- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
GLOSSARY
This is for those who easily forget things, or who need
me to clarify certain details already over-explained within the story. ;-)

* * * * *

Ashrog (mentioned only): Chief Nahrog's jealous brother, who usurped the latter's rulership over the Osiri.

Azulings: mysterious blue-skinned race that inhabits the North American East Coast of a parallel-Earth. They and the Wotani share a monotheistic belief in a deity called the Great Parent.

Bigelow, Alexandra: also known as "Sandy" (Michael Smith's girlfriend). Seventeen year-old only daughter of Goodson Academy's headmaster. Was given a magic ring, by her archeologist-grandfather, that allows her to grow giant-sized (up to one hundred feet tall)!

Club-knife: a sort of switchbladed mace. A trained Osiri warrior can alternately use it as bludgeon, left-handed parrying weapon, and short-range projectile. All with equal lethality.

Golar (mentioned only): High King of the Wotani. Father of Golar the Younger (now deceased) by Queen Vara. And, father of Landor by Queen Mairhee.

Great Exchange: a wife-swapping ritual proposed by the Azulings in an ultimately vain attempt to avert war between the Wotani and the Osiri.

Landor: also known as "Michael Smith" (Sandy Bigelow's boyfriend). Seventeen year-old only son of King Golar and Queen Mairhee. Half-brother of both Rojar and Golar the Younger (now deceased).

Mairhee (mentioned only): formerly, Chief Nahrog's First Among Wives. Now, Queen of the Wotani. Mother of both Rojar and Landor.

Malagor (now deceased): Ashrog's former second-in-command. His reward for cowardly--and literally--stabbing Chief Nahrog in the back, twenty years earlier.

Nahrog (mentioned only): original and rightful First Chief of Chiefs of the Osiri. Father of Rojar. Murdered on the orders of his jealous brother Ashrog (supposedly for agreeing to the controversial Great Exchange).

Osiri: a large tribe of nomadic hunter-warrior clans, whose men-folk practice polygamy and style their hair to resemble black-maned lions. Chiefly inhabiting the arid Southern Plains, of a parallel-Earth's North America, they are currently at war with the Wotani.

Parahedron: a pyramidal ornament made of quartz crystal. Psychokinetically variable in size, it allows telepathic communication by non-telepaths.

Rojar: also known as "Martin Smith." Only son of Nahrog and Mairhee. Older half-brother of Landor; stepson of Vara; and vengeance-seeking nephew of Ashrog the Usurper.

Saxon, Wesley: Sandy Bigelow's jealous, over-possessive ex-boyfriend. Captain of the Goodson Academy football team; spoiled-rotten son of the Chairman/CEO of Saxon Pharmaceuticals.

Toray: Envoy-General for the Patriarch of the Azulings.
It was on his advice that King Golar and Chief Nahrog agreed to the Great Exchange.

Vara: also known as "Lucy Smith." Formerly, Queen of the Wotani. Mother of Golar the Younger (now deceased); stepmother of Rojar; and foster mother of Landor.

Willek: also known as "John Smith." Psychic blind clergyman who helped Vara raise Rojar and Landor (by posing as their grandfather).

Wotani: a feudal society of blue-eyed redheads who chiefly inhabit the North America of a parallel-Earth from the Arctic Circle to the Great Lakes. Currently at war with the Osiri.

Xamurep (mentioned only): Patriarch of the Azulings. Toray serves him as a combination Henry Kissinger and James Bond.