- Text Size +

Carmen watched the sleet coming down outside, blurring her view of the front yard and the police cars beyond. The officers guarding the mansion would no doubt have retreated into their vehicles, the usual slow patrol around the perimeter being done from the comfort of a squad car instead of their usual look on foot.

The slow rattle of the icy pellets hitting the roof gave the entire house a sleepy feel, and Carmen shivered slightly as she walked through the kitchen. The main floor of the house was still a little cooler than the rest, courtesy of the boarded-up back window she’d thrown “Jane” through on her first night here.

She’d spent the afternoon quiet, thinking, her emotions a turbulent storm she was struggling to navigate. Guilt, hate, sorrow, they dueled for supremacy in her mind as she was forced to truly take stock, to mentally account for her youth and her relationship with Samantha and Kyle.

Fuck me, she thought miserably, thinking of the time she’d thrown a dissected frog at Samantha during a science class, causing the girl to cry… Another memory flashed by, Kyle trying desperately to impress some girl during PE… and she’d spiked a volleyball directly into his face…

Her thoughts were like knives, driving white hot lances of pain into her as she slumped in the chilly living room, listening to the world freeze over outside.

They weren’t your friends, they weren’t your buddies, you were nothing

No, you weren’t nothing, you were what they were afraid of, you were why Sammy was always so withdrawn, you were why Kyle ate alone at lunch…

She gritted her teeth, why hadn’t she tried something… else? Why was her first instinct always to see them alone and isolated, and make it worse? It wasn’t what she’d wanted, not really, what she’d wanted was…

They weren’t your love interests either Carmen.

Now that one hurt.

They HATED you!

She squeezed her eyes shut, wishing her own thoughts would leave her alone.

They ruined my life! She protested to herself; they had this coming!

But did they? What would two people, scared and alone, do against a tormenter when given one chance, one small far flung chance, to strike back after years of what she’d put them through? Carmen swallowed, looking hollowly at the greying world beyond the mansion windows, she knew what she’d do, if someone she hated found themselves in her power… She’d had Kyle and Samantha in hers after all, and what had she done? She’d lashed out, been prepared to make them hurt, the way she thought they’d made her hurt…

I deserved what they did, I deserved to have them tank my grade after what I put them through.

“The fuck I did,” she muttered under her breath, but it was a hollow protest.

I. Deserved. It.

Carmen felt like something inside her shattered, and she slumped against the chair. Tears started streaming down her face again, and the numbness she felt had nothing to do with the winter weather.

“Push!” Kyle shouted, encouraging Samantha as she grunted with all her might, pressing against the disgusting sock that sealed them in their prison.

The pair were rewarded with a tiny pinprick of light, and Samantha grunted again, squeezing her way through the small opening as Kyle gripped her hair for dear life. Samantha winced as the grime from the sock coated her, another layer of Carmen’s sweat and dirt added to what she’d already picked up from her imprisonment in the Valkyrie’s shoe.

“Hold on!” Samantha squealed to her ant-sized husband as she tumbled out of the shoe. Kyle screamed, flailing as he struggled to hold on to the strand of her red hair. The few inches drop was dozens of feet to him, and while a rational part of him knew he was too small to be hurt by falling, it was still a shock.

“Down here!” Kyle shouted up to Samantha as she looked around for him. Her face lit up as she parted a small group of carpet fibers, retrieving him from the artificial forest.

“She stuck us under the bed,” Samantha mused, looking up at the football field sized box spring overhead.

“Out of sight, out of mind,” Kyle mused, “I don’t see her up here, hug the walls and head for the north staircase, Carmen has no reason to go over there, the only rooms are one of the guest rooms and the library.”

“S-Staircase?” Samantha protested, “Kyle I don’t know if we can-“

“Climbing a staircase might be a problem, but going down one? No, at this size the worst you’re going to catch from a fall is a bruise,” Kyle explained, “me? I’m a flea Samantha, you could probably toss me down it like a baseball if you wanted.”

“Guess you’re lucky I never played sports,” she said with a wink.

He chuckled, the bit of levity brightening his spirits in the face of the terrifying task of traversing the house at this size. He shuddered as he thought of all the things that could bring an end to them, Carmen might step on them without even noticing… and that might be a mercy compared to what she would do if she caught them…

“We beat her before,” Samantha said quietly, “we’re going to do it again.”

Kyle smiled into the face of his wife, a giant at three inches tall, “Let’s do it then,” he muttered.

4 Years Ago

Carmen stood next to Melinda, looking in a the Seacourt residence where a Christmas tree was brightly lit in the window. Like her mentor Carmen now wore a much lighter coat, the winter cold no longer biting as it did. The Seacourts were no doubt inside, celebrating the holiday while the pair of Valkyries looked on, leaving them to do so in peace.

“Merry Christmas Carmen,” Melinda said, taking a drag of her cigarette with a smile.

“Merry Christmas Melinda,” Carmen said, a warm feeling rising in her chest as she watched the man she had saved pass in front of the window, a glass of eggnog in hand as he embraced his wife, children running around them.

“It’s one of the great pleasures of healing someone, to see them go on and live happily,” Melinda said with a sigh, gesturing for Carmen to follow her as they walked along the icy sidewalk.

“Yeah,” Carmen muttered, a certain thought eating her up inside, “you held me back from getting enhanced a lot longer than any of the other girls I started with,” she said quietly, “how many people died waiting for me to get my shit together?”

Melinda looked at her a moment, unblinking, “The number is hardly relevant, but some did,” Melinda said finally, “I couldn’t put you through until you were ready-“

“And because you didn’t think I was ready people died?” Carmen asked, a hint of an edge to her voice.

“People died because you weren’t ready,” Melinda said coldly, “and I have blood on my own hands because I have in the past allowed women who were clearly unfit access to that gene therapy.” She sighed, seeing Carmen’s angry expression, “If you feel guilty, I encourage you to reflect and act on it Carmen. I had my own guilt after my husband passed, irrational though it was, and I’ve tried to use his research to build something I think he would be proud of.” She took a long drag on her cigarette, the small cloud of smoke trailing into another winter sky, “guilt without action is just self-indulgence Carmen, remember what I said last time we were here-“

Present

“Maybe we never get fair, or justice,” Carmen muttered, blinking herself back awake, “but we can put the pieces back together and make something worth living for…” she sighed, when had she fallen asleep? She wasn’t sure… She debated wallowing in self pity for a few moments, longer, but her mentor’s words came again.  

Guilt without action is self-indulgence, the older Valkyrie’s voice seemed to echo in her head.

Goddamnit, Carmen thought miserably as she stood up, first step is letting them out I guess… then what?

She paused, trying to think about exactly how she’d approach this, I’ll leave, she decided, fuck Jormungand, if they feel like assassinating me at this point that’s a fucking favor. Her mind turned to Kyle and Samantha, they’d still need a Valkyrie for some months, I’ll find someone trustworthy for them… I’ll drag Melinda back here and make her do it herself if I have to, I owe them that much…

And for her? She groaned, Kyle and Sammy never seemed like the suing type, but they might be now? Whatever… it’s not like I was really in this for the money. She thought about her clinic, Elaine or Juliet would probably take over, they were the other prominent Valkyries in the area, when word of what she’d done to Kyle and Samantha got out Melinda would probably all but lead her around on a leash for the rest of her career.

And would that really be so bad? She wondered. She chuckled, yes, it’s going to be hell, but I can still fix people up and maybe figure out where to go from there.

She sighed and plodded her way up the stairs like a man going to his own hanging. Every additional step seemed a little harder, but she forced herself to the top. She walked into the master bedroom, remembering where she’d left Samantha and Kyle after their fight, she grimaced, there was one more thing to apologize for.

“Hey guys,” she began, pulling the shoe out from under the bed, “We uh… we really have to talk-“ she froze, the sock sealing the pair in had been pushed out, leaving the mouth of the shoe wide open.

They got out… she felt an electric panic blossom in her chest, No, no, no! Carmen dropped to her knees, looking under the bed desperately, hoping to see Samantha’s tiny form carrying Kyle beneath one of the end tables. They have no idea how dangerous the world is for them at that size! She thought, her heart racing. She tried to force herself to be calm.

“K-Kyle, Samantha, if you’re here please come out,” she said feebly, “I’m sorry, I’ll make you guys bigger and we can all talk!”

Only silence replied.

Carmen tried to keep from panicking as she dropped to all fours, slowly checking beneath and behind the pieces of furniture in the room.

They’re just scared, she reasoned, they couldn’t have gotten far, they’re just hiding from me! She desperately hoped it was true.

“EEP!” Samantha squealed, tumbling as she leapt from the last of the steps on the house’s far staircase.

“Come on!” Kyle shouted, waiting for his enormous three inch wife to right herself, “I heard footsteps, Carmen’s probably back in the bedroom right now!”

“KYLE?” Carmen’s voice echoed down the hallway, “SAMMY!?”

Samantha’s eyes went wide, and she scooped Kyle up as she sprinted as fast as she could down the hallway.

Carmen slowly walked down the hallway, peeking in doors and hoping for any show of movement. She paused a minute at the library, then shook her head, cursing her stupidity.

What are they going to do, read a book at that size? She thought miserably. She licked her lips, she hadn’t seen any insects or anything since she’d been staying here, Sam and Kyle were pretty clean people but… most houses had some. Clinics housing shrunken people were regularly sprayed just to be on the safe side, not that most insects or spiders would bother even tiny people but… it paid to be safe.

“Sammy!” she called again, “I’m sorry okay? I’m… I’m sorry!”

“Is she yelling that she’s sorry?” Kyle asked, rolling his eyes as he gripped Samantha’s curly red hair, wrapping around himself for balance.

“She must think we’re pretty stupid,” Samantha muttered as she came to a stop near the garage. She looked up at the massive door, realizing there wasn’t any way to get it open, “and maybe we are,” she said with a sigh, “how are we supposed to get this open?”

“We don’t,” Kyle explained, “the north garage is actually heated, we just need to go through that vent down there and we should be able to get in,” he gestured to a grate along the base of the wall just a few feet from them. “I think if we pull it open as far as it’ll go, you can squeeze through it…”

“Guys please come out!” Carmen said desperately, she was crawling on all fours, a ridiculous site as she peered through the rooms, trying to peek under furniture, behind bookshelves… “I mean it guys it’s not safe for you to be out of my site like this!” she shouted. She had a sudden flashback to her training, a short slide show Melinda had prepared on “hazards of shrinking” she shuddered and picked up her pace.

Samantha grunted as she slid through the heating vent, with the lever pushed to open it as wide as it went, she was just barely able to squeeze her three inch form through. Kyle just vaulted over what was a chest high barrier at his size, scurrying after her as she headed through the vent to the dim light of the mansion’s north garage.

Suddenly Samantha stopped, a feeble gasp escaping her throat as she saw what was waiting by the vent at the end of the dusty hallway. Kyle stopped, looking for what had caused his, relatively, giant wife so much fright.

“Oh,” he whispered, seeing the eight glistening glassy black eyes. Crooked legs scurried along a web that stretched across half the vent they would need to pass through, and a pair of jaws seemed to click eagerly as the spider webbed up a small beetle that had wandered in.

“K-Kyle?” Samantha whimpered.

He gulped, “I’m too small to interest it,” he said slowly, “and you’re too large,” it was true, the spider was the size of a dog to Samantha, but she was still bigger than anything he thought that this kind of spider, some small orb weaver? Would eat. “Just stay out of his web,” he said firmly, “and he won’t bother us.”

“S-She,” Samantha muttered, blinking as she knelt down to pick him up, “t-that’s a girl spider,” she shakily pointed to an egg sac in one part of the web.

“Right,” Kyle said, “just… take it nice and slow, don’t make eye contact maybe?”

Samantha managed a squeaky laugh as she inched her way towards the grate, Kyle winced as her grip tightened once they got near the spider. It just sort of stared at them, there wasn’t anything in those eyes, they were like marbles really… Kyle found himself watching it, tense for some leap, some scurried pursuit, but none came. A moment later Samantha grunted as she squeezed through the next set of bars, looking back in fear as though she expected to see spindly legs grabbing at her.

“W-Well,” she said, her panic subsiding a bit, “I guess you were right… it wasn’t interested in us.”

“Yeah, but let’s not take our chances on running into something that is,” Kyle said, grunting a little as he adjusted himself in Samantha’s hands, “look there,” he pointed to the garage door, “those laser sensors at the base make sure the garage doesn’t close while anything’s in the path, but I’ll bet we could open that thing up and get it to open the garage door for us, after that it’s just a short sprint across the lawn to where the police are.”

“You know,” Samantha said with a grin as they walked towards the sensor, “we’re kind of badass!”

“We can celebrate when we’ve escaped,” Kyle said, but it was hard to keep a grin off his face, they’d escaped Carmen, they’d outwitted her again, victory would be sweet.

Carmen’s head shot up as she heard the garage door open, no, it can’t be… it’s impossible! She sighed, no, those two are geniuses, of course they’d figure out how to open the garage at bug size… She paused a minute, listening to the ice pellets hitting the roof, and her blood ran cold.

They don’t realize how quick their bodies are going to lose heat! She thought, scrambling to her feet, they’re just going to try to run across the yard, they won’t last five minutes!

Kyle shuddered, hugging himself into Samantha’s hair as the cold air billowed into the garage. The world outside was become a glittering frozen wasteland as the sleet and freezing rain continued, in the distance the faint outline of a police squadcar could be seen.

“We just need to get over there,” Samantha said, shivering, “it’s just a few hundred feet…”

“A few hundred feet at this size is a lot,” Kyle said, his uncertainty growing, “and you’re just wearing that little cloth robe…”

“And you’re wearing nothing,” Samantha replied, gently putting him higher up on her scalp, “really get that hair wrapped around you, okay?” Kyle nodded, burying himself in Samantha’s red forest and gripping tightly. She took a deep breath, looking at the icy hellscape that stood between them and rescue. “No guts no glory,” she whispered, stepping out of the massive cavern of their garage and into the tundra that had become their yard.

Samantha gritted her teeth, feeling the chunks of ice, to her the size of baseballs, impacting her skin. Worse was the still liquid rain, that hit her and froze against her hair, crackling as the wind blew it. Each wave of the steely cold washed a little of her resolve away, and after a few minutes, she realized she couldn’t feel her feet, or her legs anymore.

“K-Kyle!?” she called, reaching into her hair for him, but if he was there, she couldn’t feel him, her hand felt like concrete, a few pins and needles dancing here and there as the frigid air robbed her of locomotion. Finally, her fingers closed on a small solid lump she was sure was him… “Kyle?” he still didn’t answer, but if he had would she even hear him over the sound of the sleet falling around them?

This was a mistake, she realized, I’ve got to get us back to the garage. She tried to turn, despairing a little when she saw how pathetically short their flight had really been, if she had to guess she had gotten maybe ten feet down the driveway. She attempted to turn, but stumbled. She fell to the icy ground, her face feeling like fire as she made contact.

You have to get up, she told herself, you have to get up or you and Kyle will-

She couldn’t bring herself to think it, and she struggled to get her arms underneath her. The world was fading, and she looked longingly at the garage, just a few short steps away at her full size, an impossible frozen gulf at this one.

She closed her eyes, enjoying the brief feeling of rest as the pain in her extremities began to fade. She opened her eyes a final time, a blurry figure was in the garage, an enormous person she couldn’t make out, she tried to wave, but she didn’t have any energy left to do so before the world went white.

“No!” Carmen sobbed, scooping Samantha’s still form off the icy driveway, she blinked a tear out of her eyes, scanning the ground for Kyle, knowing that if he’d been frozen over it would be impossible to ever find him. She felt a wave of relief as she saw his tiny, still, form roll out of Samantha’s ice riddled hair.

She turned and sprinted back towards the house with them in her cupped hands, “Just hold on guys,” she said in a shaky voice.

You’re a Valkyrie, she told herself, focus, fix them! She took a deep breath, Kyle was so small that, so long as he wasn’t dead, he’d pop back from severe frostbite in a few hours, nothing more she could do but try to warm him up. Samantha on the other hand… three inches… it was borderline for a rapid frostbite recovery, but with how she looked Carmen didn’t want to take any chances, she’d need to be smaller.

Can I do it? She wondered, Can I… she took a deep breath, that otherworldly energy flowed into her like a warm spring.

“YES!” Carmen shouted, literally jumping for joy as she watched Samantha shrink in her hands.

Kyle blinked, trying to regain his bearings. The icy pain in his limbs was gone, but everything was dark, soft, warm… He struggled against the fleshy walls pressing on him from other side, and a moment later a familiar scent wafted into his nostrils, it wasn’t as strong as after her workout, but there was no mistaking it.

Carmen’s sweat, he thought miserably, she caught us… and I’m… he grunted and squirmed again, her breasts had easily swallowed him up at three inches, at this ant size he was at now? He was trapped.

“Hello!?” Samantha’s muffled voice echoed below him, and he felt a little relief that she was alive too, albeit trapped in the same place he was. He sighed and began a slow climb upwards, feeling almost like he was wading through jello as each of Carmen’s breaths caused his entire world to heave.

The pheromones were getting to him, being this small in close contact with Carmen, along with the knowledge of where he was… He gasped, feeling a shock of pleasure race up his spine as his erection traced over her soft skin.

I’m going to cum myself just trying to climb out of her, he thought miserably. The escape attempt had been another humiliating reminder of how powerless they were, now, squirming like a crumb that had rolled down into her cleavage, nearly brought to orgasm just by the motion of her breathing… it was another nail in the coffin he’d bury his self esteem in. And the worst part is I like it, he growled angrily, forcing the part of him that was enjoying this to the back, Carmen had them, they had to get away, they had to-

The world above him parted as Carmen looked down into her cleavage, smiling as she saw her two charges were awake and moving.

“I thought I felt a couple of bugs down there,” she said softly, her finger coming down to fish the ant sized pair out. It was difficult, she finally managed to roll Kyle onto her fingertip, pinching him and concealing his whole body between the pads of her fingers as she set him down on the bed next to her. A moment later he heard a squeak as Samantha was deposited next to him.

Carmen stood up, a colossus beyond compare, a walking skyscraper that overshadowed them. He ran across the shifting landscape of the bed, trying to keep his balance as he embraced Samantha. He hugged her too him, pushing her head into his shoulder as he looked up at Carmen, a defiant sneer on his face that didn’t match how he really felt.

“L-Listen Carmen-“

“Get ready,” Carmen said with a sad smile, holding her hand out.

Kyle winced, and hugged Samantha to him as she shut her eyes tight, waiting for the end.

Kyle tumbled over in surprise as it felt like the rug was pulled out from under him, he and Samantha suddenly didn’t have nearly as much room as they did, and he heard her yelp with pain as her head hit the baseboard. He blinked, looking around in surprise, they were big! Well not that big, Carmen had put them back to four feet, supposedly the largest she could make them until the radiation damage was fully healed…

“Were you guys really so scared of me that you went out in this?” Carmen asked quietly, pointing to the ongoing ice storm outside the window.

“You said you were going to shrink us permanently,” Samantha replied, pulling the blanket up over herself and glaring angrily at the amazon.

“Yeah,” Carmen muttered softly, not meeting her eyes, Why did I say that? Carmen thought miserably, I don’t even know how to make receptor serum for that… I just wanted to scare them, and I guess I did.

“Carmen, what is this?” Kyle asked suspiciously.

“I’ve… been doing some thinking,” Carmen said slowly, “and I uh…” she trailed off, walking away from the bed and sitting in a small reading chair in the corner of the master bedroom, “I don’t really know how to start…”

“If it’s a sorry maybe with… a sorry,” Samantha said bitterly.

Carmen glared at her a moment, then sighed, “Yeah, I’m sorry, for… for all of it, for high school, for coming back into your lives like a maniac, for all the crap I’ve put you guys through since I got here.”

Samantha and Kyle were both stunned, and they looked at Carmen, then to each other, then back to her. Silence filled the room until finally Samantha cleared her throat.

“Carmen,” she began, “that’s great that you’re feeling sorry, but-“

There were two thumps as Carmen tossed their phones onto the bed, “There you go,” Carmen muttered, “Call everyone, tell them what an evil bitch I am, call Melinda, the cops, whoever, if you want to sue me, I won’t fight it, just send the demand letter.”

“What the hell is this,” Kyle whispered to Samantha under his breath, “it’s got to be a trick or something.”

“I can hear you!” Carmen snapped angrily, “look, I’m a shitty person, I get it!” for a moment it looked like she was going to cry again, but she just looked away a moment, “I’m getting out of your hair tomorrow.”

“What?” Samantha asked, a little alarmed, “Carmen, we need you to keep doing our shrinking therapy, and what about the people trying to kill us? They’re supposed to be after you too now-“

“I’ll find you someone else!” Carmen said, speaking over them, “I’m not going to leave you guys in the lurch, okay? If I’ve got to hang around for a few days until Melinda finds someone else we can trust, I will. After that I think I’m going off with her for a while… if she’ll have me anyway. I’ll be safe around her.”

There was a beep from downstairs in the kitchen, carrying up through the house. Carmen perked up, then stood up and headed for the door.

“I threw a frozen pizza in the oven,” Carmen said, “I was kind of hoping you guys would be awake before it was done, food is just better at bigger sizes.” She paused by the door and gave them a smile, “by the way, you guys are just south of billionaires now, why do you still buy the cheapest brand of frozen pizza?”

“It’s what we used to eat on our study dates in high school,” Samantha said, reaching under the blanket and clasping Kyle’s hand, “it kind of takes us back,” the two shared a quick smile.

Carmen smiled, but she still looked sad, “those things’ll have you seeing another Valkyrie in a few decades, they’re terrible for you!” She shook her head, chuckling under her breath as she went down to the kitchen to get their dinner.

Kyle and Samantha looked at each other, “What the fuck?” Kyle said finally.

“I think she actually feels bad,” Samantha said quietly, “like… she actually realized she was the asshole.”

“So, what do we do with that?” Kyle asked, flopping back onto his pillow, enjoying the feeling of being almost full size again, even if only for a short time.

“I don’t know,” Samantha mused, “it sounds like she’s going away, so I guess… it doesn’t matter what we think, does it?” She thought a moment, “We should say something to her,” she muttered, “I don’t know if I really forgive her for everything, but… it feels wrong to just yell at her, be angry, you know? Kicking someone who’s already down…”

“Kicking someone’s who’s already down,” Kyle laughed, “are we still talking about Carmen?” He forced himself to sit back up, “I think you’re right; I don’t want to just forgive her or whatever, but…” He searched for the words, “if she’s serious… then yeah, we should say something… I’m just not sure what.”

They were interrupted by Carmen’s return, the pizza held on a serving platter, perfectly cut and accompanied by a pair of plates. She gently set it in front of them, and then reached for the television remote on the nightstand, tossing it to the pair.

“You guys should take it easy,” she said, looking at the clock, “give it about… four hours, I’ll have to put you back down to three inches, then I’ll put you guys to bed for the night, sound good?” They nodded and she gave them a smile, “great, if you need me I’ll be downstairs-“

“Carmen!” Samantha said suddenly, causing her to pause.

“Yeah?” Carmen asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Do you uh…” Samantha looked at Kyle, who just shrugged. “Pizza!” Samantha said, pointing to the platter Carmen had brought, “do you maybe want to have a piece while we watch something?”

Carmen raised an eyebrow, “I uh…”

“Carmen, just have a piece of pizza,” Kyle said in a tired voice, reaching for one of the plates.

She frowned, but reached down to grab a piece, returning to the reading chair as Kyle turned on the TV and flipped through the streaming services. The poster of a decade old teen drama flashed across the screen as Kyle scrolled.

“Wait, that one!” Carmen cried excitedly, “I haven’t watched The Creek in years!”

You watched Creek?” Samantha asked, surprised.

“Wasn’t that kind of a nerd show?” Kyle asked, a wry smile on his face.

“It was a show about nerds but everyone watched it,” Carmen said, rolling her eyes, “start it up.”

Kyle and Samantha lay in the bed in the small shrunken patient’s dorm, three inches tall. They’d spent an evening binge watching the first season of an ancient teen drama, eating their favorite food from high school, with their old high school bully. It was a somewhat surreal time, and Carmen had easily shrunk them without any pause or thought when the time had come to send them back down, placing them back in their tiny housing without fanfare.

“So… Carmen,” Kyle said finally, “you think she’s… better?”

“I don’t know,” Samantha said with a sigh, “I… I guess I don’t want to sue her or get her in jail, so that’s a start.”

“Maybe we’ll look her up again when this is all over,” Kyle said with a smile.

“Kyle,” Samantha said, an odd expression coming over her face, “can I ask you something a little messed up?”

“What?” He asked, curious.

“Did you find it really hot being stuck in her…”

“Her tits?” Kyle said, enjoying her blush at the vulgarity.

“Yeah,” Samantha said in a breathy voice.

Kyle rolled over on top of her, grinning as he looked into her eyes, “yeah it’s messed up… but yes, they were hot… you want to go before bed?”

“Yes!” She said eagerly, her eyes lighting up.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you guys think, I feel I sometimes struggle with more emotional moments.