- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay in getting this posted.
The Loafer part 4

Day 13

I awoke in a strange place:  I saw business suits, coats, dresses and other clothing that I hadn't seen nor had any idea where they came from.  I couldn't see to the side of me as usual but I could feel something leaning up against me.  I couldn't tell what it was but it felt like a purse or another pair of shoes.  I couldn't understand what had happened I heard noises outside the closet that were not typical of Brenda's home.  I heard the door open, the light turned on and I was blinded.  for some reason I was out in the open and the light shinded directly into my shoe prison.  I saw someone reach in, pick out a suit from the rack and she left.  Light still on & nothing else.  This sure was weird.  A few minutes later I heard water running.  I figured she was showering.  The cascade continued for a while.  I'm not sure how long 10 minutes was anymore but the water did stop.  It got quiet.for a while and she eventually returned.  She bent down and picked me and my mate up.  It was then I got sick to my core.  I didn't have a stomach anymore.  I saw a middle aged - maybe 50ish year old woman that I had seen on TV.  She was wearing a lilac business suit, white blouse underneath it, tan hose and now me.  I hate being a black shoe, I match just about everything.  She turned off the light and took me to her dressing table and dropped me on the floor.  I crashed on the carpet, bounced into the air doing a nice flip and I landed on my back again.  It was then that I saw a security badge on her blouse.  Brenda or Denise never had to wear one.  She finished getting ready and she bent down to put me on.  I got a real good look at her face and it dawned on me who this woman was.  It was Nancy Pelosi.  Oh shit.  SOMEBODY GET ME OUT OF HERE!  Her stocking covered foot descended on the other shoe and I heard that POOOooof!  sound and then it was my turn.  NOOOOOOOO!  Her foot slowly descended on me, the toes flew past me and the light went out and her heel settled on me with the POOOooof! sound.  I then heard the door open and the light came on into the shoe that I was silently screaming in - Brenda reached in and picked me up and took me to her bed.

I was so relieved that was a dream.  But I wondered, how the hell do shoes have dreams?  Brenda!  Help me!  She bent over as if she heard me and said, "Hi, I hope you slept well and dreamed of my feet again."  I wasn't able to tell her of the horror I went through.  She said, "I have a short day today, only 6 hours instead of 8 and a half so that should be good for you."  She set me on the floor, almost carefully and slid her blue sock covered foot into me.  I yelled up at her, "Brenda!  How is this helping me?"  She didn't respond but instead stood up and started her day.  I heard her gather her things, go out to her car and get ready for her drive to the hotel.  The ground was cold and wet.  It must be December or something.  I have completely lost track of time - all I know is their routines and nothing else.  I felt myself on the carpet in her car yet again.  Most people don't use their left feet to drive, but sometimes she did if she had to adjust something on the seat next to her.  So most times I laid at rest on the carpet.  It was cold that morning or afternoon when she drove into work and it took a while for the heater to start putting out warm air.  I felt my front and top get warm so I figured she had the heat on.

She arrived at her destination, gathered her things and prepared herself for her day.  She walked across the parking lot - I got wet from some puddles that she couldn't avoid and she went inside.  She rubbed her shoes on the mat at the front door and I screamed into her sock covered foot, "Please, this hurts!"  Her foot didn't respond.  I then felt tile and heard voices.  I heard Denise and somebody else talking.  I figured it was her and a customer.  Brenda got her things in order and began her day.  I heard Denise ask shortly after if she could go on break since she had been there almost 3 hours.  Brenda said yes and she left.  Brenda stood at her station and worked.  Soon, Denise returned and they chatted when they could.  She told Brenda it had been busy and the night was looking the same.

Brenda went on her lunch - it felt weird to have her go 3 hours into her shift for her lunch break.  She heated up her lunch, sat down and ate.  She crossed her leg so that I would be up in the air instead of on the ground.  She sat there until it was time to go back to work.  She went to the ladies room, did her business and cleaned up.  I felt myself hitting tile again as she walked back to her station.  I heard talking again, then some quiet as it was just Brenda and Denise at the desk.  I heard Brenda say, "No, pay me tomorrow when we do the exchange."  Denise said, "I feel bad of what I did, I wish we could do the exchange now."  Brenda said, "I didn't bring any other shoes.  If I did I would give you these."  Her voice trailed off.

They continued working, she took a short 10 minute break about an hour after this happened.  She did have to make a phone call and then she was back at her station once more.  I felt the cushioned mat she stood on.  It didn't help me any but from what I remember when I was human and stood on htem it helped my feet and ankles.  So I figured it helped her.  Her foot began sweating again.  Like clockwork.  It was hot and this only added to my suffering.  She finished up her day, this time Denise did the paperwork.  Brenda helped 2 more guests and she was done.  Thier replacement arrived a few minutes early.  They briefed her on what to expect and what they had been able to do going into the overnight shift.  None of this was my concern though - they didn't pay any attention to me.  They left the hotel together - chatted in the parking lot and agreed on a time to meet up tomorrow.  I heard something about noon.  Maybe so the 2 of them could grab lunch.

I went off with my owner and Denise went her way.  I wondered if she was concerned for the pain that I was in.  I heard the car door open, she got in again twisting my back on the concrete and then resting it on the carpet.  She drove ssomeplace, I heard a voice outside the car, guess she rolled her window down then nothing.  She had even turned the radio down.  It's funny I never give the radio much thought anymore.  It's just music, I want to get out from under here.  I figured she was getting something to eat.  She headed home and again gathered her things, got out of the car and went inside.

Same routine, she went and turned on the TV, then to the table to eat her late dinner.  She finished up, threw her trash away and went to her recliner and removed her shoes.  She took off her socks like she did most nights and then stuffed her feet back into the shoes.  So I was now under her bare soft foot.  It was hot and sweaty but it felt better than the sock over it.  She made a call real fast then paid more attention to the TV.  I now dewelled under her heel with the TV droning behind me.  I could now feel the sweat dripping on me.  She did doze off and then woke up.  She went to her bedroom, kicked me off under her bed and put on her nightgown and went to sleep.

It was so weird being under her bed.  Denise never kept me there and this was the first time Brenda put me there.  I was so afraid to go back to Denise later today.  I figured she was still mad even though she told Brenda she felt bad about what she did.  Anyway there wasn't much I could do the time for when they would meet up would be soon.  I don't know if I ever went into that 'dream sleep' thing that I was used to going into.  I know there was light coming in the window.  She must be getting up soon to get ready.  Maybe she would change her mind and not go.  I heard her alarm go off.  She hit it and stayed in bed.  More time went by, it went off again.  This time she got up and headed for her bathroom.  I heard water running, I couldn't hear it much in the closet so I knew she was getting ready for a shower.  I knew it wouldn't be long now.

She got out of the shower, it took a while for her to come out since she had to dry her hair.  I did hear what sounded like a hair dryer.  She then went to her closet, grabbed some clothes and I noticed she had a pair of white and pink tennis shoes and pink socks in one hand and some clothes in the other.  My god, she was pretty.  She was walking around in a pink bra and pink panties.  She got dressed, I saw in a pink top and blue jean pants.  She came for me and got me out from under the bed.  She said, "I'm sorry that you have to go back to Denise, I want to keep you but we made a deal."  Here, before you leave I will wear you one more time.  She slipped her feet into both the shoes and walked around her room.  I knew she was going to do a few things around the house, maybe have a snack since she had some time before she had to leave.  I felt tile and carpet as she went from room to room.  Eventually tile again and more standing.  I figured she was going to have a very light breakfast.

I felt her sit down, she ate what she fixed and then back to the livingroom and to the recliner.  She must be watching tv.  She didn't prop her feet up like she normally does and when she would rock my back would rub the carpet.  I also heard her rummaging around for things, picking things up and setting things down.  Not sure what that was all about.  I noticed it was getting warm in here.  Her soft foot smelled good with the lotion she used on it.

I wasn't sure how long she sat doing what she had to do but suddenly she removed the shoes.  I slid off her foot and she brought me to her face.  "Thank you for being my shoe for the past 9 days."  She quickly added, "I appreciated you cushioning my feet and I hope they didn't smell too bad.  She reached to her side and pulled a small canvas bag out and dropped us both into it.  I knew then she was going to meet up with Denise.  I figured that's what the tennis shoes and socks were for.

This was the first time I left her house and I wasn't on her foot.  She got into her car and drove to where ever it was Denise would be waiting.  She must have arrived, I felt the bag lift up and she got out of the car.  She walked a short distance and then was inside some place.  It was noisy and I think crowded.  I thought I felt someone bump into the bag I was in.  I couldn't tell what she was doing but I would guess she was waiting in a restaraunt.  I couldn't hear alot but I felt her movements.  Shortly I felt her moving again.  This time I heard a female voice outside the bag.  She sat down.  I landed with a dull thud on the seat next to her. Now I couldn't hear much of anything now.  I laid there: helpless and in the dark quite literally I must add.  Finally the bag I was in lifted and I swung wildly and the top opened up.  I somehow was upside down so I couldn't see who was looking in.  I heard Denise's unmistakable voice saying, "Are you sure these are the right ones?"

Brenda said yes, they have the name you told me to look for.  I took care of them and even cleaned them up a bit before bringing them to you.  Yes she had cleaned me up late last night.  It was just some warm water with detergent and then wiped down with a clean wet rag.  Some kind of shower, or should I say sponge bath.

Denise gently lifted me out of the bag and grabbed a bag that she had.  She examined me, "Yes, these are the shoes."  She picked up my mate and dumped us into her bag and zipped it closed.  She placed me next to her and again I was deaf to the world.  I'm assuming she gave Brenda the $10 and change she paid for me 9 or 10 days ago.  I wasn't sure how long it was till I felt the bag move again but it finally did.  She left whereever it was we were and I had no idea where we were going now.

When the bag opened up again we were in an apartment or home.  It was fairly quite, only the TV going on about it's noise.  She got me out of the bag and began saying how sorry she was for doing all this to me.  She said she also found the items used in the transformation and had already read how to restore my voice.  She went about messing with the black wand thing I remember so well.  The next thing I knew she pointed it at me and I felt the same way when my voice was taken away.  I felt my 'ears' pop and my vocal cords activated and I tried to say something.  All I could get out was MMMMMpppphhhh!  She looked at me and said why can't you talk?  MMMMMMMMpppphhhh!  She examined the shoe and saw the dot from the second hand store and gently removed it.  There, that should do it.

"Baby, why?"  I couldn't believe I said something.

She got sad and said, "I'm sorry, I didn't appreciate you when you were human and I see now how you did help me.  I also did appreciate you as my work shoes also, I should add that I couldn't say.  I was embarrased to talk to my own shoes."

She was right, not many people speak to their footwear.  I asked, "How long have I been this way?"

She said, "About 5 years.  My life has been mostly work and bad relationships since that day."

I stated, "Well I was wondering what I had done to be punished this way."

She quickly replied, "I was hoping to find someone who had a job and car - I realize now that isn't all what relationships are about.  I know you worked and when you didn't you took care of the house but it wasn't the same, now I realize I was wrong."

I told her, "I thought I heard arguing and fighting when I was in the closet."

She said, "Yes, he was verbally abusive and sometimes physically shoved me around.  I had to move out to keep him from finding me.  He did try to talk to me at work but security stopped him."

I whispered that I was sorry.

She said, "We need to get you back to normal."

I said, "I thought that wasn't possible.  I thought I was stuck this way."

She said, "It's possible, but there's a few 'catches'."

Oh god, here we go.  This was when I found out most had been done.  She picked up a sheet of paper and read from it:

1.  Denise had to learn what she had was the best thing for her.
2.  The change couldn't be undone after 7 years.
3.  Three women had to wear me for their workweek and appreciate me as footwear.
4.  The shoe's 'voice' had to be restored.
5.  The shoes had to be in almost the same condition they were in before the change.

Oh god.  My heart sank.  Five years under your feet - I don't think I'm the same as before I got this way.

She quickly added, "Yes you are, you had some kind of rejuvination spell or something on you the whole time.  When you were not worn you regenerated some of what was lost."

I said, "Good, almost everything is complete.  It's less than 7 years, I have my voice back  I think condition one has been met."

She said, "Yes, it has.  I realized it when I asked Brenda to go get you from the store.  I had worked a long week then took a few days off to recover when I had sent her to get you."

I then added, "Well that just leaves 3."

She said, "I don't know who we can get for the third woman."

I said that Brenda appreciated me as her shoe and that you missed me being human.

She said, "Yes, very much so."

So now back to condition 3.  Not many other women that wear size 7 shoes that work with Brenda and Denise.  I can ask around.  I do know we work with Tiffany, she works in the morning.  Only problem is I think she has smaller feet than Brenda and I do.  Denise picked up the paper again.  She read something in the paragraphs - the shoes could be changed a few sizes either way but have to be reverted back to size 7 for the change back to normal.  Ok, so now we had a 3 size window either direction, from 4 to 10 now.  This device has a size menu and some numbers on it also.  So that's how I change your size.  Just for giggles she pressed a few buttons and woosh!  The pair of shes became 3 sizes bigger.  She shockingly said, "Damn, you could hold some really big feet now."

I quickly said, "Shit, you and Brenda hurt and you 2 don't weigh over 200.  I could imagine how much a 300 pound woman would hurt me."

I then remembered what happened at the thrift store and told Denise what happened.  She laughed and said, "I'm sorry."  She quickly added, "There could be a chance it could be a heavier woman that has a job where she's on her feet alot that may appreciate you."  I mean alot of thin women don't have that problem.  She then changed the knob back to 7 and I changed back to the size I was before.

I couldn't believe I was hearing this.  Denise, could you ask Tiffany if she would do it?

She said, "Maybe, we would have to turn off your voice, her husband is very jealous."

I laughed, Jealous?  Of a pair of shoes?  I added quickly, forget it.  Find someone else.  I don't want him to get upset with her and throw me out with the garbage.

She said, "Yeah, maybe I can put an ad or ask Brenda if she knows anyone.  I mean her ex Danny was into feet and he was on some foot boards.  Maybe there's some women that hang out there too."

"Ok, so now what?  Are you going to wear me to work tomorrow?"  I asked.

She said, "I think so.  I mean I like my new dress shoes but they are not quite broken in."

Well nobody will hear me if your foot is in the shoe.  I remember you could hear me in the closet and if there isn't much noise around.  She changed ths subject, "I still feel weird about talking to you this way.

I said, "I know, but what can I do?  Your the one that has to reverse this."

She frowned and she said, "I'm going to watch TV, I remember you don't like TV much.  I will just leave you here next to the recliner and put you in the closet when I got to bed."

I said with my hopes up, "or you could wear me barefooted - like Brenda did a few times."

She was surprised about the last part.  Ok, if that's what you want.  I do have a few things to do around here before I go to work tomorrow.  She quickly removed her socks and slipped her feet into the shoes that I was a part of.  Her feet were warm from being in the sock and soon I would be warm too.  She finished watching her show then she got up and did whatever it was she had to do.  I'm sure laundry was one of thie things she was doing.  Her foot pressed down on me and I just cushioned her lovely peds.  She sat down periodically to watch TV then off to do more chores.  I know she fixed dinner since she was walking around on the tile area of her home.

She finished doing what she had to do and took me off again by the TV.  She asked, "Was that good?"

I replied, "Yes, it sure was.  It's a shame you got to go to work tomorrow - the long days used to hurt me."

"There's not much I can do, I sort of need the money."  She stated.

I told her I remembered most of the reason we would argue was because of that.  She said I have tried to get better about it.  She got herself ready for bed and put me in the closet when it was time for bed.  I tried to look around, I could only see clothes hanging up and not much else.  I could smell shoes, unless it was coming from me.  I have had a female foot in me for about 5 years.  It was dark again.  She sometimes kept the door open, tonight she did that.  I slowly wandered off to the dreamland I now know as sleep.  I thought of Brenda - in a way I missed her.

Day 14

I must have been in a good dream - the alarm woke me up with a start.  I heard Denise turn it off and was on her way to the bathroom.  She normally showered then ate something before heading to work.  I heard her on the phone a few times also.  I knew after the went into the closet for her work things it wouldn't be much longer when she would have to put me on.

She asked, "I hope you will be ok."

"There's not much I can do"  I replied.

"With some good luck I may find someone today, I think Brenda knows somebody."  She tried to sound cheerful.

"I sure hope so."  I then saw her sock foot descend on me and felt it press down on me and her day was just beginning.  She gathered her things and left.  I knew I would be stuck for nearly 10 hours here since she had a ride to and from work.  If she only knew the pain she was causing me.

It was like any other day, arriving at work, greeting everyone, starting her shift and lots of standing.  I knew the routine.  I was happy for breaktime the few times I got out from under immense pressure to just minor pressure.  I couldn't hear much of anything outside her shoe but I thought she may have been on the phone.  Of course she may have been texting.I always knew she was heading back to work right after she went to the ladies room.  I couldn't believe it when she took her shoes off in the restroom.  The cool air hit me and when she finished she slipped her feet back into me.

I noticed that now I would begin to get hot right after her lunch break instead of 30 minutes before had she not removed the shoe.  The problem is the dried sweat would then remoisten and it would be the same amount of sweat.  I yelled into the bottom of her foot that she was hurting me.  I got no response.  She stood and did whatever it was she had to do at work.

She took a quick 15 minute break later on but still with about 2 hours left of her shift - she walked to the ladies room, took care of business.  Shortly after that were were on our way to the breakroom.  I thought I heard her on the phone but I couldn't tell.  I know they had a TV in there and at this late of an hour there shouldn't be too many people out and about.  She got up - breaktime was over.  I felt us walking down the hallway to her station.  The rest of the night passed quickly and then she went home.  She said bye to whoever was there taking her place after she left and she headed out the door.  Oh wow, the ground was real cold.  Felt like ice, sand and snow that she was walking on.  She made her way gingerly to the car and got in.  I'm sure in this bad of weather she would just go straight home.

She arrived home, went in and took me off her foot.  She said, "I think i found someone that can do this."

I was in shock, "Who?"

She said, "It's someone that responded to my ad, she just got a job at a bank and needs new work shoes."

"Oh god, more standing."  I groaned and quickly added, "Why couldn't a secretary or typist respond?"

She added, "Her name is Mary Anne and she works for a large bank here.  She got the job but was wearing some old worn out shoes.  The bank requires them to wear this type loafer and your favorite - pantyhose."

"Ok, a good point, but what size is she?"

"8, but she did say she was working on losing some weight.  So you may fit her tight in the beginning.

"Oh god, my worst fear."  Can't you find somebody else?  What did Brenda say?

"She doesn't know anybody, she's still asking around though.  Well I will do something for you tonight."  She said, smiling and removing her socks.  She dropped me back on the floor and put me back on.  Oh god, her feet were soft but hot and dripping with sweat.  They warmed up the dried up sweat that was in her shoe and I was instantly soaked.  I heard her laugh and she got up and went to the kitchen for something.  She walked back to the recliner and sat back down.  She too was like Brenda and watched TV when she got home from work.  I heard the TV going on behind me but there wasn't much I could do with the sweat & smell in here now.

Suddenly she removed me and said, "Hey, she's going to get you tomorrow so with all good luck you will be back to normal this time next week!" I could tell she was excited.

"I hope so, I think I forgot how to be human."  I said dejected.

She slipped me back on her foot without saying anything else.  I don't know if she was going to go to sleep or keep watching her show.  I clung helplessly to her foot and thought about what it would be like to be human again.  Doing all the things people do instead of being worn and thrown in a closet when I'm not needed.

I guess I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't notice she had gotten up.  She walked to the restroom, washed up and then took me off and said, "Good night, see you tomorrow then in 1 week you will be back here for the transformation back."

"Night Denise."  That was about all I could muster.

Day 15

She dropped me in the closet - I guess this was routine she forgot she had kept me under the bed a few times.  She slept and when her alarm went off she got up, showered and got dressed.  She had on a blue shirt, blue jeans and she had a sweater and some gloves off to the side.  I knew it was cold out when she had a sweater on.  She got me out of the closet and said I don't know much about her, I did tell her to bring you back in a week and I would pay $100.  I'm going to meet with her and make the exchange.  She grabbed the remote, turned off my voice again and turned the dial to 8.  Once she was satisfied with the changes, she dumped us in a bag and closed it.

And just like that we were off.  Off to someplace and I didn't know where.  They met up, made the exchange and Denise gave instructions again.  This woman got us out of the bag, quickly removed her boots and put us on.  I screamed under her hose covered foot, it had been in that boot a while and alot of sweat had built up.  It mixed in with the scent of what was left of her lotion.  She walked around the room a bit, sat back down and removed me from her foot and dropped me in the bag.  "See you in a week!"  That was the last I heard her say to Denise and she walked off with me in her bag.

This woman was alot bigger than Denise, about 100 pounds bigger.  She was about 25 years old, red hair and semi light skinned.  She did arrive at work and she removed the boots and slid me on her feet.  I could only see her tan hose and dress slacks.  I pleaded with her but her foot still entered me.  It was a tight fit and I heard that poooofff sound.  I tried pushing her heel off me but it was no use.  I instantly regretted that I told Denise that she was heavy.  This woman was hurting me with every step.  I also realized her foot began sweating alot earlier in the day than the other 2 women I had been under.  I heard people and noise all arround me and nobody seemed to realize that I was yelling for help.

She took her first break.  I began to realize that most people sit down on their breaks and go to the restroom.  Or vice-versa.  I know they all ended so quickly though.  Before I knew it we were back at her station again.  It was hot in here and there was so much sweat on me.  The hose didn't keep it off me like the socks did but her foot was soft.  The day continued on there appeared to be no relief in sight for me.  I heard more people going into and out of the bank and again around lunch time she took her break.  She went to the restroom, cleaned up and then went to the breakroom.  I think it was a multi office building since other offices shared the same building on the other floors.  She ordered her food, crushing me under her feet the whole time.  She st down, ate and headed to the restroom again.  She did her business and cleaned up.  I figured she had to be clean for the customers.  She walked back out to her station and did her work.  The day continued to drag on.  I wondered if Denise knew what she had done to me.

Finally she took her last break.  Same routine, same noise in the breakroom.  Then back to her station for more standing.  I felt - this late in the day - that the hose were cutting into me.  Like leaving their imprint on my face and body.  The sweat kept coming.  Her shift ended and she headed home, I think.  She drove for a while - maybe she had a long commute into work.  She got home, sat down in her favorite chair and slowly slipped her feet out of me.  She said, "Guess what?  I got a new assignment for the bank."

I wasn't able to say anything audible because Denise had turned off my voice.  I tried to say, "Awesome!"

She happily added, "I'm moving to Phoenix and your coming with me.  See this is a suite that I was renting for a few days while my things got moved out there.  We will be on a flight tomorrow morning and get everything situatied.  Then I got to work a few days then 2 days off.

I screamed, "Nooooo!  You can't do this to me!  You got to take me back so Denise can make me human again!

It was like I said nothing to her.  She sounded so happy about her plans - she walked to the bedroom with us and set us under the bed.  Thats where I laid until the next morning.

Day 16

Just as she promised her alarm went off early, she showered, got dressed and grabbed us out from under her bed and slipped into us.

I again pleaded with her, "Please don't do this!"  She slid into the shoes and Pooooffff!  I was again sealed in darkness.  Her hose covered foot was cool and clammy from the shower but it wouldn't be long before it would get hot.  She gathered her things and left for the airport.

I pounded the ground at the airport, shit it was a long walk to whereever she had to go.  I ached, the concrete hurt on every step she took.  Her heel slammed into my face.  It began to get warm except for my 'back'.  It was on cold concrete.  She kept walking, I pleaded with her hose covered foot but I got no relief.  She stopped some place then a few more steps.  I then suddenly felt her press hard on me, then slowly removed me.  The air hit me and I saw people all around.  I screamed for someone to help me.  "HELP!  SHE'S KIDNAPPING ME!"  Everyone went about their business getting checked in.  Some TSA worker inspected me.  I tried again, no response I was treated like a real shoe.  I was set back on the table and Mary Anne put me back on the floor and slipped her feet back into me.  I begged silently for her to let me go but her foot just settled on me.  The short time her feet were out of me cooled them off a bit so now the process started all over again.

She waited for them to board - seated.  Thank God, I thought she was going to crush me. I waited there until she stood to get in line to board.  Again more pressure.  Then the walk to the plane and to her seat.  It wouldn't be but 90 minutes or so on the plane so I had better enjoy the rest.  It was getting warm again.  It was an uneventful ride - but one that I knew I didn't have a choice in taking.

The flight landed - it took a while for them to unload.  I suffered under Mary Anne's foot while she waited to get off the plane.  I finally felt walking, then the carpet in the airport, then tile when she got to the main walkway.  Again a long walk to a car, whether it was her car or someone picking her up from the airport I don't know.  I could hear people, then people and cars.  I felt her get into a car.  I felt the carpet under me and I couldn't tell who she was riding with.  The ride was kind of long but eventually we got there.  She did say she had something lined up out here, maybe an apartment.

She sat down after getting inside - I didn't hear a TV like when I was with the other 2 women.  It was reasonably quiet.  I then heard music.  It sounded like a stereo or something.  She did her work and I lay silently under her foot.  Her stockings gently rubbing me and her foot getting warm.

The rest of my life.

She didn't talk to me ever again - why should she?  I don't think she knew I was once human.  She wore me 3 to 5 days a week and she worked alot.  She did lose 50 pounds - I couldn't tell since the change was so gradual.  My real life was over - the day of my 7th year anniversary came and I felt this 'seal' pop in me.  Like I was cemented in the shoe, never to return.  I silently cried, begged and pleaded with her when she wore me that morning.  It didn't do any good.  I now had many years to get used to her smell, sweat and pounding.

Her days were long, I had lots of footsweat and heat to contend with.  Her stocking covered feet stayed warm in me.  It was worse in the summertime there in Phoenix.  I had blistering hot pavement on my back when she walked outside.  She did take vacations in the summertime - probably up north someplace to get away from the heat.  But I wouldn't know, I stayed in her closet.

I found out she had been busy working her way up the cooperate ladder - several promotions and many raises.  I endured all of it.  Nobody knew I was suffering under this redheads size 8 feet.  I knew the spell had protected me since I lasted the full duration of her 30 year career at the bank.  I'm sure she had to wonder how a shoe could last that long.  But she never gave it much thought.  When she retired from the bank, I languished in her closet until she decided to donate me.  Then I would serve another woman for god knows how long.

She did put me in front of a mirror real quickly once, and I did show some wear so the spell must have been wearing out.  She did say she appreciated how well I cushioned her foot and that I lasted all those years.  She cleaned me up, wiped me down with soap and water and let me dry.  Shortly after that she boxed me up with alot of her work things and there I sat for weeks.

I think she forgot about me - it was all dark and dusty smelling now.  It was so sad that it was going to end this way.
Chapter End Notes:
Possible 'alternate' ending to this from Jango Feet.  Got me to thinking about something.