- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A still-shrinking Kirito struggles to assert himself.

Kirito shrank even more as he slept, and by the next morning he was no more than half Yui's height. “Daddy you're so small!” she exclaimed as soon as he appeared, and hurried over for a better look. She was so huge and her steps so loud that Kirito had to resist the urge to run away from her. “Isn't daddy the cutest?” Yui said, laughing as she patted Kirito's head.

“He is!” Asuna joined her in mussing up his hair, the both of them moving his head back and forth with their hands until he pushed them away.

Greatly annoyed, Kirito tried to compose himself and act like everything was still normal. If he didn't take charge of the situation now, things would only get worse for him as they treated him more and more like a little kid, or worse, like a pet.

“Ahem! Yes, I'm a bit smaller, but I shouldn't have to remind you that I'm still your dad and your husband, and you need to pay me the same respect as before. Let's quit playing around and go have breakfast as a family, okay?”

“He-he! His voice sounds so squeaky now!” Yui said, completely ignoring everything he'd said to pet him again.

Getting really annoyed now, Kirito pushed her hand away with much effort. “Hey! Didn't you hear me? I told you to quit playing around. Asuna, help me out here, will you?”

“Oh, Kirito, don't be so grumpy! We're just curious about how small you've gotten. No need to make such a big deal about it.”

“Mom, let's compare our size! I want to see just how small daddy is!” Yui held Kirito by the shoulders and slowly pulled him closer. Kirito tried to move away, but suddenly he felt a wall behind him and when he looked around he saw that Asuna was standing there, with her legs keeping him from getting away. Then Yui stepped up to him, and he found himself pinned between their bodies. “Look! Daddy's barely as tall as my hips now!”

“And he's not even as tall as my legs! I bet he could even fit between them,” said Asuna. The both of them giggled while he tried in vain to escape their bodies, until finally Yui stepped back and he burst out of the cage of legs.

“Okay, that's enough!” Kirito said with a sigh. “If you two won't respect me then I'm going out by myself! I just hope you won't be so childish about my height when I get back.”

“Whoa, whoa, hold it young man!” Before he could reach the door, Asuna stepped in front of it, blocking his path. He tried to walk past her, but she moved to cut him off each time. When he tried to surprise her by ducking between her legs, she pressed her thighs together and trapped him. “Nice try, Kirito, but there's no way you're getting past me at that size. You're really in no condition to fight anything right now. Didn't you learn after yesterday that it's too dangerous?”

“T-that was just a mistake on my part! I should have brought more supplies when I went. Now I have my inventory packed with all the supplies I could ever need. I don't need you to come along with me this time, but I'll allow it as long as you show me the respect I deserve. And... let go of me already!” He tried to squeeze out of her legs, tried to push them both apart, but they were so much stronger than him.

“Pfft! If you can't even manage to defeat my legs, how do you think you're going to beat any monsters out there? Face it, Kirito, you couldn't fight against anything stronger than a slime!”

“What are you talking about? I can totally beat your legs! Just... let me grab my swords and I'll show you!”

“You're talking an awfully big game for such a short little guy. You really think you can beat me?”

“Easily! I checked my stats and they're not even that low yet.”

“How about we make a deal, then? If you manage to win, I'll go with you to fight more monsters. But if you lose, then you'll have to do all your training here at home and do anything that Yui and I ask for until you grow back!”

“Deal!” Kirito said, and he stumbled and fell over as he was suddenly let go. Yui and Asuna both giggled over him like they were laughing at their pet dog who did something silly. His face was flush with indignation when he stood up and wiped down his coat with as much bearing as he could muster, storming out of the house to the clearing outside where he and Asuna sometimes practiced their skills. There he stood on the well-trod ground, swords in hand as he waited for Asuna to come challenge him.

But Asuna still stood atop the steps to the house's entrance, looking thoughtfully at him and at Yui. “Actually... I think I have someone else who would make a fairer challenge for you. Yui, why don't you go up and fight your father?”

“Should I really? I don't want to hurt him.”

“What do you mean you don't want to hurt me? I'm the one who should be saying that about you! Come on, Asuna, I don't need this pity. I can take you on just fine.”

“It's alright, Yui, you don't have to hurt him at all. Just pin him to the ground so he'll admit he lost.”

“Are you even listening to me?” Kirito shouted at them. “Oh, fine, whatever. Let Yui come down if she wants.”

“Okay! Here I come!” Yui bounded playfully down the steps and skipped along until she was standing across from Kirito. “Daddy, I want you to have a fair chance, so I'm going to give you five minutes to try and beat me. If you can't, then I'll have to beat you with my legs alone.”

“What? No, I'm the one who's going easy on... Oh, forget it. Let's just get this over so I can go practice.”

Asuna walked to the side of their battleground and raised a hand straight up. “Ready, fighters? Go!” she announced, bringing her arm quickly down.

Kirito jogged over to Yui without any great rush. He didn't care for the thought of her going easy on him, but at least if she wasn't going to resist then he could win this “battle” quickly and go do something more useful with his time. Once he stood beside her, he crouched and held her by her left calf, pulling on it to try and knock her down. His stats were much reduced, only about 40% of what they'd been before he put on that stupid ring, but since Yui had such a low combat level, he figured it still wouldn't be an issue to knock her down and pin her.

Yet, when he tugged on Yui's leg, it didn't even as budge an inch. She wasn't doing anything special to keep her balance—as far as she could tell she was just standing like normal, with hands clasped behind her back and a look of amusement on her. Maybe he just didn't have a good leverage point? He shifted his feet and then tried again, but when Yui pulled her leg back a bit he was launched towards it and hit his head on her knee. “He-he-he!” she snickered, so clearly amused at him.

Kirito stood up, rubbing his head. He didn't understand; he should have been strong enough to defeat her easily. What was going on? He pulled up his character screen, but the stats it showed weren't even one percent lower than they had been when last he checked them. And as for Yui's stats...

“What the!?”

Kirito was shocked when his scan of her came up. Her stats were some six times higher than they should have been! He found the same thing after scanning Asuna. How was this possible? Did they both suddenly become way stronger? No, that didn't make any sense. It must have something to do with his shrinking. Maybe more of that weird spaghetti code the developers used to implement this gimmick. His real stats must be way lower than he'd thought, but instead of showing it correctly, the game was making it look like everyone else had gotten stronger.

“Are you getting cold feet, Kirito?” Asuna asked, grinning as she saw his shocked expression.

Kirito looked back at Yui. Her stats were so high that even with his swords he wasn't sure he could damage her. And the immense discrepancy between them was only increasing the longer he waited. At the same time, he didn't want to hurt her by accident, so when he ran at her to attack he started fighting with just his fists to make sure it was safe. Yui only laughed; she wasn't taking any damage from him. Kirito then drew one sword and tried out some simple attacks. Still nothing. He pulled out his other sword and kept intensifying his attacks, throwing swing after swing at Yui's legs, whose defense stat rendered all of it useless.

Time was running out and Kirito grew desperate. With nothing else to lose, he pulled both of his swords back and swung them at Yui's legs with a fierce battle cry. But as soon as they struck, there was a loud SNAP as one of them broke in half, leaving him staring wide-eyed at the blade clattering on the ground while his fingers still gripped the broken hilt.

“Okay, that's five minutes. Yui, why don't you finish things up?”

Yui giggled and swiftly raised her knee, hitting Kirito squarely in the chest and knocking him right off balance. He fell on his back, and moved to get up, but a heavy weight fell on his chest and pushed him firmly down. “That was easy! You're sooo weak now, daddy.”

Kirito grunted as he tried to wrest her foot off of him, but it was way too strong for that. At about a third of his size, it was big enough to cover his whole torso. He could feel the soft flesh of her sole warp against his body while it pressed down on him, and his hands sank into it when he tried to push it away. “Yui, get off of me,” he finally said to her when he realized he'd never get out on his own.

“Don't worry, daddy, I'll let you go! Just as soon as you admit you're weaker than my foot!”

Kirito grimaced. She really had beaten him with just her foot, hadn't she? “I... I only lost because I was holding back. My character screen wasn't telling me my real stats and I didn't know how strong you were until I scanned you. If I knew from the beginning I could have gone all out and beaten you with the right strategy.”

“Silly daddy! Quit making excuses and just admit you lost to my foot!” Yui pressed down with more of her weight, and Kirito redoubled his efforts to escape.

“L-let me go! You already know I'm weak so why do you need me to admit anything?”

“Your daddy's too stubborn to admit he lost, Yui. Why don't you ask him to do something else for you instead?” Asuna suggested, leaning over to get a good look at his struggles.

“Hmm. Oh, I know!” Yui moved her foot forward, until her big toe was resting on top of Kirito's chin. The thing was huge now, easily big enough to cover his cheek. “I'll let you go right after you kiss my toe, daddy!”

“W-what!? There's no way I'm doing that! Just... get your foot off of me already! P-please?”

“First a kiss. Then you can go.” Yui's tone was more a command than a request. She spoke like she was talking to a dog, not her own father. The last thing Kirito wanted to do was to kiss her toe. It was the most humiliating thing he could think of. But he couldn't fight back against her foot and he was only getting weaker the longer he struggled.

“Alright, I'll do it. Here, you see?” With his lips puckered, he leaned a little bit forward and touched his lips to the bottom of Yui's big toe and gave them a quick peck. “There. Now will you let me go?”

“Come on, Kirito, that wasn't a real kiss! Our daughter deserves better than that.”

Kirito grimaced, but with Yui's toes wiggling over his face, he closed his eyes and went in again, this time keeping his lips on her toe for a second and pulling them away with an audible “Mwah!” He had never been so humiliated in his life, and he shuddered as he moved his lips away, feeling as if something big had shifted between him and Yui. Going by how she grinned at him, she felt it too.

“Good, daddy,” she said—or, was it “Good daddy”?—and moved her foot off of him at last, letting him stand up and wipe the dusty footprint that she had left on his chest.

“I'm glad you're learning where your new place is, Kirito.” Asuna spoke like she was lecturing him, but she seemed more amused than anything. “You're weak and tiny, and you're only going to get weaker until this is over. Yui and I will take care of you, but you have to be good and do whatever we say, and remember it's all for your sake so try not to complain about it, okay?”

“Yeah, I get it; just don't rub it in so much.”

“Who's rubbing it in? I'm just telling you the truth. You're weaker than our daughter's foot now, so there's no way you can go training on your own. But I know you still want to practice for your big battle, so I have a compromise for you. Instead of going out to fight monsters, you can practice your attacks on the training dummy, or try fighting Yui again to practice dodging. Now, I'm going out to buy some supplies. Yui, stay here with Kirito and make sure he doesn't get in trouble, okay?”

“Okay, mom!”

“Bye, Asuna.”

Asuna waved them both good-bye. While she was gone, Kirito occupied himself with the training dummy, practicing all of his moves on it with Yui watching him. He thought it would help him take his mind off of everything, and at first it did help, but then he noticed that the numbers saying how much damage he dealt kept getting smaller and smaller as he kept on shrinking. After a while he stopped to let his stamina recharge and looked at his ring, frowning. “This is ridiculous! There's no way anyone thought an event like this was a good idea,” he thought to himself. “How much smaller am I going to get? Will I really end up as small as Yui and Asuna's toes?

He glanced at Yui, who was still sitting on the steps to the entrance. As if she could read his thoughts, when she saw him looking over she stretched out her legs and wiggled her toes, grinning smugly at him all the while. The gesture made his face go white, and he quickly turned back to the training dummy, which itself was already a giant next to him. Hardening his grip on his one remaining sword, he launched himself at it in a savage frenzy, throwing out swing after swing, with as much ferocity as if it was his own fear and insignificance he was beating down.

He kept at it for a few hours, succeeding at least for a little while in distracting himself. He only stopped when Asuna got back with the supplies and announced she'd be making lunch. “Why don't you come in and get cleaned up, Kirito?” Putting his sword away, he left the dummy behind and went to lie down on the couch and rest. Once he was feeling better, though, his stomach started growling and he went to see if the food was ready yet.

He entered the kitchen standing just two feet tall and stopped right behind Yui and Asuna, staring up at them both. His head only reached about halfway up their thighs now, and each of their legs was nearly as thick as his torso. It wouldn't be much longer before he reached no higher than their knees—probably by tonight.

Yui and Asuna were both busy, with Asuna helping Yui to slice up some carrots for the stew, and neither of them had noticed him yet, which helped drive home just how far beneath them he already was. They only realized he was there when Asuna turned to get something from the table and almost tripped on him. “Kirito! Watch where you're standing!”

Kirito lay on the ground after her knee had hit him right in the chest. “Sorry. I was just coming to ask if the food was ready yet.” He took Asuna's hand that she offered him and got up.

“Ours isn't, but yours is.”

“What do you mean? Aren't we all eating the same thing?”

“Oh, no, with how small you are there's no way you could eat with us. I mean, look at you: you're as small as a baby! You probably couldn't handle regular food. You'll have to eat something softer today.”

“That's ridiculous! Anything you can eat, I can eat too!”

“Hush, Kirito. Go sit down and don't make any more noise. Remember that this is all for your own good. Here; eat.” Asuna grabbed a plate and set it down on the table, pulling back a chair for Kirito to sit at. Grumbling, he went over and with some effort climbed on it. He had to stand on the seat just to see over the edge of the table, and while he stood there Asuna pushed the chair forward so that he could reach his plate. He saw there was nothing in it but a pile of mashed potatoes.

“Are you serious? This is all I get?”

“If you're still hungry when you finish I can give you something else. For now, just eat.” Asuna went back to the stove and left him mulling over his meal. He grabbed the spoon. It was the smallest one Asuna could find, but even so it felt unwieldy in his hand, as big and heavy as an axe. He tried to wield it to scoop up some mashed potatoes, but he couldn't do it comfortably from where he stood. In the end he had to climb on the table and sit cross-legged right by the plate, holding the spoon by its neck to scoop up his meal. Worst of all, he could hear Yui and Asuna snickering behind him while he ate.

He finished just as they were coming to sit at the table with him, and left before they could tease him any more. “Where are you going?” Asuna asked. “Not outside to train, right?”

“Just taking a little nap,” he muttered, and went to lie down again. After lunch, Asuna and Yui came to the living room and found him still fast asleep. They giggled softly among themselves, then when Asuna whispered something into her ear, Yui went and tiptoed until she stood in front of the couch, with her back turned to Kirito. She looked at him over her shoulder, aiming herself properly, and slowly lowered herself until her weight came to rest on his body, her butt covering everything but his head and his feet.

Kirito awoke with a cry and tried to wriggle free from this huge white thing that had him pinned down. It wasn't until a few seconds later that he heard Yui's laughter and realized what was happening. “You don't mind me sitting on your lap today, do you daddy?” she asked him, wiggling her butt on him to make herself comfortable.

“Y-Yui, please... you're too heavy...” As always, he was powerless against her. He only got out when she finally let him go, scooting off of him to the side. Then he stood and leaned against the back of the couch while he caught his breath. “I swear, if you two keep this up, I might not make it to the raid boss at all.”

“Oh, don't be that way! We were just joking, isn't that right, Yui?”

“Ugh, whatever. I'm going out for a walk now. See you later.”

“If you're going outside, you have to go with Yui. You can't take care of yourself, and we wouldn't want anything bad happening to you out there.”

“I can handle myself fine! I don't need Yui's or anyone else's help.” Kirito said resolutely and marched towards the door. He tried to ignore that Yui and Asuna were both following him, but he realized that he could feel the floor shaking with their footsteps. “Well, it's a wooden floor, so it's normal for it to shake,” he thought, but he couldn't remember it ever shaking this much, or their footsteps being this loud.

Still, he tried to ignore that and focus on his purpose. But when he reached the door, he realized he had a problem. The doorknob, it turned out, was too high for him to reach. He hopped up a few times, batting it with his hand. When that didn't work, he jumped and grabbed it in both hands thinking he could make it turn, but he just ended up dangling uselessly from the handle while Yui and Asuna both stifled their laughter.

“Yui, help Kirito out, will you?” said Asuna.

“Here, daddy.” Yui held Kirito by the armpit and lowered him back down, then turned the knob by herself and opened the door, now walking out in front of him. Kirito glanced back at Asuna, winced at her smug grin, then went outside in defeat. He had wanted to some time away from the others, but apparently that was too much to ask at his size. Instead he trailed after Yui while she teased him the whole time. “Hurry up, daddy! You're falling way too far behind!” she told him more than once. Even so, she didn't slow down for him at all, as if to prove how much more capable than him she was. He had to jog just to keep pace with her, and he couldn't keep it up for long. He had to take a lot of breaks, which Yui loved teasing him about even more.

By the time they got back, he didn't think he would ever want to go for a walk again. While Yui held the door open for him, he plodded inside on leaden legs, tried climbing on the couch, and when he couldn't do it, collapsed on the floor instead.

Hearing them come in, Asuna came over to greet them. “Did you two have a nice walk outside?” she asked.

“I did, but daddy was too slow and I kept having to stop for him.”

“Well, it was nice of you to give him time to catch up. Remember that your daddy's smaller than you now, so we have to take care of him together. You did a good job, Yui. Now go get washed up, okay?”

As Yui left, Asuna walked to the couch, where she picked Kirito up and sat him against the armrest on one end. He was too tired to object or even speak, and just took the time to relax on the soft cushion. But suddenly two heavy weights landed on his lap and he sat up with a start to find himself face to face with a giant pair of soles. Each was as long as his whole upper body, with their toes rising slightly higher than his head. Looking past those splayed digits, he saw Asuna's face peering down at him from the other end of the couch. “I'm sooo glad you're back now, Kirito,” she said with a curl of her toes. “My feet have been killing me after working so much around the house. I could really go for a foot massage right now.”

Kirito was no stranger to giving her foot rubs, but he wasn't in the mood at all. He sank his hands into her dirty soles trying to push them off. “Can't you ask Yui to do it instead?”

“Massaging a woman's feet is a job for her husband. Besides, I like your dainty little hands feel so much better on my sole. But if you're too tired, I'll just have to take care of it myself.” Suddenly her foot rushed forward, leaving Kirito smothered between her sole and the armrest.

Kirito tried yelling at her to stop, but her second toe covered his mouth completely and when he opened it he just got the taste of dirt and sweat. “Ahh, that feels so good!” Asuna moved her foot from side to side over the armrest, and dragged Kirito along with her sole. “What about you? I bet being rubbed under my big soft sole feels like a massage over your whole body. Do you want me to go on?”

“Please don't.” Kirito said as soon as she moved her toe off his face. “I'll rub your foot if that's what you want.”

“Then get to it!” Again Asuna presented her soles to him, and with a sigh Kirito pressed his hands into the left one and started rubbing. Her sole was dirty from going barefoot all day, but at least it wasn't sweaty, he thought. He started working around her heel, rubbing away many specks of dirt that covered it, and little by little worked his way up her foot.

Before long, Asuna tapped on his face with a toe. “Rub a little harder, Kirito.” Scowling, he pressed his hands deep into her flesh, digging all the way down to massage her foot muscles. “Ahhh~! There you go!” With his tiny hands rubbing at the source of her tension, her feet started moving in response to his touch, soles suddenly stretching or scrunching, sometimes leaning forward in pleasure to smother him again. This kept going until all the tension had left her feet, then they just lay softly on his lap to receive his massage.

“This is perfect! I wish I could keep you this size forever so you could rub my feet like this every day~.” Kirito grunted. “Hey, don't act all upset! I know you like rubbing my feet.” Usually that was true, but not today. Those two walls of flesh resting on his legs had him intimidated, as he couldn't help thinking that they might soon become even bigger for him. The ring was still on his hand, which meant he wasn't finished shrinking yet. It might end tonight, or tomorrow morning, but if it kept going past that, he feared that by this time tomorrow he would already be smaller than either one of these two feet, and who knew how much smaller he would end up after that. By the end of it, even her toes might look gigantic.

Still, as time went by, and especially after Asuna lay back and stopped teasing him, Kirito started to feel it wasn't so bad. In fact, it was almost relaxing working on Asuna's soles. Once he had brushed off most of the dust, they were as soft as warm as ever. It was nice having them on his lap, and feeling their warmth radiating over his body. Even the smell was alright, if a bit stronger than he would have liked. It was so soothing that he soon started getting sleepy, and then he just slumped forward and rested his body on Asuna's sole. He had almost fallen asleep when his bed was snatched from him and he jolted up to find Asuna looking at him.

“Kirito, were you just hugging my foot? My, do you really like it that much~?”

“N-no! I wasn't hugging it, I just fell asleep on it. I mean, I didn't fall asleep because I liked it, just because I was so tired after the walk and your foot rub. I don't like your feet at all! In fact, I don't like any feet!” He was so adamant on not liking her feet, and yet he started blushing all over when she wiggled her toes in front of his face.

“Are you sure? Maybe you always liked big feet but you never knew because you hadn't seen any until now. Or maybe you only signed up for this event because you secretly always wanted to be all tiny at my feet. Now I can help make your dream come true~.” She crossed one leg over the other and moved her feet to his side, posing and moving them seductively.

Kirito dusted himself off and turned sharply away from them. “Thanks but no thanks. I honestly don't want anything more to do with your feet. Now, I think I'll go change into something more comfortable for tonight.”

“Whatever you say, Kirito. But remember, if you get much smaller you'll be spending a lot of time at our feet, so you'd better get used to them soon!” Her soft chuckles followed Kirito as he went away—even jogging he couldn't escape them. She was right, he knew, but that wouldn't have bothered him so much if he hadn't been enjoying her feet so much just now. That feeling he got when he was rubbing them... it had to be an effect of the ring. There was no way he would ever feel this way otherwise. Whatever happened these next two days, he had to resist those feelings, or who knew how much of his pride would remain by the end of this.