- Text Size +

I woke up the next morning and saw that I was no longer on Amanda's paw, but I was under it. Amanda was sitting up and had her paw on top of me I couldn't move much but I was able to wiggle around a little bit as she was only resting her paw on me and she wasn't putting any pressure on me. I started moving around a little more and then I saw her toes move, and she started giggling. "Anthony stop it that tickles." She laughed.

 

"Well then let me up." I said.

 

"Ok," she said. as she lifted her paw and picked me up then put me on her knee. I saw that she had a clipboard and she was drawing something on it on her lap.

 

"Why was I under your paw?" I asked her.

 

"Well I woke up early and didn't want to wake you. So I just got dressed came back and accidentally put my paw on you. I figured you wouldn't mind do I just left it there and started drawing." she said.

 

"Oh, ok. Well what are you drawing?" I asked.

 

"Nothing." she said taking the clipboard and putting it face down on the night table.

 

"How do you draw with a pen?" I asked.

 

"It's more difficult but I don't have any pencils that are this big."  She said. Then I heard a loud noise.

 

"What was that?" I asked.

 

"Sorry that was my stomach, guess I'm hungry." She said.

 

"Why didn't you have breakfast yet?" I asked.

 

"Didn't want to see them." She said.

 

"Them? You mean our parents?" I asked.

 

"Yeah, them." She said.

 

"They are our parents, why are you so uspet with them?" I asked.

 

"They aren't our parents, and I have every right to be upset with them when they kept something important like that from us for thirteen years." She said.

 

"Ok well maybe they aren't our bilogical parents, but they still raised us. And you shouldn't be mad about one lie that they told us." I said to her.

 

"You can go, I wont stop you." She said.

 

"Alright, want me to bring you something?" I asked.

 

"I hear that wolf is good this time of year." she said picking up her clipboard again.

 

"I'll just get some cereal alright?" I asked as I jumped down to the bed and then to the floor. Then I realised that I still had to take a shower and change. I asked Amanda to pick me back up and place me by my bed. She did as I asked and went right back to drawing. I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower. Ever since I started changing forms for some reason I took quicker showers, probably because I knew that it took longer to dry off with fur. After I was done I jumped down to Amanda's bed and to the floor.When I was walking out of the room I noticed the small metal cube on the floor I just left it there because I was hungry. I walked into the house and saw that our parents weren't even there, they had left for work so I went back and called Amanda. She came outside with the bag over her shoulder and the cube in her hand. "Why'd you bring that?" I asked.

 

"You said you wanted to see it so I brought it for you." She said. Putting it on the table.

 

"Well thanks." I said. Amanda went to go get breakfast and so did I. All we had was cereal because neither of us wanted to try to cook anything.

 

When we were done i asked her why she brought the bag and she said, "I wanted to see if your collar fit you too." Then I noticed that Amanda was wearing one of the the collars we found in the bag. Amanda handed me the collar. I looked at it and felt strange.  "Need help?" She asked.

 

"Um, yeah can you put it on me?" I asked her.

 

"Sure." she said. Amanda got up and I gave her the collar. She started to put it on my neck and suddenly I felt like someone was choking me. I freaked out and I pushed Amanda away. She hit the wall and fell down. Then I noticed that she had the collar still in her hand so she couldn't have put it on me tight enough for me to feel like I did. "Why the hell did you do that?" She asked me getting up.

 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to..." I said.

 

"Didn't mean to? You can't accidentally push someone that hard." She said.

 

I didn't really know what to say, I thought that she was choking me but I couldn't tell her that. Or at least I didn't want to because I didn't want her to think I didn't trust her or something. "Amanda it was a mistake, I'm sorry." 

 

"Alright, well just don't do it again." She said rubbing her arm.

 

"Ok, I won't." I said.

 

"Why did you put the collar on anyway? Doesn't a collar usually only go on a pet?" I asked.

 

"I don't know, maybe. But I thought of this more like a necklace." She said.

 

"Huh I guess but I'd ather not wear it." I said.

 

"Is that why you pushed me against the wall?" she asked.

 

"No, that's not it." I said.

 

"Well then why?" She asked.

 

"Never mind it." I said. Then i rememberd the cube that was on the table. I picked it up and it felt just like a weight, a heavy one at that. as I held it in my hand it started to glow green. Amanda looked at is confused and so did I. "Amanda, I thought you said it was just a metal cube." I said.

 

"It didn't glow like that yesterday." she said reaching for it. When she touched it though it turned red and then stopped glowing.

 

"Haha, I don't think it likes you." I said.

 

"Well you know what, I don't really like it anyway." She said.

 

Since we found the cube in the bag I assumed that it had some significance. "What do you think that it is?" I asked.

 

"It could just be a toy." She said.

 

"I don't think that it is, it seems like we are supposed to open it or something." I said.

 

"It's a solid metal cube that glows green and red." She said.

 

"You never know, If it was in the bag I had to have taken it for a reason." I said.

 

"Well you want me to break it open?" She asked.

 

"How are you going to do that if it's solid metal?" I asked.

 

"Well if I was to grow I might be able to do it." She said.

 

"Alright, why not?" I said.

 

We got up to go to the shed and heard the car door close. Amanda got up and started walking towards the door and I picked up the cube and the bag and followed after her. The cube started to glow green again but this time I ignored it and followed Amanda. I told Amanda to slow down so she stopped and waited for me. The cube was glowing really brightly now so both Amanda and I were looking at it. She tried to reach for it again but I wouldn't let her, I didn't want it to turn off again. Amanda saw our parents coming out of the car and they saw us. I was just staring at this glowing cube like an idiot while Amanda was pulling my arm saying, "Lets go, come on."

 

"Huh?" I asked.

 

"Let's go." She said.

 

As she said that I snapped out of my daze and looked back at her. Then the cube that I was holding started to vibrate. Amanda stopped pulling on my arm and looked at the cube again. I was confused and interested at the same time. After a minute it stopped and started to beep a little. The cube then said, "Go" and a green light started to come around us. I started to feel funny but I couldn't move, all I could do was talk. The same seemed to be happening to Amanda as she had a scared look on her face. She looked at our parents who were now running towards us and then she looked at me. "What's going on?"  She asked me loudly.

 

"I have no idea!" I shouted back. Then the light got so bright that neither of us could see anything and we both passed out. The last thing I saw was Amanda and the scared expression on her face.