- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
SOMEWHERE OVER NEVADA (1978)
* * * * *

Even with her magic propelling the beach blanket through the air, it turned out to be a long trip across the eastern Pacific Ocean to this strange new world. With cities that sprawled farther, and buildings that reached higher, than Basra and Baghdad put together!

So, Rumina entertained herself the only way she could think of: by torturing Little Sinbad.

"Who is my personal toy?"

"Please, Rumina!" begged the shrunken seafarer: "Not again."

She puckered her lips and blew on his stomach. Producing a sound reminiscent of a camel breaking wind after eating one too many dates!

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" laughed Sinbad, convulsing helplessly in her grip.

"Who is my personal toy?" she repeated.

"I am, Mistress."

"And, how long are you going to remain so?"

"For as long as I live, Mistress."

"Very good, my tiny love-slave. And, as a reward for your oh-so wise answer..."

Whatever she was going to say next was cut off by a sudden sensation running through her head.

"We have arrived! The tracer spell has done its work. We have arrived at the location of the obelisk.

They landed in the middle of a dry lake bed. A moment later, Rumina stood up and stretched the kinks out of her stiff muscles. As she did so, her ample cleavage was momentarily pointed skyward. Giving Little Sinbad an arousing view of her "treasure chest."

His thoughts returned to normal, however, when he saw his giantess captor frown upon examing her surroundings.

"Something is wrong. I see only nothingness around me. How could the obelisk possibly be here?"

"You mean, the Black Obelisk of Ramses?" inquired a new voice.

Rumina spun about: "Who are you? How did you sneak up behind me, undetected?"

The man who had addressed her wore a verdant robe, with a matching hood that concealed most of his face. All she could see was his maddening smile...which now broadened into a smug grin.

"I am a member of the Akashic Brotherhood.* Known to most men as the Green Lama. And, what you seek used to be stored in an underground vault, far below our feet! But, when I sensed your arrival in this era, I knew time was of the essence. So, I immediately warned the vault-keepers, who promptly entrusted the obelisk's relocation to me. And, it is now safely beyond your reach."

"Why, you...!"

Rumina transferred Little Sinbad to her left hand, so she could hurl a ball of lightning at this interloper with her right. Much to her disappointed amazement, however, it merely went through him!

"You cannot electrocute an astral projection, Rumina. You would be better off saving your strength and casting a spell to return you to your own time. Or, my disciple and I shall do it for you!"

With that, the Green Lama's astral body disappeared.

* * * * *

MEANWHILE, IN GOTHAM CITY, TEN YEARS IN THE PAST...

Batgirl, Robin, Catwoman, and Tony Newman were still asleep from sexual exhaustion. So, it had been up to the temporally transposed Secret Service agents, Artemus Gordon and James West, to plant the plastic explosives on the lock of the birdcage presently holding them. And, that had not been easy, considering they were presently less than an inch tall!

Yet, it proved a nice surprise that the detonator was so lightweight.

"Must be made of some aluminum derivative," hypothesized Artie (ever the metallurgist).

"Whatever," said Jim: "Let's just set the timer, and get ready for Phase 2."

At that same moment, in the relatively nearby bedroom, Florence of Arabia was enjoying a rather unusual form of foot massage.

"OH, BATMAN!" she sighed: "You feel so soft to the touch."

The mesmerized crime-fighter did not answer her. He merely stood at attention, while Florence rubbed her feet up and down on either side of his shrunken body. A body that was now devoid of any clothing save his cape and cowl!

The only sign that he felt anything, while being so demeaned, was an occasional twitch on the left side of his face. One that made him look as if he were half-smiling. And, everytime his lips twitched, a small laugh-like sound escaped them. The kind of laughter that one might hear from a ticklish baby.

This naturally made Florence ecstatic. A moment later, though, her ecstasy came to an abrupt end.

BOOM!

"What the...?"

The barefoot bellydancer ran to the next room. To her astonishment, the door to the birdcage was hanging from its upper right hinge at a ninety-degree angle. With white smoke trailing upward, toward the ceiling, from the lower left hand corner. She naturally ran forward to see if her other shrunken prisoners had escaped. Between that, and their present size, she was totally unaware of Artie and Jim acrobatically jumping from the rim of the doorway.

Only to land on the black crystalline surface of the obelisk!

To be continued
Chapter End Notes:
*Akashic Brotherhood: practioners of Oriental white magic in the White Wolf Games universe.

Green Lama: the secret identity of Golden Age crime-fighter Jethro Dumont. Currently appearing in comics copyrighted by Dynamite Entertainment.