- Text Size +

Chapter 9

The army was on the move, ready to take her down, but what was happening now was beyond their expectation. The enormous bulk of the girl in front of them inflated even further. Bibi shot up, still not knowing what was going on, at an amazing speed. The jets flying towards her in order to strike were not able to evade the wall of flesh coming towards them. They smashed into her belly and thighs, each one exploding violently. The fireballs did not even scorch Bibi's skin enough to make her notice. The gunships, which were slower than the jets and had remained at what turned out to be a safe distance, fired, but they couldn't do more harm to her than a grain of sand to a normal person.
Bibi grew and grew, while swaying on her legs like a thin tree in a storm. She reached one mile within a minute, two miles thirty seconds later. Then it happened. The drunken giantess expanded like an airbag. In a split second she gained five miles, her knees and calves obliterating the gunships while her growing toes bulldozed the tanks into metal balls. She would have destroyed Pittsburgh completely if she had been facing in its direction.

Bibi looked puzzled around her. Where was Pittsburgh? She only saw a large white mist, crawling around the ground. It was the clouds, hardly reaching her knees, but her drunken brain was not able to realize that. Bibi staggered a few steps forwards, hoping to find her home or a landmark to give her directions.
On the ground, the people were so shocked, they could not even move. The 3000 inhabitants of a village a few miles from Pittsburgh stood frozen as Bibi's enormous sole, smeared with dirt, came down on them through the clouds. For a moment, the underside of her foot was visible. A large, 4000 feet big foot, 2500 feet at its broadest, unstoppable descending towards their village. Then, it eclipsed the entire sky. No one screamed as Bibi foot planted itself on the village, taking the 3000 lives and pressing every building, tree, car and other things firmly into the ground, which gave way 600 feet before it could carry her vast weight.
Bibi walked further, obliterating a ranch hardly as broad as her big toenail. Trillions of tons of human flesh and bone compressed entire villages into the ground, caused earthquakes and cracks that swallowed farms and forests. Her footfalls changed the landscape forever. The flow of rivers was altered, hills trod down, the most impressive infrastructures rendered useless. Bibi pounded Pennsylvania like a sledgehammer of epic proportions. Whole communities crunched under her dirt-covered soles, lakes disappeared as huge waterfalls in the canyons her steps created, and many square miles of farmland could never be used again, as her weight compressed the fertile soil into hard rock.
Bibi was gargantuan. Even her pinky toe was big beyond imagination. After having stepped on another village, her pinky toe came down on a fast food restaurant, covering its entire surface and the nearby parking lot, leaving nothing but a crater the size of a large pond. It was horrible and humiliating, to witness the works of humankind and nature being destroyed so easy and so casual, under the feet of a drunken girl looking for her bed.

Her bed. Bibi was getting tired. She was one of those drunks who looked only a limited time for their home. After that, they didn't care any longer where they woke up. Bibi yawned, stretched, and lay down on her belly. The ground felt soft and ticklish, for she was so massive, she did not feel the highway and countless farms and motels being pulverized under her.
As she was lying on the ground, her head was below the cloud layer. Then she saw Pittsburgh in the distance.
"Aaah! There you are. Ahf been looking for ya!" she said, smiling. The survivors in Pittsburgh watched, cold sweat running down their bodies, as the enormous drunk came crawling towards them, her breasts rolling a mountain range full of dirt before them as she did so. It rained down on the outskirts of Pittsburgh, like an enormous avalanche, when Bibi reached her city. The dirt covered one-fifth of Pittsburgh, burying and destroying thousands of houses, cars and countless people under countless tons of soil.
Bibi looked down on her city. With her watery eyes, she saw sugar lump-sized office buildings, finger tall skyscrapers and houses no bigger than breadcrumbs. However, it seemed totally normal to her Pittsburgh’s surface was no bigger than that of her kitchen. Her drunken brain didn't know what to make of tiny Pittsburgh, once a proud city, now partly ruined by a 750 feet tall woman who was now 7 miles tall and lying before it. Bibi didn't enter it. She just looked at it, smiling dumbly, her eyes half-closed.
To the people of Pittsburgh, the sight was like hell. Bibi was a menace already when she was 750 feet tall, but now, her face alone was at least eight times that size. Every time she breathed out, which she did through her mouth, a warm breeze smelling of alcohol swept over the poor city. Everything in Pittsburgh soon smelled of the penetrating odor, making many people drowsy and nauseous.
Bibi, after having gazed down on Pittsburgh after five minutes, decided to stand up again in a last attempt to find her bed. Her left hand, 3500 feet long, destroyed an entire forest and flattened a little hill, while the other buried a village as she supported herself on them. She tried to lift herself up, revealing the largest pair of breasts the world had ever seen. However, even though she was by far the strongest being ever, she was so drunk, she could not manage. She fell on her belly, her weight of half a trillion tons coming down from half a mile.
Almost all of Pittsburgh was destroyed instantly by the impact her body made. The pressure wave pulverized nearly every building left, shredding every survivor apart, making vehicles leaping up high in the air, only to be wrecked when hitting the ground.
Bibi saw it. Like a breeze blowing sand away the pressure wave rippled through Pittsburgh.

"Oopppshhh. My apoloshieshh to yitzzsh," she said. "Ah, ah w...won't sshhtand up ahgain, ah promisshh.…"

She dragged her fingers through the city, her fingertips digging through rows and rows of ruined houses, while her nails tore open what was left of the streets. For Bibi, it was caressing Pittsburgh in guilt. For the few survivors, it was hell. Many people screamed and cried as they saw her enormous digits racing through the streets, impossibly fast, demolishing everything even further in their wake. The horizon was filled with her face, smiling as ever.

"From now, am going to sshtay here, yessshhh," she said. "Ah will be nicessshh.... Now, I go to sshleep. Nighty night."

Bibi folded her arms and cradled her head in them. Before sunset, Bibi was asleep, her 7-mile tall body lying in front of the ruins of Pittsburgh.

On Madagascar, police officers and firefighters were standing in a house near the jungle. A passer-by had noticed a cloud of black smoke emerging from the wooden house and alerted the cops and fire brigade. After having extinguished the fire, which, as turned out later, had been ignited by the inhabitant in his laboratory, they found the man hanging from the rafters, in front of a running TV showing a rampaging giantess.