- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

More nose, mostly.  This topic doesn't get enough attention...so bare with me for now!

Iliana, the stunning brunette, had gone to bed with her head pounding.  In addition to the migraine she was experiencing, she was developing a cold…she could practically feel her nasal cavity expanding with every breath.  Sighing, she tried sniffed a little, trying to breath in through her nose, before turning over and opening her eyes, glancing down at the messy floor of her bedroom…she hadn’t felt well enough to clean up, her clothes were discarded all over the floor…she’d have to take care of it later, for now…she just wanted to snooze.  She closed her eyes, and covered her head with the pillow, trying to ignore the throbbing headache, and the tiny irritation inside her nose, completely ignorant of her tiny admirer, lost inside in nasal cavity.

It was like a whole new world to Steven.   Hardly able to see his hand in front of his face, trying to walk was like wandering through a grass field at night, after a heavy rain, only without the oppressive winds constantly threatening to carry you away in its draft, deeper into the wilderness of the woman’s nose.  Fortunately, the miniscule nose hairs were thick enough that he could grab a hold, using the mucus as temporary adhesive, to avoid becoming further lost in the organic landfill.  However, this strategy didn’t last long.  He wasn’t sure if it was him, or some outside force, but something had caused a further irritation.  A pre-warning earthquake shook Steven to his knees, just before another huge up-draft caused, a soft sniffle from the unaware giant, planet of a woman, would catch him in its current, carrying him further into darkness, deeper into the a world of mucus heat. 

                The ride was not unlike what one would expect from whipping through nasal passages.  During his weightless roller coaster ride, he was constantly attempting to maneuver the winding passages that lead further inside her sinuses, the walls of which were pink, yet somehow, he was still able to make out the intricate system of veins, arteries, and capillaries that distributed blood all through her face.  He was so deep inside her now, that he couldn’t climb out, if he were given the opportunity to.  Just after avoiding a snot-lined wall, the tiny hero felt his pace slowing, until he began to descend, passing into a final cave, with some sort of thick pool of liquid just under him.  More snot, he realized as his lithe body barely made a splash, and he was stuck in a pool of Ileana’s nasal fluid.  He was only glad that he hadn’t ended somewhere else. 

                Fortunately, this cave was less intimidating, and after only a quick few strokes, found himself treading mucus, and standing on the brink of the path that had brought him here.  His eyes were beginning to adjust to the darkness, though he still could hardly see, but staying there was no help...so he began to walk.

                Outside of Ileana’s petite nose, sleep was feeling more and more hopeless, to the point that she had sat up crossed her legs, pitying herself as she tried to find the strength to get out of bed.  Reaching over to the nightstand, she snatched up her saline nasal spray, eyed it carefully, then began to insert it into her nostril, the same that held Steven captive within its maze-like cavities, simultaneously inhaling and spraying the mist into her nose, repeating the action with the other nostril.  After setting the spray back into its place, she lifted a single finger, rubbing her reddening nose a few times, and pondering her plans for the day, since it wouldn’t be spent in bed.

                Steven hadn’t quite made it to the passage way that carried the medicated spray through his host’s warm nose, but he certainly felt the wind pick up and toss his hair about, as he nearly missed it.  Another five yards, and he’d have been careening into her lungs.  Braving the fear of being lost even further, if that was possible, he continued making steps forward, while Iliana reached for her glasses.  They were the cute, thick-framed kind that made her look smarter than she typically gave herself credit for.  As she continued to sit in bed, making out her to-do list, Steven continued forward, hoping that eventually he would see the light of day again.

Chapter End Notes:

Rate and Review equals faster chapters!