- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
GOTHAM CITY
(JUNE 1968)
Using the utmost stealth, Batgirl used one of her custom-tempered nail files to pick the lock on the rear door of Florence of Arabia's "bellydancing school." When that had been successfully completed, she and Robin tip-toed inside. The Boy Wonder had no sooner pointed to where he had seen the sonic images, however, than he and Batgirl heard a disturbingly loud hiss!

Disturbing, that is, in the sense that even a creaking wooden floor board would have sounded unnaturally loud to them at this psychological point.

They looked at each other, almost accusingly, until they heard it a second time. Coming from behind them! They looked...and saw Tiny Tony Newman frantically waving at them from inside his gilded cage.

"Holy Homunculi! I've got to be hallucinating," declared Robin.

Batgirl shook her head: "Hallucinations aren't contagious. That's got to be some kind of animatronic toy."

"I'm not a toy," replied Tony: "Animatronic or otherwise. I was shrunk by something called a 'Schmidlap ray.' Whatever that is!"

The two costumed crime-fighters looked at each other, and then at the cage. Then, they went over it.

"How do you know about the Schmidlap ray?" demanded Robin. So, Tony explained to him and Batgirl, as best he could (in as few time-consuming words as possible), about the accidental landing atop the Caped Crusader back in the Batcave.

"Holy H.G. Wells!" exclaimed Robin: "Do you really expect us to believe you're a time traveler?"

"Is it anymore incredible than a man being reduced in height after first being reduced to dust?"

"Touche'!" replied Batgirl: "Let's get you out of that cage. And, then, we'll get Batman away from that cut-rate Cleopatra."

"Why not leave her to me?"

Batgirl and Robin turned as one...and gasped.

"Catwoman?!" they chorused.

"That's right, kitties. Back in my original form! From my point of view, I've used this obelisk to magically transform myself at least twice, in as many years. Once, into the semblance of Lisa Carson (daughter of John E. Carson). The second time; into the spitting image of that black woman who sings that materialistic Christmas carol. And, both times, nobody noticed or questioned it!!"

"So, you've proven the obelisk is truly magical," replied Batgirl: "The question is; what are you going to do with it, now?"

Most fittingly, Catwoman's only response was a Cheshire cat-grin. Then, she gazed at the obelisk before muttering a few words. Whereupon, it began to glow...with a purplish-black radiance.

"Robin, quickly! Throw a batarang!"

The Boy Wonder had already had the same thought. But, just as he was about to let it fly, in the hopes of dislodging the obelisk from Catwoman's grip, the radiance flared. Momentarily blinding him and the Distaff Daredevil. When they could see again, they once more gasped in unison.

Because, they were now trapped in the same birdcage as Tiny Tony!

"Don't worry, boys and girl. I don't leave my pets in over-crowded conditions. I'll wish up two empty cages, just like this one. That way, you'll each have a place to call your own! First, however...?"

CRASH!

The Felonious Feline fell to the floor, face-first. Her last statement interrupted by the Japanese-made replica of a canopic jar being broken over head.

It was, of course, Florence of Arabia who had done it. Slowly and seductively, she had divested the shrunken Batman of almost his entire costume (minus the cape and cowl) when she began to hear strange noises coming from outside her bedroom door. She reluctantly got up off the bed, tip-toed to the door, and opened it. Just a crack.

With one eye, she watched Batgirl and Robin converse with the other little man. The one who had inadvertently helped her to capture Batman! Needless to say, she was amazed by what she overheard.

Then, Catwoman appeared out of thin air. Thereby, doubling her amazement! And after overhearing the Felonious Feline brag about the properties of the obelisk, Florence knew she had to have it for herself. Yet, now that she did, she just had to be certain she had not been hearing things.

"I wish for Catwoman to be trapped in that birdcage with the other three."

Moments later, the miniaturized trio became a quartet. Which made the bodacious bellydancer impishly grin with triumph.

"I now wish for the four of them to make love with each other. Boy/girl; boy/girl!"

Purplish-black auras outlined the bodies of the shrunken captives. Following which, Batgirl and Robin looked at each other as lustfully as Catwoman now looked at Tiny Tony.

tbc