- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey, sorry for the hiatus, pretty sure I'll be retaking calculus class. Enjoy!

"The measure of a man is what he does with power." - Plato

"What the fuck just happened? Did I do that?" Rinda exclaimed in disbelief as she wiped the mushy apple off of her finger with a paper towel, she had always been a physically weak person, so the fact that she had just managed to crush an entire apple in one hand shocked her. After throwing the paper towel into the trash and stuffing her ruined hoodie into her backpack, she looked at herself in the mirror once more in her plain white shirt underneath; Thankfully none of the coffee had soaked through underneath, although the shirt did look smaller than normal.

"Must've shrunk in the dryer." She thought, also chalking the experience to hysterical strength. Grabbing her backpack and hurrying to her next class, she tried to ignore the cramped feeling in her shoes along the way, making a mental note in the process to check them out later.

Opening the door to history class, every eye in the room immediately turned to her, exactly the kind of attention that she doesn't want; Although the stares were different somehow and she couldn't gauge why. The class had already started five minutes ago, and Ms. Anthrope isn't exactly a nice teacher when it comes to leniency for lateness; Hell, the 83-year-old prudish prune shouldn't even be alive in her opinion.

"You're late." the white-haired woman states in an annoyed tone.

"I'm sorry ma'am." Rinda replied, hoping that she would drop the subject.

"And arriving with such indecency too! What is it with you young ladies nowadays dressing so scantily?"

"What are you talking abou-" She stopped abruptly as she looked down on herself; The hemline of her black pleated skirt that normally rested just slightly above her knees now rested at mid-thigh. She can feel the stares of some male students behind her as they tried to take a peek at her panties below, everyone would've caught a peek if the hemline was any higher. Now she knew why the stares were different.

While her school didn't have uniforms, it did dictate that all skirts must at least reach the knees with leniency sometimes for one or two inches here and there; This obviously wasn't the case with her. Embarrassed beyond belief and annoyed by the perverts behind her, she quickly took a seat next to her friend Agatha while the teacher went back to the chalkboard while shaking her head.

"You want me to call out those perverts for you, Rin?" Agatha whispered, the 5'5 olive-skinned Greek-American girl was ready to pound the boys in the back into submission.

"No, I don't want to start anything else." Burying her head into her arms as the teacher droned on, Agatha got the hint and left her alone while wondering why Rinda of all people decided to wear such a short skirt to school; And was she always this tall before?

"What the hell is happening? Everything was normal this morning, and now everything feels a size too small, even my feet are hurting!" Rinda screamed internally. She couldn't find an explanation for what was happening, she knew for a fact that her skirt was a normal length this morning and her size 6 sneakers weren't causing her any pain, they must've shrunk somehow, but HOW?

Lifting her head up, she tried to focus on the lecture but couldn't, and then something caught her eyes: she normally couldn't see over the head of the girl in front of her, except now she can. A realization is beginning to dawn on her as she poked her friend on the arm.

"Agatha." She whispered.

"Yeah?"

"I need you to trust me on this: Ms. A has her back turned, can you stand up on the count of three?"

"Whatever you say."

"Alright; 1, 2, 3!"

As the pair stood up, Rinda can only stare with her mouth slightly ajar at the sight before her.

"No way..." She mouthed silently. Normally her eye level came up to Agatha's neck, but now its at her nose. Doing mental math for the distance between her nose and neck, that would make her about 5'3. It was then that she realized that nothing shrunk, she GREW.

Chapter End Notes:

Let me know how I can improve my writing!