- Text Size +

A very loud rumble echoed through Sarah’s top and into tiny, little Joseph’s ears. He could feel the slight vibrations as Sarah’s stomach went to work on her breakfast, something Sarah didn’t even notice. Clinging desperately to her blouse, Joseph slowly climbed horizontally towards Sarah’s hips.
Sarah’s arm would occasionally come into contact with her side. This simple action made Joseph’s next step a frightening one to make. He knew the only way up, was to go around and climb up Sarah’s back.
At this point, Sarah was washing some dishes at the sink. Her arm was well out of Joseph’s path. For fear of losing this opportunity, Joseph shimmied across Sarah’s top with new vigor. He made it to her backside long before she finished cleaning her dishes.
Joseph felt very uneasy. The nauseating height was making his hands sweat. Every movement of Sarah caused him to stop climbing and tightly cling to the fabric. Several times he felt like he was on the verge of passing out.
Looking up, he noted Sarah’s brown hair falling down her neck and onto her back. If he could just make it into the mass of brunette ropes, he’d have a sort of safety net.
The journey up Sarah’s back was long and grueling. Her back naturally arched out the farther towards her shoulders he got. The change in gradient was subtle, but greatly increased the difficulty in climbing. Joseph was no expert climber. He had no idea what he was doing. At this point, it was merely a fight for survival as he forced himself to swallow his fear and put one hand over the other.
Finally, the first tendrils of Sarah’s hair came into contact with Jo’s face. They smelled of some kind of tropical fruit. It was enticing and relaxing.
The farther up Jo climbed, the thicker Sarah’s hair got until Jo completely lost sight of the ground far below him. He knew that if he happened to lose his grip and tumble downward, there were plenty of vine-like strands of hair that would entangle him and slow his descent.
Suddenly, the slope began to even out until Joseph made his first step out of the forest of Sarah’s hair and onto her left shoulder. He quickly fell to his knees and tightly clutched the cloth once more.
The height he stood at was astounding and terrifying.
A sound emanated from the body he stood on. It was a slow, gurgling sound. Joseph looked just in time to notice Sarah’s throat slightly bob up and down as she casually swallowed. Looking farther up, Joseph could only see the outline of her chin and a flaring nostril. Her soft skin complexion was vibrant in the morning sunlight. Joseph couldn’t help but admire her from his position.
Sarah briskly walked into the living room and up the stairs. Rachel must have gotten up while Joseph was climbing because she was no longer sleeping on the couch.
Joseph held tight as Sarah made her way up the stairs. Each step upward was a jolt of G-force preventing Joseph from standing up. He began to grow a little nervous, fearful that Sarah’s next action might knock him off his perch.
“Hey!” He yelled desperately in an attempt to get her attention. Sarah didn’t flinch.
“Hey! Sarah! Stop! Look at me!” He screamed at the top of her lungs, but she didn’t notice him.
At the stop of the stairs, she took a quick look at the bathroom door. Someone was inside taking a shower. She then walked into her own room and closed the door.
Once inside she approached her bed and lightly tossed her onto it. Joseph was flung from his hard earned vantage point and into space. He could only scream as his vision blurred and he lost sense of where he was going.
He landed softly on a large, fluffy pillow, followed quickly after by a mass of hair and darkness. Joseph was still screaming as Sarah settled into her bed on her back. He was afraid she might roll over and crush him. But he made his way out of the tangle of her hair.
Shaking his head slightly and patting himself down in an attempt to make sure he was still in one piece, he looked over at Sarah, who had her eyes closed and her hands together on her stomach.
“Okay, that’s it. I gotta get her attention now before she fucking kills me.” Joseph mumbled to himself.
Trooping his way through her hair, which now lay strewn every where, he approached her ear, which was now right in front of him. Sarah’s ear canal was like a giant, flesh colored cave. Joseph could have crawled inside if he had wanted to.
Taking a deep breath he bellowed as loudly as he could, “SARAH! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!?!”
He waited a second and prepared to retreat in case she turned suddenly. However, Sarah didn’t move at all.
Completely dumbfounded, Joseph angrily yelled incoherently into Sarah’s ear. Again, she didn’t even flinch.
“What the hell is going on? How could she possibly not hear me? I know I’m small, but damn it, I should at least sound like a bug in her ear!”
Frustrated and angry, Joseph began scaling Sarah’s hair, making his way to her forehead. Once there, he tramped across the bridge of her nose. Her eyes were closed, so she wouldn’t see him. Though, he was beginning to doubt she’d even see him.
He stamped his feet as hard as he could all the way to the tip of her nose. Laying on her back, he was standing on her face, staring at the pores in her nose, the lines on her soft lips and the color in her cheeks. Here he was, standing on her nose, and she didn’t know he was here?
“WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!?!?”
He whipped around angrily, about to jump up and down on the tip of her nose, when he noticed her eyes flicker open and stare at the ceiling. At this proximity, her eyes were like pools of blue. They seemed to ripple with every slow blink. Joseph was utterly captivated by them. Once again, he found himself forgetting what he was doing and admiring Sarah. Even at this size, with so much at stake.
That’s when she started to yawn.
Joseph lost his balance as Sarah’s head lightly tipped back into the cushion of the pillow. He fell head over heels off the tip of her nose, coming to a stop just on her upper lip and before her wide open mouth. Joseph caught a glimpse of Sarah’s tongue and teeth, milky strands of saliva reaching from the bottom to the top of her mouth. Small bubbles of saliva glistened in the dim light. Then, as quickly as her lips had parted, they closed, marking the end of Sarah’s yawn.
“Jesus…” Joseph simply muttered to himself. Unable to process everything, it all hit him at once. “So many ways she could kill me.”
Sarah’s eyes darted to her door as the sound of water running through the pipes in the walls abruptly stopped. Joseph barely had any time to react as Sarah sat up suddenly. Jo’s tiny body slid down and over the soft upper lip, coming to a halt in between the pair. His tiny body gently stuck to the right side of Sarah’s bottom lip.
Joseph was not happy about his new location, but at this point, Sarah was walking out her room. A few moments later, Rachel walked out of the bathroom.
Rachel smiled at Sarah and said, “All yours, doll!”
Joseph felt Sarah’s lips curl into a fake smile before the sound of Sarah’s voice was ringing through his ears. “Thanks, Rachel!”
Rachel just smiled back and was about to walk away when her eyes locked with Joseph’s. There was a brief moment of confusion and then hope as Rachel stopped Sarah and said, “Hey… uh…. You… uh, got some breakfast left over on your lip.”
Joseph’s heart sank as he heard the words “breakfast” come out of Rachel’s mouth. Sarah’s lips parted and her monstrous, pink tongue slithered out on the other side of her mouth.  Joseph watched in horror as the slimy organ wiped across Sarah’s top lip. Joseph could feel the heat from Sarah’s breath. As her tongue slid just above Jo, it barely missed the tiny speck on her bottom lip before receding back into its cave.
“Did I get it?” Sarah asked, slightly annoyed.
Rachel was looking at Joseph still clinging to Sarah’s lip. She seemed a little horrified and her voice was nervous and shaky. “No, you uh… here, lemme get it.”
In a flash, Rachel’s index finger and thumb gently pinched Joseph and pulled him away from Sarah’s hungry lips. Joseph yelled a victorious, “hoorah!”
“There we go.” Rachel said then quickly walked away into her room. Carefully cradling the object in her cupped hands.
The next thing Joseph knew, Rachel’s face was hovering just above him as he sat in the palm of her hands.
“You can see me?” he asked timidly, half expecting no response.
But a response he received, “You bet your ass I can see you.”