- Text Size +

Chapter 8

Bibi was now in the industrial area of Pittsburgh. Her wet feet slipped, causing her to fall again. This time, she fell forward, burying an electronics factory under her breasts, which were small when she was 5'2 but now big and massive enough to compress the building like a box made of aluminum foil. Her hands hit the ground, crushing through a large storage building, making sure her head didn't hit the ground.

"Sshheeesshhh. Itsshh ssshhlippy here." she said. She got up again, brushed herself off and continued walking around, looking for clues where her home was. She pushed large chimneys out of her path like large reeds, her legs and feet bulldozing through factories and refineries, oblivious to the damage caused. The only thing her mind was focused on was getting home, to bed, so she could go to sleep.

Having trod down industry buildings worth around 400 million dollars, Bibi saw the U. S. Steel Tower in the distance.

"Aaah! The Sshhteeel Tower! I'm coming!" she said. She knew the landmark of Pittsburgh well, as it stood near her neighborhood. Happily, she walked towards the large building, stepping on until then undamaged factories. She waded through the river again, upstream, kicking a steel bridge in two, bending one part of it in a clear 90 degrees angle. Approaching the Tower she stepped on countless houses in a living area, the rectangular buildings being little more than beetles compared to her size, and crunching just as nicely. 

Bib was so drunk, she didn't notice the neighborhood she trampled flat was actually the one she lived in. Houses of friends and acquaintances were destroyed by her 95 feet long soles. Her stomping feet somehow missed the street but crushed the houses next to it one by one, as Bibi proceeded towards the U.S. Steel Tower. She didn't notice she destroyed her own house, the one she was looking for, bent as she was on reaching the Steel Tower. The house her parents had worked for three decades long, starting well before she was born, was nothing but a flat layer of debris embedded in a footprints as she lifted her enormous foot. A prophesy her father had made once, when he drove his daughter home from the local hospital after a night of carousing, became true. He oracled that her drinking would one day destroy that which he and his wife had built.

Finally, Bibi stood before the U.S. Steel Tower. With its 841 feet, it was bigger than she was. Bibi smiled at it, again standing on the parking lot and having buried countless cars and people under her feet. The occupants of the Tower, having witnessed her rampage as well and realizing a few minutes ago she was coming towards them, were in a panic. Everyone wanted to leave as quickly as possible, but the people clogged the escape routes, trampling each other, as every one tried to be the first to get out. The result was that hardly anyone managed to.
Bibi, much to the horror of the people of Pittsburgh, especially those in the U.S. Steel Tower, embraced this building too, but this time with both arms like it was a lover. Hugging it, the Tower was torn from it foundations on the opposite side, while the windows shattered and the walls buckled where she had put her arms around it. Her breasts buried themselves in the walls, crushing them like gigantic wrecking balls, raining down debris over her toes.
Bibi leaned forward. Her weight of 300,000 tons was too much for the Tower to bear. It fell, taking Bibi with it, whose body smashed the Tower into oblivion as it hit the ground with an enormous crash. The impact of both the U.S. Steel Tower and Bibi's body caused a vast shock wave that destroyed every building in the vicinity, making two other skyscrapers nearby topple as well. The surviving people in the neighborhood had trouble breathing, caused by the smoke. Bibi's body and the U.S. Steel Tower caused a mayhem and panic around her that put the attack on the Twin Towers to shame.

She got up again, looking at the crumbs that were the remains of the U.S. Steel Tower.

"Aaaaww. Ssshooo Sshorry...You’re not mad at me, yessshhh?" she muttered with an apologizing face. She looked around her again.

"Sshheeesh! Thisshhh placesshhh needssshh cleaned...,” she said aloud, seeing the debris and smoke. Few people could appreciate the unintentional cynicism.

Walking a few thousand feet further, unsteady as ever, Bibi heard a soft voice from below. It came from the top of a police car, where an officer was standing on, talking through a megaphone. Bibi stopped just before the cars, which had blocked the road, her toes towering over them easily.

"Err...Miss...Hold it right here..." the officer said. He looked up at her gargantuan body, then at her toes, being placed a few feet in front of him. Even on top of the police van, standing upright, the police officers’ head hardly reached the toenail of Bibi's pinky toe.
All his training, all his conditioning, to face criminals without showing fear seemed to melt away as he stood in front of this living mountain of flesh, this goddess, which was swinging dangerously back and forth in her drunken state. He shook all over his body as he cried "Wait here, we'll...we'll err, sent someone." He didn't know anything better to say.

Bibi, having heard only half of what the cop was saying, bent over, her face causing a shadow eclipsing half a city block.

"Wha...?" she asked, her half-closed, watery eyes scanning the ground. She nearly lost her balance, and, in the face of being squished like bugs, some cops ran in terror.

"Err, this...this...is the police speaking....,” the officer repeated, shaking even more as he saw her huge face, covering the entire sky, coming down. He felt so tiny, so insignificant. Bibi's huge face, her drunken expression, made him think he stood before a female version of Dionysus, the god of the wine. It was menacing, her slightly open mouth a huge gaping cavern, an abyss capable to swallow him and his entire van in one gulp. He smelled her alcoholic breath, like a hot wind, making his head spin a little.

"Aahm not drunk...Ah didn't drink anyshhing..." Bibi said, almost automatically as she heard the word "police". She had been taken in custody many times by the police on her way home from her drinking excesses. Therefore, even intoxicated, her brain was conditioned to defend itself against the cops by denying.

The officer was dumbstruck. Did this woman think he wanted to arrest her for being drunk? She had destroyed large parts of Pittsburgh, killed thousands, and she apparently thought her drunkenness was the only thing that counted. Was this young woman mad? Her thumb alone was enough to squash him like a bug, press the proud police van flat, and she was making an excuse to him, the dumbest one he heard, repeatedly, from the countless drunks he had encountered.

Bibi saw nothing but a double image of small dots. She managed to make out toy cars the size of her fingernails, but to her, it still was not strange. She really thought the cop could arrest her and take her away, as had had happened before many times. The money she inherited was spend on two things above everything else: booze and fines for public intoxication. Knowing what tests the cops usually took to prove someone was drunk, Bibi decided to take her chances.

"Look! Ah can walk ssstraight...,” she said. Spreading her arms before the startled police, she began to walk like doing a tightrope act.

"No! No, wait, you..." the officer cried, as he saw Bibi's foot descend upon him. However, it was too late. Her foot came down, pressing the cop and his car flatter than a penny. The other cops didn't even bother to draw their guns and fire. As Bibi placed foot after foot in her attempt to proof she was sober, they were all crushed in turn. Only a few lucky ones escaped, because Bibi couldn't walk straight. For balance, she placed one foot sideward, mowing her heel through a four-story office.

"Ssshheee? Am not drunk...,” she said, at the fleeing people at her feet after a few steps. Hearing no answer, she concluded she had convinced the police and decided she could walk on.

"Ah needa pee," she said to no one in particular. "For little girlsshhh...". No one noticed it was an unintentional pun.

Bibi walked outside Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, she took a route she hadn't walked yet, so she left another trail of destruction in her wake. A suburban area, two schools, several stores and countless cars were smashed, streets were rendered useless, not to mention the hundreds of lives that perished under her soles.

Outside Pittsburgh, Bibi crouched, and relieved herself. Her pee crashed into the ground, uprooting half a dozen trees. Then it formed a foul-smelling, foaming lake, which washed away a small village and two farms before it flew in a river.
When she got up, Bibi was approached by the army. Two dozen jets, six gun ships and a battalion of tanks closed in on her, ready to bring her down. The government had witnessed this creature on the television, together with the rest of the world, and saw no other option than killing her. The timing couldn't be worse. It had been two hours since her growth started, and now, the second dose of the agent was starting to work. She grew again.