- Text Size +

Chapter 7

The director of the Carnegie Museum of Natural History, famous for it's collection of dinosaur skeletons, saw two huge naked feet, with calves that rose skywards like two enormous pillars, standing next to his museum as Bibi, having reached East End, paused her walk for a moment. Chills drove down his spine as he saw one of her gargantuan feet being lifted, moving in the direction of his museum, hovering threatening over its roof.

"Oh God, no!" he said, panicking. Bibi's foot caused a foreboding shadow over the museum, but after a few frightening moments, she stepped back. The director looked up at the giantess, seeing the most massive figure he had ever laid his eyes upon. The biggest of dinosaurs were nothing compared to this giantess. The director pictured the mighty brontosaurus next to her. It would look like a small lizard.
What strength would she posses? She might pick up this brontosaurus, one of the heaviest animals ever, between thumb and index finger with ease. The director shook at the thought. The view was spectacular and frightening alike, standing near a titaness that was able to crush him under her pinky toe. He felt a warm feeling running down his leg. It was pee.

Then, the giantess suddenly stepped forward again. Her foot crashed through the museum, which burst apart like a sand castle. Her other foot followed. Bibi was looking around her, trying to make out directions, standing on the spot where the museum was. Turning around, her feet turned as well, stepping on the museum over and over, as if she did it on purpose. However, Bibi did not. She was much too drunk to understand she was crushing the Carnegie Museum into oblivion, taking the dinosaur skeletons and the collection of ancient Egyptian art with it.

The director was shocked as he saw his museum being destroyed by two naked feet, the owner of which didn't seem to mind she was crushing fossils having survived millions of years within seconds. She was oblivious to the fact she was destroying works of art, being thousands of years old and of unphantomable value. It all ended under the soles of a drunken girl, who was looking for the way home.

"As if it is all insignificant. As if it is pointless having survived this long...", the director said to himself under his breath, shaking and getting dizzy as he saw his museum turned into debris. The next moment he flew into a rage. He ran towards the giantess, jumping over the remains of the museum, and started to pound at her feet with his fists, swearing and cursing. Bibi didn't notice.

The director saw blood sticking on her feet, but realized soon it was his. He cut himself on the sharp callus, which covered the skin of her feet like a wall of rough stones. He saw several deep cuts examining his hands, bleeding severely. Then, the world darkened. Before the director could look up, Bibi had turned again, and that meant she had to shift the position of her feet. Doing so, she stepped on the director, who was, like all people, ant-sized to her. She squashed him, never knowing. Then she continued her unsteady walk, with a part of a brontosaurus skeleton wedged between her toes, a mute statement how colossal she was.

Unlike the tree she still wore, Bibi didn't pay attention to the brontosaurus skeleton. Her toe turned the skeleton to powder after a few steps, as she walked towards the Monongahela River. She didn't exactly know why she went there. Her brain remembered something about walking over a bridge, so she did. Her foot fit on the bridge nicely, but as she shifted her weight on it, she broke the bridge in two, like a dry cookie.

"OOOppppsshhh! Sshhorry...", she said with a thick tongue.
"Where isshh mah home?" she asked the cars and their fleeing owners on the other half on the bridge. She looked at the people, her view blurred and doubled, and as she received no answer shrugged her shoulders and waded through the Monongahela towards the other shore, smashing a riverboat wharf as she got on dry land again.

Many miles away, in Morondava, Frank stood frozen for the TV. He was watching CNN, where he saw Bibi, the girl he had been drinking with yesterday, 750 feet tall. He witnessed her rampaging through Pittsburgh, heard the government and survivors commenting the events, and saw the destruction she had wrought, over and over. Then he couldn't see clearly anymore. His eyes filled with tears.