- Text Size +

Taeyeon Han had lived in a smaller-sized community—or as they’re commonly known as, a SSC—for her entire life. Housing regular-sized humans, her city was completely unoccupied by Jupiter females, only being surrounded by other SSCs for miles. When the Jupiter gene started to express itself in an unsuspecting young girl, they were pushed to move out of the community, their family often moving away with them.

It wasn’t a system enacted out of malice, but out rigidity. Most of the world was inhabited by Jupiter females—these smaller humans simply felt as if they deserved their own places to call their own.

And Tae certainly made her home in her rather urban city. In her community, she was exceptionally popular and well-liked by those who knew her. Those in her neighborhood, peers who went to school with her, and even employees at stores she frequented were all fond of the young woman. While she was in high school, it wasn’t an uncommon sight to see a crowd of students around the single table she sat at during lunch, listening to her recount an exciting tale from her childhood. Her naturally powerful and confident voice drew people to her, and her positive attitude proceeded to rub off on them. Additionally, Tae could be quite the flirt if she chose to be, becoming quite skilled—and successful—at smooth-talking women over the years. Often times, Tae was aware of the kittenish stares and giggles she received by women she hadn’t even tried to woo. Indeed, it seemed as if Tae could truly charm anyone…

Which is why she was momentary disoriented by Aya’s mannerisms and speech, which made it clear that she was absolutely not charmed.

However, she quickly recovered herself after a few seconds, her blush completely gone from her face. Her previously flustered expression was now replaced by one of indignation and annoyance.

“I… I wasn’t… Y’know what? Whatever. Screw this. This obviously isn’t gonna work out.” Tae waved off Aya, and simply began walking towards the front door of the house. Truthfully, Tae was quick-tempered, and as such she was much more pissed than her words and actions let on. However… she did realize her own part in making this whole situation worse, which was by rudely staring at her. As such, the shorter woman decided to let her off the hook. None of this would matter in a few minutes anyways… Tae would simply call her family once she got outside, ask her to come take her back home, and she could search for a better Buddy will back in the comfort of her house. She could sense whether or not she should give certain people the benefit of the doubt, and this was not one of those people. Whatever arrangements or agreements she had with this Aya girl were over. As such, once she reached the front door, she began to open one of two doors—the one that was designed for people of her size, and that was built into the much larger one. However, as she turned the doorknob…

She suddenly felt a huge presence materialize behind her, as a sturdy black object suddenly slammed beside her, stopping the door from budging an inch.

Immediately, Tae’s body completely tensed up, as a cold and intense chill ran down her spine. Her hand remained perfectly still on the doorknob, her arm had stopped trying to pull on it, and her head hadn’t moved an inch. It seemed as if she had frozen up, but she was obviously aware of what was currently behind her. And really, who could blame her for reacting the way she did? Anyone who had hardly been around Jupiter females for their entire life—and certainly not around any as large as this one—would have done the exact same.

Of course, right behind Tae stood Aya, who had made her way over to the front door astonishing speed. It had taken the taller woman such few strides to make it there, that Tae hadn’t detected her until she was already all over her. Indeed, right beside Tae lied Aya’s massive, socked foot, effortlessly preventing the smaller of the two doors from being opened. The tips of her toes rising up to Tae’s ankles in height, Aya only used her two frontmost digits to stop the door in its tracks. It was all she could fit on the surface, without actively moving Tae.

Aya had stopped the smaller woman from leaving because she had done some thinking. Her sister… they hadn’t seen each other in years, and this whole “Buddy System” thing was her way of making up for that. It was a kind thing she did for her little sister—in her eyes, at least. Apparently, Aleena really wanted this thing to work out…

So Aya wanted it to work out, too.

”Hey, um… you… don’t have to leave.” Aya muttered as she struggled to get her words out. She was naturally abrasive to anyone who wasn’t her family, and she certainly didn’t interact with people who fit this bill commonly at all, the only instances being the doctors and professors who rarely visited her old home for tests. As such, it was hard for her to switch her aggressive setting off, and speak calmly with this complete stranger.

“Look… I don’t know who you are because you’ve been talking with my big sister the entire time, or however you two were in contact. She signed me up for this shit by pretending to me online… we’re, um, we’re twins.”

Tae’s eyes widened as she listened to Aya’s voice far overhead. It was a rather brief explanation, to be expecting of Aya… but it was all making sense now, While in video chats, and while looking at pictures of her Buddy-to-be, Tae was completely aware that she was wearing a wig. But thinking back, Aya’s hair looked completely natural, and even longer… which means that this twin must have a different hair color and cut. The person she chatted with also had a considerably higher-pitched voice than Aya, which was no doubt in part due to their difference in size. Indeed, this twin had to have been considerably shorter than Aya, as Tae could now finally place her finger on why seeing this this woman in-person seemed so much different than seeing pictures of her.

Of course, Aya’s proportions played into that as well. It was clear that she had won the jackpot in terms of curves—there was no way her twin could impersonate that.

However, these thoughts simply floated around in the back of Tae’s mind, as in the forefront, she was still struck with fear. Noticing that Tae still hadn’t moved one inch, Aya sighed, and slowly moved back away from her. Her foot was also moved away, freeing the door from its unyielding force.

”Yeah… probably shouldn’t have done that. Sorry.” Aya rubbed the back of her neck, pushing through her jet-black hair. She was still completely unaware of the impact of her size on people around… though this was giving her a good example. But before she could linger on that, she had to manage this situation.

”It’s just that… I feel like my sister wants all of this to go well. And if you leave now, I think she’ll be pretty bummed. And I’ll look like a fuck-up.” Aya said this bluntly, as her voice slightly rose in conviction. She couldn’t bring herself to say much of anything else, but hopefully, that would convince Tae to—

Aya watched in shock as Tae quickly opened the door and bolted outside, closing it behind her.

Aya’s fists immediately clenched as her eyebrows furrowed. So, that was that! The person that Aleena had probably spent fucking months making arrangements with had walked out in under a few fucking minutes. And yet, she didn’t feel like calling out for Tae, or asking her to reconsider. Nope, all she felt like doing right now was punching or stomping on something until it was damaged beyond recognition. Yup, it seemed like every emotion she ever felt was just converted into anger. She was already doing just terrific in the great big city; she had already run off her first person! All of the sudden, she wanted nothing more than to go back to her isolated home, and live there for-fucking-ever until she—

“Hey, what’re still waiting in there for? Come help me bring my luggage in, you damned beanstalk.”

Aya was promptly knocked out of her intrusive thoughts as she heard Tae’s voice, from just outside the house. This voice was followed by the faint sound of her grunting, and the rolling of multiple suitcases along the pavement. And it seemed as if these sounds were approaching the house, rather than departing from it.

While still behind the closed door, Aya couldn’t help but notice that a small smirk had spread across her face. Although, she made sure to wipe it off before she stepped outside to help Tae with her luggage.

It would just be too embarrassing for her new Buddy to see, y’know?