- Text Size +

Theresa chewed the man slowly, a small tingle traveling through her body as his bones were reduced to mush by her unyielding teeth. She always made sure to chew before swallowing, to ensure that he wouldn't have made the trip to her stomach alive. It was the one small act of kindness she gave her victims, and this time was no exception as a well chewed lump of flesh and splintered bones traveled down her throat.


 


Closing her eyes, Theresa tapped her fingers against her forehead, heart, and shoulders, whispering a short prayer as she did so.


 


Finishing up, Theresa opened her eyes again, picking up a pen and notepad she had lying on her dresser. She clicked the pen open and turned to an empty page, before scratching out a few quick words.


 


"December 23rd, 1993. Nicholas has failed again." Theresa licked her lips as she wrote that down, and paused to think for a moment. She stared at the notepad, her pen, and back to the small jewelry box she had kept him in, before finding the words she was looking for.


 


"Perhaps next time."


 


Clicking the pen shut. Theresa closed the notepad and laid it back on her dresser, making sure to close the still open drawer in her wooden jewelry case.


 


A great yawn escaped Theresa's lips, and she covered her mouth out of habit, while she looked towards the fish-shaped clock suspended on her wall.


 


"10:30... Father Lenity's service lasted unusually long tonight..." She said to herself as she flipped the room's light switch off and knelt beside her bed to pray before she slept.


 


That night, Theresa dreams.


 


It was a dream she had many times before. Often with minor details changed or switched around. The same basic chain of events always happened though.


 


And, laying in bed that night, Theresa dreams.


 


She saw herself. Her shiny blonde hair tied back into a ponytail, sweat beading on her brow as she cut through a ghastly enemy with a great shining blade. The sword seemed to glow with a golden light, reflecting the metal of the chain mail she wore, and the large red cross emblazoned on her chest.


 


Another enemy lunged at Theresa, it's jaws wide open, hoping to take a bite out of her.


 


Theresa dreams that night, as a small twitch ran through her left arm.


 


Quickly, Theresa turned and slammed her shield into her foes head, knocking it aside, and bringing her other arm forward, she drove her sword into the enemy’s throat. Shadowy blood spewed from its sliced neck and tainted her shield and mail with its inky blackness.


 


All seemed calm again. Her attackers seemed to have stopped approaching, and she was finally allowed a moment to rest as she continued walking through the great hall she was in. As she reached the end of the hall, and its oversized door, she opened it slowly.


 


The vast door creaked as it opened and revealed what it had been hiding to Theresa.


 


As she dreams, Theresa's right hand moved to her chest, clutching the small pendant hung around her neck.


 


Behind the door was an enormous jewel, suspended in midair. It bobbed about slowly and radiated an aura that made Theresa feel uncomfortable. Though she could sense it was dangerous, she approached the jewel, her arm outstretched.


 


The aura grew from merely discomforting to tight, oppressive, and all encompassing as she felt as though she were sticking her arm through a campfire. She wanted to touch the jewel and end the pain, but felt an almost magnetic resistance the closer her arm got.


 


Though her bedroom was cool, Theresa began to sweat as she dreamed.


 


"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!" Theresa shouted in her most authoritative voice and the aura spiked in intensity for a moment, before dissipating almost entirely.


 


Theresa exhaled softly as the negative feelings washed away. She moved her hand closer the jewel and inhaled sharply. She wasn't sure how much longer she could bear the suspense.


 


"AHH!" She screamed in anger and thrust her hand forward, until it came into contact with the jewel, and an unbearably bright flash filled her vision. The ground shook, knocking her off her feet as the sounds of tortured shrieks of pain reached her ears.


 


Still, Theresa dreams, as her body tossed and turned in bed.


 


The sounds of pain began to fade as quickly as they came, while Theresa's vision slowly returned to her. Looking around her, she quickly noticed she was no longer in the mysterious room or hallway she had been in before. The ground was now rocky, and giving off a red glow by the flames flickering about.


 


Sensing the worst, Theresa reached for her sword and shield.


 


Neither was at her side. Or anywhere, for that matter. She gasped sharply as she spun in place, desperate to find her weapons.


 


Theresa's tossing and turning slowed, as a cold sweat began to bead her forehead while she dozed.


 


The parched earth beneath Theresa's feet began to rumble, and she shifted her position to keep her footing. Bits of rock and tiny pebbles bounced as the rumbling ground magnified and seemed to overlap itself, growing steadily stronger with each passing second.


 


Finally, a strong gust of wind combined with the most powerful quake yet sent Theresa flying. After hitting the ground hard, she stood and looked behind her for the source of danger, sorely missing her sword and shield now.


 


"So this is the best that you can do?"


 


Though she was still dreaming, Theresa's body thrashed about in bed violently.


 


Theresa looked up in shock and awe. Towering what must have been hundreds, no, thousands of feet into the sky was a scantily-clad woman. Her tanned skin was given a red glow from the various fires around her, and her long, raven colored hair flowed about gently, despite the complete lack of wind. Her outfit was comprised of nothing more than a few black scraps of cloth crossing diagonally over her generous bust and a pair of tight leather shorts. Completing her look was a complete lack of footwear and a tail tipped like an arrowhead coming out the back of her shorts.


 


While she would have been the object of many men's desires, Theresa merely felt herself shrink back in fear. She had nothing to defend herself with, and the giantess's toes looked big enough to crush her home into oblivion without even noticing.


 


"If only I still had my sword and shield..." Theresa thought. "Then I could at least attempt to fight back..."


 


"Defenseless and weak! You couldn't stand against me even with your God-given weapons." The giantess boomed overhead as the earth shook with her power.


 


"GOD'S POWER WILL TRIUMPH OVER ALL EVIL!" Theresa screamed, and in a furious rage ran for the great wiggling toes that seemed to tease her, almost entice her to abandon all reason and attack.


 


"HA!" The giantess laughed in triumph. "That may be enough to scare off some of my minions, but when you're dealing with the real deal. The real SATAN, you're gonna need a little more than some self confidence!" She mocked and continued to wriggle her toes while watching the pathetic girl attack them.


 


Theresa didn't care. Her hundreds of hours of Sunday school and church had prepared her for a moment like this, and she'd make sure that this giantess paid for using the Lord's name in vain.


 


The Giantess watched from thousands of feet up as the dust mite that called herself a warrior of God attacked her big toe with all the fury of a fruit fly. The attack on her big toe wasn't even felt, and was leagues away from causing her any sort of pain or discomfort.


 


Theresa began to sweat with the effort she was putting forth, and found herself inhaling deeply of the scent of this woman's feet to catch her breath. Still, she felt she would never relent, and pushed herself to continue attacking.


 


The all out assault continued for several minutes before the Giantess yawned and flicked her big toe forward. The merest twitch of her muscles had been enough to send the speck of a girl flying several feet to land on her back.


 


"That's enough." The Giantess said as she bent over to focus on her miniature victim. "I'm afraid that one of "God's Warriors" she said and stopped to spit after saying the phrase. "Will never, ever be enough to take me down, most especially not one as flawed as you."


 


Theresa looked up in fear, wondering what the Giantess meant by what she said, but she wasn't given much time to think on it as the incredible foot, hundreds of feet long was raised into the air. The smooth bottom of the sole was littered with debris, most of which by itself could have crushed Theresa. Out of habit she raised her arms in self defense to stop the debris from pelting her further.


 


"Goodbye." The Giantess snickered and slammed her foot into the ground with incredible force. Deep gashes formed in the ground and snaked out from around her foot. She hadn't felt the pathetic bug squish underneath her foot, but there was no way anything caught was still alive.


 


With that, Theresa's dream ended and she sat up in bed looking like cold water had been dropped on her. Her eyes were wild with fear as she felt her arms and legs to make sure she was still okay and in one piece.


 


Her breathing was ragged, but as she came to accept that she was now conscious and safe again, she found racing heart begin to slow. It took several minutes but pure exhaustion from her dream was eventually to knock her back into sleep.


 


This time, her sleep was dreamless, her mind empty of worry and regret.