- Text Size +

I quickly realized that if Brittany was ready to kill me after some wine and a shot or two, when she came back from presumably the party that she and Nicole were going to she would probably just pluck me out of the cage and eat me as a late night snack. Furthermore, a drunken Nicole was probably not going to stop her, hell a drunken Nicole might take her new found liking of me a little too far in the opposite direction, and I didn't envision being used a human dildo as a good existence either.

After a few moments I began trying to climb the cage walls. The hardest part was that the roof where the latch was slanted inwards, making the side of the cage a pentagon. I tried to get comfortable as I clung to the slanted side of the cage, trying not to look down at the relative fifteen foot drop that was certainly not enough to kill me but would definitely hurt like hell. I began to fiddle with the latch, luckily it was a pretty simple bolt system the kind of locks you'd see on bathroom stalls. While a latch like this would even keep the most escape bent rodent from breaking loose it was really no match for a thinking creature with hands.

The latch came undone after about ten minutes of fiddling, and then I descended back to the vertical wall of the cage. I pushed with all my might while half starting to climb upward and finally the cage door reached the tipping point before falling forward with an ear-deafening crash. Or well, ear-deafening to anything at my size to a regular person it was probably nothing. I lowered myself to the cage floor as I rested and tried to better think out the rest of my escape attempt. It was getting closer to the middle of the night than the start with each passing moment, meaning very few people in Nicole's house would be heading out, and even if they did, how would I be able to get somewhere where I could be unshrunk, or someone who would know what to do? Hell I began to wonder, at my size even if Nicole had a cat my escape attempt could meet a horrible end.

Still I thought, if I was killed by a house cat at least I knew that that was a fate that was the result of my choice and not the whim of a girl a year younger than me. While a rational part of me wanted to prevent myself from entering on a terrible risk-filled course of action for no other purpose than up as some sort of sacrifice to free will, the part of me that took a minor in philosophy surged upward relishing at the chance to prove a determinist professor wrong. As I swung over the other side of the cage and descended to the floor of Nicole's closet, I pushed aside all of the reading for my Fatalism course this past semester from my brain and set out toward the light that was the somewhat ajar door to Nicole's closet.

I crept through the darkness, using my hand to guide myself around the gargantuan shoes that Nicole left littering the floor of her closet until finally I came to the door. Gliding along the door carefully, my hand always touching the cheap wood of it, I made it to the opening in what I felt was record time. As I approached it I slowed down, pausing to take a look out into Nicole's room. The door was wide open which brought a smile to my lips, Nicole had always struck me as the type who might try to hide things from her parents but apparently she had either given up by this point in her life or had merely forgotten to close it. I then crept out before bolting toward the door when I realized there was no unknown sentry poised to pounce upon me. As I ran across the floor though I slowly began to appreciate the gap between my current size and how tall I once was. My run quickly turned to a jog before becoming a walk with the occasional pause to catch my breath.

Nicole's room was positively massive. I realized now, that after who knew how long of running, jogging, and walking, I was standing now in roughly the same place I had stood when Nicole had made me begin climbing her boots. It had taken Nicole three or four steps to reach her bed which as I stared toward it was nothing more than a massive structure in the distance. I once more set out on the long trek toward the door and it was as I approached it that I felt a feeling I was quickly coming all too familiar with, the even measured thunder of a giant's foot falls.

The thunderous booms became closer and closer together, and were soon accompanied by minor but still distant quakes. As I looked around though I realized I was standing in the center of Nicole's light pink carpet with no cover in sight. Of all times to be shrunk, I pondered, why shortly after Nicole had moved back into her room. Why, I wanted to scream, why not at least after a few days when there might be some dirty laundry to crawl under, a boot tossed drunkenly from her foot after a night of partying, why instead on the day when her floor was most likely to be clean.

Suddenly a massive form filled the doorway, and I stared up at it. It was another girl this one wearing long black slacks and some sort of dark red polo shirt. I couldn't make out her face as she very quickly came thundering into the room, her bare feet crashing down across the carpet crushing the fibers like a thresher against wheat. I breathed a sigh of relief as the giantess stepped clear over me, all the while muttering to herself, “Not even back two days and she's already swiping my stuff, little bitch.”

The giantess flung back the closet door, and squatted down before digging through various pairs of shoes before pulling out a pair of fashionable black sneakers. The giantess then sat down on Nicole's bed, while she said, “I don't even know what she needs them for, she always wears boots this time of year anyway.” As the giantess pulled a pair of socks from her pocket and tugged them on I finally caught a glimpse of her face. It was like Nicole's except somewhat longer, and the eyes were a deep blue, and the hair a honey-gold. Somewhere in the recesses of my mind I realized it wasn't mere familial resemblance that I recognized but the girl herself. This was Nicole's sister Alyssa, and she was my age. But most importantly, she was pissed off with Nicole for stealing her things.

I smiled, turning my head to the sky that was composed of Nicole's ceiling and thanked whatever deity was watching over me for blessing me with a scorned older sister. If there was any chance someone in this house would help me, it was someone who was scorned by the person currently holding me captive. I rushed forward as Alyssa still muttering to herself tugged on her black sneakers, casually licking her thumb as she rubbed out a scuff mark. I stood a good distance away from her earthquake inducing feet as I began to jump up and down and shout at the top of my lungs, “Alyssa, Alyssa, down here!”

I kept shouting as she looked about before finally turning her eyes to the ground. Her head cocked to the side, and then she suddenly bent down toward me, “What the fuck?”

“Alyssa, you have to help me!” I shouted, once more jumping up and down.

Alyssa then stood up off the bed before landing on her knees in a massive boom that kicked up enough wind to send me a couple of yards away. When I landed though Alyssa's face was looming way above my head and she finally said breathlessly, “What the fuck are you?”

“Hey,” I shouted, slowly coming to my feet, “This is going to sound really weird but uh, we went to high school together and...”

Slowly Alyssa's hand came down and grasped my body, “I know you,” she said as she lifted me up toward her face and began to sit up straight, “You come into the diner when I work the night shift.” I smiled, slowly as memories started to come back of Alyssa nearly always being my waitress at the only decent late-night diner in town. My high school friends and I would always wander in late after nights of gaming or movies or partying, whatever it was somehow we ended up there. Also, for the first time in my life I thanked myself for always tipping well. Alyssa smiled down at me, “What the hell are you doing here?”

“Your sister's friend, Brittany, shrank me down, and now Nicole was keeping me locked up in that cage,” I explained, “Please you got to help me, Alyssa.”

The giantess turned her head toward Nicole's closet, “I always wondered what that cage was for.” She then turned her attention toward me, “And of course I'll help you but I have to go to work right now.”

“What?!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. Was she really going to go to work when I clearly needed to be brought to some sort of emergency room as quickly as possible.

“What?” Alyssa said, “I'm not going to leave you here. I'll take you with me, then after my shift, and a nap I'll take you to the hospital or whatever.”

“But, Alyssa,” I started but she merely closed her hand around me as she stood up, stuffing me into the pocket of her half-apron.

“No buts right now, little guy,” Alyssa said as she began to walk and the half-apron began to sway with her steps, “I'm calling the shots right now, and I'm practically late for work already. I'll talk to you when I'm on break, alright.” I gulped suddenly starting to wonder if divine providence wasn't all it was cracked up to be.