- Text Size +

Morgan started her morning, as usual, stumbling out of bed like a zombie, bumping into things, and feeling wrong about her morning wood. Finally, she managed the find her way into the kitchen but found a pot of coffee already made and a cup filled with a folded note next to it.


"Oh, David, how sweet~!" Morgan muttered out as she clumsily made her way over to the cup, and took a long, slow drink of the reinvigorating beverage. Then, feeling just a bit more alive, she picked up the folded note. "Behind you?" She read out loud before looking at the kitchen table properly, nearly jumping out of her skin and spilling a drip or two of coffee as she did.


"Sleep well, Morgan?" Lara said before taking a small sip from her own appropriately sized mug. The three-inch woman was lounging in the cockpit of what looked like a heavily modified drone. The marvel of a machine looked like over a dozen different unrelated devices were torn apart and put back together to make what was essentially a tiny flying car.


"Holy fuck! Who are you, and is this a robbery!?"


"I would have thought the eyepatch, at the very least, would have made me a bit more memorable. But still, you're not really a morning person, so I'll forgive you."


"What are you-" Morgan's brain finished waking up at last, and the memories began returning. "Oh, I remember you! Loril, right, from the movie theater?"


"It's Lara, actually. But that was quite some time ago, so again, not made you don't remember."


"Well, it's nice to see you are ok. Better than ok if you're ride is any indication. But what the holy hell are you doing in my kitchen!?"


"Please have a seat so that we can discuss just that." Morgan slowly got her coffee and a blueberry bagel and sat down across from the tiny woman. Keeping her eyes on the little woman as she started spreading peanut butter on the bagel. "You're not even going to toast that first?"


"I have no time for a proper breakfast and talking before work."


"Ah, yes, you're job, air traffic control. I suppose that can be a rather exciting job?"


"Normally, if things get exciting, that means something is wrong."


"Right, right, how silly of me!" Lara said in a bit of a girly giggle like she didn't just break into someone's home and make them coffee. "But I am curious about those flight schedules, are they made daily or weekly?"


"Why would you need to know that?"


"Ok, I'll play it straight with you." The tiny then sat down her drink and looked Morgan dead in the eye. "We want to add you to our list of allies."


"Like David?"


"Exactly," Lara said while snapping her finger and pointing at the giant ginger. "Let me ask you something, how far do you think the Enclave's reach is?"


"Maybe, half the city at most?"


"Every free tiny community in this city and the surrounding suburbs, as well as a few countryside outposts, are members of the Enclave. All entitled to a fair distribution of resources, manpower, and protection."


"Fuck." Morgan was slack-jawed. It was like having an entirely separate nation living just under the floorboards. "I knew that you guys and gals were organizing, but wow."


"Not bad for a people treated like a commodity at best, and vermin at worst." A bit of a smug smile grew on Lara's face. She had been one of the few responsible for the complete integration of the other factions. But that smile quickly vanished. "Wish I could say things are peachy, but we are still struggling. And that is where you come in."


"What?! Don't get me wrong, I'd love to help, but-"


"A blueprint of the airport, a consistently updated flight schedule, and a complete rundown of the places security." Morgan's face went white as a sheet. She was not really able to prosses what she heard. "Asking a bit much of you, are we?"


"A bit!? Do you know what could happen to me if I got caught!? I could get charged with attempted terrorism, processed through military court, and shipped off to an unnamed facility to have God only knows done to me!" Morgan screamed at the top of her lungs, adrenalin banishing any leftover sleepiness she had more than coffee ever could. "What on earth would make you think I would be willing to do that!?"


"Equality for everyone under the law," Lara said calmly, taking a deep drink. "There are other tiny communities outside our little neck of the woods, you know. Some are doing even better than we are, most not so much. Suppose we can get aid to those struggling communities, help them like we are here, and make the Enclave a national rather than regional organization. In that case, we could start to make more significant progress in forcing the powers to acknowledge us. Of course, we understand the risks to you and the people we will be sending in..." Lara then decided to emphasize her point by taking off her eyepatch, making Morgan's blood run cold at seeing what it was hiding. "...But the risk is worth it. I don't hold out any hope of things getting better in my lifetime, but if what we do today ensures that what happened to me never happens to anyone else in the future, then I have to try."


"Fucking hell," Morgan said more to herself than anyone else. "You really know how to inspire folks into going along with whatever you say, don't you?"


"Being convincing is a skill I had to pick up, oh, five or seven scars ago, to survive. So I take it you're in?"


"How the hell could I not be after all that!? But just out of curiosity, what if I said no?"


"Then nothing, you would never hear from us again, except maybe a passing comment from your brother."


"Really?" Morgan said in an unconvinced tone. "After that whole speech about how important this is, you wouldn't have strong-armed me into it?"


"What, you expected me to suddenly reveal Lomasi being dangled over a pit of acid?" Lara giggled a bit as she put her eyepatch back on. "We're not the bad guys here, Morgan. The only reason we would ever use threat or force is if lives were in danger, you don't have to worry about a swarm of tinies getting you Guliver style."


"Strange you would jump to getting me bound and at your mercy first, but ok," Morgan said as she finished her coffee. "You should probably explain to me precisely what the plan is, you know before I come to my senses.


"Ok, here's how this is going to go..."


...............................................................................................................................


"Wow, hold on there, toots. What's in the box?"


"And a jolly good morning to you too, Bruce," Morgan said as she opened the box, revealing at least two dozen cupcakes with frosting that said happy birthday. "It's Dasy's b-day, and I was just going to leave these in the break room for everyone to have two or three."


"You know I'm going to have to confiscate that, right?"


"That's bull!" Morgan said, stomping her foot. "Lamiras had a full ice cream cake delivered to the break room last month!"


"Exactly, delivery through official channels is acceptable. Homemade food brought in is not." The older man said as he took the box from Morgan. "Shame too, your brother makes a mean cake."


"Oh, we both know you're not going to throw them away. Your just going to go straight to the security station so you and the rest of that boy's club can stuff your faces while you drool over women's asses on the security cameras!"


"Two things wrong with that statement. First, we had a new hire, a pretty young blond, forget her name. And second, we check out tits too!" Morgan scowled at the grin the security guard gave her. No matter how often he and his possy were reported to HR, the perves seemed immune to being fired. "On that note, your journey into femininity is progressing quite nicely. Who did your rack? My wife is looking into getting some work done."


"Looking into, or being pressured into by her dirt-bag husband?"


"And now, I'm taking your treats on principle. Now get out of here before I find an excuse to strip search you."


"Pig!" Morgan spat at his feet before moving on with her day, and just as predicted, he went straight to the building's security center with the goodies.


"Hey, guys, that trans bitch tried to bring in some cupcakes for the fat girl!" The bastards then handed out the ill-gotten goods, stuffing their greedy faces. "Hey, weres the new girl?"


"Patroling, you can see her on camera twelve. Damn, she's got a fine ass, wouldn't mind it on my fa- Uge, what is that?" Everyone started grabbing their guts, and farting and grunting filled the room.


"Fucking bitch must have been the one to make those instead of her brother. Call for a guard rotation. I'm about to shit myself and by the looks of it, so are you guys!"


"The replacements won't be here until fifteen minutes!"


"I'm going to paint the walls brown in fifteen seconds!"


"Fuck that, every man for himself!"


"There aren't enough stalls! We'll use the urinals and sinks if we have to!" The room was soon empty, and the moment the security door was sealed, the box's false bottom was pushed off, and Bridgit's team climbed out with their equipment.


"Ok, team, you heard the bigs! We only have fifteen minutes! Get moving!" USBs were plugged into outlets, and computer experts worked to fill them with as much relevant data as possible, security codes, blueprints, surveillance footage, employee information, and naturally making a backdoor for future hacking when necessary. Bridgit didn't understand any of it, but she knew how to breathe down someone's neck just right to get them to hurry up. That was really all you needed to know to work in middle management. They managed to get everything they could in nine minutes and were ready to get back into hiding, when the door suddenly opened.


"What the? Freeze!" A young blond woman in a security uniform ordered as she pulled out her taser, pointing it at the Enclave infiltrators.


"Shit! I thought we had more time!"


"Not another word, Thumbelina! I don't know what you're doing here, but this has enough volts to drop a man three times my weight. It would get real messy in here if I used it on you-" The blond gasped a deep breath, clutching at her chest as she started sweating profusely. "Whats... Happening...? Can't... Breath..." She whimpered out as her clothes became looser and looser, her body losing inches as she collapsed onto the floor, twitching. Bridgit carefully made her way down, leaping from counter to chair and then to the floor. She then made her way to the small naked figure gasping and twitching in the neck hole of the shirt she was just wearing. The guard stopped shrinking at about four inches, passing out from the trauma of the size reduction.


"Well, can't leave you here for those bigs to find, even if you didn't see us." She then tossed the sweaty woman over her shoulder and parcord her way back onto the desk. "Someone help me tie her up and gag her. If she wakes up at an inconvenient time, we might as well bend over and spread'em." The replacements came in soon after they had been hidden away. From how they talked about what they would do with their shrunken coworker if they found her, Bridgit only became more vindicated in her prejudice against anyone taller than two feet. The box they were in was thrown away, and as soon as they were tossed into the dumpster, they got out and waited for pickup at the designated location.


...............................................................................................................................


"She didn't!"


"Oh yes, she did!" Morgan said, taking a break from talking to her work friend Dasy to finish off her soda. "Right in front of everybody, like it was no big deal!"


"That girl of yours sounds like a real handful."


"You have no idea, don't get me wrong, I will die for that woman. But Lo's situational awareness really needs work if I am ever going to take her to another Chines buffet."


"And on that note, here's my stop. See you tomorrow, and thank you so much for showing me the ropes. I would be lost without you."


"Oh, none of that! You're a natural, have a good night!" Morgan got into her car, seeing Lara waiting for her in the passenger seat. The tiny looked practically like an action figure the way she was sitting on the too large for her seat.


"You have what we need?"


"Ya, right here." She handed the thumb drive off to the tiny. It was so big she had to hold it awkwardly. "So what happens now?"


"Now, we do what we can to get help to and from other communities. You just need to keep us updated on flight information. Aside from that, nothing much on your end."


"Right..." Morgan shifted uncomfortably in her seat, and her tiny passenger noticed.


"If you're worried about getting caught-"


"No, it's not that. I mean, I am worried about that, but..." Morgan tried to find the best way to ask, but there wasn't one, at least not for what she wanted. "I reacquainted myself with someone, and she has... A strong interest in people like you. Her social media pants her as a benevolent caretaker, but, um, oh boy, how do I even ask?"


"We already have eyes on Petra. So far, she is every bit as kind as she presents herself. If not eccentric, controlling, possessive, sizist, and fetishizing the pet owner relationship enough to seriously trigger some of my worst memories. But aside from that, she isn't going to kill anyone, so we will just leave the door open for her pets to escape if they want to. Nothing much more we can do aside from that."


"Oh, wow, ok. I suppose you would have looked up anyone I knew if you were going to work with me."


"Indeed, but you're sweet for asking. If you think you see anyone around our size in trouble and you can't get directly involved, you can give us a text."


"But I don't have yo-" Morgan's phone then buzzed. Looking at it, she saw a number was texted to her. "Right, so are you going to be waiting in my car for me after every shift or-" Morgan looked up from her phone, only to discover Lara just vanished into thin air. "Did, did I just get Batmaned?" Morgan, confused and a little scared, just drove home and tried to think happy thoughts.