- Text Size +

The next several hours began to pass in a haze as Alyssa worked. I could hear her take orders and deliver food to all of the hungry and gigantic people that were coming in. I began to wonder just how huge the plates of food were when I slowly realized that I hadn't eaten all night, not since a quick rest stop sandwich on the ride up. As I lay there in Alyssa's pocket contemplating just how little time had passed since Brittany had shrunk me I shuddered. It had begun to feel like I had always been this size but in reality it had been just a few hours.

Suddenly I felt the chill of the outdoors as Alyssa stepped outside. Was her shift over already, I began to wonder but then I felt her body lean up against something and then a pack of cigarettes was dropped unceremoniously into the pocket I was sitting in followed quickly by a lighter. I then heard Alyssa murmur, “Fuck,” under her breath, “Please don't be hurt,” she muttered as her hand dove in and yanked me out of her pocket. She lifted me up toward her face, in front of her lit cigarette before smiling, she took a drag blew out the smoke directly into my face before saying, “Oh thank god.”

While I was grateful for her concern, I was currently bursting into a coughing fit as the cigarette smoke wafted over me covering me in a hazy cloud of noxious gas. “Sorry, little guy,” Alyssa said as she took another drag this time making the effort to blow the smoke up into the air away from me, “It was just habit, I promise.”

I coughed a little bit more before finally saying, “No, it's alright. You got me out of there which is all that matters.”

Alyssa frowned down at me, “Is it that terrible?” I stared up at her surprised by the question, “What?” She retorted evidently able to see the look of surprise on my small face, “Don't try to tell me that you don't like being held in the hand of a hot girl like me.”

I gulped, trying to think of a way to maneuver around this statement without insulting the girl who now literally held my fate in her hands. Finally, I settled for the truth, “It's not being held by girls like you that bothers me, it's that Brittany is going to eat me.”

Alyssa giggled at this causing me to cover my ears somewhat as each giggle was like a cannon exploding. “Really?” Alyssa asked, “That's just so fucking ridiculous. She shrunk a guy down just to eat him?” Alyssa then paused as she looked down at me, “What does my sister do with shrunken guys?”

I paused before explaining, “She likes to crush them in her shoes.”

“Gross,” Alyssa retorted, “Isn't that like a bitch to clean up?”

“I don't know,” I responded as I stared up at her giant face.

However as I looked up at her smoking I began to realize that she was no longer talking to me, merely contemplating these strange scenarios of eating and crushing shrunken men. Alyssa then smiled down at me as she asked, “And what should I do with a shrunken guy?”

I began to shake with sudden fear as I stuttered out, “H-h-he-help him?”

“Maybe,” Alyssa casually spoke, “I mean I'll help the little guy out eventually. But helping someone get unshrunk well that's a pretty big favor. Maybe one that requires some payment up front?” Alyssa asked as she began to lower me into her pocket, “Don't worry little guy I think I know just the way you can help me out.”

I began to panic as Alyssa placed me within her pocket, and then returned to work. What horrors lay in store for me I suddenly wondered, what payment was she planning on extracting. Still despite this fear the lulling sensation of her apron swaying back and forth rocked me to a nervous sleep.