- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Much to her joy, Dina tests her abilities in the classroom. This only furthers her conviction that it is time to show her newfound godlike self to the world.


+++


Dina – the Dina clone who operated on autopilot in class but suddenly became the 'real' Dina when the latter dissolved the body she was wearing at home during her chat with her mother to fuse her consciousness with the one attending class – peered through the window, boringly.

The lecturing voice of her teacher wasn't even registering as Dina set her sights on an elm tree rooted atop a hill in the distance. Following class was deadly dull. Dina found it much more interesting to experiment with her powers.

Dina's eyes became tiny slits as she concentrated on the tree, willing it to enter dormancy. Right here, right now.

And what Dina wanted, transpired—also, this time.

The urge to smile stretched Dina's lips wide, revealing her teeth as she noticed the leaf of the elm tree changing in color. The lively green hue of each leaf seeped away as Dina willed the elm tree to enter dormancy in a matter of seconds. Where mere moments ago stood a vivacious elm tree, with innumerable healthy green leaves fluttering in the wind, was now a tree with crispy brown leaves, waiting to twirl down when a good gust of wind broke them free of the branch they were attached to.

Dina mouthed the word 'wow' in astonishment as dark death leaves cascaded from the tree in a spectacle of bizarre beauty in the middle of June.

She suppressed a giggle that bubbled up at the incredulous expression of a man walking his dog nearby while seeing this unusual event.

Dina's laughter drew her teacher's attention unnoticeable, who ceased speaking and zeroed his stern gaze upon her.

"Miss Locksely, do you have something amusing to share?"

The forceful voice of Dina's teacher abruptly yanked her out of her moment of fun while watching the dumbfounded reaction of the man walking his dog when hundreds of death leaves rained down upon him from the elm tree she willed to go into dormancy.

Startled by her teacher's voice, Dina shoved her elbow against a water bottle, tossing it on the floor. The whole class erupted into laughter.

Dina craned her neck when her teacher, Mr. Jenkins – a man with deep bushy brows, a turkey wattle, and an impressive broad torso – loomed over her, blocking the light from the ceiling, when he approached her table.

Dina flashed him a coy smile while snatching the bottle from the floor.

"Well?" Mr. Jenkins' voice boomed through the classroom, demanding an answer from Dina. She felt like a mouse trapped in the piercing gaze of an eagle as all eyes turned to her, with an amused whisper drifting through the room here and there.

Awed by Mr. Jenkins's appearance – a highly respected teacher at her school and a man whose stature elicited awe from many – Dina began to stammer uncomfortably, twisting and turning her tongue before words could form. "I-I was just checking out that man over there." She pointed at the tree whose sleep rhythm she was messing with. By Dina's will, the elm tree, which was nothing more than a bare skeleton a second ago, stood now brazenly firm with lush green leaves like it was before she meddled with it.

Mr. Jenkin squinted in confusion as he followed Dina's gesture towards the tree and noticed the bewildered stranger staring dumbfounded at it while repeatedly slapping himself on the face in disbelief.

A deep scowl settled onto Mr. Jenkins's face as he watched the man start to tear at his hair with an animalistic wail. "There are a lot of disturbed souls living in this town," he mumbled and pivoted on his heels to find his way back in front of the class.

He cleared his throat and opened his mouth to continue his lecture when Dina piped up. "Mr Jenkins, can I ask you a question?"

Mr. Jenkins did not look pleased while being interrupted by one of his students for the second time. "Only if your question relates to the topic I'm discussing. Which is something you do not know, I presume? Seeing you've had your attention somewhere else."

Mr. Jenkins was about to dismiss Dina's question when she interrupted him again right when he was busy speaking the first word of the sentence he wanted to say.

Mr. Jenkin's assumption of Dina not knowing what topic was being lectured was accurate. The normal Dina would never be able to figure out on the spot what issue was being discussed in class due to her negligence in paying attention.

But Dina was anything but normal anymore.

She had powers now. With little effort, Dina could fish the information she needed out of her subconscious, which picked it up regardless of her absent mind to store it in some dark untraceable chamber in the maze of her mind.

Or, Dina could also extract the information right out of Mr. Jenkins's head without him even knowing it or out of the head of any other fellow student.

"Well, my question does not entirely relate to Albert Einstein's role in the development of the atomic bomb, Mr Jenkins, to be honest." Dina began speaking, evoking a look of annoyance from her teacher. "It does, however, relate to Mr. Einstein's non-belief in a personal God."

That sparked Mr. Jenkin's curiosity.

Mr. Jenkins took a seat on his desk, not taking his eyes off Dina. "Your curiosity about this topic surprises me even more than your unexpected ability to recall information that clearly washed over you while being spoken, as it most of the time does. Even though I'm not particularly eager to deviate from the topic, I can't help but be intrigued Ms. Locksely. Carry on."

Dina glanced around, smiling proudly, as she saw the whole class hanging on her every word.

Her eyes zeroed in on Mr. Jenkin's glance, who eagerly awaited what the following sentence would come out of her mouth.

"What is the definition of God?" Dina asked.

Another student sighed audibly and answered before Mr Jenkins could. "You can't define the almighty, Dina."

"And why is that, Al? Because some dusty book says so?" Dina shot back.

"God is the supreme being." Another classmate said. "The creator of everything. The loving father who –"

"Who's to say God is a male?" Dina interrupted. "Perhaps God is a female, a mother. Only females can give birth, right? I always hated this deep-rooted assumption that God is a male." she breezed through her teeth. "Maybe God is just a young girl like me." Dina grinned widely.

The teacher's deep voice filled the room in response, "Where are you going with this, Ms Locksely? If this is one of your ploys to get out from under my class, I have some unpleasant surprises for you when the bell goes off."

"Okay, I'll cut to the chase, Mr Jenkins." Dina holds her hands up. "I swear. Listen, God is incomprehensible powerful, right? He or she can do anything. What if I tell you all that I can do anything too since yesterday? Does that make me a God?"

Mr. Jenkins already impatient look morphed into a glare of anger.

"Okay, that's detention for you, Ms Locksely. Now pipe down with the crap and listen for once in your life before I'll make you play the national anthem in front of the whole school on a great highland bagpipe while wearing a Scottish kilt around your head during the upcoming Pep rally."

The whole class sniggered, amused to see Dina getting the full brunt from Mr Jenkins. Then the laughter went over in gasps stupefaction when Mr. Jenkins stood, in the blink of an eye, with a bagpipe in his hand and a Scottish kilt wrapped around his head.

"And, play!" Upon Dina's word, Mr. Jenkins started to play an off-key version of the American folk song.

Smiling, Dina nodded her head along to the rhythm as her teacher flailed away on the bagpipes, seething with anger yet simultaneously unable to break free from her control.

Her teacher had a strained look on his face while he glared at Dina, showing his anger, but he was powerless to break himself free of his student's influence.

The whole class looked transfixed, their eyes shifting between Mr. Jenkins to Dina, some of them with fear written on their faces.

Dina clapped her hands with glee. "Come on, class. Join! Let's sing together!"

And without hesitation and their consent due to Dina's powers, every classmate began singing along lustily with Mr Jenkin's play.

Dina tittered with delight and decided to sing with them when the door suddenly swung open, showing the school's principal in its frame. His glare churned from wonder to astonishment when he saw Mr. Jenkins performing in front of the class with a bagpipe and a kilt around his head.

"What in the –"

He started to say, but Dina interjected with one word: "Shrink!" She pointed a finger.

The principal shrank until he was no bigger than a figurine.

"Ha! You're seeing this, bro?" Dina glanced to the side at her shoulder where her crumb-sized brother was standing upon. "Isn't this just awesome?"

Her brother scoffed. "It's all immature bullshit, is what it is."

"Yes, and it's all my immature bullshit!" Dina said. "You get it now? This whole planet is my playground."

Dina snapped her fingers, and she found herself peering at an elm tree whose leaves slowly began to change color while the voice of Mr Jenkins sounded through the classroom, babbling about Mr Eindstein's role in the development of the atomic bomb.

Dina smirked triumphantly while staring at a man with a dog, rubbing his eyes while looking stupefied as the leaves of the tree looming above him began to change from green to orange.

Oh my goodness! I can even turn back the clock! How amazing is that? It's time for the rest of the world to see the fabulous new me! Dina couldn't contain her glee as she balled her fists in excitement.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!