- Text Size +

            A week after Macy’s wedding, Jess and Drew found themselves attending another, Chris and Keiko’s. The heat wave persisted, allowing what was originally an indoor wedding to transition easily to an open air one. St. Latitude’s Church of the Open Roof was a tiny church built with the mission to accommodate all of God’s children. Located in a secluded woodland, the miniature church was built with a removable roof, similar to a doll house, and featured large pews on either side of the building to allow bigs and tinies alike to attend service comfortably. It also made for a great wedding venue when a tiny party expected large guests.

            Jess was seated alone on a pew on the right side of the church, seated closest to Chris’ side of the family. As the best man, Drew was helping Chris and the others make the final preparations. Jess sweated and fidgeted by herself; it was nerve-racking looming over the tiny folk as they gossiped and leered at her.

            “It’s just not natural,” one woman jeered. “How could he think to bring her?”

            “I know. I bet the bride is furious, having her wedding day spoiled by a giant eyesore.”

            “Frankly, it’s perverse,” an older gentleman declared. “The thought of those two having relations is sickening. There are children here for God’s sake.”

            “Look at her eyeballin’ us. Probably hunting for her next snack.”

            “Did you read that article about how bigs are actually a failed lab experiment that overthrew the government?” a young man in flannel asked. “That’s why they oppressed us for all these years, to get back at us for making them freaks in the first place.”

            “That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard,” another man argued. “Clearly, bigs are aliens sent down from Mars to harvest our organs.”

            From high above the church, Jess could only make out bits and pieces of what the tinies were talking about, but it made her uncomfortable all the same. The conversation on Keiko’s family’s side had nothing to do with the giant woman; they were more concerned with determining what Chris’ salary was and what the bride and groom’s children were going to look like. Jess thought about swapping to the pew on the other side, but doing so was impossible for her without making a scene.

            “Are these seats taken, miss?” a man called out from beside her feet. Jess looked down, a large grin spanning across her face. The man was short, about one and three quarters inches. His wife standing beside him was even shorter, and a bit rounder, but they both had warm smiles adorning their faces. Though she had never met them in person, Jess instantly recognized the old couple.

            “Mr. and Mrs. Richards! It’s so good to finally meet you! Of course, you can sit with me.” She lowered her palm onto the floor and waited for the old couple to climb on.

“Please, the pleasure’s all ours,” Mrs. Richards commented. Mr. Richards got on first and helped his wife aboard before being brought up onto the pew next to their son’s massive girlfriend. “Oh, you’re even prettier in person.”

“Thank you. How was the flight in?”

“It was the best flight we’ve ever been on,” Mr. Richards said. “Those commercial airlines have come a long way in accommodating tinies.”

“Are you and Andrew living together yet?” Mrs. Richards asked.

“No, it’s still too early for that. Though, he does spend a lot of time at my apartment. I think that’s mainly because I can’t stay over at his, you know, because I can’t fit in it.”

“Oh ho ho, I knew since he was little boy he’d wind up falling in love with a giant,” Mr. Richards said. “Ever since he got his hands on the family computer, all he’d do was listen to big music and watch big movies. You mean a whole lot to him, I hope you know.”

“Thank you. He means a lot to me too.”

“Do you want to see his baby pictures?” Mrs. Richards asked with gusto. “My nephew taught me how to put them all on my phone.”

“Ohmigod, yes! Send me every last one.” The giant woman was getting the evil eye from everyone on Chris’ side of the family. Now that she was talking, her booming voice drowned out everything they had to say. Jess didn’t care; she didn’t even notice. She was too busy gushing over the hundred baby pictures Mrs. Richards sent to her phone.

Once the ceremony began, Jess put her phone away. “Can you guys see from there? I can hold you, if you’d like.”

“That’d be delightful, dearie,” Mrs. Richards responded. The old couple once again clambered onto her palm. She rested her top hand onto the other and held it at the edge of her lap, giving Drew’s parents a bird’s eye view of the wedding. Drew walked down the aisle with the rest of the wedding party. He looked up and waved to his girlfriend as he approached the altar. Unable to wave back, she smiled and nodded, glad to see his smiling face all the same.

            “Thank you so much for coming!” Keiko shouted, practically jumping onto the toe of Jess’ heels. The ceremony had just ended, and the happy couple were greeting all the guests outside the church entrance.

            “I had to after all the trouble you went through. I’m sorry my size is such a nuisance.”

            “Stop talking crazy,” Keiko responded. “This is the best day of my life, so all my friends have to be here. And if Chris is going to insist on a traditional wedding, then I’m finding the church where the roof comes off.”

            “Why are you making me sound like the needy one? I found this place.” Chris wasn’t all that religious himself, but his family was, and he wasn’t going to spend the rest of his life getting an earful over where he held his wedding. He leaned over to Drew and whispered in his ear. “If anybody gives you two shit, let me know. I’ll make sure their thank you cards get ‘lost in the mail’.”

            “We rented a big reception hall too, so everybody will fit,” Keiko continued. “Including the DJ. We hired a big one with giant speakers to really get the dance floor moving.” Drew had tried to help pay for all this, feeling it was partially his fault they were spending all the extra money, but Keiko’s parents graciously refused. Giving their daughter her dream wedding was a point of pride for them, even if it meant spending much more than what the tiny alternatives would cost.

            The ceiling stretched on forever, far above the heads of the tiny guests. Chris was getting worried Keiko’s neck would hurt with how much time she spent looking up at it. The reception hall appeared mostly empty save for the DJ set-up in the corner and the miniature tables, chairs, and popup bar situated together in the center of the expansive room. It all seemed a bit much to fit a single oversized guest, but it gave Keiko an excuse to hire a big DJ with giant speakers, so everyone’s happy. Everyone aside from Chris’ family that is. And in truth, the DJ set his speakers to a quarter volume to be more comfortable for the guests’ puny ears. Keiko also wanted to hire giant catering, but Drew convinced her that big food wasn’t as good as one would expect.

            The arrangement was similar to Macy’s wedding with the wedding party seated at the front. Jess had her own table, a chabudai with zabuton seating, so she wouldn’t have to sit so far above everyone; Keiko’s father was very proud for coming up with the idea. While Drew was seated next to Chris, his parents decided to sit on Jess’ table to keep her company. And though Jess appreciated it, the gesture did little to appease some attendants’ fears of becoming a giantess’ dinner.

            Speeches were had, cheers were made, food was served, everything went without a hitch, mostly. After the dancefloor opened up and people began mingling, Chris’ father approached his son, Drew having gone over to Jess’ table.

            “Hey, your mother’s crying in the bathroom,” he said.

            “What’s wrong?” Chris asked.

            “She thinks Drew’s girlfriend is ruining your wedding.”

            “How? All she’s done is sit there and talk to his parents.” Chris’ dad rolled his eyes, not a fan of playing the middleman.

            “I don’t know, ‘she’s all everyone’s talking about,’ some crap like that. You know how she gets around her relatives, thinking their opinions are worth something.” Chris’ father was no fan of bigs, but he could tolerate them way easier than he could his in-laws.

            “What do you want me to do? Ask Jess to leave?”

            “God no, she got your grandma and Uncle Rick to leave early. That makes her a saint as far as I’m concerned. Just try and talk your mother down, convince her she’s overreacting. Your bride’s family seems happy enough, and I actually respect them.” With a shrug, Chris made for the bathroom. It took about ten minutes of sweettalk and hugging, but he eventually got her back to the party.

            “Aren’t you two going to dance?” Mr. Richards asked Jess and his son. The three Richards were seated around Jess at her shortened table.

            “No, I don’t want to cause a disturbance. Or, uh, more of a disturbance,” Jess answered. “What about you two though?”

            “My hip’s not what it used to be, dearie,” Mrs. Richards replied. “And my husband has two left feet anyway.” Mr. Richards shook his head and gestured to Jess that his wife was the real bad dancer. “Oh, but that does remind me of a story when Andrew was a little boy.”

            “No, it doesn’t, mom,” Drew chimed in.

            “It was the school musical. He was in first grade…”

            “Mom, that story’s really boring, she doesn’t want to hear it.”

            “…and he was cast as one of the dancers. He always did love to dance.”

            “Mom-” Jess covered Drew’s face with her thumb, muffling his voice so she could listen to the story unimpeded.

            “So, anyway, his dance partner was Cindy Worcestershire, and Andrew had a crush on her at the time, and they were going have this cute little dance number…” Drew pried himself off her thumb, so she closed her entire hand around him. “…but before the show, Andrew drinks an entire cup of pop, one of the big gulps you find at the gas station. I swear the thing was half the size of him.” Drew wriggled through the space her middle and ring fingers, only for Jess to shove him back in with her other hand. “Anyways, so he’s standing with the chorus, and through the whole play he’s jumping up and down, and he’s bumping into his classmates, and he’s squirming like mad.”

            “Don’t tell me,” Jess commented, covering her mouth with her free hand.

            “No, better yet,” Mr. Richards took over, “He and Cindy walk on stage for their dance. She’s facing him, and he’s still fidgeting like a madman. And just as they’re about to start, he looks her in the eyes and shouts ‘I have to pee’ loud enough for the whole school to hear it, before shoving her to her ground and dashing off stage to the restroom.” Drew crawled out of his girlfriend’s hand, her laughing having relaxed her grip. “So, Cindy’s on the floor crying, the rest of the class is laughing like no tomorrow, and they had to shut the whole thing down early.” Drew sighed, taking a relaxed pose on the table while he waited for Jess to stop chortling. With the DJ’s music playing, Jess’ outburst was mostly drowned out, leading to less glares pointed in her direction.

            “Poor Cindy wouldn’t speak to you for the rest of the year,” Mrs. Richards concluded.

            “That didn’t matter. We were in first grade, so it wasn’t a real crush anyway. No, what sucked was getting laughed at every time I needed a bathroom break. I just stopped asking after a while, had to go during recess.” Jess fussed Drew’s hair with her finger, much to his chagrin.

            “Aw, but if things were different, you might be dating her now instead of me,” she teased.

            “Psh, I guess it was a good thing Dad bought me that pop.”

            By 11:00, guests were starting to pack up, including Jess and the Richards.

            “Thank you so, so much for coming!” Keiko said, shaking Jess’ index finger. The larger woman was kneeling on the floor, holding her boyfriend and his parents in her other hand.

            “Of course, thanks for inviting me. Enjoy the honeymoon.”

“We will. Thank you!”

Once everyone waved and said their goodbyes, Jess left with her party, exiting out into the parking lot. “You two are staying at Drew’s, right? Do you want me to give you a lift?”

            “Oh dearie, no,” Mrs. Richards declined. “That’s too far for you to carry us.”

            “I believe she meant in her car, honey,” Mr. Richards corrected before craning his neck to face Jess. “That won’t be necessary. We got a rental, might as well use it.” Jess reached their car and lowered her hand next to it. Drew got down to help his parents off Jess’ hand. “Now, you two be on your best behavior while we’re away.”

            “There’ll be no problems, sir. Drew’ll sleep on the couch like he always does,” Jess said with a wink. Mr. and Mrs. Richards got into the car, now out of earshot from the young couple.

“She’s such a nice girl,” Mrs. Richards said. “I hope they stay together.”

“I think they will. He’s much happier with her than he ever was with a normal sized girl.”

“As long as they have a child our size. I need to be able to hold my grandchild.”

As the tiny car pulled out, Jess lifted Drew onto her shoulder and slowly walked down the sidewalk to her car. It was a clear night sky, hundreds of stars illuminated the grounds as the excitement of the week’s second wedding died down behind the couple.

            “I like your parents,” Jess said.

            “Yeah, they’re alright. Nowhere near as threatening as yours.”

            “Will you quit it,” she chuckled. “You act like they want to step on you or something.”

            “I’m not convinced they don’t!” Jess rolled her eyes and picked up Drew, dangling him between her fingers before her face.

            “Hey, as long as I’m happy, they’re happy.” She brought him closer to her lips; her warm breath washing over him. “And you know what’d make me happy?” Scooping Drew up with her tongue, Jess rolled the tiny around in her mouth. He fell face down into the divot of her molars, her cavity fillings softening his landing. Jess lowered her upper teeth gently onto him and grinded them back and forth, applying just enough pressure to scratch his back without tearing his clothes. Drew was lulled into blissful leisure; even he was impressed with the level of finesse Jess accrued handling him in her mouth. Upon reaching her car, Jess pried his limp body off her teeth and pressed him against her cheek with her tongue.

            “You own the tux your wearing, right?” she asked as she started her car.

            “No, but I’m sure I’m not the first guy to return one covered in drool.”

            “Listen, if they won’t take it back, I’ll pay for it.” The tip of her tongue wormed its way down the collar of Drew’s shirt, snapping off the buttons as it tore through his soggy clothes. “And if I happen to swallow it, don’t go diving for it.” She sucked on her boyfriend for the duration of the ride home, and for most of the night.

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed the wedding double feature. We nearing the end on this story with two chapters remaining.