- Text Size +

A vast white plain emerged in all directions as a soft thud of boots touched her ears. ‘A floor, a good place to start….White is a nice base; everything is obvious on a white background,’ she thought as she walked across the empty white floor drifting in the nothingness of space. ‘Walls….I suppose,” she mentally added as the universal goddess encased herself in a white box. Chloe sat, a stool appearing behind her as she did so, looking around the empty space. Memories of a past life edged in from the reaches of mind, dreams and desires of a lesser being. Desires she could now realize. Drawing on the distance memories, she gestured to one side of the room. A massive comfortable bed appeared, a deep mattress and rich purple silk covers. ‘Even as a Goddess, I am going to sleep. Need to or not, I remember a great fondness for sleep.’ she thought happily to herself as she drew on her memories further. A vanity, a set of drawers, a walk-in closet, an ornate marble bathroom, a modern aesthetic from a previous life took shape. ‘I already feel more at home,’ she realized as she divided her space into smaller rooms, creating the feel of an apartment.

“Something is satisfying about crafting one a personal lair….making something homely and comfortable.” Chloe lightly spoke into the air as she molded a deep jacuzzi from her fringe memories. “Everything to my desire, everything pristine.” As she pondered, her voice carried into the space, the luxury bathroom formed around her. Something was bothering her, though, gnawing at her as she considered her space. Forming another room, she sculpted a kitchen, appliances and workspaces, things she would never use. The thought troubled her, why create such a room? Why did she need a fridge, a sink, a toilet or even the jacuzzi? She was a God; the trappings of a past life should not restrict her. ‘But I want them too…’ her mind offered as she felt herself chewing her lips. ‘I wanted that mortal's clothes…I did not need them…I wanted a home….’ She sat again; this time, a large throne formed around her as she motioned. 


The Goddess sat on a throne randomly formed in the center of the half-finished kitchen as reflected, lost in thought. Her eyes were closed as her awareness traveled, moving from world to world occasionally; a stray thought would erase a world from existence while another would birth one anew. ‘This is ... .easy,’ she thought as mentally traveling between became more like teleporting from world to world. ‘Easy is not enjoyable….’ she realized as another world blipped out of existence. The Goddess opened her eyes and refocused on her surroundings. It was time to slightly up the difficulty on godhood to see if she could make it fun. Chloe stood, the throne dissolved into a mist as she finished her kitchen and added a few additional rooms. Her domain was to be her comfort zone; everything here would serve to make her feel comfortable, including the servants she would need to operate all of these facilities. Once she was content with the recreational spaces and throne room, every God needed a throne room; Chloe created a Slave level.  


Under the floors and in the walls, rooms and dormitories. Factories and facilities. The Goddess would pad the celestial home with accommodation for a lesser life. Going beyond that, Chloe created a third level, a level for beings to serve those who serve her. She would create many levels of separation between herself and those she planned on dominating as she felt the microscopic tunnels all link up, tiny access points under her furniture, places for them to run and hide; her smile touched her eyes. She was creating hope for a yet unknown species only so she could snuff it out. Her mind quickly traveled as she explored the new levels to her home, neatly concealed from her, out of sight. This domain, her lair, would be home to trillions and yet she would be the only one that mattered. Chloe smiled as she strode around, adding small details, final touches and soaking in the space. She placed hidden displays in all of the walls to address everyone if she desired without drawing on her power. ‘Make it understandable to the mundane mind,’ she considered as technology started to get embedded discreetly. Power systems, water systems and even waste disposal and recycling systems all took form, hidden from view as she glided her fingers across the walls of her home. The domain started to pulse with a mechanical form of life as she integrated artificial assistance to benefit those who would serve her, To prevent them from bugging her.  ‘Hehe, bug me, get it, like bugs…’ the thought amused her as she nodded to a wall, a simulated female face taking form.

The Simulated Apartment Resource Administrator, or SARA for short, came online, long blonde hair framing a pale female face. Chloe felt herself release some control over too her new pet machine. The benefits of synthetic intelligence simply were that they were unable to disobey. “SARA, Once my slaves arrive, you will instruct them on where to go and what their duties will be. I will find a mortal to work with you in time, but for now, you will be in charge of them.”

“Yes, Goddess Chloe, Creator and Ender of all things, Benevolent Malevolent ruler of existence,” Sara replied with a flat tone. Chloe smirked. That was her desired title, but hearing it repeated could get tiresome.

“Just Goddess, for now, All administrator control is mine alone.” 

“Understood, Goddess.” The floating face acknowledged with a nod, and Chloe waved her hand, dismissing her new toy. 


Striding back into her bedroom, the Goddess pushed open an unmarked door on the back wall. The dark interior had taken form. This is why I made SARA.’ she thought. A shining dark orb took form, floating in the middle of the now dark stone circular room. This room was to be her sanctum, her truly personal space. This room would keep it slightly out of mind but beyond reach. Chloe stood nervously as she linked the orb into the SARA system, creating what could only be described as the heart of the universe. ‘Well, I am currently a Goddess of my universe. This will not change it…nor irreversible, but this should make things more exciting. Chloe closed her eyes as she placed her fingers on the orb; with the mental dexterity only a divine being could wield, she carefully placed her omniscience into the orb. Only her omniscience, her universal awareness that stripped the fun from godhood.  

As she removed her hands from the orb, she felt mentally naked, the background noise of existence was gone, and her mind contained only her thoughts. Nervously she stepped back away from the orb and back into her bedroom, the space feeling different, everything to her scale, and now she felt small. “SARA, Show me an inhabited planet?” Chloe carefully asked, unable to sense the universe outside her home anymore. 

“TERA-2022, Now projecting realtime”, The AI replied as a tiny orb the size of a grain of salt appeared before Chloe's face. All of her other divine powers remained as her vision narrowed down onto the speck of a planet, the real-time projection showing impossible small mortals going about their insignificant lives in microbe cities. 

“I can’t hear their thoughts….I do not know all of their useless stories. It worked.” her voice had an uncurrent of joy as she marveled at the world. Dominating this universe would now be slightly harder but a lot more enjoyable. The Goddess smirked as she flopped into her new bed. 

“First thing is. First, SARA, I need to interview some potential slaves!”