- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
GOTHAM CITY
(JUNE 1968)
Commissioner Gordon of the GCPD, along with Police Chief O'Hara and Batgirl, were blocking the entrance to the mine shaft. Robin the Boy Wonder was directly opposite them, sandwiching King Tut in between them.

"So, you think you've got me, do you?" declared the Portly Potentate of Perfidy: "Well, before that happens, let me tell you all something. I know the secret identities of the Dynamic Dum-dums. Batman and Robin are really..."

Before he could utter the fateful pronouncement, King Tut seemingly vanished into thin air!

"Ann!" exclaimed General Kirk: "I thought you were trying to find Tony and Mackelroy, and latch on to them!"

"I was," replied Ann: "Evidently this is his modern counterpart. A few years older, and...several... pounds heavier."

Doug Phillips (still shrunken, and perched on the control panel by her right hand) added how the sensor readings indicated that residual particles, from the Black Obelisk's weird energy signature, were trapped within King Tut's Kirlian aura.

"That explains why we couldn't get a lock on his past self."

"But, what about Tony?" countered the general: "Where's he, right now?"

If the imaging screen had been functioning properly, at that moment, they would have seen Florence of Arabia putting him inside a gold-plated birdcage that resembled a cocktail mixer.

"I saw this used on an episode of I DREAM OF JEANNIE, once," she bragged: "I always wanted to have a little prisoner of my own for it. Now, I've got two! But, you? I'll save for later. Right now, I'm off to my bedroom to have some fun with my little Bat-slave. And, we're gonna have a _lot_ of fun! Won't we, Bat-slave?"

The mesmerized mini-man, sitting calmly on the palm of her left hand, simply said:

"Yes,...Mistress."

Meanwhile, within the timestream, King Tut saw three others tumbling slowly around him. Only one of whom he recognized.

"Blessed Bast! Catwoman? What are you doing here? Are you responsible for this...?"

He gestured at the kaleidoscopic panorama of their surroundings, words having failed him.

"Yes and no, Tutsy. Cicero, here, is a Persian djinn in feline form. And, when he read in my mind where and when he was (along with the most likely reason why), he told me about the Black Obelisk's true potential. A potential I intend to tap! I'll literally be the All-time Queen of Crime. Committing the crime of the century in _any_ century I desire!"

Before she could boast any further, all four time travlers vanished from each other's sight.

"Omaha" Mackelroy (Tut's zombified younger self) materialized inside somebody's office. Banging his head against the rear wall of that office and, thereby, smashing the zombifying skullcap.

"Great Scott!" exclaimed General Blankenship of U.S. Army Intelligence: "How did _he_ get in here?"

"I don't know, General," replied Wonder Woman: "But, my magic Lasso of Truth will get the answer from him."

Meanwhile, in eighth-century Basra, Maeve the Celtic sorceress--while searching for her brother Dermot (transmogfried into a hawk a few years earlier)--had accidentally barged into the rented room of the one responsible. Although, she was initially unaware of this, as Rumina had resumed her glamorized semblance of Sinbad!

This subsequently lulled Maeve into a false sense of security. Long enough, at least, for Rumina to magically stun her unconscious.

And, that's when King Tut of Gotham City made the scene.

tbc