- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
GOTHAM CITY
(JUNE 1968)
* * * * *

The first thing Jim and Artie did, upon landing on the Black Obelisk, was wish themselves back to their normal heights. Whereupon, they were momentarily blinded by a purplish-black radiance. When they could see again, they saw Florence of Arabia staring at them in open-mouthed shock!

"Quickly! Grab her, Jim!"

If there was one thing James West excelled at, it was sweeping a beautiful girl into his arms. Although, in Florence's case, he embraced her in a full-Nelson, while his partner grabbed the obelisk away from her. This was quickly followed by Artie silently wishing that both of them were fully clothed, again.

One purplish-black flash later, they were dressed just as they had been, back in 19th-century Philadelphia.

"Looks like I'm getting the hang of this, Jim!" grinned the older Secret Service agent.

"Just...make...that second wish,...Artie. This one's...becoming...a wildcat!"

He was right. For Florence was now struggling quite fiercely, and screaming like a terrible two year-old. So, Artie now wished for the other four occupants of the birdcage to be restored to their original sizes. Clothing and all.

Whereupon, Catwoman was quickly tackled to the floor by Batgirl, with Robin and Tony Newman dog-piling on top of them.

"Rowwwwwwwwrrr!" snarled the Felonious Feline: "Are you three crazy? Let...me...up!"

"No way, Catwoman," replied the Boy Wonder: "Not until you're securely Bat-cuffed!"

When the latter had been accomplished, Catwoman was pulled back on to her feet by Batgirl. This left Robin free to walk over to where Jim West was still struggling to hold on to Florence of Arabia.

"Alright, you! What have you done with Batman?"

"I'm...right here, old...chum."

Robin looked in the direction of the bedroom doorway, and gasped when he saw the current condition of his partner-in-crime-fighting.

"Holy Dishabille!"

* * * * *

Meanwhile, ten years in the future, a gray Zodiac was pulled on to the sandy shore of a certain lagoon by Seaman Kowalski and three of his shipmates from the USNS Seaview. With them were Captain Crane and CPO Sharkey.

All six of them were wearing Colt .45 semi-auto sidearms.

"Where to now, Skipper?" asked the chief petty officer.

Lee Crane repositioned the obelisk underneath his left arm, as his right index finger pointed towards the upper end of the beach.

"That looks like a pretty well-worn trail over there. Let's make sure there are no natives on this island, before we blow it to Kingdom Come."

Thus, five minutes later, these men from Seaview had their first meeting with the cast-aways of the S.S. Minnow.

"Fifteen years?!" exclaimed CPO Sharkey upon hearing the septet's story: "Incredible!"

"Not as incredible as being shrunken to the size of a doll by a woman straight out of THE ARABIAN NIGHTS," replied Professor Hinkley. The polytechnic genius was currently being clutched to the bosom of a smiling Ginger Grant.

Lee Crane could not help smiling, himself, as he admitted the professor had a point.

"Fortunately," he added: "I have something here that might be able to counteract what was done to you."

Whereupon, he silently wished for the professor, Seaman Gilligan, and Captain Jonas "the Skipper" Grumby to be restored to their normal sizes. Naturally, there was much jubilation when that happened. And, even more so, when Captain Crane told the cast-aways that the Seaview was going to take them all home!

To Be Continued