- Text Size +

Chapter 6

They squished and crunched under her boot. Jorien's enormous weight was far too much for their puny little bodies to withstand. Jorien crushed seven people in one step, she barely felt anything through the thick sole of her boot.

The others ran away, screaming. Jorien took another step, crushing three people under her other foot as well as another car.

"They are insects," she thought again. "I am not abusing power. I am doing what I should do. Killing vermin." The voice in her head had been complaining again, and Jorien was justifying her actions.

She looked at the office building. It didn't even reach her chest now. Like a pole of glass, about three feet high to her, it stood there, people looking out of the windows. They looked like tiny black ants.

"Ants...little ants. And that building is nothing more than an anthill... And I have worked there for about ten years," she thought, looking at her former working place.

"Ten years. And still I am not one of the leaders. I have studied Economics, followed countless courses, worked double shifts frequently and they are still not sure if I deserve the job...". Jorien saw her life, her study at the University of Houston and her years of hard service in the firm pass her minds eye. Then she got angry. Jorien had sometimes been annoyed that she didn't get the promotions she thought she deserved, but it never surfaced. Until now. It all broke out of her.

"I HAVE TOILED TEN FUCKING YEARS FOR YOU," she cried at the building in anger. "YOU STOLE TEN YEARS OF MY FUCKING LIFE!!! TEN FUCKING YEARS!!! NO VACATION, OVERWORK, EVERYTHING!!! AND YOU STILL DOUBT I DESERVE A PROMOTION!!! HERE! LET ME SHOW YOU WHAT I THINK OF YOU!!!"

Her usually pale face red with anger, she ran at the building and kicked it violently. Glass and debris flew everywhere, propelled like a shot from a cannon. Smoke mulched out of the broken walls.

The people in the building had no time to run. They panicked as they saw how the nose of Jorien's boot came flying towards them, like a huge, black wrecking ball. Its impact shattered six floors at once, while the upper three broke off and fell down the backside of the building. With a loud splash, the former top of the building landed in a decorative pond.

Another kick. Steel beams broke like toothpicks, concrete and stone crumbled as if they were made of dried cake. The people flew, together with the furniture, like a grapeshot over the neighborhood. Hardly anyone survived the giantess kicking of her former workplace. The office building trembled and was reduced in size each time her enormous feet hit it, but it remained standing erect.

Jorien screamed again.

"YOU STOLE MY LIFE!!! EXPLOITED ME!!! BUT NOT ANY LONGER!!! YOU ARE SHIT! VERMIN! I HATE YOU!!! I HATE YOU!!!", she cried, tears welling up in her hazel eyes and kicking the building again and again. Floor after floor was demolished and fell down, shattering upon impact.

Having reduced the building to one-quarter of its original height, Jorien trampled the remains. She let out her frustration, build up inside her for nearly a decade, on her working place. Everything was destroyed and perished under the giantesses’ huge, stomping feet and tremendous weight. Jorien trampled and trampled again and grinded her feet while shouting how much she hated the firm and their discriminating, sexist leaders.

The director's offices were located in the upper part of the now destroyed office building, the piece that lay in the pond. Although some of the top dogs had survived the impact, they all perished as Jorien trod upon the debris in the pond when she was trampling the remains of the building. No one of Jorien's superiors lived to tell the tale.

When she had reduced the building to rubble, Jorien crushed every man and woman still running around on the parking lot. There weren't many left, most of them died inside the now ruined building and those that had been outside had fled already. Jorien stomped on the cars and trees at the parking lot, the only one that she left intact was her own car.

Jorien's anger ebbed away when the office building was destroyed. She looked at the ruins and smiled.

"That was wonderful," she thought. "Not unjust. This was revenge. Revenge for a life stolen. They deserved it."

Jorien picked up her own car, which was about an inch long to her now, and put in in her pocket. It was weird, putting your own car in the pocket of your jeans. Jorien was giggling because of it when she heard sirens. Looking down, she saw police cars and fire engines approaching.

"Oh, the insects want to put up a fight," she thought. "This is going to be fun."