- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Kirito, now no taller than Asuna's knees, keep shrinking during a trip to the beach and is treated more and more like a pet.

“Glad you're finally awake, Kirito,” Asuna said when he came into the living room. She and Yui both went to greet him, or rather, to loom over him and see how small he had gotten overnight. By now he was no taller than Yui's knees, and the girls to him seemed bigger than ever—giants over twenty feet tall, who would only grow bigger as the ring's persistence announced he still had further to shrink. “Yui and I were just talking about you. We think you should come with us to the beach today.”

“You're going to the beach? That's... wait, why should I have to go? You already know I have the raid to prepare for. I can't be wasting any time on useless things like a trip to the beach.”

“I don't know why you're so worried about that fight. You're one of the best players at this game, and all the practice in the world won't make much of a difference. No, you're coming with us and that's that!” A stomp of her foot marked the finality of her decision and shook the floor so hard that Kirito thought he might fall over. The sheer force of its impact left a sense of dread in the pit of his stomach. Her legs and Yui's were bigger than him by far now, like a quartet of pale pillars holding their titanic figures aloft. His mouth went dry as he beheld how far above their faces loomed. But he licked his lips and tried to speak like it didn't affect him.

“And why should I go with you? You can't order me around.”

“Did you forget already? That was part of our bet when you fought Yui. We agreed if you lost you would stop going out to train and you would do anything we said. You're not going back on your word now, are you?”

Kirito grimaced; that part of the deal had slipped his mind until now. He couldn't go back on it, especially not when Asuna and Yui were more than capable of punishing him for it, but... “I... don't want anyone else to see me like this.”

“Don't worry, there won't be anyone else at the beach. It's a secret spot only I know about.”

“Fine,” he sighed. “I'll go. But if there's anyone else there we're coming back right away.”

“Deal! Now go fetch my swimsuit.”

“And mine too!” Yui added.

“Huh? Why can't you get them yourselves? It'd be way faster.”

“Because it's more fun if we get to watch you trying to carry them here! Oh, and get our sandals too while you're at it,” Asuna said.

Kirito gritted his teeth, but he went for their swimsuits all the same, pulling open their drawers one by one and climbing from one to the next until he found them and pulled them out. One by one he brought them over, holding the bulky things in his arms and almost stumbling over them on his way back to the living room. Yui's one-piece swimsuit was the hardest one, while Asuna's red-and-white two-piece was a piece of cake by comparison. Their sandals he had to lug around, grabbing them by the toe strap and pulling them after him one by one to lay them down at their feet while they giggled over him.

“Good job, Kirito. Now, put them on me.” Asuna held out her foot to him, her toes splayed as they awaited her sandals. Muttering under his breath, he hoisted the sandal up by the front end and carried it to Asuna's foot, but the thing was so heavy and unwieldy, and his arms so tired after carrying everything here, that he couldn't aim it right and ended up putting the toe strap between the wrong pair of toes. “Tsk. Is that the best you can do? I guess I can't expect any better from you like this.” Lowering her foot again, she readjusted the sandal to put it on correctly and slipped her foot into the other one as well, making a mockery of all Kirito's efforts to get it on her foot at all. Yui put hers on too, and then both of them stood over Kirito. “Here, get in.” Asuna set a big tote bag down in front of him.

“No, I can walk,” he said.

“Still so prideful.” Asuna shook her head. “Remember how tired you were when you got back from your walk with Yui? You can't keep up with us anymore. Just get inside, Kirito. There's a snack for you in there, too. You're hungry, aren't you? Besides, if we meet anyone else you can hide in there so they don't see you.”

Kirito climbed into the bag without saying another word. Once he was sitting inside and only his head stuck out, Asuna slung it over her shoulder and left with Yui. Once they were out, Kirito ducked inside. He dug around a bit and found the snack Asuna had mentioned, a very small slice of a sandwich in paper wrap, which he ate on the way to the beach.

It was a short and uneventful trip. Never once did he so much as hear anyone else pass by. When they finally arrived a half hour later and Asuna set down her bag, telling him the coast was clear, he stuck out his head for a quick look around outside, then climbed out of the bag.

Asuna and Yui, already in their swimsuits after having switched outfits in their inventory, stood over him taking in the sun. Even though their size unsettled him, he had to admit they looked gorgeous, like a pair of monuments to youthful beauty. If anything, their size made them even more beautiful even as it made them scarier. He wasn't sure how to feel about that.

After he had changing into his swim trunks, Kirito joined them in taking in the landscape. From what he could see they were on a small island that Asuna must have fast-traveled them to. There were some palm trees behind them, but other than that it looked completely deserted. The sand was clean and white, the water a pristine blue, and the virtual sun was shining brightly on everything. It was a beautiful place to spend the day. Just looking at it he forgot about his intention to find a way to practice for the raid boss here and decided he would spend the day relaxing here. After all the teasing and humiliation he'd had to put up with, he figured he'd earned a break, if only for one day.

Finding a good spot, Yui and Asuna put down a beach umbrella and a couple of towels for themselves, then Asuna reached into her bag and pulled out a small bottle. “Oh, Kirito~” Having walked a bit closer to the water, Kirito now looked over his shoulder at her. “Don't you want any sunscreen? You're going to get a sunburn if you go out like that.”

“Sunscreen? What are you talking about? You can't get sunburnt in the game so why would we need sunscreen?” At least, he'd never heard of anyone getting sunburnt.

Asuna rolled her eyes. “Just come over here and help us put it on.”

Kirito gave a longing glance at the beach before trudging back across the hot sand to Yui and Asuna lying on their towels. While he was coming over, Asuna uncapped the bottle and put it down next to her. “Don't use too much, now; this should be enough for the three of us. Oh, and be sure to get everywhere.”

Kneeling beside it, Kirito squeezed out a handful of lotion and started applying it to Asuna's thigh, dabbing it on and then rubbing it all over until he had run out. Then he went for more and rubbed it on the next part of her body, over and over again, trying to cover every inch of her skin as she made sure to remind him constantly. Then when he'd covered her front and sides, she rolled over so he could do her back as well. It wasn't hard at all, but it was tiresome having to cover her whole thirty-foot body by himself, all because of that silly bet he'd made the other day.

It also reminded him again of the sheer size discrepancy between them. When he climbed on her to apply the lotion to her back or her belly, he could feel it more than ever. He could sense how much she was enjoying the attention, too. “That's a good boy,” she cooed every now and then, moaning softly as she enjoyed his hands servicing her body. And, for some reason, Kirito didn't mind that she was treating him almost like a pet or a servant instead of her husband. He had always liked her body, and now that he was less than a quarter of her size, it meant there was so much more of it for him to enjoy. But beyond that, there was also an almost religious sense of awe at serving a being so much bigger and stronger than himself.

Ah! But he shouldn't be feeling like this! He was Asuna's equal and he had to remember that. Even if he couldn't help being humiliated and treated like a dog, that didn't mean he had to start liking it.

He held his thoughts under control while he finished applying the sunscreen to all of Asuna's body, then wiped his hands and started heading for the ocean.

“Hang on, Kirito! You forgot about me.”

“Kirito?” He turned to Yui. “Why 'Kirito'? Shouldn't you call me 'dad' or 'daddy'?”

“He-he! Don't be silly! You can't be my dad if you're only as tall as my knee!” Kirito winced at the sound of her laughter, but he couldn't find fault in what she said. Meekly he stood beside her and covered her arms and legs with sunscreen, knowing she was smirking at him all the while, knowing that he just had to keep working and take the humiliation.

“There, I'm done,” he said once he finished with her arms, and turned to leave without another word. But Yui's fingers wrapped around his waist before he could take more than a few steps, and they lifted him up and turned him back towards her. She was sitting now as she held him in the air. Kirito tried to pry her fingers off of him, but even with minimal effort she easily kept her grip.

“Not so fast! We still need to put sunscreen on you.” Bringing the bottle over him, she squeezed out some of the lotion on his chest, then pressed her thumb on it and started rubbing it over his skin. Her powerful thumb slid easily over his body, going up and down his chest and back. “Quit squirming around!” she said sternly as she pinched his arm between her fingers and slathered sunscreen all over it. “You're being disobedient right now. Do you want me to have to punish you?”

“Asuna? A little help?” he said, but Asuna was sitting back and enjoying his humiliation as much as Yui was.

“Just give up and this will all be over quicker, Kirito.”

“Ugh, fine. Let's be done with this.” He stopped resisting, letting Yui move his body as she pleased to apply the sunscreen. But she hadn't finished doing that when she started playing with him instead, moving his limbs just to see how easily she could. “Yui, what are you doing?” he asked, a bit nervously, as he was turned over in her hand.

“He-he! You're sooo small and weak now, holding you is just like holding a little doll. You said when you started shrinking I could play with you when you got small enough, remember?”

“A-as long as you're careful.” With how easily she was moving his arms and legs, he was scared of what else she might do to him. He wanted to get away, but if he started resisting now she might break his limbs by mistake, and besides, he knew there was no way he could escape even if he tried.

Turning him around again, Yui saw all his fear showing on his face, and she smirked, snickering smugly at his weakness. Finally she finished applying sunscreen to his legs. “There, all done. Now let's go for a dip!” She stood with Kirito still in hand and headed for the ocean, leaving her sandals at the water's edge.

“Be careful with him, Yui! You know how helpless he is. Make sure he doesn't get too far away from you,” Asuna told her.

“Okay, mom!” Yui splashed cheerfully into the water, walking in beyond the shore, deeper and deeper, until salt water covered her up to her waist.

“H-hang on a second! You can't bring me in this deep!” Kirito shouted as he looked down from her hand and saw how much water was below him, rushing back and forth with the tide. If he fell in here, he wasn't sure he could swim back to shore, though it was only several yards away.

“Don't be scared, Kirito; I'll keep you safe.” So she said, but right after that she let go of him and dropped him in the water. Falling in with a cry and a splash, Kirito started kicking and flailing his arms. He was pulled a few feet away by the tides before he could get a handle on things away, and he swam towards Yui, struggling to keep his head above water as he bobbed up and down with the “giant” waves. “See? It's not so bad.”

After a while Kirito finally made it to her, and as soon as his hands met her body he clung to it, pulling himself towards her and clinging to her like a koala to a tree. He climbed up her torso, holding tight to her swimsuit, until everything but his legs was out of the water, then held on, shivering, and let her body warmth remediate the water's coolness.

“He-he! Are you really that scared of the ocean? You're such a little baby.” Yui stroked his back like she was trying to soothe a frightened animal. Much as Kirito disliked it, he had to admit that it worked. It was so soothing to know that he had someone big and strong around to take care of him, and he shamelessly held on to her until Asuna joined them in the water.

“Are you two having fun?” she asked. Kirito knew she was probably laughing at him inside, but he didn't dare let go. “What's wrong? Are you really that scared of the water, Kirito? Or are you that attached to Yui?” She moved close to her daughter, and soon Kirito was pinned between her hips and Yui's waist. He tried to push her back at first but soon gave up, understanding that he couldn't hope to stand against the might of their bodies. Like a meek little kitten he let them have their way with him, submitting to the unassailable pressure.

They smothered him between their bodies until Yui stepped away from Asuna. “Alright, Kirito, let's get you away from the big scary ocean,” she teased while petting him. She waded closer to the shore, and brushed Kirito off her waist where the water only reached halfway up her knee. The shrunken Kirito gave a yelp as he fell into the water and frantically tried to stand up. Though the water only came up to his chest, the tides were still too strong for him and would have swept him away had he not grabbed Yui's leg. “Hmm? What's this? Can't even handle a few inches of water by yourself? He-he-he! So weak~! Don't worry, I'll help you out just like you helped me when you were the bigger one.” With Kirito still wrapped around her leg, Yui took a few steps closer to land.

Kirito finally let go when the water only came up to his knees. His heart was still pounding in fear, and he was ashamed to note that he still didn't want to leave Yui's side. He felt so vulnerable staying all alone, and so much safer when he was with her and Asuna, even if they did spend all day teasing and bullying him. But he let go all the same when Yui brushed him off, and watched her turn back to Asuna. “Try not to get in trouble, okay? I don't want to have to come rescue you every few minutes,” she said to him as her long and powerful legs carried her into deeper waters.

With Yui and Asuna so far away and busy with their own fun, the beach all of a sudden felt way too big. For a while Kirito tried to distract himself by playing in the shallow waves, but the water was still too scary for him, and after a while he retreated towards their bags, where with a lot of effort he dragged a towel into the sun and lay down on it, thinking to dry off and take a nap until the girls came back.

He started to wake up when he heard their voices coming closer, and slowly blinked open his eyes until he could make out their towering bodies trudging towards him. He waved at them, but they both ignored him, and even when they were both standing over him they didn't even glance at him. Asuna was telling Yui about her life in the real world, her family and friends, things she and Kirito had both shared many times with each other, and they were both totally engrossed in the conversation. They would probably talk for a long time yet.

Kirito sat up and stretched, then turned to Asuna's bag. He could really go for some water now, so he went over to grab a bottle. But before he could reach them, Asuna leaned down and grabbed both, one for herself and one for Yui. Kirito waited impatiently for them to finish and hand them back down, but even when they finished drinking they still held on to the bottles like they were trying to taunt him. “Yui? Asuna?” he finally said to them, but they just ignored him like before.

Asuna's bottle was hanging by her side, right below her hip. Kirito thought he might be able to grab it with a good jump. He stood under it and, jumping as high as he could, he made a swipe for the bottle, but his hand came a centimeter short and smacked Asuna's thigh instead.

Asuna almost jumped at his touch, and she looked down in surprise at him. “Kirito! What do you think you're doing?”

“I was just trying to...”

“You dirty little pervert! Did you really think I wouldn't notice you trying to touch my thigh just because you're so small?”

“W-what? Asuna, that's not what I...” Kirito's explanation was cut off as Asuna brought her foot to bear on his chest, forcing him to the sandy ground. Her sole came to rest on his tiny body, covering everything from his shoulders down to his knees, and even covering his mouth with her second toe. The pressure was enough to slowly push him deeper into the dirt, and his squirming only helped it along.

“Don't lie to me! Honestly, I don't mind you wanting to touch me, but you could at least wait until we're alone instead of trying to do it in front of Yui. Just because you're as small as a little animal that doesn't mean you can start acting like one. If you have that much energy to work off, you can try rubbing my feet again.”

Kirito managed at last to grab Asuna's toe and push it off his mouth. “Won't you please listen to me!?” he said. “I'm telling you, I wasn't trying to touch you, I was trying to grab the water bottle since I wanted a drink and you weren't giving it back.”

“Kirito, if you really wanted a drink, you should have just asked us for one.”

“I did! But you two didn't–”

“Yui, why don't you give him some of your water?”

Asuna moved her foot off of Kirito and sat down, letting him wriggle out of the sand and dust himself off. At the same tie, Yui knelt beside him and opened her bottle. Kirito waited for her to offer it to him, but instead she cupped her hand and poured some water into it. “Go on, drink!”

Kirito felt it demeaning to have to drink like this, but he knew that complaining wouldn't change anything—if anything they'd just tease him even more if he refused—so he leaned forward and started drinking from her hands like some little pet while she and Asuna giggled.

That wouldn't be the last humiliation of the day, either. The two of them kept on teasing him all the time, treating him less and less like a human and more like some helpless kitten, sitting him down on their laps or bellies while they basked in the virtual sun so he could curl up with them. And the worst part was, Kirito let them do it. He had given up on resisting their teasing, knowing that he was powerless to stop it anyways. What could he possibly do against people who were so big next to him that their legs alone were like huge pillars?

Yui and Asuna alike were already so imposing, and they only became more so as he kept shrinking throughout the day. He had to crane his head so far back just to look at their heads when he stood next to them, and to run so fast just to keep up with their casual gait. When they went for a walk around the beach with Kirito trailing behind them, their footprints were so deep that he had to avoid them or else he might trip on them. When they saw that he was falling behind and started carrying him around, he just accepted it as a necessity, and a part of him was even glad to be in their hands again.

By the time they left the beach, late when the sun was going down, Kirito was only a little taller than Asuna's feet were long. Just being around either of the girls made him feel all small and helpless. He easily fit inside Asuna's bag by then, and only when standing up could he look around outside. Not that he wanted to now when everything and everyone was so dangerous compared to him. It was so scary to think about how weak he must be now that he refused to look at his still-diminishing stats or compare them with Asuna's or Yui's, certain that if he did he would get some terrifying number. He was so relieved when they all got home so he wouldn't have to worry anymore about being captured and beaten by a level 1 slime or some other pathetically weak monster.

The rest of that evening he spent on Yui and Asuna laps, and come nighttime the two of them decided that he would be sleeping with Yui tonight. The girl he'd once called daughter, who now felt more like his master or owner, took him happily to her room, where she sat on her bed and compared his size to hers again. She was thrilled to find that he was now no taller than her foot was long. “Sooooo tiny~!” she said as she held him between her feet, smothering his face under her toes and everything else between her soles. “And you're still shrinking, aren't you? You're going to get even tinier!”

“Y-yeah, well, enjoy it while it lasts. Tomorrow's the raid, and once I finish it I can finally grow back to normal again.”

“But you'll get an item that lets you shrink whenever you want to, right? So just promise you'll shrink and let us play with you again!”

“No way! After how you've treated me, there's no way I'll ever want to be tiny again, especially not with you two.”

“Then I'll have to make the most of it and play with you as much as I can while you're small!” Yui pressed her feet tight together around him and smothered him whole, giggling while she rubbed her feet back and forth around him.

“Ugh! Let go of me already!”

“Promise that you'll shrink for me any time I ask?”

“I'm not going to do that, Yui!”

“Then I'll let you go, but I order you to rub my feet until I fall asleep!” Yui dropped Kirito, straightened out her legs, and rolled over, leaving her bare soles stretched out over the bed. Kirito grumbled but went over to them all the same, kneeling next to her left foot to start massaging it. “No, not like that! You have to be on top of my feet the whole time!” Again he grumbled, but he did as she said. Of course she only wanted him up there so she could tease him more easily, threatening to throw him off balance by moving her foot or her sole, but what could he do? Just bear it and keep working.

Yui laughed as he put all his meager strength into serving her feet, but slowly she relaxed and settled down, until with a yawn it seemed she had fallen asleep. It took Kirito a while to notice it, but when he heard her soft breathing, he realized he could finally stop working. He would have crawled over to her pillow and fallen asleep with her, but he was so tired, and Yui's sole so comfortable, that he collapsed on it and promptly fell asleep right there, and before he knew it he was hugging himself to Yui's toes and nuzzling his face into those big plush digits.