- Text Size +
Lexi frowned while the duo walked through the serene woods on that mild February night. The breeze was calm and welcoming as a cascading stream of cherry blossoms passed them by. Lexi had on a variation of her "ShrinkGirl" costume, made to look more like a dress with it cut off on the sleeve, shimmering purple with her purple boots. Leah was dressed in a tasteful shade of orange, in a dress that wrapped around her body with elegant ruffled patterns, wearing orange heels to match, her light purple purse tagging along for the ride as it draped over her shoulder, sealed fairly tight with a gold buckle.

"Leah ... I'm not sure this was the best idea..." Lexi sighed, a slight shiver coming about her, as maybe it may not have been the best idea to go out in the 50 degree or so weather in a tight dress.

"It was your idea!" Leah scoffed with a giggle, as the two friends made their way across the lush greenlands of Fenster Forest en route to perhaps the strangest party they'd ever been to. Perhaps? That's pretty much a given that it would be.

"I know ... I just ... I don't know..." Lexi sighed, now smiling but it was a bit of a pensive one, she looked down at her own hands as they fidgeted. "I got the impression the fairies were pretty secretive about this and bringing a plus one may ..."

"Huh, so now I'm just a plus one?" Leah scoffed in mock offense, "I'm your best friend!"

"Yes! Yes!" Lexi giggled, quickly realizing her mistake, "and might I say that dress is just FABULOUS! You are killing it, girl!"

"You're stalling, Lex" Leah raised a brow, always quick to notice, "Look... if you really didn't want me to come..."

"Leah, you know that's not true" Lexi shook her head, looking a bit worried that Leah would even think that, she'd quickly seize her best friends shoulders to keep her from turning away completely, "Actually um ... I'm lost."

Leah would suddenly dropped her raised eyebrow and give her a flat look "You're what?"

"I'm lost" Lexi shrugged, giving a dopey smile, "It's a big forest, Leah ... I mean do you remember every square inch of this place?"

"You are so full of it!" Leah giggled, "you know where it is..."

"Don't you remember our vacation to Wisconsin?" Lexi smirked, looking around as nerves were beginning to take over as well. She honestly didn't remember the exact location of the colony, only that it bordered the lake, but she had been looking for the trail of fireflies to show the way and they weren't appearing.

"We had to stop and ask for directions like 20 times..." Leah sighed, finally realizing her best friend wasn't pulling her leg and they were truly screwed when it came to navigation. "W-Well, never a bad night for a walk in the ... what was that?!?"

Leah almost jumped as something flew out from a bush, fading into the night sky.

"I think it was a bird, Leah, no worries" Lexi chuckled nervously, the sudden flighty creature also scaring her a bit but it did buy her some more time to explore another dirt path which she would take Leah towards.

It is too bad she didn't take more time to really examine that "bird" though. It was something a bit more than an average avarian. Rather it hung several hundred feet in the air, and what could maybe be mistaken for an eye at quick glance was more of a headlight. More on that later...

Back on the surface, dressed up best friends Lexi and Leah were on their way to the grand Valentine's Day Festival. It was truly the stuff of fairy tales. Now all that was missing was ... well ... the fairies.

Leah would shrug as the two continued their stroll through the forest, the trees and fauna eventually receding as they reached the lake.

"I don't care how this night turns out, yknow why?" Leah asked, "It's just you and I ... hanging out ... it's been a while, yknow?"

"Yeah, seems the last time it was just us was ... well... the night after the whole Enormo situation..." Lexi nodded

"Ugh, would rather not think about that night..." Leah sighed, "you were great ... but everything else? Not so much"

"I know" Lexi replied, tempted to offer a hug but she'd refrain, wanting to keep the mood up, "so in case we don't find this place ..."

Lexi would kneel for a moment as if she were a Disney princess and offer a hand to the giggling Leah, "May I have this dance, m'lady?"

"Oh, why certainly Lady Lexington" Leah giggled, playing along as she'd kneel down and set down her purse. She was about to seize Lexi's hand for what would be a very cringe worthy slow dance before remembering an important detail. "Actually ... hold that thought ..."

"Hmm?"

"Well it is Valentine's Day ..." Leah started, kneeling down for her purse,

"Oh no...." Lexi shook her head, her smile flexing with interest as she peered down at her friend with curiosity. Just what was she reaching for? "I thought we said no gifts anymore..."

"Well I know, we stopped giving each other gifts for Valentine's Day officially last year but had to do something for the girl who not only makes me laugh all the time but literally saved my life not that long ago"

Lexi gave Leah a flattered smile as she patiently waited, suddenly entranced by a swirling pattern of sparkles that seemed to entangle her ankles and flow up and down her body.

"Wait ... Leah ..." Lexi stuttered, the fairy sparkles surrounding the both of them, "How are you doing this?"

"I'm not" Leah giggled, also distracted from her efforts to get into her purse by the fact that her fingers, arms and body were being serpentined by the wayward glitter. "Wait..."

It was almost as if the lightbulb went off in both girls heads and they were completely taken out of their touching friendship moment by the spectacle that was about to befall them.

"Omigosh fairies!!" both girls screamed, taking the others hands and giving a little leap as if they were about to see their favorite boyband or something of the like, before quickly releasing the grip, Lexi tucking the hand behind her head while Leah paced a bit, trying to maintain some form of adult composure

"I mean yeah ... no big deal..." Lexi would giggle, trying to do the impossible and hide her gargantuan grin

"Yeah I mean ... psh, see them all the time..." Leah added, her voice muted but still audible as her eyes carefully perused each blade of grass by her feet for any sign of fairy life, "...in the movies..."

After a few moments more of the fairy sparkles would appear the fairy named Spark, wearing a stunning ball style gown that was also surprisingly modern, cut off at the legs to resemble more of a skirt. It was a vibrant red like most of what she wore and featured flashy sparkles along its front and trim.

"Oh my gosh!" Leah would gasp, Spark hovering just a few inches from her face, "Y-You're ... you're tiny"

Lexi would lean in very matter of factly.

"She's a fairy, hon ... I think she KNOWS she's tiny" Lexi said

"Oh gosh I'm so sorry" Leah gasped, "what's the appropriate word?"

"Tiny is fine" Spark would smirk and shrug. Why couldn't all humans be as cool as the ShrinkGirl and this other brunette newcomer. Maybe her colony wouldn't be so skeptical of them. "So ShrinkGirl..." Spark would flutter over towards Lexi who now donned the facial expression of a young girl caught with her hands in the cookie jar, "Who told you that you could bring a plus one?"

"To be fair, she IS my best friend" Lexi shrugged

"I'm kidding ... I'm actually surprised you only brought the one ..." Spark smirked, loving how shy the two girls were in her presence, "Of course Esmerelda won't be happy, but eh, what she doesn't know won't hurt her"

"Who's Esmerelda? Is that her mom?" Leah asked Lexi

"May as well be" Spark answered, hearing the question, "Anyways ... I'm glad you brought a friend and all but ..."

"Hmm?"

"Is she a uh ... size shifter... like you?" Spark asked

It was then a very obvious thing dawned on Leah.

"Oh. Oh my." Leah blushed, smirking a bit but also seeming a bit nervous by the question, "I'm ... I'm ..."

"She's not" Lexi answered for her, realizing what this would likely mean. She wasn't sure she was really prepared for this just yet. The only person she had actually shrunk other than herself was Gloria Graff and that was more or less an accident.

"Oh. Oh well..." Spark said, a bit softly but not really shyly as she took a few laps around Leah's body, flying around her in a circular formation, "I don't know if you noticed THIS, brunette girl, but you're kind of ... uh ... what's the appropriate word... ginormous?"

"Hey!" Leah snapped, again with mock offense, "I was sensitive about YOUR size... but yeah..."

Leah would then hang her head in shame, as if her size were something she willfully controlled in an effort to be bigger than all of fairykind.

"Okay okay, there's a perfectly rational plan to solve all this" Lexi nodded, attempting as she often did to break the ice, not noticing her fingers were currently attracting electrical particles in the air, static electricity seemingly jumping from one digit to the next.

"Well yeah..." Leah cut in, "you simply shrink me to fairy size"

Lexi turned bright red, surprised at the confidence over which Leah said this, although in retrospect it wasn't really all TOO surprising. Between the two, Leah was probably the one SLIGHTLY more fascinated with the idea of being tiny and if she was ever to shrink her best friend, it would probably be here where at least she'd be in the company of other small people in the form of fairies. But still ... was she ready for this? Was Lexi?

"...I was gonna say maybe you act as our giant DJ or something...?" Lexi blushed sheepishly, attempting to deflect.

Leah gave Lexi a very disgruntled look as she tapped her high heels shoes similar to Sonic the hedgehog when you let him idle too long in his iconic video games. The pressure only aided in increasing the pressure on poor Lexi who felt uneasy, her heartbeat raising although she luckily didn't feel woozy like the last time when the electrical fields seemed to increase in her tense body.

"Look, I don't even know how these shrinking powers work...." Lexi whimpered, her breathing becoming short and shallow. Her right hand tucked slightly behind her back to hide the fact that it was definitely different from the left. She was having some trouble moving it as if it had suffered a bit of a shock.

Spark's attention simply darted back and forth, not sure what kind of fight she may have unintentionally started between the 2 best friends. She stepped back a few steps, noticing Lexi seemed to be at a loss and Leah, who's name she didn't know, seemed to be the bossy one of the two. Now she knew how her siblings felt.

"Lexi, if you are really my best friend, you will shrink me to fairy size this instant!" the disgruntled Leah demanded,

"Okay, look I can try, but I can't gaurantee certain things..." Lexi stammered, cautiously reaching her hand out towards Leah, the sparks on her fingertips practically begging to make the leap over to her best friend who seemed remarkably calm about that, blowing it off as more 'fairy sparkles' in the air

"Lex, cmon..." Leah blushed, her tone changing from a bit impatient to calm, although still a bit frustrated, "I'm not gonna like hate you if it doesn't work, it's just ... well, a little embarassing being the only GINORMOUS one here"

Spark would nervously chuckle and continue receding back just a bit, not wanting to become further involved.

"I know Leah ... and ... I will .. I will TRY to shrink you, okay? Just stand still" Lexi sighed, a deep breath taken and her hand extended gently, she'd give her friend a gentle tap on the shoulder and as the sparks left her body, she could feel the sensation.

It was similar to what Lexi herself felt when she shrank but instead she was the witness to her formerly 5'6 tall friend disappearing into her orange dress and heels, now presumably standing somewhere in the giant sized heel shoe after she heard a squeaky scream.

Lexi would just let out an exascerbated sigh, "...I tried to warn her..."

Spark would look very confused up towards Lexi as she rose a bit over the pile of human clothes. Lexi gave her a sheepish look and shrug

"You mean...?" Spark asked, figuring it out pretty quickly

"It's not a perfect science, okay?" Lexi blushed, slowly shrinking herself so that she matched Spark (and Leah) in size. "I don't suppose you have something in the colony she could wear?"

Spark would nod, "Y-Yeah of course ..."

"Spark, wait!" Lexi would stop the crimson dressed fairy who would swiftly turn around

"Hmm?"

"Your dress is really pretty" Lexi grinned, giving her a thumbs up

"Heh, you too" Spark giggled, flying off in a hurry

This left Lexi to try to fish her frantic best friend out of her clothes, approaching slowly

"Lexi!" Leah squeaked, "Wh-where are you? Ohhhh, I knew I shouldn't have worn my high heels for this..."

"It's going to be okay" Lexi sighed, pushing through a pile of orange fabric to try to find Leah. Of course it was easy for her to say. She had shrunk close to 100 times at this point, between her free time and some of her missions. She wasn't quite nearly so calm her first time.

Leah was struggling under what felt like several pounds of crushed silk as she pushed her way out of the high heel shoe, her bare feet now standing on the cold grass as she let out a shiver, her naked body shaking as she could see a lump moving towards her.

"W-Wait!" Leah squeaked, trying to somehow hide herself

"Leah... not like it's nothing I haven't seen before" Lexi shrugged a bit

Leah gave her best friend a pouty look as she ducked back, hiding futilely behind a blade of grass

"Okay fine but how come YOUR clothes shrank with you?" Leah asked, not knowing how she could be so silly to assume her own would. Good thing she kept the receipt for the formal dress.

"It's ... a long story ... some kind of concentrated nanites ..." Lexi explained, "and sometimes I CAN shrink clothes too...it's confusing"

"And you had to choose NOW to forget how to do that?!" Leah squeaked, still appearing helpless behind the blade of grass, which honestly wasn't concealing much. Lexi gave her a sympathetic nod

"I understand it's scary... and I'm still working on it... I promise next time ... well if there is a next time..." Lexi sighed

"There better be a next time!" Leah snapped

"Huh?"

"W-Well yeah, I'm cold and .. uh ... naked" Leah sighed, "but ... this is ... kind of what we always wanted, remember?"

Lexi shrugged, and nodded giving her best friend an encouraging look while also trying really hard not to stare.

Before long, they'd both hear Spark's voice from outside the circus tent that was Leah's former dress.

"Hold on, I think the cavalry is here ... let's hope you're Spark's size" Lexi nodded, running out to meet her fairy friend.

Leah would stand there pensively, shivering a bit, but as soon as her nerves began to calm, it began to sink in that she was truly tiny. Even more so, she was about the size of Tinkerbell. As if that wasn't enough, another of her fantasies was about to come true, albeit unintentionally.

"So ... I think you may be interested to see this..." the equally tiny Lexi told her best friend as she slowly approached her, carrying something folded up in her arms. It didn't take long for Leah to notice the color of the garment.

"Is that...?" Leah gasped

"M-Maybe but please don't make mention of it..." Lexi chuckled nervously, "they seem to get a bit sensitive about it"

With that, Lexi would toss her unclothed friend a shiny green dress. That's right, the same color (or close to it) as Tink herself. Leah would enthusiastically change behind her blade of grass, emerging in the long green dress which didn't fit her too badly.

"Oh my God, Lex, look at me!!" Leah giggled, "we should totally take a selfie..."

"Eh ... maybe ixnay on the elfiesay" Lexi chuckled again nervously, "they seem a bit ... touchy about that"

"'They'?" a facetious Spark would emerge into the "changing room" having overheard the 2 tiny girls talking, "You know I can hear you, right? Fairies have an amazing sense of hearing"

"I always thought that was an old wives tale..." Leah nodded, acting as if she knew. It was nice for Lexi to see that her best friend was slowly calming down. She watched as Leah fluffed the green dress around her waist, marveling at it.

"And yeah ... maybe don't mention to Lark that the dress reminds you of ... you know who" Spark shrugged

"Lark?" Leah asked

"Her sister" Lexi explained, "it's a whole thing ... actually, that's the whole story"

Lexi would take a moment to stand back and admire her now also tiny best friend in the green dress. It wasn't an exact copy of the Tinkerbell dress but in Leah's mind, it was as close as she'd ever get, the size of a fairy and in a pretty green dress, which also had a couple of slits in the back that a human dress wouldn't have to allow for the wings.

In typical dorky Leah fashion, she'd even twirl around a bit, emulating Tinkerbell's classic stance and pose when displaying herself for guests. Lexi would smile but it would be sort of a half cringy smile, while she looked back at the seemingly impatient Spark, "...she uh ... doesn't get out often" Lexi said

"Alright, well, shall we go?" Spark asked, motioning out to the vast woods in front of them

"O-Oh yeah of course!" Leah nodded, still a bit shy but excited about the whole thing. Spark would fly out from under the large orange dress that Leah formerly fit into and raise it up like a tent for the duo to get out and see the woods again. "Ummmm... is it okay for me to leave my stuff here?"

"I don't see why not" Spark shrugged, "nobody comes out here, save for a wizard maybe"

"There are wizards too?" Leah gasped, "this place has EVERYTHING"

"It certainly is ... something..." Lexi chuckled, walking alongside the 2 girls. Well, Spark kind of just floated there.

Back at the party, a group of fairies were dancing underneath the flashing colorful lights, highlighted by the gorgeous central palace and its clear reflective water. There would be the equivalent of a fairy DJ overseeing the whole thing from a floating booth just above a makeshift dancefloor of cobblestones and tiled titanium. It was an odd mesh of old and modern styles but it was something the fairies enjoyed each year, along with other magical traditions.

All seemed to be having a great time, except Mark who hung around on the outskirts but unlike some of the other citizens in attendance, he wasn't mingling or talking with anyone, just remaining perched on a small chair fashioned out of stump and looking at the pretty Dani from across the clearing. She was still dressed in a way similar to her battle armor but she'd even made a few modifications to the bottom so it appeared more like a dress. He'd just look away and sigh, as he watched her talking with his sister Lark.

Lark, determined to break any stereotypes of being "Tinkerbell" was wearing an orange dress this time and had her hair down, not that it mattered too much as she had kind of short hair to begin with. The comparisons would likely never end.
Mark couldn't help noticing that whatever Dani and Lark were talking about seemed to have some concern behind it, as the two would eventually approach him. Mark became a bit hopeful that maybe Lark had convinced the pretty warrior fairy to offer him a dance. It would be a pity dance, but hey, a dance is a dance. Sadly, this would not be the case.

"Mark, have you seen Spark?" Lark asked, "she went out to look for that ... human girl a while ago and still hasn't come back..."

"I don't know, I thought I saw her stop by the house momentarily" Mark replied, recalling her brief stop there to get Leah some clothes, not that he knew what the clothes were for, "...but maybe not, I've been a little distracted, yknow and..."

"Okay, thanks..." Lark replied, not even acknowledging her poor brother beyond that while an equally anxious Dani followed close behind, her sword slowly appearing from her hip as she had started drawing it, just in case.

"I liked the human girl..." Dani said softly, looking over at Spark while they hovered across the paths departing from the plaza, "...but you can never trust humans"

"I don't know ..." Lark sighed, "Spark seemed pretty certain on this one ... maybe we're just worrying for nothing"

"There!" Dani yelped, harshly thrusting Lark behind a small tuft of grass to offer cover as if they were hiding behind bushes

"Ugh!! Dani!!" Lark groaned, the side of her dress incurring some mud from the incident, "what are you doing?!"

"Look" Dani whispered, pointing from between the grasses to reveal Spark walking with Lexi and a third girl they hadn't seen. "The human has brought a reinforcement..."

"Who's ... also small like us" Lark pointed out, "Y'know Dani, I appreciate what you do for us but don't you think you take this whole warrior thing a bit TOO seriously sometimes? ...Dani? DANI?"

Lark sighed, neglecting to notice that Dani was swift like the wind and had already evacuated the makeshift hiding spot to confront Spark and her human friends.

"Halt!" Dani shrieked, presenting her sword fully drawn so that the tip would reach out just inches from Spark's face causing her to lurch backwards and throw her hands back in defense so that Leah and Lexi weren't hurt.

"Dani!! H-Hi..." Spark smiled nervously, seemingly only scared for Lexi and Leah's sake

"Who goes there?" Dani asked dramatically, backing away and aiming the sword around a bit as if pointing a rifle, she'd crouch to appear more menacing. However, there was one person who seemingly wasn't scared to death of this and had a much more contrary reaction.

"Oh my gosh!" Leah squeaked, "are you some kind of like fairy knight?!"

Leah would unwisely pop out from behind Lexi and Spark and slink around Daniella, the noble fairy knight, checking out her gilded armor, her dress underneath and the shiny fairy sword which glistened with a touch of fairy magic. Dani wouldn't attack but would instead look very confused, just holding her stance, her eyes shifting over to Spark in pure confusion. Spark responded with a shrug.

"She uh ... doesn't get out often" Lexi sighed and repeated

"S-Sorry" Leah sighed, stepping back, "W-We're not bad guys or anything I promise"

"I'm starting to figure that out ..." Dani sighed, resheathing her sword, "sorry for the sneak attack, I just became worried when Spark didn't return to the party after a while"

"Oh that's because she was getting me clothes!" Leah replied, causing Lexi to facepalm a bit. Maybe not the best explanation, despite the truthfulness of it. Again, Dani shot a confused look towards her fairy brethren, Spark.

Lark would come out and tilt her head, "Isn't that my dress?" she'd ask

"I'm letting her borrow it" Spark explained, "...it's a long story"

"She shrank without her clothes, huh?" Lark asked, also matter of factly.

"Okay, guess it's not that long a story" Spark shrugged

"Damn, that music is pumpin'" Lexi giggled, being able to hear some of the music even from their fairly significant distance as they were now on the outskirts of the fairy colony.

"So I don't get it ... how come we've been to these woods so many times and nobody ever sees this place?" Leah asked, marveling at the entire civilization the fairies had built.

"Our realm is strictly guarded against all potential challengers or opponents from realms known and unknown through the power of the Fensteria Flumox, a power source contained deep under our terrestrial stronghold... it holds the wisdom, strength and magic of generations of fairykind, allowing it to act effectively as a shield, cloak and dagger for any who would dare challenge the might of this great plane of existence...." Dani proudly explained, fizzling the minds of pretty much everyone present, including the fellow fairy named Spark

"...there's like a big cloaking forcefield type thing over the colony" Spark nodded, which got both Lexi and Leah on board with the idea, rather than whatever nonsense Daniella had just rattled off.

As the four ladies filtered into the main atria of the Fensteria Plaza, home of the Valentine's Day festival, both Leah and Lexi were bombarded with the lovely sights and sounds, the rich colors, mainly pink and purple that flooded their eyes, as fairies young and old seemed to be having a grand time.

"This place is beautiful!" Leah exclaimed, her squeaky voice even shifting up an octave in her moment of bliss.

Spark smiled at the humans' reaction, also gazing around at the magesty on display, before her eyes undeniably would shift upwards and see a disapproving Esmerelda, her own eyes filled with disdain and contempt, from the balcony on which she stood atop, before receding into the grand hall of Fenestria.

Spark simply sighed and shook her head, being unable to stand the rules any longer. Recent events had shown her that humans could be trusted and were even a lot of fun. While she wasn't as well versed in human culture as her own seemingly obsessed brother Mark, she was definitely more interested in learning a thing or two having met Lexi and her friend Leah.

The bright lights and sweet music, as strange as it may have sounded drew Lexi and Leah in where they'd join a crowd that was gathered to check out the show, a live band currently playing in place of the DJ from earlier.

"We are ... the FAIRIES!!" the band announced before launching into an enthusiastic rock set.

"Not... the most creative name, huh?" Lexi asked

Spark simply shrugged.

After some time, Lexi found herself absorbed in the crowd, chatting with many of the fairies, dancing to some of the strange songs -- and they were only strange because they seemed to be in a foreign language that she later learned was called Fenstarian. She'd turn to notice Leah was no longer around but then saw she was talking with Spark and smiled. This was such an amazing night ... she could've just gone to her own college's Valentine's Day Dance but chances are it was mad boring...

===

"Man this is mad boring..." Josh sighed, just watching the dance play out while checking things on his phone, sitting off on some bleachers in the schools tacky decorated auditorium which was adorned with various paper hearts and twirly trim which hung from the ceiling. The spotlights were impressive, sure, but it was nothing compared to say, a certain fairy inhabited region.

His friend Trent would stop over to pay him a visit, overhearing some of his griping about the dance being boring.

"Well maybe if you spent some time just talking to people or something... rather than being on your phone" Trent suggested

"Eh, the person I wanted to ask didn't wanna go..." Josh said, scrolling through his phone while keeping it somewhat close to his person. After all, he didn't want his friend to know he was actually checking the website he had designed for Lexi. He still thought in his mind that she needed a mask if she really wanted to conceal her secret identity effectively.

"So...? Ask someone else..." Trent shrugged, "I asked like 4 girls before Chrissy finally said yes... don't tell her I said that by the way..."

Josh would chuckle but give his friend the thumbs up, "your secret's safe with me... now just get back to the dance, I'll be there in a moment"

Josh would sigh, his eyes fixated on the stunning purple and gold SG logo and what it resembled ... liberty and justice for small.

===

Spark leaned in, smiling a big wide grin as Leah told her what her idea had been for Lexi's Valentine's Day gift.

"That sounds soooo amazing!" Spark grinned, "I'm sure she'll love it! Have you given it to her already?"

"W-Well no ..." Leah shook her head, "was about to and then well ... I shrank"

"Hmmm, yeah I could see where that would be a problem" Spark nodded, her head leaning down as she thought about the logistics, then snapping her fingers, an idea striking her. "Hey! Hey ... it's still in your bag, right? Back in the woods?"

"Well yes, but ... why do you ask?" Leah asked

"Cmon" Spark smiled, taking Leah's hand and leading her away from the crowd, "say how do you feel about flying?"

"You mean like on a plane? I've never really..." Leah started before realizing that's not what the crimson beauty had intended, noticing her own feet beginning to lift off the ground, if only by a couple inches, "S-Spark are you sure about this?"

Spark would grin a cocky grin and look at her human friend with glee before responding, "Nope!"

She'd whisk Leah back towards where they had started, flying her carefully over the clearing of blades of grass while Lexi stayed behind, just mingling with various people. The Fairies, as it turned out were one of Fensteria's premier rock bands and they were finishing up a star studded set that included such hits as "Sparktarium Markstum" and "Colonium Marnimus" ...yeah Lexi had no idea what any of these words meant but the songs were catchy.

She'd find herself bopping along to the final song of the set, a real rockin' number that had her raising her hand in the air, practically fist bumping as she took a single leap backwards, yelling, "YEAHHHHH!! FENSTARIA FRAKTUM!!"

The jump backwards came with a cost though, as these things usually would. Lexi would find herself bumping into a bystander who also seemed to be invested in the music, a lady with pretty red hair wearing a cute toga style white dress. BUmping into her would be embarassing enough but she also caused the beautiful young woman to spill a gold goblet of some kind of yummy looking purple drink onto her chest.

"Oh no, Miss I am so sorry!!" Lexi whimpered, ready for the young lady to turn around angrily and probably slap her or do whatever fairies did to people who did such things to them. It was probably a tradition so horrible that nobody spoke its true name. From what little Fenstarian Lexi had picked up in the song, it was probably something like ... wait ...

Lexi's train of uninhibited thought was suddenly interuppted immediately once seeing the emerald green eyes of her spill victim.

"MARA?!"

===

This would be but surprise #1 in a night full of them to this point. For elsewhere in the woods, Leah and Spark were just landing from their harrowing journey through the woods. Geez, it hadn't felt like such a long walk from the purse to the plaza but it somehow seemed LONGER flying even though Spark could fly faster than she could work. Leah also wasn't too pleased with the state of her hair.

"W-Well anyway..." Leah sighed, shaking her hair out but to no avail ... the wind in this place did something fierce to human hair. She could probably straighten it out but all such tools in her purse would be too big for her to use now which led to her next question for Spark, "isn't my gift for Lexi going to be too big to give her right now?"

"Leave that to me..." Spark giggled, her fingers glowing a bit.

Not too long ago however, there would be someone else in the woods, a young boy who was dumbfounded as he had been out there looking for his cell phone but instead came across a... purse? Of course this young boy's path and that of Spark and Leah would now cross inevitably and upon doing so, Leah would just look up in stunned amazement. She recognized this boy.

"CHRIS?!"