- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Image of shrunken Goodspeed with phone by aaabbbzzz (DA).

Chapter 4 – Trapped


I decided to keep moving deftly towards the foyer. It was a long way for me to go and I didn’t want to do it all in one sprint. Even though I was in great shape, that was just asking too much. So, I moved at a steady pace, making sure I stayed close to furniture pieces so as to obscure the giantess’ vision from me.

“Oh Gooooodspeeed”, Kaitlin said, drawing my name out, “please come out and play.”

I could hear her scrambling around, looking within my clothes and looking under the wall pieces. I even heard her opening and closing cabinets. Did she think I would be strong enough at this size to open and close cabinets? Really? I had to re-assess my thoughts on her intelligence.

“Come on Good. Please come out, wherever you’re hiding. I promise not to eat you…yet”, Katilin giggled, “at least not until Syd gets here.”

Christ! She really was going to eat me. Fuck! I gotta get the hell out of this apartment. As I continued, I tried to shift my brainpower from terror to what I could possibly do:

 

Kaitlin’s apartment is on the first floor. Good. My apartment is also on the first floor, albeit a different building. Good and bad. Good that I was on the first floor, but it would be a long haul just to make it down the hallway and out of this building, let alone getting to my building.

I made it past the lounger and approached the coffee table, starting to feel a bit winded.

Assuming I can make it out, what would I do to contact anyone? Where’s my phone? Where is it?!

I continued underneath the table. I could no longer hear what Kaitlin was doing, and this gave me an even greater sense of urgency.

Crap! It’s with my clothes. No, no. It’s on the coffee table. I can see it. The rectangular shape was almost directly above me. I prayed that no one called or texted me within the next few minutes. I had to get some distance from it.

 

“Where IS that little fucker?”, I heard her mutter to herself.

 

Well, I’ll have to cross that bridge when I get there, I thought, wondering how I would contact someone. Maybe my parents will get worried and come visit me when I don’t respond to their calls or messages? Oh shit!, I just realized the coffee table is made of glass and is see-thru. I had to get some distance from it.

 

“Damn it! Where are you, you little twerp!”, said Kaitlin’s booming voice from somewhere behind me. I could sense the frustration in her voice. It seemed to me that there was a rustling coming from the other side of the lounger. The fact that she was now searching there meant it wouldn’t be long until she came to the other side.

 

I was struck immediately by the change in her demeanor. Other than what I had seen her do with shrinkies, she had seemed one of the kindest, most even-tempered and considerate persons I knew. At the moment, however, she seemed like an impatient huntress without regard to anything else other than capturing her prey. And her prey at the moment was ME.

As I made it to the relative safety of the table’s center (where I could hide from view in the elaborate pillar which sprouted up from the middle to support the structure), I could hear her looking behind a recliner near the far wall.

 

“Good? Good, I’m tiring of this game. If you come out now, I promise, I’ll make it a real special experience for you.” She put extra emphasis on the word special.

 

I didn’t care how ‘special’ she intended to make it. I didn’t want to get eaten. The thought of melting away in her belly overwhelmed whatever short term sexual favors she might give me. Come on babe, you don’t think I’m that stupid, do you?

As I lingered within the pillar, allowing her to continue her search, I looked out at the vast expanse of territory. It would be quite a distance for me to cover until I could get towards the display structure which was underneath the mounted television. If I could get there, I could creep near the wall all the way to near the foyer.

 

After another minute, luck turned my way. She had reached her limit of patience and was walking very slowly into the open space of the living room. I was finally able to get a good look at her. And what a view it was. My mouth almost dropped.

She was wearing some type of leotard, possibly made of some lycra-type material, with colors and stripes that made it look like some form of tiger. It was high-cut around her crotch and her smooth lovely skin showed in abundance, tanned and glistening with a light sheen of sweat. Her blond hair was tied back in a pony tail and the zipper top of her leotard had been brought down some, showing quite a bit of cleavage.

As she walked closer, I was able to view her lower body. She wore leg warmers which came to just above her knees, and these seemed to highlight her succulent, toned thighs. She also wore foot warmer wraps, the heel and toes of her small cute feet open to the air.

I was observing her feet when she stopped in the area between the coffee table and the TV, her toes flexing as she stopped to look around and speak. I noticed her toe nails were painted to match the color of her leotard, swirled colors of amber and dark brown.

 

 “Alright Good. Have it your way. I’m gonna go take my shower now. I was gonna bring you with me for some fun. Please think it out. There’s nowhere for you to go at your size now. You’re life is, for all practical purposes, over. The rest of your pitiful existence will be miserable. Let me give you one last great experience. Syd will be here soon. It’ll be great, believe me.”

 

As she talked, her eyes scanned all around the area. Once, I almost thought she’d seen me, but thankfully, she hadn’t.

After a few more seconds of waiting, she sauntered off towards the foyer.

As I observed her giant body walk away, my eyes trailed up her tan toned legs to her fanny. Watching her butt cheeks flex and fold with each step, I was mesmerized. She was indeed a goddess. There was a moment where I felt a hormonal tug to make myself known and go with her into the shower. She hadn’t been completely wrong about my future and maybe going out with a bang would be the best I could hope for.

Nevertheless, I waited for several seconds before acting. I could hear her giant footfalls going farther away.

Alright, here I go!, I thought to myself and bolted towards the display shelf. I figured it would take me about 20 seconds to reach it at full speed.

I gasped for air as I made it to the display cabinet, ducking under an overhang that felt like a canopy to me to allow me to catch my breath. My heart was pounding in my chest, both with fear and excitement that I was one step closer to getting out.

 

I gave a quick listen to see if I could hear her footfalls.

Nothing.

 

I made a quick sprint towards the wall, which had a curve to it before leading out into the foyer, then slunk along, keeping as close to the wall as possible in the even I needed to bolt back to the display or perhaps just lie flat against the wall, hoping her eyesight didn’t find me.

As I slunk further, I thought of my next step. Once I got to the foyer, which was nearing with each step, I should probably keep to the wall and follow it to the nightstand before making my final bolt for the bottom of the door. I would have to watch out for Sydney once I got to the hallway. Having lost all concept of time, I knew her arrival would be soon if not imminent.

Gaining the foyer entrance, I peered cautiously around the corner. My vision was partially blocked by the stand, which, although it was only about 4’ tall, was like a tower to me. I dared to move a few steps further out, looking down the hallway. I could not make out any activity.

Creeping back to the wall, I channeled my vision to the front door and my heart dropped. All the way across it’s bottom, a white towel had been wedged beneath the door. Clearly, there would be no escape that way at present. I knew I wouldn’t have the strength on my own to move it.

 

My thoughts turned to what else could be done. Perhaps I can wait for Sydney to arrive and try to slink out when she comes in? No. Too Risky! I would have two sets of eyes, and at least one of those pairs will actively be looking for me. I scratched my head, pondering my alternatives when my eyes came across the power cord to Kaitlin’s phone. I noticed there was some inches of slack to the cable.

An idea struck me. Perhaps I could climb to the top, use the cord’s slack to save Adam from his certain demise and the two of us could find a way out of this together. Maybe Kaitlin’s phone wasn’t locked and the two of us could work the phone to contact someone to come save us…or maybe a 911 call? Either way, when it came to finding ways to escape, two heads would be better than one and at the very least, I would have done my part to save an innocent boy from certain death.

With no other apparent alternatives, I summoned up my courage, took the few steps over to the cord and, after testing it’s sturdiness, began to climb.


Back to 3rd person POV


‘Huff, huff, huff’, panted the tiny man as he made it to the 3rd of 4 levels he would need to scale. He would need to take a momentary break before trying the last leg. Luckily, he had found a post-it pad on the level, and, after tearing off a piece and folding it, making it look akin to a boomerang, he felt he could use it to sort of zip-line from the 3rd level to the ground. He resolved to let Adam know about that once he got up to the top.

As Goodspeed sat on top of a deck of cards, he noticed a shadow creeping into the foyer. It was Kaitlin! She had only feigned to take a shower, waited some minutes and then sought to creep into the living room and catch him unawares. Goodspeed quickly, but deftly crouched down behind the deck and observed the creeping girl.

He was surprised to see how quietly she moved. It was nothing like the thunderous footsteps which alerted him to her presence earlier. However, as sneaky as the girl was, he could hear little creaks from her feet cracking. It made a smile come to his face, even in this ominous situation. He congratulated himself for both making it to the foyer and for having the presence of mind to pace himself on the way up the tower.

He waited for her to creep into the room before renewing his climb up the cord, figuring the girl would spend several more minutes looking for him in the living room. He left his folded paper zip-line tool behind on the 3rd level as he had no place to put it, being naked.

As he pulled himself over the edge of the top level, Goodspeed rolled a few times to get some distance from the cliff before standing bent low. He briefly considered trying to use the phone to call for help.

Thinking better of it, as the noise might alert her to his presence, he ran past the phone and towards the weighted jar. He looked back to make sure Kaitlin had not returned before tapping lightly on the glass.

The tiny boy inside the glass didn’t respond at first. He sat hunched over his legs, which were bent and he looked teary-eyed and in despair. The second time Goodspeed rapped the jar, he looked over to see what was making the noise. When he realized it was another tiny person, his eyes went wide and he leapt to his feet and ran towards the curved wall of his prison.

 

“Who are you?”, said the shrinky to Goodspeed, though his voice was muffled by the glass container.

“I’m Goodspeed. Remember, we met on the train earlier today…and I just talked to you a bit ago.”

The tiny’s eyes bulged in recognizance. “Fuck. It is you. What happened?”

“No time for details. I shrunk, just like you. Anyway, let’s see if I can get you out of there.”

“Fuck yeah, man! But how you gonna do that?”

“I’ll show you”, said Goodspeed, then retreated a bit to Kaitlin’s phone. He sat on the cord near it and began pulling heavily, such that the slack from the bottom made it’s way up to him. After several seconds, he got to his feet and pulled the slack with him towards to the container. With a show of strength, he flipped the slack over the top of the container. The slack came into the container at about the shoulder level of the shrinky inside.

“Go ahead and grab the cord”, Goodspeed instructed, “and pull yourself out.”

 

The shrinky inside hesitated, as if thinking of something. As he did, Goodspeed looked around and behind himself to make sure Kaitlin had not snuck back into the foyer.

“Come on, dude, we haven’t got much time”, he implored the hesitant boy to act.

The boy gingerly reached up to the cord, but then winced, as if in sudden pain. “I..I can’t”, he said, “she hurt my shoulders bad. It hurts so much if I lift my arms over my head. I think they’re out of socket. C..Can you come in and maybe push me up?”

 

Goodspeed gritted his teeth. He hadn’t expected this to be so problematic. He took another look around, missing the smile on the other tiny’s face.

“Allright, hold on”, he said, lifting a corner of the phone, then moving the part of the cord he had been holding underneath it, then setting it back down on top of it to anchor it. Even though the phone was thin and light at his normal size, it was a lot heavier than he had anticipated and the strain of moving it had made his temples sweat.

Having secured the anchor, he again tested it before scaling the slack up to and over the glass container.

As Goodspeed leaned over the edge, the tiny below urged him on, “Hurry, hurry, before she comes back. Jump down.”

Goodspeed moved a bit down the cord into the container, then talked firmly to the tiny, “Alright, I know it’s going to hurt a little, but keep hold of the cord while I jump. Is that clear?”

“Yes, yes, just hurry”, said the tiny, holding the cord, but with a grimace of pain.

Goodspeed jumped, which for him was the equivalent of a ten foot drop – he would have to jump and roll to keep from injuring himself, but, athletically inclined as he was, he felt confident in his abilities.

As he jumped, he noticed the grimace on the tiny’s face turn into a mischievous scowl and there was movement as he landed and rolled.


Quickly gaining his bearings, he looked up to see the tiny scaling the cord up the container. ”What the-?! Adam, hey, wait!”

“Haha, so long sucker. This is what you get for not getting me out of here earlier.” The shrinky reached the top of the container and pulled some of the slack up behind him just as Goodspeed jumped to reach it, just missing.

“Adam, let the cord down!”, Goodspeed half-yelled, trying to make his point but without trying to sound too loud, where Kaitlin might possibly hear something.

The little tiny just chuckled as he made the ground on the other side. He pulled the cord completely out of the glass jar.

“Dude! Adam, c’mon man. I came to help you. You can’t leave me here!”, Goodspeed pleaded.

“Watch me!”, said the shrinky, sounding muffled to Goodspeed through the thick glass. “I know you just came up here to free me so you’d have a better chance of escaping yourself. You don’t fool me.”

“But, Adam, I thought we felt the same way. I mean, us shrinkies got to stick together, right?”

“Oh, ha. The name’s Alex”, said the shrinky, who began walking away, so as to be barely audible for Goodspeed, “And as far as things go…thanks for finally getting me out, guy. You’re on your own now. Er, try not to get eaten…”, he added as he got to the edge of the stand and began to descend it.


Fuck, fuck, fuck! He had been snookered. The tiny wasn’t the kind Adam - it was the nefarious and cruel Alex. Damn it! No good deed goes unpunished, I guess, he thought to himself, desperately racking his brains for how to get out of this situation.

He thought about punching the glass wall in frustration when he heard it.

 

Tremors.

 

Tremors getting closer.

 

Kaitlin was walking back towards him. She had run out of patience again in her search.

With nothing that could be done, Goodspeed waited the few seconds for the giantess to round the corner. She was looking at the ground, scanning the area for him, he knew.

As Kaitlin rounded the corner, she saw no tiny in sight. After a few seconds, she turned her attention to the glass jar on top of the stand, making sure that at least the shrinky they’d captured earlier was still there.

 

She did a double take. Something about it was different. She leaned closer, peering at the nude little man.

“Good?”, she said, clearly surprised.

“Um…Hi?”, he waved up at her with a sheepish grin.

--

Chapter End Notes:

story continues in the next chapter