- Text Size +

Chapter 7

Standing upright, the three mile deep ocean water hardly reaching halfway her calves, Marian looked at the corpse of Marcia. It floated in the water now, her eyes wide open in shock and despair.

"You won't take nothing from me, bitch!", Marian said. She saw how Marcia's body started to shrink, her now dead body not able anymore to hold her vast form. As Marcia shrank, a large whirlpool started filling the vacuum in the ocean. Marian saw how little ships were sucked into its centre, spinning like a twister before going down.

Marian took a deep breath. It shouldn't have taken much longer, this fight, because she felt her own energy dwindling rapidly as well. She turned and, using a small compass-like device on the box in the now torn sleeve of her suit, went back to dry land.

Marian went back to the place where she left her ship, caring nothing about squashing whatever might have survived the catfight under her huge, wet feet.
She was slowly shrinking, being only three miles tall as she reached the outskirts of Boston, now flattened and replaced by two 4-mile long imprints of Marcia’s feet. She shrank further, standing in front of her ship, until she was back to her old size of 17 feet.

Paul, Luke and Dennis looked at her with disbelief as she entered. They had seen on the screen what happened, and they were in shock. Marian smiled weakly at them, she was tired. The humans didn't know 30 miles was the maximum height her species could reach, and that only for a brief period of time, and then only if they had stuffed their bodies with sufficient energy in the form of highly nutritious food. Marian had.

Without saying a word, she sat in her seat and pushed a few buttons. A red beam shot from the nose of the ship, making the leftovers of Marcia’s vessel explode. Then, she pushed a few buttons more and the ship took of.

"What are you going to do?", Luke said, seeing the ship ascend.

"I'm leaving. And I'll take you with me. By the gods, that bitch wore me out," Marian sighted.

"Oh, this is GREAT!", Dennis said. "You come here, start to fight, wreck our world and now we have to come with you? Just like that?"

"Don't worry, I'll take care of you," Marian said. Her ship had passed the moon already and was gaining more and more speed. "After all, I'm going to get the job as a driver, and I'll get paid well. I can afford many husbands, but I'll settle with you three."

"You killed hundreds of millions!", Dennis cried. He had heard a government official say nuclear weaponry was about to be deployed, but the fight wasover and Marian back in the ship before a nuke was fired. He had hoped they would have. "You destroyed our home! You wrecked our city! You...you...". He was looking for words to accuse her.

"Marcia is to blame. She has always been jealous of me....But finally she dead now, and I'll be the next driver." Marian looked at the trio, who looked back at her with looks of disbelief. "Come on," she said. "The victims were only humans. Not people."

Marian pushed another button. The stars of outer space became long white stripes, and a small rumble could be felt. "This is warp speed. We are now traveling faster than light...", she explained, indicating the subject "killing millions" was a closed chapter to her now.

And with that, she put her ship on autopilot and showed her (unwilling) guests their quarter. One of the doors revealed a small room with a couple of beds.

"We’ll arrive at Krawalon in about two of your weeks. I'll tell you everything you want to know about your new home in the meantime. And we'll have wonderful sex every day! But now, I need some rest and a shower...". Marian left, leaving the baffled trio behind.  

"Now what are we going to do?" Dennis said. "Earth is wrecked. Our house destroyed, and we are aboard an alien vessel on our way to a world we know nothing off!"

"Terrible, terrible," was all Paul could say. He was shaken from the destruction of the world.

"And that bitch killed more people than all dictators and tyrants together! And she is only interested in getting that damned job!", Dennis cried.

Luke looked out of the window. "She won't hold it for long," he muttered.

"What?" Paul asked, looking up.

"She won't hold it for long," Luke repeated.

"Oh, really? Why?"

"She told us she had no right to enter our world," Luke said, turning around. "She said it was a capital offence. Now, she also revealed her people have a listening post at Alpha Centauri, to receive our radio waves."

"Yes...", Dennis said.

"Well, radio waves travel with light speed. Alpha Centauri is about 4,3 light-years from the Sun. So, in 4,3 years, the news broadcasts from their little catfight will reach the receivers at Alpha Centauri. Her entire empire will be able to see her and this Marcia fighting. On Earth! What do you think the consequences will be for her? She'll surely loose her driver's license, and her life as well!", he concluded.

"Damn! You're right!", Paul said. He hadn't thought of that.

"But how is that going to help us?", Dennis said.

"Easy. We are going to learn as much as possible about this ship and the technology of her people in the coming four years. Their engines and machinery. Their insights in genetics. Their weapon and shield technology. Everything! We are going to store entire encyclopedias with their knowledge in this ship's computer. It has a universal translator aboard, Marian said so herself, so we‘ll be able to read it or learn their language and writing. And when she has to appear before court in about 4,3 years, we hijack her ship and fly back to Earth. With all the knowledge of her civilization! We'll rebuild Earth with it, and...."

Luke grinned.

"...and we will be their leaders! We will have sophisticated weaponry, powerful shields, etc...we can unite the remaining people of Earth under our rule! Isn't that great?"

"Yeah," Dennis said, his face brightening. "Just like in the computer games! But now, it's real!"

"Hey, I hadn't thought of that!", Paul exclaimed. "And I wanted to leave Earth anyway as I said...".

The three laughed. It was a good idea. An excellent idea. And they could have sex every day in the coming four years. Even Dennis started to like that thought now. 

"Let's begin then," Luke finally said. "Now, I always wondered how a warp engine works..."

THE END