- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hooray for Science! (Back to the original perspective)

A few days later, Kierin told me it was time to take care of Kristina and Megan (we had taken her recently). So we went downstairs to the colony (we now had a total of 40 tinies living in it) and Kierin told me to get Kristina and that she was going to get Megan. I watched her step into the outer village of the colony. The few tinies we had seen coming down had disappeared when they saw us and now they were all hidden.

“Listen up Bugs, if I don’t find who I’m looking for. You will all die here. Bring me Megan,” and when she didn’t see any movement she added, “Now.” Immediately I saw some struggle on the far side of the village. Kierin saw it too and began walking in that direction. “Long time no see Megan.” Kierin said cheerily and picked her up. “Unfortunately, I probably won’t be seeing you for a loooooong time after I’m finished with you.” She turned, not paying attention to where her feet landed and crushed one of the tinies that were in the struggle. “Oh that’s right! Next time, obey me immediately.” She said, turning to the other two tinies. She then raised her foot over them and stepped down, but one managed to dive out of the way of her foot and began running. Kierin quickly reached down, grabbed him, and then threw him into the side of one the houses which he bounced off of and lay on the ground. Kierin stepped on him while she was walking away, the tiny stuck to her foot for a few steps before finally falling off, not looking a tiny human at all. “Let’s go Pet.” I make myself her step and we head back upstairs with our tinies.

We headed to the living room where I had set up a glass flask and a way to increase and decrease the pressure inside of it. Kierin drops Megan in the cylinder and takes Kristina from me and says “I want you to watch this, I want you to see your friend die.” She then tapes her to the side of the glass flask so she was forced to look in. Kierin then places the top on the flask and says “Now… time to apply the only thing that I learned in science class.” She presses a button and the pressure starts decreasing. 

As the pressure decreases, Megan begins screaming and curls up into a ball begging for Kierin to stop. I look at Kierin, she had a sadistic grin on her face as she makes the pressure decrease a little faster. All of a sudden, Megan explodes all over the inside of the flask. Kierin laughs and Kristina begins sobbing. Kierin rips the tape off Kristina and says “You know what, I might consider letting you go, IF, you lick the inside of this container clean.” Kierin drops Kristina into the flask, the fall breaks one of her legs. “Your choice bug, eat the remains of your friend or die in their as well.” The doorbell rang. Kierin and I looked at each other, frozen. The doorbell rang again and I got up to answer it.

I open the door and see a police officer standing at the doorstep. “Excuse me sir, but I need to come in and search your house. We have reason to believe you are holding hostages here.” And he walks in. I begin to have a panic attack because if I shrunk him, the whole police force would show up looking for him. I follow him to the living room where we had just killed Megan. Kierin was sitting there reading a book and the flask with its contents were nowhere to be seen.

“Hello Officer. What are you doing here?”

“We have reason to believe you are holding people prisoner in this house.”

“What?” Kierin exclaims, “That’s ridiculous!”

“I’m sorry Ma’am, but with all the disappearances recently, we end up searching any house someone says has them. May I see your basement?” We lead him to the basement and for once, the tinies fear of us worked greatly in our favor for they all stayed hidden when we came down. After complimenting me on recreating the town so perfectly, he apologized for coming in and left.

As soon as his car left our driveway, Kierin said “We have to find out who knows about our colony and take care of them. But back to the fun we were having, come Pet.” We walked back into the living room and Kierin reached under the sofa and pulled everything out and placed back on the table. “Well little bug, I’d say that’s very clean. I can’t believe you would actually eat your friend. How do you like being a cannibal?”

“Please! Just let me go now, you said I had a choice!”

“Did I? Hmmmmm, well as your Goddess,” Kierin says placing the top back on the flask, “I have now taken away your choice and you’re going to die.” Kierin shakes the flask lightly tossing Kristina around inside before placing it down and pressing the button to apply more pressure. As pressure increases inside, so does the intensity of Kristina’s yells. When Kierin heard Kristina’s bones snap, she stopped the increase in pressure. “How does having your entire body broken feel, bug?” she then resumes applying pressure with a satisfied smile. When Kristina stopped screaming, Kierin released the pressure and laughed as Kristina exploded all over the inside of the flask. “Go leave this for the tinies, it shall be their supper and then come back here.”

I rush downstairs and dump the remains of Kristina downstairs and grow it so it’s as big as one of the houses and head back upstairs. “That was quick, good pet. Now come here.”  She was sitting on the couch so I go over and make myself a foot rest because that’s what usually happens. “Not this time pet. You’ve been really good recently so we’re gonna try something different this time.” She has me sit on the floor and lean up against the couch right between her legs. She then drapes her legs over my shoulders, crosses her feet and pulls them in so they are on my stomach. It was a very nice position. She then turns on the TV and immediately a Lady Gaga ad is playing advertising about a show that will be happening in our town. “Pet, this gives me an idea.”