- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
X or R rated violence, can't tell which, viewer discretion is advised. A long monologue to start, but then it gets gruesome.
"Kailey, we've never had a good, honest talk before, have we?" Anna asked.
"N-no we haven't..." Kailey responded.
"Well, why don't we have one right now?" Anna suggested.
"All-all right." Kailey replied, slightly scared.
"Okay, let's see...Well, I was born prematurely at 26 weeks and barely lived...I've always been considered the weird kid in school...and...I've never really had any friends. But you wouldn't know what that feels like, now would you?" Anna asked.
"No, I...I guess I wouldn't." Kailey said. Anna gave a wry laugh.
"No, of course you wouldn't. Let me try to describe it for you. Imagine living every day in extreme loneliness. You stand right in front of someone and wave your arms, but...they look right through you. You-you scream at the top of your lungs, but everyone pretends not to hear you. And so, you live every day in near silence, knowing that even if you speak, it won't matter. No one will hear you, acknowledge your presence. You live each day slowly going mad from such little contact, you feel like an alien. You glide through life not knowing what it would be like to have a sleepover or go to your best friend's sweet sixteen party...because you don't have one. You're stuck looking through a one-way mirror. You can hear them and see them, but they don't even know you're there. You're in two different worlds. So close to it, and yet...unable to reach it, to touch it, to grasp it and never let go...Yeah...you wouldn't know what it's like."
"I...I don't know what to say." Kailey said.
"Right. Because you're so pretty and popular, and I'm just a socially awkward geek at the bottom of the ladder, so you just HAVE to make my life worse." Anna replied.
"If-if I would have just KNOWN I wouldn't of-" Kailey protested, but was cut short.
"Don't talk. Just listen. Let's make this clear. You will not escape. Even if I have to kill you. You think everyone loves you? They hate your guts, I've heard what they've said. I'll be doing them a favor by getting rid of you. I want you to know something else. From now on, your place is at and/or under my feet. Guess what? You're not at the top anymore. You two skanks will learn what it's like to hardly have anything and to live your lives in perpetual sadness. And if I have to hurl you against a wall to get it in your head, then so be it."
"I...I'm sorry that we made you feel that way." Kailey whimpered.
"I already told you that the only reason you two are sorry is because your lives are in danger. If I didn't shrink you, you would continue to make me feel terrible without a second thought. Kailey, have you ever passed someone in the hallway and judged them by the way they were dressed, or how they were acting at that particular moment?" Anna asked.
"Y-yes...yes I have..." Kailey responded, crying.
"But you didn't go any deeper than that, did you?"
r "N-no..." Kailey answered.
e "And I suppose that if you saw someone doing something that wasn't the "social norm" then you would label that person a freak, right?"
"Yeah, I would..." Kailey answered truthfully.
"So...if I decided to stoop down to your level, what would your reaction be? Praise? Fear? Contemt?" Anna asked.
"I-I don't know...it-it depends..." Kailey whispered. Anna took Kailey's arm firmly between her fingers. Kailey realized what she was going to do. "Pl-please don't break my arm. I'll admit it! I was an awful, terrible person before! I'll say anything you want! Anything at all! Just don't do it! PLEASE!"
"Okay." Anna replied.
"Promise?" Kailey asked.
"I promise." Anna snapped and fractured Kailey's arm with a quick flick of her wrist, smiling a wide grin as Kailey screamed in pain, clawing to get her broken arm free from Anna's grasp. "Oops." Anna said, mocking Darian from earlier in the day.
"B-but y-you-you promised!" Kailey screamed through sobs.
"I lied." Anna said, removing Kailey's shirt, and still grinning ear to ear. Anna grabbed both of Kailey's arms and pinned them behind her back, forcing Kailey to her knees. Anna picked up a large sewing needle and positioned it over Kailey's left shoulderblade.
"N-no...please...no more...PLEASE!" Kailey begged. She leaned her head back, a mixture of screams and sobs escaping her lips as the sharp metal pierced her shoulder and drove through the flesh and muscle. She grit her teeth against the pain and took deep, uneven, panicky breaths. Anna removed the needle in a twisting and pulling motion before sticking the needle in her mouth, licking it clean of blood. Kailey breathed a sigh of relief. Anna pulled the needle out of her mouth.
"Don't relax yet. We're not done. I'm going to make you cry as much as I have. On the bright side, at least physical pain heals." Anna pulled out a lighter. Kailey's body tensed in anticipation against her will. Anna lit the lighter and stuck the needle into the flame. "Wouldn't want you to get an infection, now would I?" Anna placed the tip of the needle on the middle of Kailey's back, carving a B, then an I, then a T, then a C, and an H, before taking the needle and below those letters carving a S, a L, and a U, finally removing the needle from her captive's body and admiring her handiwork, the word BITCH carved in deep, bloody letters, along with SLU below it. Kailey silently moved her lips, trying to speak, but in too much pain to do so. She watched, her eyes wild with fear, as the lighter was lit anew. She squeezed her eyes shut and found her voice as the flame came into contact with her skin, dancing across her bloodied flesh, and filling the room with a horrible smell. When Anna took the lighter away, Kailey's back was covered in second-degree burns, her cheeks soaked in tears, and her voice hoarse from screaming and begging.
"Well, I'm no doctor, but I think you may want to get that checked out." Anna laughed. Her smile quickly faded. "Put your shirt back on. No matter what, DON'T tell Darian what I did to you."
Kailey nodded her head as her body began to seize. "On second thought, go ahead and tell her. The same's going to happen to her, anyways." Anna picked up Kailey and set her down gently in the box. Darian ran up to Kailey, worried.
"Kailey! Are you okay?!" Darian asked. Kailey dropped to her hands and knees, her face contorted from the pain of her recent injuries. She shook her head "no". "What's wrong? Did she hurt you?!" Darian said. Kailey shook her head "yes" and began to heave. "Where?" Darian asked again. Kailey moaned and used her good hand to point to her back. Darian lifted Kailey's shirt, and upon seeing the cuts and burns, began to cry. "Wait...S L U? What does that mean?" Darian wondered.
"I-I don't-I don't kn-know." Kailey said between gags. Darian cried out in horror as a hand descended towards her and she heard,
"Now it's your turn."