- Text Size +

Chapter 3 - Unpleasant Surprise

[JONAS'S POINT OF VIEW]


It's been a week since I was in this strange world. While I'm here, I help out with some menial tasks like chopping wood, fishing, and I've even learned how to hunt and dissect animals. Some of the resources are used to maintain our basic needs and some we use to sell and get money in the big cities.


Little by little, I'm getting used to being here, but I also miss home, my family, my friends, I wonder every day what they think has happened to me, I've probably been presumed dead or disappeared. It made me so angry that I wanted to get out of here and look for ways to get back home.


On an atypical day, David, David Junior and I went to collect some lines, we were in full swing, until a few droplets of rain began to fall, precipitating the rainstorm that was to come. As we wouldn't have time to get back, we hid under a tree. 


— Damn, the sky hadn't shown a single cloud until just now. Out of nowhere, the weather closed in," complained David.


— Patience... I don't think it's going to pass anytime soon," I said, somewhat pessimistically.


*BOOM*


— Wait, did you hear that noise? - David asked.


— I didn't hear anything.


— Neither did I.


— I heard a bang, I wonder if...


— It must have been thunder, right? 


*BOOM*


This time I heard it too, and it didn't sound like thunder, the sound was a bit more subtle. David put his ear to the ground and listened more carefully.


*BOOOM!


— DAMN! IT'S A TITAN! RUN! 


Desperate, we began to run euphorically as the rhythmic bangs increased, during our hallucinated escape, David Junior fell to the ground and put his hand on his ankle.


— AAAARGH! — As I'm closer, I go over to him to check out the situation.


— What happened, Junior? 


— I think... I think I've twisted my ankle.


— Damn it! There's no time — I put Junior on my back and keep running.


[AURA’S POINT OF VIEW]


Today must be my lucky day. I decided to leave the Titans' territory in search of interesting new life forms and ended up finding that peculiar smell I had smelled a few days earlier.


The smell of this little thing is wafting through the air, I wonder if it's because of the rain. Anyway, a few kilometers away I noticed a tiny isolated house. That must be where the little creature lives, so I decide to go and pay it a visit.


In just a few steps, I'm already very close to the tiny house. I think it's cute that it comes up to my big toe, to think that there's someone living inside this building... The more I look at it, the more I get excited.


I crouch down gracefully and, with my fingertips, try to carefully pull the house apart, but it's so fragile that it breaks: "How fragile, I tried to apply as little force as possible!"


While I was lifting the rubble from the house, a little woman came out and tried to run away from me. However, she is very slow and I easily catch her with my forefinger and thumb.


The tiny human screams and struggles between my fingers, and that makes things more exciting for me. Honestly, I love tormenting small creatures, when I was a child I did it very often but as I got older, I lost interest, but it seems that my old passion has been rekindled.


I bring the human close to my nostrils and sniff hard at her small body. To my disappointment, the smell I'm looking for hasn't intensified; like most insignificant creatures, she doesn't smell of ANYTHING. 


— How annoying — I was about to throw the human into my mouth, when I felt the peculiar smell intensifying little by little — I'll see what I do with you later.


I gently tuck the human into my thong and walk in the direction of the smell. Looking down, I see three tiny humans frozen by my grand presence. I lie on my stomach and stare back at them. To my surprise, they don't do what most tiny beings do, which is run when they see me. 


[JONAS'S POINT OF VIEW]


When we arrived at the house, we saw it completely destroyed and worse than that, the colossal woman who had captured Veronica and put her in her thong. With a mischievous smile, she approached us. I never thought I'd say something like that, but I felt like a mouse cornered by a cat, or rather a lion. A sense of fear, insecurity and insignificance permeated my mind.


Even in this situation of certain death, I won't abandon them, not when they help me, a complete stranger. And also, I've already died once, so dying again makes no difference to me. 


The giantess lies down on her stomach and brings her face extremely close to us, it's amazing how she takes up our entire view, I wonder what we look like to her. Suddenly, she gives a loud snort that creates strong gusts of wind, almost lifting us off the ground. 


— F-father, what do we do? — David Junior is clearly in a state of shock.


— Calm down, son, let's see what she wants with us. Anything, run!


With her colossal hand, the titan grabs the three of us and lifts us up to her face. We are mere crumbs, our lives are literally in the palm of her hand, it's frightening to think that we can do nothing but await our fate. 


Then she takes me between her index finger and thumb and sniffs me. After doing so, she makes a surprised face and then flashes a big smile. She throws David and Junior on the floor as if they were garbage and rises to her full height with only me clutched in her fingers. Before she left, she casually stepped on David, crushing him like an ant, only Junior managed to dodge in time.


— NOOOOOOOOO! — I'm shaken.


I can't move my body, pathetically trapped between a woman's fingers, I try to pull myself out but every effort is useless, I've never felt so frustrated in my entire life.