- Text Size +

The Jupiter gene, which gives rise to Jupiter females.


Its existence establishes the very foundation of the world. It is ingrained in every inch of humanity’s history, science, mythology, politics, culture, and society. It is an undeniable, unshakable, inherent truth.


Ever since ancient times, about 50% of all females have carried the Jupiter gene—aptly named after the largest planet in our solar system. This gene activates at about age 10 in most females... and causes them to gradually grow to between 10-20 feet at their full height. Unsurprisingly, Jupiter females are the dominant phenotype on the planet, beating out not only the males, but their smaller female counterparts as well. Some extremists even go as far as to view these minigiantesses as their own separate race.


Due to their inherent domination of life on Earth... most buildings, roads, attractions, parks, and practically every other form of physical infrastructure is built to suit the largest of the Jupiter females (they are the highest percentage of construction workers, after all). Additionally, Jupiter females hold almost all lawmaking and political power in the world—reigning as the heads of countries, holding most of the positions in legislatures and courts, and even owning most major corporations. However, of course, there are certain communities and cities that are designated towards normal women and men. Think of Chinatowns, but for regularly sized people. However, these communities consist of a relatively small amount of the populated world, so anyone who wishes to make something of themselves is almost required to step out into areas populated by Jupiter females, and to interact with the amazons. As a result, every Jupiter female populated area on Earth is also inhabited by normal sized humans.


Whether it's deciding to go to college, get a job, or otherwise just expand one’s horizons... deciding to step out into a world inhabited by Jupiter females can seem like a daunting task. As such… an operation known as the Buddy System has arose in the recent century, recognized by almost every country around the globe. This is a construct that is essential to the success—and sometimes, even the safety and survival—of normal sized men and women among minigiantesses.


Essentially, before or upon engaging with the Jupiter world, it is the immediate goal of every normal sized human to meet a Jupiter female they trust to a high degree. If both parties consent, after piles of paperwork and contracts, the Jupiter female and regular sized human are legally bound together under the Buddy System.


The thought process behind the system is that consistently associating with, being in the presence of, and being under the protection of a Jupiter female will serve to spare smaller humans from the oppression, harassment, and even violence that may befall upon them from much less... open-minded minigiantesses. Not every Jupiter female is accepting of smaller humans, and if they so decide to inflict their will onto them, there is absolutely no chance that the smaller person will be able to fight back… and a decent chance that the Jupiter female will not actually be punished. Buddying up with an accepting Jupiter female mitigates the impact of those crueler amazons.


Almost every human alive is aware of the Buddy System, and Jupiter females and normal sized humans may take it to varying degrees. For example, more reserved or stand-offish, brash amazons may agree to Buddy up with a normal sized human, but only in public affairs. In this case, the two parties have their own separate private lives, but the Jupiter female will assist their normal sized Buddy in landing jobs, getting into schools and colleges, etc. On the other side of the spectrum, more caring, doting Jupiter females will involve themselves in every single aspect of their Buddy's life. In this case, the two parties will move in together, the Jupiter female will act as their legal guardian, etc. In some cases, the two Buddies may move across the spectrum across the course of their relationship, with the Jupiter female fluctuating from varying degrees of protectiveness.


Last but not least, the Buddy System strives to pairs two individuals together for life. If all things go well, neither the Jupiter female nor the smaller human should have any desire to leave each other, though they legally can if they so wish. Due to this lifelong aspect of the Buddy System… it is not uncommon for it to result in romantic relationships! About 60% of Buddy pairs wind up marrying each other at some point in their lives.


However, a romantic relationship was the last thing on Aya’s mind as she paced the living room of her father’s house, head in her hands.


Aleena signed her up for the Buddy System? She wasn’t ready at all for that! She had lived most of her life out in the sticks! She just moved back into civilization a day ago! She didn’t know how things operated around here! Much less how to be “buddies” with someone!


But wait… Aya paused for a moment before she quickly reached for the nearby home phone. Mr. Matsui’s house had two home phones—one suited for regular sized humans, and one suited for Jupiter females. Aya of coursed reached for the latter… but it was obviously still made with someone of Aleena’s size in mind. As such, the taller sibling’s hand absolutely engulfed the comparatively tiny device, which was about the same length as her thumb. Realizing that she would have to hold it in a more delicate way, Aya began to hold it between just her thumb and index fingers, as if she were holding up a coin.


Though she would never admit this to anyone, it took Aya about one minute to dial her sister’s number, due to the fact that her fingers were much too large for the keypad. She started out trying to use the very tips of her fingers, but they only managed to hit two or three keys at a time. Quickly, she realized that she’d have to use the very tips of her fingernails instead, but this still required intense dexterity, with the nails still managing to hit two keys on the tiny pad. 


However, it finally did get the job done. After Aya frantically hit the “dial” button, the phone didn’t even ring once before Aleena picked up. Though it seemed that she was aware of her younger sister’s sense of urgency… Aleena was still suppressing some light chuckles as she answered.


“What the fuck is wrong with you.” Aya said harshly as she awkwardly held the phone up to her ear. Due to her isolation while growing up, she had almost no filter, and didn’t mince words at all. She had no reason for such things her entire life. Additionally, she felt like she was close to breaking the phone between her fingers… but she needed to hear out what Aleena was going to say.


“Okay, okay!” Aleena spoke in a clearly amused voice. “See, this is why I only told you right before I left. I didn’t want you killing me over it! Y’know, you should be lucky I’m not on speaker pho—“


“Shut up.” Aya practically growled at her sister. Her lighthearted tone wasn’t doing wonders for Aya’s own attitude. “I called you because I know you actually didn’t do shit. Please tell me how you would sign me up for that trash.“ Aya pushed Aleena for information, calling her bluff. If Aya was right and Aleena was just pulling her leg, well then good, problem solved. It was an unfunny, but harmless joke. But if Aleena actually did do what she says… Aya wanted her to prove it.


“Um, Aya, we’re twins. Identical twins. We can use each other’s face for damn near anything that needs identification. Including ‘trash’ like this.” Aleena answered honestly as she idly twirled her hair. “I did all of the paperwork and meetings and stuff online. I bought a wig that looks like your hair, and since I know all of your information, I just pretended to be you! The only thing I couldn’t fake about you is your height, which is, y’know, why I did it online. Neat, huh?”


“No, that’s some borderline psychopathic shit.” Aya spat, to which she was promptly cut off with a harsh “shhh!”


“Stop cussing! And anyways, don’t say that. I did this for you, y’know.” Aleena continued speaking, but had suddenly adopted a more serious tone. She wasn’t giggling to herself anymore. “I mean, you’ve never had any friends your entire life… and for what? Just because you’re a taller than average? Fuck that.” Aleena just broke her own no-cussing rule, to which she quickly received a “hey!” from her father in the driver’s seat.


After sheepishly turning away from her father, Aleena continued speaking to her little sister. “So, y’know, I thought you could actually use a friend for once. I’d hate for you to just be stuck up in the house by yourself the entire time we’re away.”


She paused as she heard Aya scoff, but quickly resumed before she could get out some snippy remark. “Look… if not for you, and if not even for your Buddy… do this for me, okay? I feel like this is the only way I can make up for not being there for you while you were growing up, y’know? At least, until I get back from this job. So please make this work until then.”


Aya’s eyes slightly widened as she heard the last part of what Aleena said. The only way she can make it up to her… is that how she really felt? For a moment, just for a split second, Aya considered not clobbering Aleena as hard as she initially planned when she got back…


However, that split second ended when Aya heard a knocking noise coming from the front door.


Startled by the noise, Aya accidentally dropped the tiny phone in her hands, but managed to catch it before it reached the ground. However, when she brought the phone back up to her face… she saw that she inadvertently hung up on her sister. Without saying a single word to her.


Damn.


But right now, Aya had a more pressing matter. Being away from civilization during her formative years, the Jupiter female didn’t have the chance to develop personalities such as “shy” or “timid.” Still, this knocking was a new experience for her, something that she had to steel herself for. Indeed, that knocking signaled that someone was here to see her, something that hardly happened even before she was taken away from her family.


Making it to the door in just a few strides… Aya only hesitated for a few seconds before she ducked down, and began reaching for the locks. With two clicks, she unlocked the door, and prepared to open it up.


There, on the other side of the door, lied her so-called “Buddy.” Someone who she only became aware of 5 minutes ago. Someone who she really could have done without right now.


But she would make it work. She had just decided she would.


For her kind, older sister’s sake.