- Text Size +

Olivia looked at her city, all its pretty lights now shining as the humans understood her demands, and thought about just heading home now. I should leave, I know I should. But, shit it’s fun messing with these bugs. And honestly, I can read their minds. They kind of deserve this. Convincing herself that she wasn’t just indulging, she decided to keep Las Vegas safe while she kept on playing with Earth. She locked the city into a petri dish and encased it in a bubble of spacetime, to prevent anything from damaging it until she took it back. Once the sample of humans was secure, she focused on her size, and felt herself grow even larger, the crater that once held her city flattened under the wrinkles of her sole.


Now hundreds of miles tall, she started to walk South, smashing a plethora of cities south of Las Vegas in a single step. She stopped for a moment, the idle movements of her toes now burying a large metropolis just in front of her in pounding, unceasing earthquakes. I can maximize the damage West, back where I landed. Lots of bugs there. She willed herself over to the sea near the area south of her landing place, finding an arrow-shaped continent banded at the North by tall mountains. With a sly smirk, she brought her left foot up to her pelvis, balanced on her other foot, and stomped as hard as she could. She watched in amusement as the Earth itself split, hot magma erupting from her stomp. She saw entire cities vaporized by just the impact, any evidence of habitation slowly burned away in the lava. The seas writhed at the energy she released, flooding more and more land nearby. The continent itself detached from the mountain range, and slid under the waves.


As the continent sank into the ocean, Olivia decided to get even more creative. To do that, I need to think bigger. She grew and grew, flying off the surface of the planet to float near it, now easily spanning its entire diameter. If any of you didn’t think I was a deity compared to you, you do now! With only a few undisturbed places left, she turned her attention to a large continent, with a dry desert at its top and dense jungle in the middle. She contemplated its fate for a minute, thinking about just how deadly water has been for the humans during her time here. Olivia brought a hand down into the oceans nearby, scooping up a handful of salty liquid. Slowly, she brought it to the continent, and poured it over, watching as the deluge washed away entire civilizations in mere minutes. The force of the pouring was such that much of it evaporated as it fell, so Olivia kept pouring water, slowly but surely drowning the entire continent.


As she watched it flood, Olivia noticed her stomach started to growl. Well, I don’t think a planet would be appetizing. Maybe I’ll just get an apple back home. Although I am curious… She floated up a bit, an idea beginning to take shape. She hovered over another landmass, full of scared humans, unsure whether they were next to be destroyed. You all got off easy. I’ll see how you things taste. She leaned further in, feeling the heat as her face collided with the atmosphere, and began to lick the continent. She immediately gagged, wanting to reflexively retch back. The taste was awful, but the texture was worse. A wet earthiness, the cities she picked up on her tongue barely offsetting it. The only thing which spurned her to keep moving her tongue over the land was the feeling of millions crunching and drowning in her mouth. Oh… That’s satisfying. The humans here clearly thought they were special, better than the others. Their final moments being subjected to this… degrading act made their agony so much sweeter. Eventually, she ran out of land, flicked up her tongue and swallowed, dooming the few hundred thousand not dead to a quick, painful end inside of her.


Olivia floated back to the landmass where Las Vegas was, this time surveying the lands to the far South. A massive rainforest system ran for hundreds of miles. Olivia could feel the sheer density of life there. Of course, she also knew the humans were in the process of destroying that rainforest. Well, you would have done that before I broke your universe, but now it’s not even to make a cool planet-city, she thought. This species is so uninteresting now. If they can’t use their forests for neat projects, do they really deserve them? Olivia answered her own question by leaning in, hovering her mouth over the center of the rainforest. First, she blew, casting the humid air of the rainforest away toward the flooded continent to the East. She could see the mighty collection of trees and plants begin to dry out, with many outright ripping from the ground from her hurricane force breath. Grinning maniacally, she summoned a bit of static electricity from her finger and pointed it to the ground, right in the middle of the rainforest. Immediately a miles wide fire began, quickly accelerating into a full-on firestorm the proportions of which humans had never seen. In mere minutes, billions of tons of plant matter were aflame, the smoke coming from their burning swallowing the poor continent. Olivia could feel the humans there, the ones that survived the planet-wide earthquakes, choking and boiling from the toxic gases being released.


The planet was on its last legs. I need to get back. But, maybe a little more fun first. She turned back to the continent which attacked her. Spying a large cluster of undisturbed humans just by the ocean near where Las Vegas originally stood, Olivia tensed her index finger behind her thumb. Bringing her hand to the southern tip of the region, she drew back her thumb, flicking the landmass. Millions were dragged into bedrock by her finger, her massive fingernail the last thing any of them saw. Dirt, rubble, and bodies flew into the air, colliding with one another in a beautiful display of explosions. Turning to the Eastern half, she decided to really show the humans how insignificant they are. She would show how she can change their whole planet’s ecology in a single movement. She plopped a finger onto “Quebec City”, nail facing the “St. Lawrence Bay” and dragged it down, pulling up as much rock as she could. Her digit barreled past the megacity she played with already, scooping up more of the little grey patch, accumulating more and more earth until she reached “Tallahassee” (the names of human settlements were so amusing to her) where she flicked her finger up, sending all the accumulated rock up into the atmosphere. The mass of dust spread outward, mixing with the ash from the immolated southern continent. Soon, the whole planet will be covered. No sunlight for you, tiny things!


Olivia floated back, surveying the planet she had spent the last hour bullying. Every inhabited continent was mangled, scarred, drowned, or burned by her slightest efforts. If a city wasn’t directly destroyed by her, the massive quakes from her steps and attacks leveled them into piles of rubble, the efforts of billions of humans over centuries of labor all completely nullified by one girl in a few hours’ time. She breathed a sigh of satisfaction, happy to have not only gotten her city sample, but to have also blown some steam off in the process. Taking her dish in her hand, she focused on the mental image of her apartment. Soon, she was back in her own dimension, her little city by her side, safe.