- Text Size +

The next morning Amanda woke me up by shaking so much. Since I never moved her feet from my lap she was practiacally kicking me. I tried to wake her up but I couldn't seem to do it. She was a very heavy sleeper and unfortunatly I couldn't grow to a giant size to shake her awake. I decided to go in the kitchen and get a glass of water to throw on her. Throwing the water on her did the trick, and I prepared myself for her to be mad at me for it but instead she thanked me. "I was having a nightmare." She said.

"Well what was it about?" I asked.

"I don't really know, it was very cloudy. All I really am sure of is that I was scared and I was with you." She said.

"Is that all you remember?" I asked.

"Not really, we were really young and you were in your wolf form and we were running from something. At least you were, I didn't really know what was happening so I was just following you." she said.

I thought about it and remembered the dream that I had two nights ago. It sounded somewhat like it, but maybe it was just a coincidence. "Strange, I had a similar dream two nights ago." I said.

"What happened in yours?" She asked, sitting up straight on the couch.

"It was just as cloudy as yours, maybe even more, I didn't know what was going on at all. All I could remember was that I was wolf like and we were both young." I said.

"You think it means something?" she asked.

"Nah it was just a coincidence." I said.

"By the way, today is monday and although you woke me up pretty early if you just stand there you aren't going to make it on time." She said.

She was right, but I didn't feel like going anywhere now eventhough I knew I had to. "I don't wanna go anywhere yet." I said.

"Well if you were homeschooled you could sleep in later." She said.

"Then why do you wake up so early?" I asked.

"Not sure, I just do." She said.

"You know, even if I was able to sleep in you'd probably end up wake me up." I said.

"Yeah, you're right." She said.

I walked to the back door and opened it to go to the shed. When I walked in there I halh expected Amanda to be either be sitting at the desk or be on her bed giant sized. I was so used to her being big that it was strange not seeing her like that. While I was climbing the stairs I missed Amanda being big because she picked me up instead of me having to climb stairs. I got to the top and picked out new clothes for the day then walked into the shower. Eventually I heard banging on the door to the bathroom.


"You're going to be late!" I heard Amanda shout.


I rushed out of the bathroom after drying up and putting new clothes on. "Really? I woke up earlier though." I said to the giant Amanda on her bed.


"That doesn't help when you take an hour long shower." She said.


"Wow, I was in there for an hour?" I asked.


"Yeah, and you would've stayed there longer if I hadn't called you to get out." She said.


"Well thank you then." I said. "Hey can you put me on the ground?"


"Can't you just jump down? You were able to fall pretty far before." She said.


"No, I can't take much anymore remember?" I said.


"Fine then." She said picking me up off the night table and putting me on the ground. Then turned so her feet were on the floor on either side or me.


"What are you doing?" I asked.


"Nothing." She said lifting her foot over me.


"Amanda you aren't going to step on me are you? Remember I'm not as strong as I was before." I said, getting a little worried. Amanda just lowered her foot on me. I thought, maybe she didn't hear me, so I ran from her only to run into her other foot. I fell back and Amanda's foot pinned me down. Knowing she wouldn't intentionally hurt me moved a bit so that my head was positioned between her toes so I could see her. "Amanda what are you doing?" I asked.


"I thought you might like this." She said.


"What? Amanda, I don't have time for this I'm going to be late if you don't let me up!" I shouted to her.


"Say please." She said in a rather annoying tone.


"Fine, please let me up." I said, getting a little angry.


"See now was that so hard?" She asked.


I ignored her and walked out of the shed to the house picking up my schoolbag on the way. I really didn't know why I carried that bag with me, its not like I actually do any of the homework they give, i just keep my grades up with tests and other classwork. While I was walking I heard the shed's door close and Amanda walked out. She asked, "Hey you aren't mad at me or anything right? I was only playing around." 


"Yeah I know, and no I'm not mad at you." I said.


"So then you did like it?" She asked.


"I didn't say that, and why are you so bent on getting me to say that I like your feet?" I asked.


"I don't know, but I know you do and I want you to say it, but you still aren't mad right?" She asked.


"No, I'm not." I said.


"Ok, that's good. Besides I took a shower before I did that so you wouldn't smell like my feet all day." She said.


"I noticed that when my head was between your toes and I didn't smell anything. Then again, ever since I lost my better sense of smell my nose seems dead." I said.


"Well you know you can always get it back." She said.


"I have to go now." I said grabbing a pop-tart out of the pantry for the way.


"Alright then, I'll see you later. By the way, you should bring that friend of yours back here." she said.


I left without eating at home for two reasons, first one was that I would probably be late if I stayed there any longer and two was that I did not want to get her all upset because I didn't want to change back to my other form. I'd like to for some reasons, but I'm not able to deal with the negative feelings that come with it. I was lost in thought so it took a while for me to notice that John had been calling me. "Oh, hi." I said to him.


"Why you eating breakfast now? You wake up late?" He asked.


"No, I woke up pretty early, but I took too long of a shower and Amanda kept bothering me about something." I said.


"What did she want?" He asked.


I thought about what to say, I didn't want him to know anything about what Amanda said so I just said, "Nothing really just something stupid."


"Oh, alright. Well anyway what did you do this weekend?" He asked. Thinking of everything that happened in the past two days I wouldnt've known where to start, but that was only if I wanted to tell him. I didn't want anyone knowing about me being able to change forms, not even my own parents at first. I thought it was a little funny, I used to tell this guy anything he wanted to know, but as soon as the secrets were about me it was top secret, I just hoped that Amanda wasn't as much of an open book as I was with other people's secrets. She knows I'm not a good liar and that makes me difficult to keep a secret when someone asks about it, and yet she still tells me things and I suppose that is just because I'm her brother and she needs someone she can talk to. Even If that someone was so quick to give up a secret. Maybe now that I was trying to keep secrets about myself I would learn to keep them. "Um Anthony? You still there?" He asked.


"What? Oh, what were you asking?" I asked.


"I asked you what you did this weekend." He said.


"Nothing really too interesting, just the usual." I said.


"Same here." He said.


At this point we were right in front of the school so we said bye and went to our classes. When I got to my class I sat down like usual and did the work we were given. Although for some reason that I didn't really understand I kept thinking about the dreams that I had the previous nights. I spent the time I usually spent sleeping in class thinking about this. By lunch time I was getting a little tired of it, but there wasn't anything I could do about it. Just could not shake it out of my head completely. It wasn't a total bother though, because I remembered something about it that I didn't remember before. When I walking to the house, I remember having some sort of bag with me, a bag that I'd never seen before. At this time school was over and I was walking out of the building towards my house, I was already halfway there when I realized that I didn't wait for John. I sat down by a tree and waited for him to come by. When I saw him come by I said, "Hey, sorry I didn't wait for you back there."


"It's alright." He said.


"So, are you coming over today?" I asked getting up.

 

"Sure." He said. When we got to the house, I opened the door and put my bag down. I saw that the tv was on but when we went to check no one was there. I turned it off and we walked to the shed. As soon as we both got in Amanda picked us up. With one of us in either hand she waslked over to her desk and put us down there.

 

"Some hello." I said.

 

"Next time can we have a warning?" John asked. He was probab;y getting used to Amanda picking him up because he didn't seem scared like he used to get.

 

"Sorry, I just wanted to ask you two if you wanted to play a game." Amanda said.

 

I knew what she wanted to do, but before I could say anything John asked, "Sure what is it?".

 

"I'll give you guys about five minutes to get ready, Anthony can explain the game to you." She said picking us back up and placing us on the ground at he feet.

 

"So whats this game she wants to play?" John asked me.

 

"You ever hear of the expression playing cat and mouse?" I asked.

 

"Yeah." He said.

 

"Well thats what this is, and guess who's the cat." I said.

 

He looked up at her and asked, "She isn't really going to eat us if she catches us is she?"

 

"Well I've played this game twice and lost once, but I'm still here." I said.

 

"I don't relly want to play this game..." He said.

 

"Then tell her." I said.

 

He walked up to Amanda's foot and tapped her toe. She looked down and he said, "Hey Amanda, I don't really want to play this game right now." 

 

Amanda just casually said, "Your time is running out." back to him. 

 

"Hey, that's the same thing she said to me when I said I didn't want to play." I said with a smirk on my face.

 

"You knew she'd say that..." He said to me.

 

"Yeah I did, but she is right, time is running out we should hide." I said.

 

"Hide where?" He asked.

 

"Well I usually run under either the desk or bed." I said. 

 

We both ran under the desk and waited for Amanda to do something. While we were waiting John asked, "Hey its obvious that she wins when she catches us, but how do we win?"

 

"Actually, I don't know." I said.

 

"I thought you said you played twice though, lost once and won once." He said.

 

"No, I said that I lost once. Never said I won." I pointed out.

 

"Well what happened?" He asked.

 

"The first game I was doing pretty good but I didn't remember that she could use her tail to knock me down." I said.

 

"And the second?" He asked.

 

"I wasn't feeling too good that day and while I was running from her I passed out. Although I evaded her for a pretty good amount of time." I said.

 

"So we just run until she gets tired of chasing us?" He asked.

 

"Kinda, I usually aim for the door but she expects that and it makes it easier for her to get me when I try for it." I said.

 

Then we saw Amanda's feet move and she said, "Oh and before I forget," as she got up and put both of her giant sized boots in front of the door. "That's so you guys don't try and escape. By the way you two have another minute before we start."

 

"Well now we just have to evade her." I said.

 

"Whats the best way to do that?" John asked me.

 

"The best thing I ever did was climb up to where my bed is and wait for her to stand up, then I jumped to her bed and then to the ground." I said.

 

"Um, thats like a 15-20 foot drop. Wouldn't that kill us?" He asked.

 

Then I remembered that the only reason I could do that was because in my wolf form I could fall over twenty five feet and be ok, but now I couldn't fall more than seven or eight feet without getting hurt badly. I didn't want to say anything about that to him so I just said, "Guess I just got lucky, but we probably shouldn't try it." I said.

 

"Well what else did you do?" He asked.

 

"Only other things I can think of is to watch out for her tail and if she tricks you into running into one of her waiting open hands try and jump through her fingers. I managed to pull that off once." I said.

 

"A lot of trouble for a game don't you think?" He asked.

 

"It's kinda fun, and it's good exersise. Plus it's a game you don't want to lose." I said.

 

"I thought you said that she wouldn't eat us if she caught us." He said.

 

"Again, I just pointed out that I played twice. Just do your best to get away." I said.

 

"Alright, i guess." He said. 

 

We heard Amanda say that our time was up and then we saw her hand come in after us. John and I ran out of her hands way, at this point she was only using one hand, so I took the opportunity to run out from under the desk and try to get to the bed. John followed me, but stopped when he saw her other hand coming for him. I went under the bed and eventually John managed to get there too. I was surpried to see that Amanda wasn't just trying to grab us while we were under the bed. After watching her for a minute I knew what she was going to do, and I started to walk to the right. John followed me and asked, "Why are we moving she isn't coming for us yet?" 

 

"She is probably going to try something, but you don't have to follow me if you don't want to you know." I said.

 

"Alright, I'm going to take a quick brake." He said sitting down.

 

Then from behind me I heard, "I can fit down here you know." from Amanda. I looked back and John was running as if his life depended on it from her. I don't think he thought that she would actually eat him, but he did know that it was a possibility.

 

John eventually caught up with me and while breathing hard said, "You didn't say she would do that." and Amanda got out from under the bed.

 

"I did say that she might try something." I said.

 

"Alright, alright we'll stick to you're plan." He said.

 

"Ok here's what we do, we will both run out there but we run in opposite directions around her." I said.

 

"What will that acomplish?" He asked.

 

"Well it could annoy her enough to call off this game or it could get us both caught. Either way we aren't going to get anywhere just sitting here."I said.

 

"Alright, let's try it." He said.

 

We both ran out from under the bed and started running in circles around Amanda. Every now and then we had to avoid her hand coming down and grabbing us but for the most part we were doing pretty good. Amanda was getting a little frustrated and her attempts to grab us were faster. Her probalem was the she was trying to catch two of us at one time, and she didn't realise this until we had been running around her for a while. We were getting slower as we got tireder. Eventually Amanda just stopped trying to catch us and so we both stopped. Right when I thought she'd given up, she snatched me up in her right hand. John just looked up at Amanda but didn't notice that she was reaching for him until she had already caught him in her left hand. "Finnaly got you two." She said holding us bothe in each of her open palms.

 

"You aren't going to eat us now right?" John asked nervously.

 

"Well what do cats normally do when they catch mice?" She asked him.

 

"Set them free?" He replied.

 

"No, but don't worry since this was your first time playing you don't have a penalty for losing. Anthony on the other hand should already know what his penalty will be." She said.

 

I tried to remember what she meant, and then I realized that she must have been talking about the penalty she was going to give me from the last time we played. I didn't want her to say anything about her using me as an insole bacuse she might accedentally say something about me liking her feet in front of John so I said, "Fine, but later."

 

"Alright, in the meantime, why don't we go for a nice walk in the woods?" She asked.

 

"Sure, it'll be relaxing compaired to what we were just doing." John said.

 

"Yea, you're right, lets go." I said. Amanda put us on the ground and shrank herself down to normal height, which ironically was shorter than both of us. "Amanda, you forgot something." I said.

 

"What?" she asked.

 

"Your boots are still big, and they are still blocking the door." I said.

 

"Oh, that could be a problem." She said.

 

"I didn't know that they stayed big when you shrank." John said.

 

"Can't you two move them?" She asked.

 

"We could try, but you're helping us." I said.

 

"Why do I have to? I'm not very strong," She said "At this size at least."

 

"You put them there in the first place, so you are going to try and help alright?" I asked.

 

"Fine, fine." She said.

 

The three of us walked over and started to push the giant boots out of the way. We eventually acomplished it even though they were really heavy. We walked outside and I thought about what Amanda said a while back about pawpads getting harder if you didn't wear shoes and so I asked, "Isn't it going to bother you not wearing shoes?"

 

"Not really." Amanda said. "Why does it bother you me not wearing shoes?"

 

"No, just don't want you to get hurt on glass or something." I said.

 

Then John said, "Amanda, i thought you didn't like going outside."

 

"Normally I don't, but not many people go in the woods, so its alright in there." She said. We walked into the woods following the usual path Amanda and I walked through.

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry that the next chapter is taking so long, I'm having a problem with my computer and I'll add it as soon as I get the opportunity.