- Text Size +

*

 

Laura arrived quite some hours later at the Air Bnb rental. It had been perfect, a secluded spot and the owner hadn't asked any questions or needed to see her. She just used a digilock to get the keys and she was inside. 

 

She unpacked all of her things and then brought out the tower and jewellery box. 

 

She really didn't know what to do next. She checked that the contents of both were still in one piece. 

 

She placed a very small bottle cap of water inside the jewellery box for the tiny people and a few bits of bread and cheese. 

 

Then she sat down at the small dining table with the tower, a lamp, and a small kit of tools that she had kept for fixing her bike. 

 

She pulled off the sticky tape and started to pry open loose pieces of glass to get inside the sky bar. 

 

She could hear tiny screams from within. 

 

"I'm just trying to help you, please come out," she said gently down to the occupants. 

 

They didn't seem so forthcoming. 

 

She levered a tool in the metal frame of the roof and pulled. 

 

It took a bit of effort and creaking of metal but eventually it sheered off and tore a large opening in the roof. 

 

She kept removing pieces until she had enough of the roof open. 

 

She gently emptied the loose contents of the sky bar. 

 

A few people fell out. Some looked fine, others looked injured and others still looked dead. 

 

She placed the dead on a tissue and scooped up the rest and added them into the jewellery box. 

 

Then she examined the rest of the tower. It would take more time to investigate for survivors. 

 

She decided to have a drink and mull it over. She made herself a Gin and Tonic. She decided that it had been a bit of a full on day, so she made herself a quadruple measure of gin and drank it down. 

 

Then she fixed herself another. 

 

Her mind whirled through what she should do next. 

 

Was she completely screwed? 

 

She decided that she definitely needed to hide the evidence. 

 

Perhaps she could bury the tower or something once she had got everyone out. 

 

Then she started thinking about how to get everyone out of the tower. 

 

The more alcohol she drank the more easily the ideas came. 

 

Some were too far-fetched. 

 

At one point she nearly decided to just crack the tower open and shake the contents out, but she didn't think it would have a high survival rate. 

 

She looked around the apartment for some inspiration and drank another glass of Gin. 

 

She found a washing up tub. That gave her an idea. 

 

She decided to pierce a good size hole on each floor of the tower on one end and then some others on the other end. 

 

She placed the tower on its side, with the single holes facing down, in the wash tub and put it in the sink and turned the taps on. She tested the temperature with her hand to check that it wasn't too hot or cold.

 

She turned the taps off every few seconds and then turned them on again. 

 

Her theory, in her alcohol addled state, was that the tiny people would be buoyant and the water flooding the tower from below would eventually rise and then bring the tiny people to the surface. 

 

After a few minutes and the water was reaching near the top she did finally see people crawling out of the holes that she had created on each floor. 

 

She watched in amazement. It was a lot of people. 

 

She giggled as she took another sip of her Gin, when a person stumbled and fell off the side of the tower into the water. 

 

She tossed a piece of sponge into the water for them to cling on to. 

 

Eventually the water was at the top and the side of the tower was teeming with people. They were crowded in a long thick line. 

 

She smiled and clapped her hands together, pleased that her plan had worked. 

 

The tiny people all looked up at her in terror, the huge giantess had flushed them out and now they were stranded in the middle of a bucket filled with water, in the middle of a sink, in an unknown giant kitchen. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Check out my site for more of this story and others like it, or to show me your support. I welcome your feedback:
https://subscribestar.adult/richardchdavies - note you can join this any time of the month and get a full month subscription I am also open to writing commissions, check it out.