- Text Size +
The Apaches began the assault by with a missile barrage backed up by machine gunfire. The armor-piercing bullets merely bounced off of her skin. Yet, the bright flashes from the incendiary air-to-air missiles and tracer bullets succeeded in attracting her attention. At which point, the major ordered the tank-like vehicles behind him to launch their surface-to-air missiles.

These projectiles, however, carried a chemical payload. One that quickly enveloped the head of the giantess in an almost opaque cloud!

Agents 678 and 679 watched all this on CNN, in their motel room near Washington D.C.'s Dulles International Airport. And, when the blonde giantess began coughing and sneezing, the latter lifted up his sunglasses to take a closer look.

"Correct me, if I'm wrong. But, doesn't her reaction sound awfully familiar?"

"Indeed it does," replied the senior agent: "That's Spell-breaker gas! And, weaponized, by the look of it. Evidently, Mr. Yrac Cimoc has been smuggling more than shrink rays to this world."

"Why would Delta Force be using it against a GTS-goddess, though?" asked his confused partner: "They have no inherent magic to neutralize."

"Except one," corrected Agent 678: "The aspect of their immortality that makes them invulnerable to shrink-rays! And, unless I'm mistaken, that's what those soldiers are going to employ, next."

He was right. The TV news cameras showed several dozen soldiers carrying what resembled overgrown thimbles! Naturally, most everyone assumed these were some new kind of bazooka (portable rocket-launcher). The grayish-white beams of light that subsequently issued from them, however, soon dispelled that notion.

"I see it, ladies and gentlemen," stated one reporter: "But, I almost can't believe it. This giantess is actually shrinking!! One thousand feet; eight hundred feet; five hundred."

Agent 678 turned off the cable television.

"I've seen enough. We move on Cimoc...now!"

Agent 679 merely nodded, and withdrew his teleporton (which now resembled a fully-collapsed Totes umbrella). His partner did the same. Whereupon, they each pressed a certain button, simultaneously. An action that transported them from the motel room...to the blind alley behind the ersatz Wishbone franchise.

They walked up to the back door and extended their respective right arms. On the fourth finger of each right hand was a ring that looked as if it were set with obsidian. And, the moment those hands were clenched into fists, needle-thin beams of red light issued from them. Red light that seeped down the left and right sides of the door from top to bottom.

Causing it to fall down inward with an unignorable "crash/bang."

"Homeland Security! Nobody move!"

tbc