- Text Size +

Next morning


The reminders of the giant were everywhere. Hell, ASU had even erected a statue to him. He was by any stretch, their most famous, or infamous alumnus. It was also evidenced by a most of the downtown being a construction zone. As they hopped in their car, she noticed Josh had the thousand-yard stare he frequently got after witness his friend slaughter hundreds of innocents. She tried to give him a pep talk. “Knock it off, you need to focus on your finals”. Josh blankly looked at her for a second. “Oh yeah” he muttered. The he frowned again. “I can’t believe he’d do that a couple weeks before Christmas”. She ignored his moping. He spoke again, gesturing out the window at downtown, “I suppose he did all this on Valentine’s Day”. “To be fair, that wasn’t on purpose” she demurred. 


…….

Valentine’s Day 10 month earlier had been the 1st night Joshua and Emma had sex. It was also the night, just a few hours later, in which Seth would gain his unimaginable powers. She’d been hanging out for a few months with Josh, they’d been talking. He’d told her that on Valentine’s Day, they’d have the whole apartment to themselves because Seth was out at his job. He was an intern at a nuclear power plant, overnight. His coworkers had apparently cut out to go on their own Valentine’s Day dates, leaving Seth to run the whole show at the power plant. A partial meltdown ensued. He’d managed to avert catastrophe, but sustained a high dose of radiation. He’d passed out. Minutes later, carnage ensued. Josh and Emma, cuddled up in spoon position in their bed, were awakened by shattering windows and shattering dishes from the most violent tremor either of them had experienced. They along with all the other college kids inhabiting the apartment rushed out the emergency exits and milled around. It was pitch black, but through the light they could see smoke in the distance. Sirens wailed. everyone checked their phone to see if they could figure out what the hell was going on. Most figured just a powerful earthquake. As dawn broke, Josh directed Emma’s attention to a large pink object, several stories tall. in the distance, a couple blocks away. They wondered what on earth it could be- nuclear waste? But then, it began to move. They could see it was attached to an even larger object. Within seconds, the being rose to its full height. They could see it was the back of a human. Based on the muscular build, and the hairiness, it was a male. Emma and a lot of girls did notice he had a magnificent bulbous bubble butt. Then, the being turned. Joshua nearly fainted. Lots of others gasped. It was Seth. He stood miles tall over the rubble of the other half of Phoenix. He turned his attention towards them. One girl screamed. He smirked down at them, and his penis began to raise growing stiff instantly. He looked down at them for a few seconds, as if pondering what to do, then began to move in the other direction; knocking several people the ground again as he moved. They would learn he could change size at will, and was biding his time for a few days until he could make a bigger entrance. Most knew his carnage was accidental, but it didn’t seem accidental he had walked directly in a path where his feet smashed a 5000-bed hospital, miraculously still standing, and it’s thousands of infirm patients and staff into a paste. His ex-girlfriend, barely a month broken up, was a nursing resident there and died instantly….


Some were smart enough to realize he was capable of much much more death and mayhem. The death toll from his stunt the day prior stood at a few hundred. After he’d had his fun he’d retreated and allowed the emergency services to do their thing without interference. When he’d first had to show his might and topple the national government, he’d revealed his max height as 75 miles. He could’ve just sat on Phoenix and with his nice butt could’ve wiped out at least 5 million instantaneously, with no consequences for him.  he’d done it before. He’d leveled a few multi-million people cities back a couple days after he first grew, as part of his ‘negotiation’ with the government. He’d wiped out Austin, killing 90%+ of the inhabitants, and then travelled in a northeasternly direction towards Washington. Oklahoma City, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville all were wiped off the map. He’d hit cities all the goons in Washington and New York didn’t care about. As he approached Charlotte, a much more prosperous city many had 2nd homes in, the word of unconditional surrender came down. Of course, he had not interest or ability to run a government, so although all officials had to swear allegiance to him, most remained in post. He had nothing to worry about- they knew all to well he could end them and everything they’d ever known in a second. Since then, he’d largely kept his fun to no more than a thousand dead at a time, only a couple times a week. He even took a plane from his east coast mansion in New York to his Las Vegas mansion, not walking it himself and crushing thousands on the way. 


….

Towards the end of her first exam, Emma received a phone call and then a single text message. She casually opened it to check. When she saw the sender, she froze. She hadn’t received anything from that number in almost a year. It was Seth. There were few messages. The first was a photo, an aerial view of the carnage from the night before, with the text saying “started from the bottom now we here”.  The third and final message, was her, nude in front of a mirror. She’d sent it to Josh when they’d been apart over summer break. The message said “don’t forgot bae, I literally rule the world”. She had figured banging all these supermodels or any woman he wanted, he’d forgot about little old her. She was flattered but terrified. She slipped her hands down her pants briefly. But Things were happening so fast. At that precise minute, she saw Josh sprint down the hallway towards her. “We’ve gotta get the fuck out of town, right now”, and he grabbed her and they ran towards his waiting car. 


He’d apparently received similar messages and was terrified. They ripped east out of town at 90 miles an hour. She didn’t know if Seth was just fucking with them, or if he had more serious intentions. Either way, she didn’t think the odds of escape were good. Emma was exasperated with Josh’s hysteria. “You know, if he can have someone hack my nudes, he can geolocate our phones. We need to turn ours off”. Josh looked at her wildly before nodding. “Be my guest”. After switching off the phones, she simply sat in the passenger seat crossed armed and pouty. He hadn’t been able to fuck her satisfactorily for more than a week. She might as well text Seth back, she mused to herself. 


A few gas refills later and at dusk, somewhere in west Texas, they decided they’d ran far enough. They stopped at a seedy motel that didn’t even bother to check their IDs. Unable to use their phones, Josh and Emma flipped on the TV. Josh seemed to have calmed down a little. It was late, just about the wheel of fortune and jeopardy hour. Josh couldn’t handle the news anymore. Every other day his former best friend crushed another few hundred innocents somewhere in the US. Exhausted, Josh passed out next to Emma on the queen-sized bed. She flipped through the channels for a bit. She even checked the news, but there was no relevant info concerning them or their ruler. She put on her jacket, the only one which she had been able to leave with, and tiptoed out into the cool Texas winter night. 

……