- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
THE BESTIARY
(MARCH 1966)
Sombra's late father, Hitomi, had been good friends with the Eurasian master spy, Tito Daka, during World War II. In fact, the latter had even been her childhood tutor!

Thus, it came as no surprise to her father that Sombra not only inherited some of Daka's mind-controlling "zombification collars." She had actually modified them into spider-emblazoned skullcaps! Ones filled with all sorts of modern computer circuitry. And, one of which she had subsequently placed on the head of the chronospatially-transposed "Omaha" Mackelroy, in order to test it.

"Are you any relation to the McElroy Point McElroys?"

"Same...family. Differently...spelled...branch."

"And, you say the last thing you remember, before materializing on that slippery cave ledge, was shooting it out with some German spies in 1943?"

"Yes."

"How do you account for this anomaly?"

"The...obelisk."

"You mean, this phallic-looking thing?"

"Yes."

"What's so special about it?"

"Supposed...to have...magical...powers."

"Really? Hmmmm!" she mused: "I wonder how much the Spellcrafts might pay for this?"

KA-RACK!

To the Black Widow's amazement, the obelisk was virtually lassoed out of her hands by Mackelroy's bullwhip! A bullwhip now being wielded by...

"Catwoman???"

"That's right, B.W. And, we'll be sure to inquire of the Spellcrafts on your behalf."

" 'We?' " echoed the Black Widow.

Catwoman used the obelisk to point down at her feet, where a black Persian cat was doing a figure-eight around her ankles.

"Meet my new partner-in-crime; Cicero."

"How did that filthy beast get in here?" demanded Sobmra of her henchmen.

"The same way all three of us are getting out," replied the Felonious Feline.

Catwoman closed her eyes and whispered something inaudible. And, before the Black Widow could take advantage of this, by ordering her henchmen to attack?

Catwoman, Cicero, and Omaha disappeared!

* * * * *

Meanwhile, two years in the future, the Batmobile was leaving the Batcave. With Florence of Arabia at the steering wheel!

Batman had been successfully rehydrated with the shrinking solution, just like Tony Newman. But, unlike Tony, he was still in a post-hypnotic state. Totally responsive only to Florence! Even so, she had had him surrender his famous utility belt before subjecting him to the Schmidlap ray. For, as Florence so aptly put it:

"I ain't like Tut-tut and the rest of your Rogues' Gallery; overconfident enough to let you keep it."

Yet, any remaining doubts, as to his altered state of mind, were eliminated when Batman unhesitantly told her how to drive the Batmobile, after first shutting off its anti-theft systems. And, she drove it all the way back to her belly-dancing school (ostensibly closed due to stomach flu)!

She stealthily made her way in through the back door, unbuckling the utility belt as she did so. Batman and Tony, who had been pinned to her waist by the buckle, started falling towards the floor. But, Florence caught them both, very quickly. Following which, she gave each of them a full-on kiss.

"I can't help it," she explained: "You're both so irresistibly cute at this size. Like a couple of real living dolls! In fact; that gives me an idea."

Ten minutes later, the Diminutive Duo had a multitude of strings attached to them. By means of which Florence began manipulating them like marionette puppets, as she commenced to sing:

"It's a small world, after all.
It's a small world, after all!
IT'S A SMALL WORLD, AFTER ALL!
It's a small, SMALL WORLD."

tbc
Chapter End Notes:
Happy Halloween, everybody!