- Text Size +

 


Jennifer ran over to her younger sister, furious, and pushed her shoulder. “What the hell! Be careful, do you know what it’s like being that small?”

“Look, sister, I showed up to help you; don’t give me a guilt trip.”

As the two sisters continued to argue, I walked over to the couch, sat down, and drank from a warm beer. As incredible as my life had recently become, hanging out with three beautiful, sometimes gigantic women, it was nonetheless a stressful experience. And then Jennifer’s apartment door opened. “Oh, hey,” Brandi said.

Brandi slowly walked back into the room carrying a case of beer. “You called your sister? C’mon, I was just messing with y’all. I went out to grab some more beer. Did you think I would leave you two like that?”

I sat dumbfounded and turned my head to see the fury in Jennifer’s eyes. She was snapping. Brandi walked forward and dropped the case of beer on the coffee table and stood next to Hannah. “Shit, sorry, Hannah, I didn’t think they’d flip and call you up. I was just messing with them.”

“Messing with us?! Messing with us!?” Jennifer replied angrily. She stepped over to the alarm system, and even before any of us could utter a word, Brandi and Hannah disappeared. Or, rather, were shrunk.

“Jesus, Jennifer, wait!” I said as I stood to approach her as she walked over to the middle of her living room, her little sister and best friend now minuscule on the floor.

Jennifer stared down at her feet, screaming, “Do YOU like being messed with, huh, do you? Do you like being tiny fucks at my feet? I’ll crush you both right now!” She lifted her foot over where the two girls were, her face full of anger. I lunged over and grabbed her foot.

“Wait, stop, don’t do this,” I pleaded.

Jennifer replied, “Can you see them? Tell me where they are.”

I got on all fours and bent over, pointing at where the two tiny girls were. Jennifer slammed her right floor directly in front of that spot, the small specks dwarfed by her gigantic toes.

“Don’t fuck with me again,” she uttered to the girls at her feet and walked back over to her shrinking alarm system. Typing in the codes, Jennifer unshrunk the two girls.

Growing back to normal size, they both, crying from their ordeal, grabbed their things, and hustled out the apartment without saying a word. Jennifer stood, glowing, clearly on a power trip, more beautiful and seemingly stronger than ever.

I stood up next to her, and as I went to say good night, she said, “Yeah, good night.” I shuffled out the door.


A few days had past since I’d talked to Jennifer. Seeing her last crazy gesture, her near murder of her sibling and friend somewhat made me hesitant to talk to her. But then, a knock at my door.

“Hey, remember the other night when we were in the crack of my floorboard? I think I might have lost an earring there.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah. And it was from my grandmother. It really means a lot to me. So, um, I know this is a lot to ask, but could I shrink you down so you could grab it for me? I know you might not want to, because of, you know, the craziness.”

“Uh, you couldn’t get it?”

“Well, I looked for it, but it’s beyond too small to see, and I can’t shrink myself down because I wouldn’t be able to be unshrunk. Please, you’re the only person I can trust.”

She gave me the doe eyes that made me fall for her so long ago. “I thought you were getting rid of that thing?”

“Oh, I will, I promise, right after this.”

I finally agreed, and she smiled. I followed her up to her apartment. “You have your phone, right? I’ll shrink you down, you grab the earring, and then call me, and I’ll bring you back to normal.”

I stood near the crack in the floor where we had both hidden a few days back, and Jennifer pressed the buttons on the alarm to send me back to 1/16th of an inch. I shook my head and closed my eyes and stared back up at the giantess above me. She took a few small steps towards me, peering down at my tiny form.

I stepped over to the hole in the wooded floor and lowered myself into it. Looking around I found the lost earring and pulled out my cell phone.

“Yeah, I found it, “ I said to her as I crawled from the crevasse back onto the floor.

“Oh, great, thank you so much. I know how terrifying it is to be like that.”

“No, no, it’s not the worst. I kinda think it’s actually a little fun,” I told her. “It’s a totally different world being this small.” I started walking towards her massive toes, her unpainted nails shining before me.

“Well, hey, little man, lemme bring you back to full size.”

“You don’t have to make me full sized just yet.” I reached the second toe of her left foot. Her incredible toes towered over my small frame as I rubbed the ridges of her skin.

“Ha, really, what size would you like to be?”

“I don’t know. How about three inches tall?”

“Alright then, let’s do this.” She ended the call on her phone, and I did the same.

Jennifer’s toes lifted far above my head as she walked back over to the alarm console on the wall, and soon I was grown to three inches tall. She returned to me and bent over, grabbing in her soft hand. She held me level to her face.

“Now what?”

“It’s not up to me. You’re in control.”

Jennifer smiled and carried me to her bedroom. Life would never be the same.