- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ah! Shrinkage, at last.
SULTANATE OF BASRA,
(CIRCA 8TH CENTURY A.D.)

* * * * *

As the only child of Turok the Sorceror, Rumina had vowed to learn all she could from her father, in order to win his approval. So, naturally, she took it very hard when her father was decapitated by Sinbad the Sailor!

Her latest attempt at revenge was two-fold. Capturing Sinbad, during his stay at Sultan Omar's palace. And, then, using magical glamour to impersonate him when she stole Omar's prize possession: the Black Obelisk of Ramses. As Sinbad had come to Basra on behalf of Harun Al-Rashid, the Caliph of Baghdad, the theft would be seen as an act of war by Omar. And, that war would lead to Baghdad's destruction!

She saw that as only fitting, since her father had been killed on the Caliph's behalf, as well.

The first part of her plan had succeeded all too well. During a party at the Sultan's palace, she had disguised herself as a belly dancer, in order to lure Sinbad into the privacy of the royal flower garden. The legendary seafarer had seen through her disguise. But, he proved over-confident in his threat to denounce her. And, as a result, she wound up shrinking him to the size of her index finger!

How she had laughed at his prediction that she would never get away with her scheme. She demonstrated otherwise when she picked him up, wrapped in one of her facial veils like a fish in a net. Before stuffing him down her cleavage like a prize jewel.

"Sinbad! So close to my heart."

"Where are you taking me? No! Mmmmmmph!"

Half an hour later, he was unceremoniously dumped into a white clay bottle while Rumina went back to the palace to enact the second phase of her plan. Using the diplomatic seal Sultan Omar had given to the real Sinbad, she was able to enter the guarded vault where the obelisk was kept. Only to be caught in the act of stealing it...as intended.

Now, she luxuriated in a conjured-up bubble bath, contemplating all the glorious things she was going to do with the obelisk amplifying her own magic. Things Little Sinbad would literally be on hand to witness. Yet, unable to prevent!

Then, the stranger appeared. A rival mystic, judging by the odd way he was dressed. And, more relevantly, by the way he had managed to enter her room at this inn, despite her magically sealing the door and windows. But, if he thought she was helpless while bathing, she proved him wrong.

She flung the same body-shrinking powder into his eyes that she had used on Sinbad. And, just in time, too. For she had caught her little lover trying to climb out of the bottle, using his sash and scimitar as a grappling hook-and-rope!

"Naughty, naughty, Sinbad. Leaving without first meeting your new roommate."

Needless to say, she confiscated the sash and scimitar before knocking the shrunken seafarer back into the bottle. Followed closely by the stranger.

tbc