morgan asked, noticing Daisy looked somewhat shaken.


"Rose..." Daisy said to her daughter, seeming to try and find the strength to say what she needed to say. "Your father will come back to live with us for a little while."


"REALLY!?" The little girl beamed with joy, in stark contrast to how dower the two adult women were.


"What happened?" Morgan asked, waiting patiently for Daisy to respond in her own time.


"Jona's choice of romantic partners seemed to have backfired on him. Gold diggers and sugar babies bleeding him dry, and well... If I didn't buy him, someone else would have."


"Jesus, he dug quite the grave for himself, didn't he?"


"And I'm sure he will be very grateful for me saving him from the consequences of his actions." After that sarcastically bitter comment from Daisy, the table went quiet. The rest of the ice cream party was spent in awkward silence, at least from those three.