- Text Size +
Chapter Three

Larisa rested her foot on the carpet lifting her toe up off the floor then planting it back onto the carpet. As her foot lifted up higher and higher my ears popped several times, her toe ring was pushing deeply into my chest forcing me against her toe. I could easily smell the lotion I had applied onto her feet just the night before, however I wondered how long that pleasant smell would last.
Everything had motion blur Larisa walked about her room. Shirts, sweaters, shorts, pants, socks, it was all a hazy blur as she walked, My eyes struggled to make out objects, then her foot crashed into the floor pushing my body against one of her t-shirts. I could smell the feint hint of sweat as the weight of Larisa pushed me deeper and deeper into the floor,
“Oh there they are.” Her voice sounded about normal at this point as being under her foot muffled her voice a bit so it sounded more natural, however this time as her foot was pulled off the ground I found myself looking down into a shoe. I was screaming for her stop but I began to move towards her shoe. The number seven which was engraved into the insole of the shoe was getting closer and closer. At first I could only faintly see it but now it was getting larger and larger by the second. It was then I was encased by total darkness. The smell of old sweat was propagating out from everywhere around me. I knew I was in for a long day as this was a leather doc martin and an old one at that, so with her foot bare she would be sweating much more.
My face was planted against the dark insole of the shoe. The putrid odors of her shoe were being forced up my nostrils as I felt vertigo as she lifted her foot up. I continued to scream as my limbs were now pinned against my side by the weight of her foot pressing me against the insole. As she rose her foot up she stretched her toes out rubbing them up against the roof of the shoe. The rubbing noise of her toes scraping up against the leather was grating at my ears and as she did this flakes of dirt and whatever else might have been in here fell onto the floor of the shoe. As it fell the flakes of dirt, dried sweat and whatever else was in here was just below me looking up at me as I look down at it. Then Larisa starts her down step. She presses her toes firmly against the insole of the shoe grinding my face against its fibers. The fibers shoot up into my nose and mouth. I try to spit them out but they no where to go and with my hands pinned at my sides I am helpless to stop them. The putrid aroma of the fibers is horrendous and since they are in my nose there is no escape from the stench. My nose is forced to smell the horrific stench of this shoe, my tongue forced to taste the insole fibers which are rammed into my mouth by her down step. I gag again and again hoping that somehow it will all go away but I know that’s just not possible, then to make matters worse as now her total weight bores down on me I am pushed to the point where there is no where left to push me. I am lying flatly against the insole and her toe starts to fall around me, Larisa’s toe flesh encompasses my body like a tomb pressing my chest harder and harder against her toe ring. The air escaping my lungs while the stench of her old crusty sweat is forced up my nose, her feet which are already starting to sweat drip down my body. I long to cry out but her foot has me silenced. I can only watch as thousands upon thousands of sweat molecules drip off her foot forming a huge drop sweat droplet around me who is laying vertically in the center of her toe ring. Larisa’s foot begins to lift upward and her toes stretch out scraping the top of her shoe once again. The dirt and grime rains down into the sweat droplet and at the peak of her foots ascent the droplet drips off the toe ring like two droplets of water running across your palm which meet at your finger. The droplets collide forming one droplet that pushes its way over your finger tip first just the tip of it is off the edge then as more and more of it is pushed over the edge the bottom gets bigger and bigger turning into a water droplet shape and then falling splattering on the floor but in this case its Larsia’s sweat and I can only watch it fall a few feet to the floor of the insole. Then her foot begins to descend and my face is forced into the spot where the sweat droplet just landed. My face buried in the damp insole.
This happens again and again as she walks down the hall of her dorm building. The constant beating and crashing my body takes is driving me insane along with the constant BOOM, BOOM, BOOM of her steps. The booming echoing in my ears, rattling my ear drums. I try to scream but that only allows more of the now damp insole fibers into my mouth. My own tears begin to drip down my face falling onto the insole which only leads to increase the horrid stench but I can no longer hold them back.
The pounding seems to have been going on for hours but as I feel Larisa stop and stand in place then move all the weight off of me I realize she must have arrived at class. I can hear the booming voices of her peers all unaware of my presence. I can feel Larisa cross her legs and I soon realize that I am attached to the top leg because she begins to swing her leg back and forth, from front to back, back to front again and again.
As class starts my stomach turns again and again. I have to fight with myself to keep from throwing up as I know since it will have no where to go I will end up choking on it and then dying painfully suffocating in my own bile. Larisa’s foot stops swinging and she mashes it into the floor as a commanding voice fills the room. I can her everyone start to take notes and Larisa begins to scratch the toe I am on against the insole. The tip of her toe scraps against the insole and I can watch the sweat bubble up from the insole. The scratching begins to drive me batty as I am forced to listen to this guys voice while watching her foot scrap against the floor of her shoe all the while, her sweat is dripping across my body dropping onto the floor the shoe while my own sweat is getting into my eyes and causing my skin to itch. My entire body feels crusty and dirty.
Movement in her shoe then stops. Everything is still and motionless. The teacher’s voice has stopped, I can only hear the low murmur of distant voices. I wonder what is going but the silence is bothering me even more then my curiosity of what’s going on. The silence grates at my ears, it burrows into my head. The utter silence begins to drive me insane. I try to kick or punch at anything but arms are still pinned and my legs have no room to move, with my face resting against the very top of the insole my voices is muffled by her shoe and her foot I am helpless to do anything.
It feels like hours have gone by and then her next toe over from where I am begins to twirl toe ring on her foot. I realize now that Larisa isn’t even thinking about me, she begins to fidget with her foot as class drags on. The friction of the toe ring against my skin begins to rub my own skin away. I beg for her to stop but I know she can’t hear me and to make matters worse every now and then her toe will slam up against me, but what is most annoying of all is the fidgeting. She will move her foot a few inches this way a few inches that way, slide her feet across the floor, Motion sickness begins to set in when she begins to tap her foot. The tapping drowns out everything else so it’s all I can hear until.

“Class dismissed” rings through the room. A slamming of books, a scuffling of notes and zipping of back packs then Larisa’s full weight bears down on me. This is how the next several hours go. Unfortunately for me I find out that Larisa has all her classes back to back to back. Leaving every other day free during the week so I am left to wonder what she will do with me tomorrow as she has no class at all but then I begin to wonder if I will make it that far?
The pounding has finally stopped and I heard the familiar squeak of bed springs and then cool air at my body as Larisa looks down at me.
“Wow, it’s a bit ripe in there” She pulls off her toe ring and I drop to the palm of her hand. She smiles down at me as I lie on her warm palm to beaten to move, I notice right away how odd her hand feels when I am this small. I can see all the pores spread across her hand and it no longer feels flat I can feel all the ridges causing me to lay un evenly. The face of Larisa looks so far away that I can barely see it.
“You look a bit too tired for go to work with me tonight, but don’t worry, you can rest in your home while I am at work” I plead for not to put me back in the nylon. She begins to walk towards the nylon though. I can feel it in my bones but then she stops.
“I can hardly hear you but I assume you don’t want to go into these nylons. I will tell you what, just because I know you had a rough day I wont put you in my nylons. You can go in sketchers!” Laughs Larisa as she drops me into her sketchers.
I notice right away that these are much newer shoes and cared for more then her last. The smell is still bad but not quite as bad. I look up at her smile as I see her shoe lace hanging down. I realize once she leaves I will be able to escape. It was then I feel myself getting smaller and smaller. She yells down that she can’t have me getting away so precautions must be taken. I look around horrified as I realize I am the same height as the strands of fibers on her insole. A few moments later everything is quiet as I hear the door close and lock.
Larisa scurried down the hall towards her car, glancing down at her watch periodically hoping she wasn’t going to be late. Under her breath she kept cursing that sniveling little worm but the thought of him trapped in her shoe was gratifying. Knowing that she had that kind of power made her stress evaporate as she reached her car.
As Larisa arrived at work she immediately heard about Greg’s disappearance. At first she wasn’t quite sure what to do but she flashed a worried glare then proceeded to ask questions that she already knew that they had no answers for her questions. She was the only one with the answers. Larisa turned away and asked the customer for his order happily knowing what was about to come tonight.