- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Semi-needless disclaimer: G.T.S. and Voyeurman (aka "the Phantom Voyeur") are the intellectual property of D.X. Machina. And, I have adapted them with only the utmost canonical respect in mind.

The same goes for Mr. G's work.
CENTRAL ILLINOIS,
EARTH-DXM (8/11/09)

* * * * *

"She leveled off at a thousand feet once she strode past Peoria," reported Voyeurman: "If she keeps heading southward at her present rate, she'll be just west of Paducah, Kentucky, in less than ninety minutes."

"She'll find a reception committee waiting for her," remarked Sarah. Whereupon, she flicked a switch. Instantly, the giant flatscreen monitor changed to show an aerial view of the Ohio River. Specifically, the stretch separating southern Illinois and southwestern Kentucky.

"Those are Apache gunships from Fort Campbell," said Sarah, pointing to the large group of missile-toting assault helicopters converging on that stretch.

"And, I take it the mobile S.A.M. launchers and troop-laden Humvees are from Fort Knox?" asked Scott. It was more a statement than a question. But, his wife nodded anyway.

She then wondered aloud if this giantess could possibly have been recruited by the League. Scott answered that there was no way to ascertain that, at present. All they could do, for now, was watch her progress...and wait for official permission to intervene.

But, as this giantess was still instinctively circumnavigating around inhabited towns and structures, that permission had not yet come.

* * * * *

NEW YORK CITY, EARTH-MRG (8/11/09)

"Roger William Maddox" (a fake identity) debarked from the train at Grand Central Station. It had been a relatively smooth trip down, from Plattsburgh. But, he had been unable to enjoy it. He had felt like someone was watching him, the whole way!

He had not come here in a blind panic, however. He had done some "googling," before making his travel arrangements. And, sure enough, there was a Raymond Venn who worked as a private investigator in the NYC area. With an office on the second floor of a certain building along Madison Avenue.

Roger gave that address to the cabbie who approached him outside the station. And, the cabbie--to insure a good tip--put Roger's tow-along luggage into the trunk of his cab with the utmost care.

Which was most fortunate for the inch-high female sizechanger currently hitching a ride on it!

* * * * *

MEANWHILE, BACK ON EARTH-DXM...

The blonde giantess had reached the Ohio River, just as predicted. Whereupon, an army major shouted up to her (via "bullhorn" megaphone) to stop where she was and identify herself.

She stopped. Yet, she made no reply.

"I say again; identify yourself. And, your purpose."

This time, there was a response.

"Must...go...to MarySue. Washington...D.C."

"You aren't going anywhere until you've identified yourself!" shouted the major.

But, the blonde giantess did not answer her. Instead, she turned slightly to her left, and raised her right foot. Putting it down on the Kentucky side of the river.

And, in Washington, D.C., a Delta Force general (watching everything via satellite) grimly uttered three little words.

"Fire at will."

tbc
Chapter End Notes:
For those who've always wondered: "humvee" is the slang pronounciation of the intials HMMWV (High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle).