- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

It's the day of the big event and Kirito only has a bit more to shrink before he can get his life back to normal. But will Asuna and Yui even let him grow back?

Come dawn the next day, Asuna walked into Yui's room to see how she and Kirito were doing. As soon as she entered it, she smiled as she saw her shrunken husband lying on Yui's feet, all curled up on her soft, pale sole. At the sound of Asuna's footsteps coming closer, Yui woke up and she quietly looked back, first seeing Asuna and then Kirito who was still sound asleep.

This morning he was only half as long as her foot was, having lost most of his remaining size overnight. For a while the both of them just admired how cute he was, and how happy he looked all cuddled up with Yui's feet, but then Yui curled her toes to wake him up. Even then he hardly stirred, and only moved to snuggle up to her sole again, until Yui wiggled her toes and she and Asuna started chuckling.

When he finally opened his eyes and saw what was going on, Kirito blushed red all over, and he hurriedly climbed down from Yui's sole. Her other foot pinned him down before he could leave, though. “Don't be so upset, Kirito,” Asuna chided him good-naturedly. “There's nothing wrong with enjoying your time on Yui's foot. I'm sure it must be nice and soft down there. If I was the same size as you, I wouldn't mind being in your place.”

Kirito sighed. “Could you please let me go, Yui?”

“After you kiss my toes good morning!” Kirito gave a quick peck to the two toes nearest to him, and finally Yui let him go. He scrambled off of her sole and stood at the foot of the bed, looking crossly at her and Asuna. His glare soon softened when he saw how much bigger they'd both gotten overnight, though.

From his perspective they had doubled in size, and now that he stood only some four inches tall it felt like they were both hundred-foot giants. Even from up here on the bed, the big solid wall that was Asuna's body seemed the most impressive thing he'd seen in his life. He was really starting to feel insignificant now, and, judging by the ring still wrapped around his finger, he still had more to shrink before this was over.

Kirito turned around when he felt the bed shake with Yui's movement, and saw the black-haired girl sit upright on her bed, her legs stretched out towards him so that her feet stood to either side of him. When they came together so their big toes touched above him, there was still enough room under them for him to stand upright. “Sooooo tiny,” she cooed again, wiggling her feet over him. When Kirito started to back away from them, she caught him between them and pulled him closer to pick him up. He fit neatly in her hand, most of his body wrapped up tight in her fist while she climbed out of bed and followed Asuna to the kitchen.

As she carried him around, it felt to Kirito as though he were flying at incredible speeds, several stories above the ground, and he held on tight to her fingers for safety.

Yui and Asuna didn't speak to him at all during breakfast. Aside from sitting him on the table and giving him a little plate of food, they mostly just ignored him. It was as if they really did just see him as a pet now. Not that he minded being ignored. He thought it was for the best with how big and scary they both were. Even their voices sounded so powerful to him now, and for that matter the clatter of their spoons against their bowls was also horribly loud.

He wondered if he could maybe run off unseen and find a place to stay by himself until it was time for the raid this afternoon. But perhaps guessing his thoughts, Asuna spoke up before he could put them into action. “Kirito, be sure not to wander off from me and Yui today. You're so small already and still shrinking; who knows how small you'll be by the end of it. You could even end up as small as an ant, and if you get lost at that size it could take to hours find you.”

“Yeah, okay,” he muttered.

After breakfast, Asuna picked him up and she and Yui both went to sit with him on the couch, setting him down between their hips. He felt cornered sitting there, in that tight little corridor between their legs, with the both of them looking down at him. “How did you sleep, Kirito? Were you nice and comfortable last night?” Asuna asked him.

“Are you tired? You can sleep with me again if you want,” said Yui.

“N-no, I'm fine. I don't need any sleep.”

“That's good.” Asuna crossed her legs, putting her other foot right on top of her lap ahead of Kirito. “If you're not sleepy that means you have a lot of energy. You'll need it for your raid today, and also to help me with my feet,”

Kirito resigned himself to his fate. “What do you want me to–” His question was cut off when Asuna grabbed him and dropped him on the floor, then flattened him under her foot.

“Don't worry, you don't have to do anything, Kirito. Well, nothing except for staying under my foot. It's good enough just to feel you stuck under there. But if you want to squirm around, that's even better! I'll even promise to let you go free if you can get escape my feet.” She slid her foot over the floor as she said this, dragging Kirito along and enjoying the sensation of his tiny figure being driven into her sole by the pressure. His tiny limbs were entombed under her foot, his struggles and his words swallowed up by her flesh. There was no part of him that wasn't completely at her mercy, and however hard he tried he couldn't move even a muscle.

When he found the pressure gone, Kirito tried to scurry away, but he moved only an inch before her other foot came down on him. “Too slow, Kirito! You'll have to be faster than that if you want to escape!” Again and again she gave him these little openings only to catch him with her other foot right afterwards, until Kirito stopped trying altogether. “Are you giving up already? That's no fun, Kirito. But I guess I'm making the game too hard for you. How about this, then?” She moved her foot off of him and instead gripped his leg between her toes, telling him to try and escape now. Kirito did everything in his power to escape that pair of toes, but no matter how he tried to wrest his leg free, they proved too strong for him.

“I give up. You win. Now can you please let go of me, Asuna?” he shouted.

“Aww, but I still want to keep playing. Well, I guess I can let you go, but since you admit defeat, I should get a reward from you. I know! I'll let you go it if you promise to lick my feet clean!”

“What!?”

“You don't want to?” Asuna raised her foot, letting him dangle from her toes a few inches above the floor. “Then how about I stick you in my shoe and use you as my insole instead? You like that better?”

“N-no, no. I... Fine, I'll lick your feet.”

“Good boy, Kirito!” Asuna released his leg and let him fall, then as he was getting up she put her feet down in front of him, thumping her heels on the floor. Their impact shook him, and looking up he saw her soles hanging right overhead, scrunching eagerly as they waited for the touch of his hands. “Hurry up! Remember, if you don't start licking I'll stick you in my shoe like I said!”

Kirito stood, feeling the pressure of the girls' eyes on him. With clenched fists and gritted teeth he stepped up to Asuna's foot, standing with his face half an inch from her sole. Then with his eyes shut tight, he grimaced and stuck out his tongue to start licking.

He kept working on her feet, lapping away at Asuna's soles for minutes on end while Yui and Asuna talked over him like he didn't exist. He found that the taste wasn't as bad as he was expecting, but still it was the humiliation that bothered him the most. At least it was a small comfort that after today he wouldn't have to put up with this ever again.

Kirito worked as quickly as he could, hoping that Asuna wouldn't notice that he was skipping over parts of her sole, and before too long he had finished with them. But before he could tell her about it, he suddenly felt a horrible sinking feeling come over his body, and before his very eyes he saw the world growing bigger. Before this, his shrinking had always happened too slow for him to notice it, but now the world more than doubled in size in the span of a few seconds. At first he feared that he would keep shrinking to some really ridiculous size, but thankfully his shrinking tapered off to leave him short of two inches tall. His ring had disappeared, too, which meant he shouldn't keep shrinking any more. He could only hope that was true, or else he really might end up the size of an ant before long.

Though he tried alerting Yui and Asuna to what had happened, neither of them noticed. Kirito had to go into the menu and turn team chat on before they could hear his voice. They were surprised to find him so much smaller, but when he explained what had happened they took it in stride. “Well, at least you don't have to worry about how small you'll shrink, isn't that right, Kirito? And look! You really did end up as small as our toes!” Asuna and bumped her big toe right into Kirito, knocking him flat and then sliding her toe on top of him. It was as long as he was tall, but it dwarfed him in girth and weighed on him like an elephant. Even lifting up this one single toe was now more than he could handle. “Too bad you didn't shrink this small right away so we could have more fun with you. I'd love to have you this size a few more days! But I guess it's too late for that.”

Asuna moved back her foot and stood up, while Kirito looked at her from below. She was much more than two hundred feet tall now, and even the act of standing up made the floor shake. Seeing her swaying overhead while she adjusted her stance, he really felt like she might topple over at any moment and crush him when she came down on him. “It's been fun, but I have to leave for a bit now. Yui, you're in charge of Kirito until I get back. Kirito, you do whatever she says. See you both later!”

Once Asuna was gone, Kirito turned back to Yui and found her looking right at him. Her stare unnerved him, at least until she started transforming. Wings sprouted from her back and she became rapidly smaller as she took on her fairy form. Then, jumping off the edge of the couch, she floated gently down to land on the floor with him. “Look, Kirito! Even as a fairy I'm still taller than you!” she happily exclaimed as she stepped right up to him for a comparison. Indeed, she was just over twice his size, a whole nine centimeters compared to his four, so that he only came up to her thighs.

“Yui, could you stay this size for me? It's way easier dealing with you like this,” Kirito said.

“Only until I get bored!” It wasn't exactly what he wanted to hear, but he supposed it was better than nothing. “Hey, you have your fight today, right? Do you want to get a little practice before then? I can simulate a boss fight with you! I'll even lower my stats for the simulation so you have a chance of winning.”

“Sure, might as well. Not like I have anything better to do.”

“Okay!” Yui walked away from Kirito until she stood a couple feet away from him. Then, as she turned around to face him, Kirito received a notification about an in coming boss fight, and a big health bar appeared over Yui's head in his HUD. He took a moment to check her stats and his own, and saw that hers were only twice as high as his. “Don't worry about hurting me, your attacks can't really damage me at all! It only looks like you can because of the simulation,” she explained. “Try hitting me a few times to see how it works.”

Kirito did so, running up for a couple slashes at her leg. Though his weapons bounced harmlessly off her leg just as they had during their last fight, the life bar over her head claimed that he'd dealt over a thousand points of damage. Then Yui's leg came at him in a kick and he jumped out of range, narrowly dodging her attack. “Watch out, Kirito! The big bad boss monster is coming to get you!” Yui said, holding her hands up with her fingers curled to mimic claws while she stomped towards him, roaring and growling like some huge beast.

Unlike the last time, Kirito knew from the start to take the fight seriously, and he was able to evade most of Yui's attacks while getting some good hits in whenever he saw an opportunity. And even if Yui was going easy on him at first, he could tell that she started trying harder to hit him the more he whittled down her HP. She might have way higher stats than him, but that hardly mattered when he was way more experienced in battle. He felt so good about his performance that he couldn't keep from taunting her a little.

“What's wrong, Yui? Can't you hit me at all? I thought you wanted to make this a challenge for me!”

Yui huffed and jumped out of reach of his swords just as he was about to land another attack. “You want more of a challenge?” she asked as she floated in mid air. “I'll give you a challenge, then. Let's see how you handle phase two!” In a flash she returned to her normal size, and her stats grew to such immense numbers that Kirito's scan only returned an error reading. For a while the game struggled with how to handle the boss fight in light of her massively increased stats, but eventually it seemed to sort things out by designating her foot alone as the boss.

“Look out! Big attack incoming!” Yui lifted her foot over Kirito's head, splaying wide her toes as her sole hovered right above. Kirito ran like mad away from the colossal foot, and right as he left its shadow, Yui stomped down right behind him. The floor shook as though there was an earthquake, and the puff of wind from Yui's stomp launched Kirito a few inches forward. “Oh, looks like it's recovering after its big attack! Now's your chance, Kirito!” Yui said.

Kirito looked at her when she spoke, but he hardly registered her words at all. He was still terrified from how close she had come to crushing him, and stared blankly at her. “Tsk! Too late! Looks like it's coming in for another one.”

Again and again Yui's foot went up to hover over Kirito, and each time he dashed away just as it was coming down. He didn't even think about counterattacking—it was all he could do just to keep dodging Yui's attacks for as long as possible. “Th-that's enough, Yui! I've done all the training I need!” he said to her, but Yui didn't let up.

“You can't back out in the middle of a boss fight, Kirito! If you want to end it then just stand still and let my attack hit.” Kirito didn't want that, and he tried to run away under the couch to escape this fight, but when he was getting close to it Yui stomped her foot right in front of him and the force of the impact blew him right back. Then, as he scrambled to his feet, he saw Yui's foot rushing towards him, her toes raised in the air as they slid closer. Soon they rammed into him and knocked him to the ground, and then her sole came bulldozing over him, leaving him trapped underneath.

“Too slow! Now let's see if you can escape the boss's grab attack.” Yui tapped her foot on him over and over, grinding him down and pulling him deeper under her sole each time, all the while Kirito's stamina kept draining. Before long he was completely out, and then Yui could lift her foot and pull it back until he was lying at her feet. With her big toe she rolled him onto his back, and from below he looked up at her towering figure, shivering in fear of this girl the size of a skyscraper.

Yui's toes wiggled at his sides, each of them hitting the floor with a resounding thud. Their power was terrifying. He tried to stand, but his legs shook like they were made of jelly. Instead he rolled on his hands and knees and started crawling away, but Yui's toes curled around him before he could escape and they dragged him back into her grip. She briefly released him again, only for her big toe to fall on his back and pin him down.

“If this was a real boss fight you'd be dead already. Since my foot is too much for you, let's downgrade your enemy to just my toe. Can you finally score a win, or will you be crushed like a bug?” Yui took her foot off of Kirito, letting him stand again. As he picked his swords off the ground, he turned around and saw her her foot behind him, with everything but the first toe hanging in the air. “Are you ready? Fight start!” At her announcement, she pushed her toe towards him, and he narrowly dodged the first thrust. She kept sliding her toe around, humming to herself as she did, while Kirito pushed himself to his limit just to keep dodging it. Making a few attacks of his own was beyond his limits with his stamina drained as it was, and in time he couldn't even keep dodging. Her toe bumped into him and knocked him down, and as he lay there on the floor, her foot came down and he found himself lying between her splayed toes.

“So you can't even handle one of my toes anymore. I guess you really are a bug, Kirito. Just a teeny-tiny bug that could get crushed with a single step.” Yui raised her foot up on her heel and brought it down on top of Kirito, really grinding him down even long after his stamina ran out. When she raised her foot again, he was stuck to her sole, and there he stayed while she walked back to the couch. Sitting down, Yui brought her foot up on her lap to look at him. “You're soooo small~. I don't think you even count as a person anymore with how tiny you are. Who ever heard of a person the size of a bug? I think from now on you'll be my pet instead. How does that sound, Kirito?”

“Y-you're just being silly. I can't be anyone's pet. Besides, I'm going to be back to normal soon, so even if I was your pet it would only be for a few hours,” Kirito grunted. With great effort he peeled himself from Yui's sole and sat up on her foot, looking up at the black-haired girl.

“You don't have to grow back today, you know. You can stay small for as long as you want. All I have to do is convince you that you want to be my pet more than you want to be a person.” Yui scrunched her foot, catching Kirito by surprise. He fell over backwards and started rolling down her foot, but before he could fall off he grabbed her sole and started pulling himself back up. “In fact, I don't think I need to convince you very much. I think you like being small more than you admit.”

“That's nonsense! Why would I like being small, especially if it means you're going to treat me like some toy?”

“Would you like it better if I treat you like this instead?” Yui scooped the tiny Kirito up on her palm and brought him up to her chest. He tensed up when she stretched a finger towards him, but when she patted his head he relaxed again and even leaned into it. “See? You obviously like being pet.”

“I'm just too tired to fight you anymore.”

“What about this morning when you were so happy snuggled up on my foot?”

“I was having a good dream is all.”

“So you didn't think it was comfortable sleeping on my sole?”

“No, definitely not.”

“Let's see if you really think that!” Yui plucked Kirito from her foot, pinching his body between her fingers while she rearranged her legs. Then she turned him around to look at her feet, which were lying together on the couch seat with her soles touching closely. She dropped him on them, and he landed at the bottom of the little ravine between her soles. Before he could pick himself up, her soles started to close around him, and soon they were smothering him.

The softness of Yui's soles swallowed up all of Kirito's struggles while she rubbed her feet against each other and slid him up and down between them. It was obvious that he couldn't do anything against her, so he let Yui do what she wanted, telling himself again that he would be back to normal soon enough and wouldn't have to put up with this treatment again. But as she kept toying with him, he started to think it wasn't so bad after all. Again he was feeling the same warmth and softness that had so soothed him last night, only now he was all wrapped up in it.

“Can you still hear me, Kirito?” Yui's powerful voice easily reached him even through the tons of smothering flesh. “How are you holding up? Do you still want me to let you out?” Even though he didn't mind being in there, Kirito wriggled a bit. “Really? That's too bad. I thought you'd like it in there. I'm not letting you out, though. Not unless you promise to lick my toes. What do you say? Give me a lick now if you agree.”

Yui paid very close attention to her soles while she waited for Kirito's response. Just when she thought he wasn't going to do it, she felt a tiny wet thing push against her sole, and when she moved er feet apart she saw Kirito calmly licking it. “He-he! So you really did it! I was going to let you go even if you didn't want to lick my toes, but since you agreed now I'm going to make you do it!” Yui put her toes over the tiny Kirito and curled them tight, then dropped him back on the floor again and set her feet in front of him, wiggling her toes excitedly.

Kirito sighed, quietly chastising himself for not having waited a bit longer, but he walked up to her feet all the same. At his approach her toes sat still and waited for him to get to work. Stopping in front of her big toe, he knelt and looked up at Yui, hoping that maybe she would reveal it was all a joke and tell him he didn't really have to lick her toes. “Go ahead, pet. Lick my feet. You don't want to get punished for disobeying your master, do you?”

Her face was stern, and her voice was so commanding that Kirito felt he had no choice but to obey. He closed his eyes and leaned forward to lick Yui's toe. At first he thought he could hurry through it by skipping over parts of her toe, but when he tried to do that Yui quickly put him in his place by pinning him under her toe again. She made him work slow so he could lick every last inch of her toes, even making him lick under and between them, all the while praising him like she was talking to a dog. “Good boy, Kirito! Your master is very proud of you!”

Despite his frustrations, Kirito was happy hearing her praise. Before long he settled into his job, taking care to lick every groove and wrinkle of Yui's toes without her needing to tell him, secretly enjoying the taste of her foot and even the humiliation of being made to lick it.

That's how Asuna found him when she got back home. He was so engrossed with licking Yui's toes that he didn't even notice her standing over him until he heard her voice. “Are you ready to go yet?”

Kirito froze mid-lick and turned around to find Asuna right behind him, looking like she was holding back her laughter. He blushed. “G-go? Go where?” he asked, hoping he could avoid talking about what Yui had him doing.

“To your raid, of course! It's starting in a few minutes, isn't it? Don't tell me you forgot all about it.”

“I just lost track of time.” Kirito stood and shook away all his other thoughts, forcing himself to focus on the raid. Was there anything he needed to do before they left? He quickly went over everything in his head. “I'm... ready to go,” he said at last.

“Good! Then hold still; since you're so small now, I'm going to have to put you somewhere I know you won't get lost while I take you there.”

Kirito waited for Asuna to pick him up, but was confused when instead he saw her taking off her shoe. Then when she moved her bare foot towards him, he staggered back and fell on his butt when her foot fell right in front of him. It slid forward then, and gripped him between a pair of toes. “Say good-bye, Yui!”

“Bye, Kirito! See you later!”

Kirito didn't get to reply before he was lifted up and shoved into Asuna's shoe together with her foot. It was tight in there, and dreadfully stuffy—the air was heavy with the smell of Asuna's feet, and hot and humid too. Everything was moist with her sweat, and as she adjusted her foot and then adjusted him so that he lay beneath her toes, it seeped into Kirito's clothes and soon he was soaked to the bone. “Hope you're comfy, 'cause it's going to be a long walk!”

The first step she took brought a cry from Kirito. Her foot swung so fast, and came down with such an impact, that it scared him half to death. He tensed his whole body, and though he was already held safely under her toes, he still gripped them as hard as he could.

He lost track of how long he spent in there. It felt like forever to him, but he figured it couldn't be more than an hour. And all the time it kept getting hotter and sweatier inside, to the point where it felt like he was trapped in a sauna. He was nearly passed out by the time Asuna arrived at the entrance to the raid dungeon. About a dozen other shrunken players were there, and all of them watched her arrival warily. When she stopped a couple paces away, they were horrified to see her take off her shoe and drop Kirito off on the ground, and for a bit they were scared that she had come to do the same to them. But Asuna casually put her shoe back on and let Kirito go over to the other players were gathered. They all looked worried about him, but once they caught a whiff of the smell, they made sure to keep a good distance between them.

“Good luck on the raid, everyone! Kirito, I'll be waiting here for you,” Asuna said, and went to sit under one of the nearby trees.

The entrance to the raid was at the foot of a small rocky hill in one of the lower floors. There was a small opening at the base, one just big enough for a mouse to fit through, and once their team was built up they all went in to confront the boss.

It was another half hour before they came back out that hole, looking utterly spent. Judging by the weapon they all wielded, a red double-edged sword, Asuna thought they must have won the fight, but they didn't look to be in any celebratory mood. And why should they be when they were still as tiny as before? As far as they were concerned, it wasn't over until they had picked up the size-changing rings that had supposedly popped up in their homes and used them to get back to normal.

Kirito was one of the last players to come out, and Asuna hurried over to congratulate him, enjoying also the frightened looks she got from the other players. When Kirito asked her to take him back home, she stuck him back inside her shoe and left.

“Ah, what a day!” she groaned when she finally got back, and went to lie down on the couch, kicking up her legs on the armrest.

After a moment, Yui came over to greet her. “Welcome back! Hey mom, this ring showed up while you were gone.” She held up a small black and gold ring, and put it in Asuna's hand before going to take a shower.

“Oh, this must be the other reward! Hey Kirito, you hear that? Your ring is here!” Asuna curled her toes around Kirito, who wriggled against them practically begging to be let out. “Ha-ha! Not so fast! I think you owe me something for helping you out with all this! Before I grow you back, give me a foot massage one last time, as thanks for taking care of you while you were small and for giving you a ride to your little raid.”

Asuna waited a while and soon felt Kirito's hands pressing into her tired sole to start rubbing it. She closed her eyes and smiled, relaxing on the couch as she let Kirito work on her foot. At the same time, she started playing around with the ring, eventually putting it on. She started thinking, too, about its power: to shrink its user or to grow them back. It wasn't just limited to people who took part in the event, either, so it should work on her too. Did that mean she could shrink down as small as Kirito was now?

As she was dozing off, her thoughts kept circling around this subject. She thought about how big Yui would seem if she was as small as Kirito, and about how she had seen him kneeling in front of Yui's foot and licking her toes earlier today. To be honest, Asuna had felt a bit jealous of him back then, and almost wished that she could take his place. She had felt the same way when she found him sleeping on Yui's sole, too. There was just something so alluring about the thought of crawling in the shadow of Yui's feet, and while she sank deeper into her slumber, she silently wished that she could experience it herself, if only for one day...

Through her thoughts the ring activated, and it shrank her down to the same size as Kirito. At the same time, Kirito felt that same sudden sinking feeling from when he shrank earlier today, but, since Asuna's foot was still the same size compared to him, he thought it must be his imagination. He never suspected that it was only the same size because Asuna had shrunk together with him. Normally that shouldn't have been possible, as the ring could only shrink the user once, and only ever as small as he'd been when the other ring disappeared, but Kirito was so small that the game registered him as a part of Asuna's equipment and shrank him right along with her.

Neither Kirito nor Asuna had any notion of their new size. Yui was the first to find out about it when she returned after her shower and found the tiny Asuna lying on the couch. With a big grin she put her foot down next to the tiny girl and woke her up.

Asuna was shocked to find herself staring right at a bunch of giant toes. It was as if her fantasy had suddenly become real. She looked at her hand, seeing the ring gleaming on her finger, and then up at Yui, awestruck by her size. It was so much more impressive in person than it had been in her dreams, and she was soon overcome with submissive feelings.

“What are you waiting for, bug? Start licking your master's feet!” As soon as Yui gave the order, Asuna crawled forward to kneel at her feet and press her face to those toes. She took a deep breath, letting the soft smell of Yui's just-washed feet fill her, then gave the toe a kiss and started licking. Everything just as she had imagined, but so much more vivid. She melted in the warmth of Yui's foot and gave herself up in worship of her toes.

After Asuna crawled between a pair of toes to keep licking them from there, Yui held her softly and sat down, moving her foot close to keep an eye on her tiny adoptive mother. “Good girl,” she cooed, and pet the tiny woman's head. In return Asuna gave her a look of total gratitude. “So you really like my giant feet, do you?” Asuna nodded and tenderly stroked Yui's foot. “He-he! You're so cute like this, mom! Or I guess I should call you Asuna now since you're so small.” Asuna was thrilled to have Yui's toes curl against her and wiggle around, dominating her as easily as a little bug. “You can stay with my feet as long as you want, or grow back any time. But you don't want to grow back, right? You want to stay with me forever? Just remember, as long as you're tiny, you're my little pet so you have to call me 'master', understand?”

“Yes, master! Thank you, master!”

“Good girl, Asuna! You're a way better pet than Kirito was! Oh! Where is Kirito, by the way?”

“Kirito? I think he's... still in my shoe?” Asuna hadn't even thought about him since she'd woken up to Yui's giant foot, but now as she was picked up and dropped on Yui's palm, she sat and took off her shoe to see if he was still in there.

After shrinking with Asuna, Kirito had been trying to figure out what had happened. He finally understood it after listening to Yui ad Asuna's conversation, and now he was dreading what he would see outside. He clung to Asuna's shoe after she took it off, not wanting to leave, but she just shook it a few times and he fell right onto her open palm.

He was starting to pick himself up when Yui's voice made him pause. “Is that him?” she asked. He could tell by the sound that she was whispering, but still her words were so loud that he felt his ears about to burst.

“It is,” Asuna said.

“I can barely see him. He's like a tiny little speck. How big do I look, Kirito?”

“Hey, Kirito! I know you're awake! Stop pretending to be asleep and answer our master.” Asuna poked his side until he gave up and started getting up again. First he turned to her, and avoided even glancing at Yui, but Asuna pinched his tiny body and turned him right around.

Though Kirito tried to steel himself for what he would see, he was still shocked when he saw Yui's eye staring right at him. The thing was immense, bigger even than a mansion. When it blinked, eyelashes as thick as he was tall quickly swept down and back up, and sent a gust of wind his way.

Kirito couldn't even hold on until he saw the rest of Yui's body. He passed out and didn't wake up for the rest of the day.