- Text Size +

Gilly was impressed with herself, she had walked so far in such a short amount of time and all she had to do was stop worrying so much about stepping on people.  As she reached another large intersection, standing directly in the centre of the junction of two wide streets atop what, before she had planted her feet down, an appalling pile-up of cars caused by their panicked attempts to escape her, she stopped and looked back at the street she had just thoroughly ruined by merely walking down it.  She could judge neither time nor distance accurately, especially now that all frames of reference had been warped by her new perspective, but she assumed that she must have walked a good few miles in a matter of minutes, or even less.  It was not as though anyone else could challenge her on this, and if they did she merely had to step on them.


The street there was littered with her footprints, stained with smashed human remains and flattened vehicles and whatever else was on the street.  Probably more than a few lampposts, newspaper stands, benches, and god knows what else, none of which could possibly be identified now.  Just after her growth and those first few accidents she felt guilt and horror at what she had done, but now she only understood that on an abstract, intellectual level.  She had murdered hundreds of innocent people just like her, and yet, though she knew she ought to feel at least bad about it, she struggled to feel anything but curious.  Besides, she reasoned, it was unavoidable, and all of this could be sorted out once Pat was found and some sort of plan could be formulated to fix it.  Somehow.


Yet she was having doubts over whether or not it could be ‘sorted out’ at all.  If they, whoever ‘they’ were, could shrink her down somehow, could she possibly go back to living a normal life after having killed so many people?  Or she might be stuck at this monstrous size forever, and then what was she supposed to do?  Gilly didn’t like thinking ahead in general; her inability to make any sort of concrete plan about her life had always made her anxious and this time it was no different.  She breathed in the warm, summer air and exhaled slowly, and, in an attempt to calm herself, peered down at her feet below.


Her bust was in the way, so she had to bend forwards to see them, resting her hands on her thighs and pressing her breasts together with her arms.  The roads here had widened as she advanced deeper into the heart of the city, so that she could stand comfortably with both feet together without fear of damaging the sides of the buildings, as though she should be concerned with that after stomping on a score of trapped motorists in the intersection.  The buildings, too, were on average taller, with most reaching no higher than her knees and the highest one she could see probably meeting her lower thigh, if she was to go on over and stand next to it.  She was tempted, but it was a little out of the way of her objective.


Nevertheless, she enjoyed comparing things to her new stature, and most of all the people.  She had been standing still at the intersection for a few minutes now, just watching them, and there were still a few of the half-inch-high people still there, huddled at the sides of the pavement or between abandoned cars, apparently stunned beyond all rational thought by the appearance of this massive naked woman in their city.  Her toes wiggled playfully in the deep footprints caused by her sheer mass, which gave those shell-shocked individuals a start, and a few even recovered enough of their senses to turn and flee.  A soft, playful little giggle thundered down at them from above, followed by that awkward snort.  The comparison between their tiny bodies and her dainty ‘little’ toes turned that knot of anxiety into a flutter of anticipation; after what she had done just to walk down this street and get to this point, would it be too much for her to simply give in to her repressed desires?


Flickering red and blue lights in her peripheral vision distracted her.  Further along the street towards the skyscrapers where her boyfriend was, Gilly spotted what must have been the local police force forming a roadblock, presumably to stop her.  A row of black and white cars, lights blaring like the inside of her favourite nightclub in Sheffield on a Friday night, and what looked like a tank had lined up across the road a few steps, or some several hundred feet, away from where she was standing.  There were a dozen of them, perhaps, including that tank-looking thing, and what seemed like hundreds of little police officers in black and dark blue.  The sight reminded her of seeing the rather heavy-handed response American police have to protests on TV, but that she could quite easily step over their little blockade, or into the next street and avoid them entirely, made them all look silly rather than threatening.


More out of curiosity about what these tiny police officers thought they could do against a giantess, and perhaps definitively settle the old question about whether or not one would be immune to bullets after all, Gilly advanced on them.  She put an extra bounce in her step, swinging her hips as though she was walking down a catwalk rather than on top of a packed street in such a way to cause her massive bare breasts to wobble pleasingly for the coppers.  As she drew nearer, crossing the distance with long, lazy steps far quicker than neither she, the police, nor the civilians between them had anticipated, she noticed that the little blockade had the effect of blocking the panicked flight of a veritable horde of people running away from her.  The terrified mob collided with the barricade and chaos broke out as the thin blue line struggled to push them back.  She watched with faint amusement, not slowing her stride as she closed the gap with frightening speed, the bug-sized people swarming like insects, each more afraid of her than of the armed police, and forcing their way through gaps in the line.


“Stop!” a thin, metallic voice amplified by a bullhorn called out.


Gilly took another step closer, flattening an abandoned delivery truck.  The police line trembled.


“I said stop!”  The voice sounded more desperate.  Gilly took another step closer, a cheeky grin spreading across her face as she found that she was enjoying toying with these tiny people.


“Stop or we will open fire on you!”


Gilly stopped, but she was almost on top of them anyway.  She stood there, her toes a mere one of her foot-lengths away from the line of cops.  They had, by now, managed to get themselves organised and formed a gap that had allowed most of the civilians to flee through.  Most of the people had stopped fleeing once they had crossed through the barricade, perhaps thinking that their heavily militarised police force might be able to stop the giant woman, and some had congregated into a sort of crowd just behind the row of cars.  


Bending over with her hands on her hips and her feet together to fill the entire width of the road plus the pavement, Gilly peered down at the men who thought they could stop her.  Her massive form cast a dark, foreboding shadow over them.  There were perhaps a hundred officers organised into a gun line across the street and in front of their squad cars, some wearing riot gear and others in the usual black and blue uniforms, each armed with a mix of rifles and pistols.  If she had to hazard a guess, the police force here had cobbled together whoever and whatever was available as soon as possible to mobilise this blockade.  One of the tiny men was standing on the roof of the ‘tank’, which, now that she was closer, turned out to be some sort of armoured car probably designed to put down riots.  He held a bullhorn to his face, and Gilly was very impressed that she could quite clearly make it out from hundreds of feet up.


There were a few seconds of uneasy silence.  Gilly had never had a weapon pointed at her before and now there were scores of firearms aimed precisely at her, not that they could miss such a big target, and though she was more than a hundred times bigger than any of these little people, that knot of anxiety returned in the pit of her stomach.  What if she was vulnerable to bullets after all?


“Well?” she said, at length.  


The thin blue line shivered at the force of her voice from above.  They were afraid and she could see that in each of the tiny faces staring up at her, and despite her anxiety about the prospect of being shot at, despite her fading but still-lingering desire to get through this ordeal with as minimal loss of life as possible, she had to admit that she liked it.  She had enjoyed intimidating and teasing smaller men back when she was a mere six foot three, but this was an altogether more exciting feeling.


The officer with the megaphone hesitated; he had been trained to put down riots, catch drug dealers, and stop criminals, not an explicably huge English woman stomping on the citizens of the city he was sworn to protect.  Nothing in his or anyone’s training could have possibly prepared them for this.  Directly in front of him were her toes, half-sunk into the road by the impossible mass of the giantess and framed by a crest of churned up tarmac and debris, which had already claimed countless lives beneath them.  Then, looking up and craning his neck back, following the curves of her shapely calves and thick thighs to the generous swell of her hips.  His eyes lingered unwittingly on the dark, puffy mound and folds of her vulva where her thighs met, then, even further up and almost having to tilt his body backwards to see, up past her soft tummy were her mountainous breasts.  The giant woman had leaned forwards a little, otherwise she wouldn’t have been able to see him with such large breasts in the way, which allowed him in return to see her face.  She was strikingly pretty, and her soft, round features, sharp green eyes, freckled pale skin, and her messy ginger hair were certainly beautiful to behold.  Her full lips were stretched into a grin, showing her teeth; if her expression bore malice then this would have been easy for him, but the cheeky, almost innocent smile as she seemed to be judging his pathetic little life inspired more fear in him than her size alone.


“I’m waiting,” she said, her voice rendered deep and bassy by her size reverberated through the officer’s body and he snapped out of his trance.


“You’re under arrest!” said the officer, apparently more on instinct than anything else.


Gilly blinked down at them, likewise at something of a loss of what to say.  All she could manage was to mumble, “Pardon?”


“I said you’re under arrest,” the officer repeated, “for murder.  Place your hands behind your head and don’t move!”


She twisted her upper body and looked over her shoulder at the path of bloody footprints she’d left from her walk over the street and sucked in a breath through set teeth.  They had a point, for in the space of a few minutes, half an hour, or however long she had been a giantess for she had become the worst mass murderer in history, by just stepping on her helpless victims.  That flicker of anxiety turned to dread; everyone would want retribution for what was ultimately a horrible accident, and there was no telling that the authorities would treat her well.  If they did not outright kill her for this, then perhaps she would be subdued, sedated, and subjected to all sorts of experiments to find out what she truly was.


“No I’m not,” she said petulantly.  This was it, she thought, an opportunity to make a deal with some sort of authority here and try to come to some sort of peaceful solution to this, before it might escalate.  The officer started to say something, but even with the megaphone his voice was overwhelmed by hers.  “Look, dears, I need to find Pat, he’s my boyfriend and he’ll be able to help me.  Maybe you can help me too?  If you clear t’ path ahead for me then I won’t have to step on anyone again, deal?”


Gilly started to squat down and extend her right hand, palm up, towards the officers, which she had intended to be a friendly gesture.  But the sight of this enormous woman suddenly rushing down towards them, apparently reaching out to either grab or crush them with her hand, was too much for a few of the nervous cops.  A volley of bullets struck her in her hand and her prodigious chest.  It felt like little more than light taps against her skin, but the sight of the muzzle flash and the abrupt sound of gunfire had surprised her.


The giantess flinched away from the police, raising her arm to ward off the futile barrage.  She stepped back, and the heel of her left foot crashed through a ten storey office building.  The walls crumbled easily against her heel as it sheared straight through it, as though the concrete was made of brittle styrofoam, and the entire structure of the building collapsed.  Debris cascaded down into a pile of rubble into the streets around her heel, and a cloud of dense grey dust rose to the level of her mid-calf.  Gilly looked down and peered through the dust to see her heel surrounded by a pile of rubble, much of which spilled out into the streets and buried the abandoned cars around its base, as her great mass had compressed what had been walls, floors, desks, chairs, computers, and people into a deep crater.  No one inside could have survived.


The firing had stopped at the barked, panicked orders of the officer with the megaphone.  The tense sort of silence descended again, and even the panicked screams and cries of civilians who had just watched her effortlessly demolish an entire building seemed hushed.


“Look what you made me do!” Gilly snapped, pointing at the ruin under her left foot.


The gunfire started again, a constant, rapid-fire fusillade that seemed to have no discernible effect on the giantess except annoy her.  She felt only taps or pins against her tummy and the underside of her breasts, and assumed that they had been trying to aim for her face, but with her being so close and so massive her breasts were in the way again.  Still, angered that they would be so stupid as to shoot her, however ineffectually, Gilly pulled her foot from the rubble and raised it over the heads of the police line with terrifying speed.  Debris and dust rained down upon them as she held it there, casting the cops in its shadow, and, deep down, relished their fear.


Half of the officers stayed, pouring round after round into the massive sole above them as though that might do anything, while the other half broke and ran, throwing their guns away.  It did not save them.  She dropped her foot down and crushed about half of the police line including the armoured car beneath it with contemptuous ease.  The other half remained, with a few idiots still firing at her, so she simply lifted her foot and repeated the process.  A few had somehow escaped her revenge, knocked over by the two cataclysmic stomps and were either in the process of trying to get up to flee or merely crawling away.  Gilly put them out of their misery by squishing them with her toes.


Gilly had ‘won’, but as the feeling of triumph over the police force here faded she became acutely aware that her little temper tantrum had likely destroyed any chance of her co-operating with the city’s authorities.  However, she had demonstrated the raw power granted by her colossal stature, the flattened remains of the police in her footprints was testament to that, and she thought that if they tried that again then she would easily come out on top.  At the very least, it would show them the cost of annoying her.


The group of people who had stopped to watch their police take on the giantess had become aghast at their protector’s failure, and the all-too-brief moment of hope was shattered utterly in a series of murderous steps.  The usual state of panic resumed, and Gilly stood there and watched as the crowd dispersed and ran from her.


“It was self-defence!” she announced to the people in the streets around her.  “You all saw it, they shot me first!”


No one seemed to be in any position to argue, not that she would bother to hear it either.  The road leading straight into the city centre stretched on, and those tall skyscrapers were much closer than when she started.  If she carried on without worrying too much about what or who she was stepping on to get there then she’d find Pat in no time, and then…


And then what?  Gilly had trusted that Pat would be able to fix things as he’d always done for her, but this wasn’t like repairing a radiator or fixing a broken vase.  Now she was a giantess hundreds of feet tall, apparently invincible, whose footsteps caused the ground to tremble, and hundreds, thousands, perhaps even the entire population of this great city now feared being stepped on by her colossal feet.  And it was impossible to avoid stepping on them, too; anywhere and everywhere she went would entail someone ending up as a crimson stain on her sole.  What was he to do about all of this?  Would he even want to help her now that she had grown into this massive, monstrous freak?  He would look at her looming form and feel the exact fear and horror of her that everyone else had.


With the absence of any other plans, short of sitting down and waiting for something to happen, that was still the only course of action she could think of.  Trying to think of anything else was just too much for her to handle.  She breathed in another deep sigh, tried to put what had just happened behind figuratively as well as literally, and carried on.


Gilly caught up with the fleeing mob in the space of a few steps, and instead of simply squishing them underfoot and carrying on as she had done before, she decided to try a different tactic.  The encounter with the police, though laughably ineffective in stopping her, had made her aware that her actions would not be ignored by the authorities, and while she had proved herself to be immune to bullets, she was not too keen to test that theory with the sort of weapons of mass destruction the most powerful military in the world could bring to bear on her.  It might not be too late to turn things around, she thought, despite the hundreds she had already crushed under her feet.


“Giantesses can be gentle,” she said to herself as she regarded the mob below her.  She’d said those words to Pat when she tried to explain the fetish to him; that it wasn’t all about big ladies crushing anyone smaller than them.


Despite running away from her, the people at her feet seemed to be moving at a snail's pace.  Gilly reminded herself that each of her steps accounted for more than a hundred of theirs, and some of them had been running from her for blocks.  Yet if they would not obey her order to get out of her way and if she was not prepared to stand and wait for them to advance far enough to allow her to take a single step, that left one other viable option that she hadn’t tried yet


Gilly squatted down on her toes, resting her butt on her heels and her arms on her thighs.  The sight of her rushing down towards them so suddenly drove the crowd into higher states of hysterical panic, casting them in her vast shadow.  Their shrill, mousy screams reached her ears as she considered what she was about to do.  Then, steadying herself by placing her left hand on the ground by her toes, flattening a rubbish bin beneath her thumb in the process, she reached out with her right hand towards the laggards in the crowd closest to her.


The first attempt was a failure.  A woman had tripped in her high heels attempting to run, and Gilly had tried to curl her fingers around her tiny form and pick her up, but she had ended up smearing her under a fingertip as wide as her victim was tall.


“Ick!”  Gilly wiped her finger clean on the flat roof of a nearby block of flats, leaving a streak of crimson gore, and decided to try again.


The second attempt started better.  Instead of trying to pick up an individual person, Gilly went for a group of them.  She reached down, curled her fingers around them, and turned her hand so that her catch rolled into the centre of her palm.  Taking care not to crush them accidentally, her fingers relaxed, revealing the six people she had caught huddled on her palm.


“Oh wow,” whispered Gilly to herself.  “I did it!”


She lifted her hand closer to her face to better examine them.  The sudden lift upwards pinned them to the surface of her palm.  It was incredible; tiny human beings trapped in her hand.  There were a few office workers in suits, someone in a green Starbucks uniform, and the rest in casualwear -- just ordinary people going about their day until she came along and ruined it.  Towering over the nearby buildings and crushing people en masse beneath her feet had certainly given her an idea of her massive size, but to literally hold their lives in her hand gave her such a rush of power.  They were practically weightless, and she could only feel a light tickle as they sat in her palm, gazing up at her lovely, smiling face with mute dread.  And to think that she was once as tiny and puny as they were.  She had only to close her fist…


Gilly quickly banished the intrusive thought for the next part of her plan.


“Ey ‘up,” she said.  Her captives flinched at the force of her voice.  One, a man in jeans and a T-shirt, fell to his knees and sobbed, and was comforted by the Starbucks worker.  “Look, I’m trying to be nice, but you little things keep making it difficult for me by running around in the street and getting stepped on.  So I’m going to try something, alright?  I’m going to put you back down now on t’ pavement, and you’re going to stay there so I don’t step on you.”


Her hand filled with tiny lives lowered back to the ground, close to the building by the side of the road, where the fleeing crowd had finally vacated, until it rested on the tarmac by her toes.  The people on her palm seemed a little reluctant to move, so Gilly tilted her palm towards her until it was almost perpendicular with the ground and they tumbled down onto the street.  She lifted her hand and smiled encouragingly down at the tiny people, and for a while it seemed to be working as they remained rooted to the spot in fear.  That is, until the man in jeans and a T-shirt suddenly turned and ran in the direction of the fleeing crowd in the distance.


“Hey!”  Gilly reached down for him.  “What did I just say?”


She tried to pinch him gently between her finger and thumb, but in her haste even the slightest application of pressure resulted in his entire upper body being squished between them.


“Bugger.”  The man’s bloodied remains, now a mess of gore unrecognisable as a man, was stuck to Gilly’s finger and thumb, which she instinctively cleaned by sticking them in her mouth.  The odd, savoury, slightly salty taste registered to her as curious before she realised what she was doing, and she screwed her face up in disgust and pulled her finger and thumb out of her mouth.  This display, however, merely inspired fresh panic in her chosen group of tiny people by her toes, and so they fled screaming in terror from her.


Back to square one again.  Still, aside from those she had just unsuccessfully tried to reason with, the main mass of people fleeing from her had put in a fair amount of distance, albeit one that she knew she would cross in a matter of a few earth-shaking steps.  They were still between her and her goal, the Drapers Building where Pat was having his meeting with James.  It occurred to her that she still had no idea which one of the shiny steel and glass towers in the distance was the one she needed, and while she had initially intended to just look it up on her phone, she had lost it with her sudden growth.  That left her with two options, as far as she could figure out on her own: go through each one and try and find out which one had Pat in it or ask one of the locals for directions.


Thus far her every attempt to communicate with these tiny people had ended in utter failure, but Gilly was undeterred.  Everything would work itself out when she found Pat, she reassured herself.


Despite the crowd having fled further away from her, there were still a few stragglers nearby.  A few miniscule figures, apparently too stunned or exhausted to flee anymore, had been left behind.  Squatting over them, Gilly saw a couple hiding behind a car that had smashed into a lamppost, several other people hiding around the corners of buildings in alleyways and side streets, and even a few simply standing in the street and staring up at her frozen in fear.  There was one, a middle-aged businesswoman in a smart grey trouser suit standing on the pavement.  Gilly could see that she was shaking in terror, and even make out a small puddle between her high-heeled shoes where she had unknowingly wet herself.  She might be a good start.


Gilly licked the tip of her index finger and then lowered it down, touched the tiny woman as delicately as she could possibly manage.  Holding her breath in anticipation, she lifted her finger slowly to her face, and saw that her little captive was stuck there and squirming.  She felt a rush of excitement at having pulled it off, and tapped her finger on her left palm to dislodge the woman onto her open hand.


***


Coffee.  Cassie’s boss only sent her to the Starbucks down the street to get some coffee for the meeting, and she had barely made it out of the office building before she saw this impossibly huge woman stomping down the street, apparently chasing after a mob of fleeing people.  She had wanted to flee with them, but in her terror her legs would not obey her, and she found herself rooted to the spot, unable to move except watch as this giantess squished living, breathing human beings beneath her massive feet and even her fingers.  


And now she was sitting on the giantess’s palm; it felt like sitting on a very firm, very warm mattress, and she could feel the deceptively rough texture of what otherwise looked like smooth, soft skin.  Fingers like thick tree trunks rose up around her, and curled slightly inwards in her direction in a sort of ‘cupping’ motion.


The giantess’s face filled her vision when Cassie looked up.  The huge woman certainly had an attractive face, with a cute button nose and full, plump lips, which made her more terrifying than if she was some kind of hideous monster.  Her features were soft and round, with pale, freckled cheeks dimpled with a grin of genuine excitement, all framed by a tangle of ginger hair.  Sharp, bright green eyes stared down at her relatively tiny form, and Cassie felt as though her life was being judged by some great goddess.  Perhaps, she thought, that was precisely what she was looking at.


“Hi!”  The giant woman’s hot breath washed over Cassie.  “I need your help.”


Cassie was shivering with fright as she stared up at the giantess’s face, barely capable of understanding her thunderous, curiously-accented voice.  She fixated on the movement of her soft lips - it was impossible for her to at that size to see all of the enormous woman’s face at once - catching glimpses of teeth and a tongue like a beast and an endless darkness beyond that she could effortlessly be slipped into.  Apparently heedless of her terror, the giantess carried on speaking:


“My name’s Gilly.  I need to find my boyfriend, his name is Pat, and he’s in something called t’ Drapers Building, only I don’t know where it is.  Could you point me in t’ right direction, love?”


“I-I… I don’t know,” said Cassie, her voice cracking under the strain.


“What’s that?  You’re so tiny I can barely hear you!”


“I don’t know!” Cassie shrieked.  “Please don’t kill me!”


The giant woman’s expression changed - was that guilt?  “I’m not going to kill you.”


“You killed the others!  I saw you stepping on them like- like…”  Cassie didn’t want to say it, but there, in the palm of this huge bitch, she certainly felt like one: “Like bugs.”


“Those were accidents,” the giant woman insisted.  Cassie, despite her terror, was an ambitious woman whose sights had been set on the higher echelons of corporate management, and could tell that the giantess was trying to convince herself of that as much as her.  “Look, I just need to find Pat, alright?  What’s your name, dear?”


“Cassie,” she said.


“Alright, Cassie, I just need you to look up t’ Drapers Building on your mobile for me and tell me how to get there.  Mine’s still back in t’ hotel room, and it’s still tiny.”


Gilly’s tone of voice was as though she was trying to give directions to a child, thought Cassie, as she fumbled for her cellphone in her blazer pocket.  Her fingers trembled as she unlocked it and opened up the maps app, but looking down at her phone and away from this huge woman’s face, smiling down on the tiny thing on her palm, helped to calm her down enough to function.  She could even try to make herself forget about the warm, mattress-like surface she was sitting on.


“It’s loading,” said Cassie, staring at the spinning disc at the centre of her screen and still not daring to look up at the expectant face of the veritable goddess who held her life in her hand.  It occurred to Cassie, as she waited what felt like an unbearable eternity for the app to load, that the giantess’s accent was a strange one -- it was definitely not American, but she seemed to speak English fluently.  The use of the term ‘mobile’ to mean ‘cellphone’ implied British.


“Where are you from, ma’am?” asked Cassie, still not lifting her gaze from the screen.  The app was being slow, and she wondered if the presence of this giantess was somehow interfering with the signal, or something.  In a somewhat cold, analytical sense, she reasoned that keeping Gilly occupied with small talk might encourage her not to crush her, intentionally or otherwise.


“England,” answered Gilly.  “I’m here on holiday with my boyfriend Pat.  Well, I’m here on holiday, but he’s at some sort of business meeting.  I used to be tiny like you, then somehow I grew really big and now I need to find him to help fix this.”


Cassie wasn’t really paying attention to what Gilly was saying, though the sheer force of her voice, amplified by her immense size, made it difficult.  At last, the app worked, giving walking directions to the Drapers Building in the city centre.  She noted that the app had reported that it would take nearly an hour to walk there, but having seen this huge woman strutting down the street, moving far faster than anything that size had any right to but with the same casual gait of any lady merely walking along, she had no doubt Gilly would get there in a fraction of that time.


“You’re heading in the right direction,” said Cassie, forcing herself to look into those huge green eyes.  The sharp needles of fear stabbed into her again.  “D-down that road, over the bridge over the river, then t-turn right along the main highway.  Keep following that and it’s on your right.  It’s directly opposite the Raleigh Tower, the biggest building in the city, you can’t miss it.”


“How big is it?” asked Gilly abruptly.


“What?”


“T’ Raleigh Tower.  How big is it?”


“Uh.”  Cassie struggled to remember the useless bit of trivia, not trusting her cellphone again, before settling on something she thought sounded about right.  “About a thousand feet tall, I think.”


“And how big am I?”  There was eagerness in the giantess’ voice, as distorted by her vastly increased size as it was, and that was mirrored in that keen smile that spread across her face.  That Cassie could detect not a hint of malice in the expression, merely excitement over a discussion about size from a woman with far too much of it, was all the more terrifying than if she had been the snarling Godzilla her stature resembled.


“I, uh…”  Cassie swallowed hard, and it was all she could do to keep from just crying, but she balled up what little courage she could find within herself and stood up on the giantess’ palm.  The slightly soft skin made it a bit tricky to balance herself.  “I don’t know!” she shouted petulantly up at her.  “You said you’d let me go!”


Gilly giggled, apparently finding her futile display of defiance cute and funny.  “I said I wouldn’t kill you,” she said, “and I won’t, but I’ll let you go if you can help me figure out how big I am.”


Without warning, Cassie felt the sudden rush of G-forces pushing her back on her rear, and she fell with a shrill yelp.  Gilly must have stood up, for when Cassie recovered enough to sit up again and look around she saw the clear open sky and the horizon.  Everything else below her was obscured by the enormous palm she was standing on, but if she turned away from the giantess’ face and looked, through the gap between the palm and a thumb wider than she was tall, she could make out the tall skyscrapers of the financial and corporate heart of the city.  The Raleigh Building stood out amongst them, towering over its fellows, as a glass monument to corporate power.  As she stared at it, she wondered how this huge woman might measure up against it.


“How big’s this building?” asked Gilly.  She was looking down at something by her left foot.


“I can’t see it from here,” said Cassie.


“Go to the edge of my hand, I won’t drop you.”


Cassie doubted that, but she knew better than to disobey, so she crawled on her hands and knees over to the gap between Gilly’s monolithic fingers.  The ‘ground’, the giantess’ palm, shifted under her, making the going a little difficult and disorientating, as those fingers twitched.


“You’re tickling me!” exclaimed Gilly as she watched from on high.  Cassie ignored the comment, focusing on the methodical business of pulling herself forwards to the very edge.  There, at the ‘small’ web of skin between the third and fourth finger, both looming over her, she clasped her hands over the edge and dared to peek over at the ground below.


The drop down was dizzying, and Cassie fought to stave off the wave of vertigo.  Her breath was caught in her throat as she stared down at the buildings and streets from hundreds of feet in the air -- the sort of view from a tall skyscraper, but from the hand of an enormous woman.  She could see people, just like her, little more than ants scurrying around through the streets to get away from the giantess towering over them -- a shiver crawled over her spine when she realised that’s precisely what she and everyone else in this city was to Gilly.  Looking straight down, she saw the roof of a familiar office building made of concrete, the view partially obscured by the giantess’ enormous left breast, and a few people on the roof staring back up at her.  The giant woman’s shapely left leg seemed perilously close to it, a few inches away that Cassie knew must translate into at least dozens of feet.  The absurd scale was giving her a headache so she pulled herself away from the edge and, in spite of her fear, sat and leaned against a finger for support.


“That’s my office where I work,” said Cassie.  She paused as she tried to dredge up the now crucial bit of trivia that her life depended upon.  “It’s about two hundred feet tall, I-I think.”


Gilly looked down at it, then back at Cassie.  “It comes up to just under my knee, so that would make me, uh…”  She trailed off, and her brow knitted together as she seemed to be struggling with the calculations in her head.


“Eight hundred feet tall, roughly,” said Cassie.  It was a bit of an educated guess, and she had rounded up in an effort to appease her gigantic captor.  Judging by the broad smile beaming down on her, teeth as tall as she was glistening between her parted lips, it seemed to have worked.


“Thanks, love.  Maths was never my strongest subject.”  Gilly sucked in a deep breath through her teeth and looked down at her naked body towering over its surroundings, turning her head this way and that in a way that made the mess of ginger hair bob playfully as she surveyed the comparatively tiny city and its inhabitants compared to her massive body.  “Fuck me,” she said, at length, and then turned her gaze back to the tiny thing shivering on her palm.  “I’m big.”


‘Big’.  Gilly had said the word with such relish, as though the full impact of what it truly meant was starting to dawn on her.  Yet to Cassie, now huddled in a ball on her palm close to her fingers, such a simple word still felt too small to describe the raw power granted by immense size -- power that she had already clearly demonstrated by merely walking down the street, casually snuffing out perhaps hundreds of lives already beneath her feet.  King Kong and Godzilla were ‘big’, but Gilly would utterly dwarf those two monsters; eight hundred feet tall was a measurement more apt for the magnificent skyscrapers of downtown, and only those indomitable structures, symbols of mankind’s ability to build and create and master its own environment, could even begin to compare to the woman in whose palm she sat.  Cassie, however, could take some tiny measure of satisfaction that the Raleigh Tower was still taller than the giantess.


“Do you like working there?” asked Gilly suddenly, snapping Cassie out of her thoughts.


“Pardon?  What do you mean?”


“I asked if you liked working there.  I could smash it up if you’d like.”


Cassie shivered in mute horror.  She assumed that Gilly had been joking, but given her size she was certainly more than capable of demolishing the knee-high office building.  Swallowing her fear down hard, she forced herself to look up into those bright, eager eyes with black pits she could drown in, and said, “You said you’d let me go.”


“I did, didn’t I?” said Gilly, in a tone of voice that implied she’d just been reminded of that fact.  “You’ve been a great help, Cassie.  I’ll set you down and you can go.  You might want to get out of this city as quickly as you can.”


“Why?” Cassie blurted out.  “What are you going to do?”


Gilly bit on her lower lip, looking almost apologetic.  “I don’t know yet, depends on whether or not I find Pat, I guess.”


Cassie was about to protest further when she suddenly felt her stomach lurch and the horrid sensation of falling overtake her.  She clung desperately to the base of the giantess’ middle finger, her hands trying to find purchase in the deceptively smooth and firm skin there, as she realised that Gilly was lowering her down to the ground.  The weightless sensation ceased as abruptly as it had started, with a hefty thud as the enormous hand struck the ground.


Feeling disorientated by her journey, Cassie tried to stand up again, but this apparently was not fast enough for Gilly.  The ‘ground’ tilted, as the palm rotated until it was almost vertical and she half-slid, half-rolled down its surface and fell over the edge.  Cassie landed on the broken tarmac, rendered uneven by the sheer mass of the woman standing on it, as a battered and bruised heap.  


There, lifting her head up, she found herself face to face with a set of impossibly giant toes, the largest of which was taller than her even though they had sunk part-way into the road by the giantess’ sheer, ungodly weight.  Cassie looked up, following the pair of legs that could be skyscrapers in their own right, their sexy curves distorted by the extreme perspective, to her hips.  She had to crane her neck back to see much further up -- over an ever-so-slightly pudgy stomach to balance out the giantess’ impressive curves to the veritable hills of Gilly’s breasts.  Gilly had leaned forward slightly so that she could peer down at the tiny thing over the generous curve of her massive tits, the seemingly erect nipples pointed down at her as if to mock her puniness.


The cheeky, playful smile was back on Gilly’s face.  She even raised her left hand and wiggled her fingers in a sort of wave.  Then the ground under Cassie shifted, as the enormous foot rose out of its self-made crater, revealing the compacted tarmac and the unrecognisable remains of what had been people, and soared overhead.  She watched it swing forward, the displaced air briefly gusting around her, and slam into the ground.  The reverberations from the impact of god-knows how many tons of feminine power rattled her.  She heard screaming, which had been distant and faint when she was held in the giantess’ palm, cut short with the horrible sound of cracking concrete.  Cassie watched as Gilly took her next step with no particular urgency, and carried on down the street, her ass sashaying with each step.


As the tremors lessened to the point where she could stand, Cassie picked herself off the ground and turned away from the sight of the giant bitch walking away.  The ruined street, littered with footprints that filled almost the entire width of the road, stretched out before her.  With little else to do except take Gilly’s advice to get out of the city before… whatever it was she had planned for it, Cassie climbed over the ridge of the crater and descended into the footprint, and did her very best not to look at the greasy red stains embedded into the tarmac as she passed them.

Chapter End Notes: